Crown

Board: Motor Sports Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: [2022] Formula 1

What a great race! 

First of all - the regs work. It is noticeable that the following the other car is simler from aero point of view. Its still a stress for engine, brakes and tyres temperature but it was always the case in slipstreams in every race category. Its still not FIA WEC 2015 but close))

Congrats for Ferrari fans - great car, great tactics and nice drive from Carlos and Leclerc. Merc were not that bad today either, the are clearly less bouncing. I think that soon they will come close to Ferrari and RB.

Bad luck for RB, but great battles.

Very pity to see McLaren in the back of the field. Something wrong with them, aero doesnt work. 

Ferrari 

So sad for Lando and Perez and Gasly

Also happy for Haas

--

There is no try. Just do.

This is a great start to the season. 

Edit: Max must be terrible at poker. Someone from his team should explain to him the concept of “under promise and over deliver”

Kevin was very strong today, P5 is an amazing result. However Mick dissapointed. 

What a nice start into 2022! Me likey 😎

As expected, the Ferrari is the quickest of the lot. Their new engine spec surpasses most powerful engine last year, the Hondas. Mercedes engines are right now behind both and the Renault a distant last.

The much improved Ferrari engine carries the Alfas and the Haas up the field for sure.

The undisputed drama queen is still doing his thing on the radio, but at lest now him being a WDC his driving standard has improved a lot. Or could it be that he only try to crash into Hamilton and no one else? Regardless, what a bad break for him and Perez, hopefully these reliability issue is only a one off, they were running so well on testing. But then again another Honda car was on fire. So maybe there could be some concerns. 

Early signs point to the Aston and Williams fighting for last place on the standing. 

If nothing changes at McLaren they could be the one finishing 8th. With Alpine at 7th.

--

Whoopsy, how do you calculate the engine power? 

Also, this year engines couldn't be more powerful than the most powerful engines of the last year due to the increase of ethanol. E10 fuel has less energy than non ethanol fuel.

I got a whole bunch of questionable links in Chinese that I can send via dm that you can't read. 

No one is saying this year's engine is more powerful than last year dude.

Last year the Hondas in race trim is the most powerful engine on the grid. Some might argue otherwise about the Mercedes but they are only stronger when reliability is sacrificed, i.e. when they are turned up without the need to last 7 races. 

Basically Honda engine is the benchmark for output, if all things are equal and all suffer the same with E10 fuel. This holds true for Honda and Mercedes, the pecking order remains there. The 3 Ferrari powered teams however moved up, can't just be car alone, so the engine has to be stronger. 

Also if you know racing, you can pick up how strong the engines are relative to each other just from seeing how they pick up speed in a straight line. Can't quite use terminal speed as that's more influenced by aero. 

Literally all of Mercedes' customer teams are rounding up the rear of the field. Last year it was the Ferrari customer teams. 

Harder to slot where Renault stands as they do not have a customer team for more data points, but the way how the Alpine is picking up speed on straights, they are definitely behind Mercedes engines for sure.

--

Whoopsy, I can read Chinese, I can read Japanese, if you are not banned from Google, it is not a problem. Chinese-English and Japanese-English works quite well. I have some motorfan issues (the best japanese magazine, and one of the world known best among racecar engineers), one of them with the all bunch of details about Porsche 919 engine (the most complicated unit in many ways), it is translated quite well with google. So please, give me an URL, if you dont mind.

You wrote "Their new engine spec surpasses most powerful engine last year", now you write "No one is saying this year's engine is more powerful than last year dude.", so sorry I am lost.

If you know which engine is the most powerful and which the least, could you please give the digits of power output. Power and torque curve will be also appreciated. Because to me, to be fair, it is quite difficult to see which one is the most powerful, because I understand that there are lots of variable, the most evident one - coeff of drag.

F.e. I can easily translate these kinds of pages.

9.png

47.png

kudryavchik:

Whoopsy, I can read Chinese, I can read Japanese, if you are not banned from Google, it is not a problem. Chinese-English and Japanese-English works quite well. I have some motorfan issues (the best japanese magazine, and one of the world known best among racecar engineers), one of them with the all bunch of details about Porsche 919 engine (the most complicated unit in many ways), it is translated quite well with google. So please, give me an URL, if you dont mind.

You wrote "Their new engine spec surpasses most powerful engine last year", now you write "No one is saying this year's engine is more powerful than last year dude.", so sorry I am lost.

If you know which engine is the most powerful and which the least, could you please give the digits of power output. Power and torque curve will be also appreciated. Because to me, to be fair, it is quite difficult to see which one is the most powerful, because I understand that there are lots of variable, the most evident one - coeff of drag.

So perhaps you might want to brush up on your English comprehension a bit more.

Honda engine was the most powerful last year, naturally they should be this year also, but no this year the Ferrari is more powerful, hence surpasses the most powerful engine last year. Makes perfect sense to me. 

Don't think anyone else other than you had trouble understanding like you did. Oh well. 

--

kudryavchik:

Almost forgot about this part. 

Spudgun would surely get the joke on my opening sentence in my post. 

And of course you didn't. What's new. 

--

Whoopsy:
    kudryavchik:

So perhaps you might want to brush up on your English comprehension a bit more.

Honda engine was the most powerful last year, naturally they should be this year also, but no this year the Ferrari is more powerful, hence surpasses the most powerful engine last year. Makes perfect sense to me. 

Don't think anyone else other than you had trouble understanding like you did. Oh well. 

Thank you for teaching me English, very much appreciated. Could you please now give me the power digits that confirm that Honda was the most powerful last year and Ferrari is the most powerful this year. Otherwise you write Bullshit, sorry. 

Whoopsy:
    kudryavchik:

Sorry, I am out of the idea what are you talking about. I dont know anything about your relations with Herr Spudgun, it is not my business. All I am interested where from you've got the F1 ICE HP digits. So I will be waiting for the source. Thank you!

Oh look a Russian is trying to flex. 

Where have I seen that before.

Oh right, every night on the evening news right now about Ukraine. 

--

Whoopsy:

You have undressed, dudeSmiley 

"a Russian is trying to flex" If you are interested about my nationality, I am half Russian, half jew. By father I am Russian, so in Russia I am Russian, in Israel, by mother (born in Ukraine in one of the cities being bombed now) I am a jew. And my name is Nikita. I am even silent about my relatives and friends sitting under the bombs now running up and down the basement to hide from them every 2 hours. 

The only I have done, asked you for the digits on which you make your doubtful statements. Total fuck up Whoopsy, Hamilton would make you stay on kneesSmiley 

What a race... what a great start into the season.... the beautiful Ferrari is also really fast... and well deserved 1,2 for the Scuderia... really happy for them, also to see how Leclerc beat Verstappen on the track was great... as Verstappen passed him three times he always managed to get him back... great effort.

Also very happy to see the RedBull got 0 points... karma is a bitch I would say... indecision

Mereceds is still a bit far off but I think that they will understand the car better very soon and will be back on top in 3-4 races... 

I think this is going to be a great season...

And BTW those cars look stunning on track... blush

Cars look great, except for the wheel covers. Good seeing Ferrari winning again; let's hope they are not skirting any rules...

Whoopsy:
    kudryavchik:

Not only spudgun, I also let out a chuckle when I read your joke, was pretty funny Smiley

KMM:

Cars look great, except for the wheel covers. Good seeing Ferrari winning again; let's hope they are not skirting any rules...

I prefer last year's tbh, they look a bit toy-like imo...

--

1988 Peugeot 205 Rallye / 2004 Porsche 996 GT3 RS  / 2018 Mercedes-AMG E63 S / 2020 Ferrari 812SF

KMM:

I like the new cars too, especially the upper hood line to the rear wing. Previous cars were like buses, however I like 2020 merc a lot. However, potentially I would like to see smaller cars, like 2000-2008 years with lower weight

kudryavchik:
    Whoopsy:

You have undressed, dudeSmiley 

"a Russian is trying to flex" If you are interested about my nationality, I am half Russian, half jew. By father I am Russian, so in Russia I am Russian, in Israel, by mother (born in Ukraine in one of the cities being bombed now) I am a jew. And my name is Nikita. I am even silent about my relatives and friends sitting under the bombs now running up and down the basement to hide from them every 2 hours. 

The only I have done, asked you for the digits on which you make your doubtful statements. Total fuck up Whoopsy, Hamilton would make you stay on kneesSmiley 

Glad to help you sleep better at nightSmiley

What you had asked fro is meaningless. What is 'exact digit'? You think Mercedes knows how much power the Renault is putting out? Or Red Bull? Or Ferrari? They would only know their own. No one in the world knows the exact output for all 4 engines. Power output in relation with their competitors however is easy to compare, that why there is no need to compare 'exact' output for each engines to rank them. Again, simple racing stuff. 

But it's ok, you can keep flexing. Think everyone here, or most of them, are feeling entertained. 

--

Carlos from Spain:
    Whoopsy:
    kudryavchik:

Not only spudgun, I also let out a chuckle when I read your joke, was pretty funny Smiley

Glad to put a smile on your face on Monday morningSmiley

--

I am not the only one that picked up on the fact that the Mercedes engines are down on power relative to Honda and Ferrari this year.

And it's not even a secret up and down the paddock.

But feel free to go ahead and argue. We in a free speech forum after all.

Sorry Whoopsy, I dont understand your homosexual jokes, you put the smile on Carlos face, but write to me about my sleep tonight. Ok I am liberal, so no problem. I understand your exestiantial crysis, but its not my business. 

You say its an easy stuff to compare the engine ranks in relation to each other. Please give some info. How did you calculate the ranks?

Update: thx for video, Ill watch

On the tools, as far as I have read there the tools in professional motorsport where the teams can calculate the hp output omitting the variables + to measure the outpit with the engine sound. I think they know almost the exact digits of each other. 

Definitely off the meds now.

Enmanuel, this topic is not about meds, but F1. Please, try not to offtop. Meds are discussed in coronavirus topic.

If you have info on f1 engine power, it will be interesting

I’ll try to keep up 

Nikita, serious question: how old are you? 17?

--

997.2 4S / BMW 745e / Donkervoort GT 

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    760639 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    434352 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    259998 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257136 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80744 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5311 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

871252 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    806417 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM