Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Grmbl

Just visited my dealer again today. I was about to go ahead with a fully loaded 997 S cab but then we started talking about the C4 (and C4S). He told me they should have more info and pics around the end of May. So I decided to wait just a little bit longer.
    He told me the cab should also be using the widebody just like the coupe. Let's wait and see

This is what it will be:
    997 4S (or 2S) cabrio with the following options:
    Slate Grey metallic
    X51 if it will be a 2S
    Tinted front window (the top part)
    Park-assist system
    Raindetector and anti-glare mirrors
    Chronosport pack
    Short shifter
    Door entry sills in Aluminium
    Wheel caps with colored crest
    19 inch wheels Carrera S with star painted in Slate Grey
    RDK
    Heated seats
    Homelink
    Adaptative sports seats
    Full leather interior (black)
    Porsche crest embossed on head restraints
    Multifunctional steering wheel
    Interiorpacket dashboard AluDesign
    Mid console rear AluDesign
    Interiorpacket doors AluDesign
    Navigation for PCM
    Bose sound system
    CD-Changer (6)

My dealer will give me a call whenever he finds out more info concerning the C4(S) and the X51 option.
    In the 2nd or 3rd week of May they will have a Slate Grey Boxster in their showroom so I will go and try to take a few good pictures of that color.

Re: Grmbl

thats gonna be one pricey car!

Unfortunately yea
    Price is comparable to a naked 996 TT.

Aren't 401k's wonderful????

VERY VERY VERY...NICE Spec Rami !!!

Rami - that's an awesome spec, you considered red belts?

Rami, please post some new pics of your awesome boxster before you sell it... It is the most beautiful boxster I ever saw.
    -Joost-

By the time you take delivery of a C4S w/ X51 that will be priced in 997TT country get the S cab now and put a deposit down for the 997TT/ cab. And delete park assist.

Quote:
    NM said:
    Rami - that's an awesome spec, you considered red belts?

Hmmm, no actually not ... never seen it really. Would the ylook good on a Slate Grey with Black interior you think?

Quote:
    Joost said:
    Rami, please post some new pics of your awesome boxster before you sell it... It is the most beautiful boxster I ever saw.

Will do Joost! I'll try to take some new pics with the silver crest on Sunday

Quote:
    Stradale said:
    By the time you take delivery of a C4S w/ X51 that will be priced in 997TT country get the S cab now and put a deposit down for the 997TT/ cab. And delete park assist.

Not a bad idea perhaps Stradale. Will ask my dealer what the extra charge would be if I sold them the 997 S cab back after a few months. Problem will be the taxes I lose on it
    I actually never had a park-assist system but thought it might be handy, dunno Do you have bad experience with it?

Quote:
    Joost said:
    -Joost-

Hey Joost! Thanks man, I appreciate that ... I have just uploaded 13 new pictures of my Boxster. You can find it by CLICKING HERE

park assist is UGLY! dont get it

Rami,
    Amazing specs!!!!!!
    Felicitations cher voisin!
    Please let me know when you hear something about X51 availibility, all my dealer received was an official letter with availibility in Sept 05 to be confirmed, and since then nothing, not even price.

Also, since you had quite a sharp Boxster, I would recommend the 2WD option for your 997, not the C4S, I think you'll find it too efficient, you will not be able to "pilote" it as much as the C2.
    Test drive a 996 C4S or turbo and see what I mean, it's such a good system that it's more point and shoot than the the 2WD counterparts, the latter require more finesse.

And finally, I was like you when I ordered mine and went for a lot of ALU design touches in the car.
    You should have a look at it first, I did on RC's and Rossis's recommandations, and they were right, it is painted plastis and on big parts, looks plastic! But maybe you like it.

And finally, I wouldn't take the park assist, the car is not that long and you get to know it's dimensions, and mostly, it's not very pretty.

What is RDK?

Sounds OK to me. Just be careful with one thing: lots of dealers worldwide get their "new model" information from Rennteam.com and we sometimes (but pretty rare... ) are mistaken or not 100% precise.

So even if it is an official dealer, take his information with caution until the official info from Porsche is out.

Quote:
    Fanch said:
    Rami,
    Amazing specs!!!!!!
    Felicitations cher voisin!
    Please let me know when you hear something about X51 availibility, all my dealer received was an official letter with availibility in Sept 05 to be confirmed, and since then nothing, not even price.

Also, since you had quite a sharp Boxster, I would recommend the 2WD option for your 997, not the C4S, I think you'll find it too efficient, you will not be able to "pilote" it as much as the C2.
    Test drive a 996 C4S or turbo and see what I mean, it's such a good system that it's more point and shoot than the the 2WD counterparts, the latter require more finesse.

And finally, I was like you when I ordered mine and went for a lot of ALU design touches in the car.
    You should have a look at it first, I did on RC's and Rossis's recommandations, and they were right, it is painted plastis and on big parts, looks plastic! But maybe you like it.

And finally, I wouldn't take the park assist, the car is not that long and you get to know it's dimensions, and mostly, it's not very pretty.

What is RDK?

Look who's talking! But thanks anyway Fanch
    To answer your question: RDK is tyre pressure monitoring. I accidently used the Belgian abbreviation for this option
    I'm going to wait just a little bit more so that I can at least see a picture of the upcoming C4(S). I'm also going to check out what my dealer will propose to me if I buy an S cabrio now (MY06) and trade it in for a 997TT cabrio or coupe in 2 years. If the offer is good then I will go for the 2S, if not then I THINK it will be the C4S (if it looks good that is).

The Park-Assist system will be removed

Whenever I hear more from my dealer you will see it written down here, that's a promise

I'm going to check that AluDesign packet again. I have seen the smaller packages already but not the bigger parts as you say. The interior on the pic below looks very nice to me but perhaps you are right ... that mid console might look like plastic
    What did you go for? Full leather mid console?

yes I went for rear console in leather bc standard, it is black plastic.

I also ticked doors in alu look, but as soos as I realised that in standard form, the Alu plastic part are int. colour leather, I let it standard.
    The S version comes with some Alu touches here and there that are nice enough to brighten the cockpit.

What do you mean, looks who's talking?

Quote:
    Fanch said:

What is RDK?

German: Reifendruckkontroll-System (RDK)
    English: tyre pressure control system

Quote:
    Fanch said:
    What do you mean, looks who's talking?

Have you taken a look at your specs recently?

Rami,
    Indeed similar car to mine!
    On the pic you've posted above with the rear center console in Alu look, the gearknob does not look standard and is quite nice though.
    Do you know where it's from please?
    Factory or not?

its the techart knob!

Quote:
    Rami said:
    Quote:
    Stradale said:

Not a bad idea perhaps Stradale. Will ask my dealer what the extra charge would be if I sold them the 997 S cab back after a few months. Problem will be the taxes I lose on it
    I actually never had a park-assist system but thought it might be handy, dunno Do you have bad experience with it?

I don't know how it works in Belgium but In NY on a PURCHASE (not lease) and I think the rest of the country when you trade in a vehicle you only pay taxes on the DIFFERENCE. So if your trade in was worth $90K and the new car cost $130k you only pay taxes on the $40k DIFFERENCE. I've done this 5 times in the past 2 years trading in one sports car for another. It's one of the reasons I always buy instead of lease. You would lose some depreciation on the S cab but if you're trading up to a more expensive car you would not lose on the "taxes". You can carry forward the taxes you paid on the original vehicle to the next provided it is a purchase (finance). (In NY anyway) In 2002 I traded in an 2002 M5 for a Viper (only paid taxes = $800 on difference of the cost of the used M5 to a new Viper then traded in the 2002 Viper for a 2002 996TT (only paid taxes on difference on the cost of the used Viper vs. cost of new TT ($4400)

Regarding the park-assist- I think it's a complete waste of money on a sports car the size of a 911. And the holes in the bumper look bad. IMO anyone that owns a 911 or any other high end SMALL sports car should be skillfull enough to park it without hitting anything. If not what's the point

Quote:
    Fanch said:
    Rami,
    Indeed similar car to mine!
    On the pic you've posted above with the rear center console in Alu look, the gearknob does not look standard and is quite nice though.
    Do you know where it's from please?
    Factory or not?

Fanch,
    It is TechArt as Dilinger said. Nice right?
    Last week I priced out the knob and mats in that picture above. The shift knob is $559 (comes with black leather boot). IMO TechArt makes the coolest aftermarket stuff,,,,,,,,,, period. The knob is pricey but I had to have it so I put one on order.
    TechArt has THE ONLY aftermarket rims I would consider for my 997. I'm trying to only do mods. that I can remove easy and put on a 997TT cab.

FANCH: Seems like the knob question has been answered already I do have another question, have you ever taken into consideration that the weight of the car will heavily be increased by all these options?

STRADALE: I'm going to check this more thoroughly. One thing I know for sure is that whenever we put a car on the road we need to pay an additional tax which is 5000 euro on this type of car.
    You are absolutely correct about Tech-Art, this is my personal favorite as well. The Tech-Art 5-spoke alloys are the most beautiful available imho. They also have a solution when you wish to lower a PASM fitted cabrio. Will visit them somewhere next month I think.

Quote:
    Rami said:
    FANCH: Seems like the knob question has been answered already I do have another question, have you ever taken into consideration that the weight of the car will heavily be increased by all these options?

No, don't think so, which options?
    Adaptative sports seats must be very heavy, granted.
    Leather, I don't think has a mych bigger weight gravity than plastic.
    Maybe XLF is a bit heavier than normal exhaust, but I'm getting PCCB.
    The sunroof is the worst, adds weight in the wrong place, but overall, no, I don't think it'll be heavier than any other 997S, FWIW, lighter actually.

I read an article in a Dutch magazine, they tested a 997 Carrera cabrio with the following options:
    - PASM
    - CD-changer
    - 19" Classics
    - Navigation system
    - Bose sound system
    - Sport Chrono
    - Adaptative sport seats
    - Heated seats
    - Telephone
    And a few others that are not significant.
    The car has an empty weight of 1480kg but with the options described above the car increased it's weight with 60kg making it a 1540kg car.

HEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPP !!

Need some opinion's from the fine posters in RENNTEAM.

For the TechArt shifter they need to know if I want the stitching in the black leather shifter boot to be black or silver. I was surprised there is a choice.

I would love to have some silver stitching in the car. It looks like the stitching is silver in the picture.

My car is Artic Silver/ Black Full Leather. If I could have gotten silver deviated stitch I would have. I love the contrast. I'm also putting in black mats with silver trimmed border.

Anyone?????????Bueller???????????

i'd prolly go with silver, maybe they have some samples you can look @?

19" wheels probably accounts for half that weight increase..
    Seeing people INSTALL Telephone's in cars is weird. Doesn't happen in the US anymore. Everyone uses handhelds with speaker phone. Or ear buds.
    I can't remember the last time I saw anyone on a hard wired cell phone. Maybe 10+ years.

Quote:
    sdy284 said:
    i'd prolly go with silver, maybe they have some samples you can look @?

Thanks.

Wonder if they could send me pics

Quote:
    Rami said:
    I read an article in a Dutch magazine, they tested a 997 Carrera cabrio with the following options:
    - PASM
    - CD-changer
    - 19" Classics
    - Navigation system
    - Bose sound system
    - Sport Chrono
    - Adaptative sport seats
    - Heated seats
    - Telephone
    And a few others that are not significant.
    The car has an empty weight of 1480kg but with the options described above the car increased it's weight with 60kg making it a 1540kg car.

I think that for once, Porsche was a bit optimistic with the 997S weight
    Remember the result of the 997S supertest in Autosport magazine?
    They tested a 997S Sport Chassis with PCCB in 8'05 minutes round the Nordschleife.
    That car was weighted at 1461 kgs whereas it should have been 1406 kgs (with the 14 kgs saved thanks to PCCB!)
    I asked the question a few weeks ago, but no replies.
    Now I don't think adaptative sports seats are 50 kgs are they!!!
    Oh well, less than 1500 for a multi talented sports car is still reasonnable compared to the opposition.

I took "997 Carrera" to mean NON-S.
    Also because it lists PASM as an option.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/11/24 6:53 AM
    GnilM
    752940 1796
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    430621 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258551 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255434 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79499 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5256 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868216 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    801750 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM