Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Cab S with PSE arrived!!!

Quote:
    Stradale said:
    Quote:
    Seven said:
    Stradale,

I meant that because of 'noise' protection law they have to close the flaps between 50-80 km/h because that's the speed they are measuring the 'noise'.

Hmmm. I didn't know that.
    Is that for all PSE cars or only in certain countries ?

Stradale, That is for all cars, it's a real pain, but very easy to get around it. I did the conversion on my 996, and I would guess it's the same ffor the 997.

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    Congrats Seven!!

I really hope my PSE doesn't cut off at 50-80km/h. Given that my overall average speed from the On Board Computer of my current 996 is 98km/h, then it would seem like I won't be getting much use from the PSE on my 997S if so!

First Congrats Seven! Very nice car!

Carlos,
    There is indeed a solution, it is controlled via that touch screen computer that the OPC use for the car diagnostic.
    I know bc my car (996) has the same thing with the sport exhaust.
    It would go back to normal between 50 and 80 kmh.
    You just have to explain your dealership what you want and it should be done.
    It does indeed beg the question of what is the switch for then, but hey, it's like having sport mode activated with sport exhaust, doesn't make much sense!
    Good news is all this stuff is controlled by electronics and it's modifiable, well, it was on the 996 series so I'm actually hoping it'll be fine with the 997.

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    nice seven!
    can the PSE be fitted by porsche post-receiving the car?

Check out older posts, we have several threads about this.

Those PSE exhaust pipes are starting to look good to me. Really sharp on a black 997!

Do you like the exhaust sound better with PSE on or off?

Quote:
    Seven said:
    Thank you!

Tomorrow we should have better weather. I took 2 days off just to drive. Hope I can go top down tomorrow.

Seven,

Congratulations for your beautiful car. Hopefully we will meet someday on the Swiss roads, I love driving through the country. BTW, this week-end should be quite sunny and warm, enjoy!

Who is your dealer ? The place looks great on your pics.

Take care

Very very nice, congrats .

Congrats on that new car - absolutely stunning.

Which PZ did you buy it from?

Quote:
    RC said:
    Check out older posts, we have several threads about this.

Hehehe thanks RC, sorry I'm still new here

Quote:
    Fanch said:
    Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    Congrats Seven!!

I really hope my PSE doesn't cut off at 50-80km/h. Given that my overall average speed from the On Board Computer of my current 996 is 98km/h, then it would seem like I won't be getting much use from the PSE on my 997S if so!

First Congrats Seven! Very nice car!

Carlos,
    There is indeed a solution, it is controlled via that touch screen computer that the OPC use for the car diagnostic.
    I know bc my car (996) has the same thing with the sport exhaust.
    It would go back to normal between 50 and 80 kmh.
    You just have to explain your dealership what you want and it should be done.
    It does indeed beg the question of what is the switch for then, but hey, it's like having sport mode activated with sport exhaust, doesn't make much sense!
    Good news is all this stuff is controlled by electronics and it's modifiable, well, it was on the 996 series so I'm actually hoping it'll be fine with the 997.

That would be great Fanch, lets hope its the same as the 996

Quote:
    Seven said:
    Finally I got mine today. I wanted to make some beautiful pictures of my new Cab with a lake, Swiss mountains and sunshine in the background.

Beautiful car, hope the weather's good to you. Looking forward to your photos, and if you were to do a video, one showing the difference with PSE on and off would be great.
    Enjoy the next few days!!

Quote:
    Seven said:
    Mike,

I will try to do that. But at the moment it's not the full fun because the breaking-in period. It's really hard to step up a lot before 7.000 rpm. I think the PSE will have the real amazing sound at higher rpms. But it's already great now!!!

I think it would be okay if you went up to 7000 rpm a couple of times so that you can record some audio for us. It won't hurt your engine.

Very classy car! Congratulations!

Great car, great specced!!! congrats!!!!! very beautifull...

Tell me about the PSE sound in comparison with 996 if you ve heard it.

Also tell us your opinion, on the looks of the PSE,many of us are sceptical about these different diameter pipes, how do they look in person??

And one more...what are all those hard tops in your dealer?

Storaged from customers?

Hey Seven,

That's a great looking Porsche Center there. It looks really unusual with the cars displayed in what looks like the second floor of an old house with wooden beams and everything.

Where is that? Do you have any more pics showing the interior of the dealership?

Looks like something Darth Vader would drive.. GREAT looking machine. Enjoy

Quote:
    Seven said:
    Great sound of the PSE. But it's very annoying to have it stopped between 50 and 80 km/h.

You mean as you're accelerating from stop to 100 km/h, you will first hear the nice sound of the PSE, and then at the cut-off at 50 km/h, a lower sound, and then at 80 km/h, you will hear the nice sound of the PSE again? That's gotta sound wierd.

Congrats, the car is absolutely stunning!!!, black exterior with PSE looks GREAT...

What would be done to the car, once you decide to install PSE for the 997S as retrofit???, I assume they'll have to remove the center panel console in the interior???, rear bumper as logic, but what more???
    Is a "risky" installation???

ciao

ITS MORE SIMPLY,than you describe it needs 4 hours aprrox.

I'm back again from my 2nd driving day and the car is back in the PZ (see thread 'engine cutouts').

In spite of that it was a great day in Ticino with plenty of possibilities driving open. Just great (except the engine problems). I will try to answer you other questions.

Well lets hope everything will be ok soon and you ll have a great time with your beauty

Quote:
    gnil said:
    Great looking car. Congratulations.
    What is the color? Basalt Black?
    What are the options?

You are right. The color is Basalt Black.

The options are:
    - ParkAssist
    - Automatically dimming mirrors
    - Sport Chrono Package
    - Sports Exhaust System
    - Wheel Caps with Colored Crest
    - Speed Control
    - Adaptive Sports Seats
    - Heated Seats
    - Leather interior
    - Porsche crest embossed on head restraints
    - Floor mats
    - Navigation module for PCM
    - BOSE Surround Sound System

Quote:
    SoCal Alan said:
    Do you like the exhaust sound better with PSE on or off?

I like it much better on. But sometimes you are not in the mood or the environment is not appropriate. For example in our basement garage the car is so loud, you hear such a rumbling, that the whole ground is trembling. I don't care, but my wife doesn't like that.

I will try to record the PSE on and off as soon as I have my car back.

Quote:
    SoCal Alan said:
    You mean as you're accelerating from stop to 100 km/h, you will first hear the nice sound of the PSE, and then at the cut-off at 50 km/h, a lower sound, and then at 80 km/h, you will hear the nice sound of the PSE again? That's gotta sound wierd.

It is weird. But it's true. It's not always changing exactly at 50 and 80, but about that.

Quote:
    Dilinger said:
    Tell me about the PSE sound in comparison with 996 if you ve heard it.

I will record the sound as soon as I have my car back.

Quote:
    Dilinger said:
    Also tell us your opinion, on the looks of the PSE,many of us are sceptical about these different diameter pipes, how do they look in person??

I think they look just great. They make a kind of a curve on the bottom side. And the bigger pipe has just the right size.

Quote:
    Dilinger said:
    And one more...what are all those hard tops in your dealer?
    Storaged from customers?

You are right. They are hardtops from customers. Most of the people did never use their hardtop. So they are storaging them for a lot of money. As you know now it's much better with the 997 today. The Cab comes without a hardtop, (would be about 3.300 Euro extra) but for the same Cab surcharge as before. That's a very self-confident pricing indeed.

Quote:
    elsie said:
    Where is that? Do you have any more pics showing the interior of the dealership?

You are right. It 's the 2nd floor of an older house. The dealer is in Zurich. I only have one small picture of their Porsche Showroom on the other side.

Quote:
    Seven said:
    Quote:
    SoCal Alan said:

It is weird. But it's true. It's not always changing exactly at 50 and 80, but about that.

I almost can't believe this is true. In MPH that would mean the cars sport exhaust is on till approx. 31MPH then off till approx. 49MPH then back on ? For my commute that MPH range where a good portion of distance is traveled.

So what happens when you're going along on the highway between 45mph and 55mph. The exhaust goes in and out modes between sport and non-sport ? That would have to be the worst possible spot for it to kick on and off.
    I think the sound of that would drive me insane. How could that be ? Must be something missing here.

super cool Seven!!

congrats, enjoy the black-blur...

<greetings from aspen>

i also think something is missing......

I'm beginning to really like the look of those PSE exhaust pipes, especially on a black 997S. If we can solve that cutoff issue, this will be a great option!

Hi Seven,

what is your experience with Porsche Riesbach? Heard a lot of crap about them from friends - guess not true... I decided to go with another dealer in Zuerich for some other reasons.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    780563 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442490 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263285 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261597 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85749 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5895 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881330 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    818596 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM