Crown

Board: Motor Sports Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: [2022] Formula 1

Joost:
    kudryavchik:

Sorry)) 

No worries mate 👍🏻

Smiley

CGX car nut:

You should petition the FIA to take over the race stewart role.  

Special paddock access for the RT crowd Smiley

CGX car nut:

You should petition the FIA to take over the race stewart role.  

Now why would I want to be someone else's employee and deal with politics?

I thought about running for mayor here, then I realized the moment I announced my plans for the city I would be assassinated by the cyclists. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Some people can't stand facts and argue with reasons and will resort to violence.

Nah, I very much enjoy my peaceful time.

--

You always have the answers on RT so it is only proper for you to provide your judgment to the sport.  

Isn’t that the whole purpose of a forum? Giving your opinion? 

--

997.2 4S / BMW 745e / Donkervoort GT 

There is a difference between opining and trying to be a sledgehammer.  

I wonder if I can get some of those 18” tires?  

There are some things that's subjective and response well to discussing and different opinions.

There are other things that are objective and based on rigid rules, so it's pointless to argue.

Masi was supposed to based his decisions on objective arguments, when the rules says this do that kind of things. he is supposed to be the neutral referee. He didn't remained neutral. he got swayed into making two mistakes, which cost him his job as F1's Race Director.

First one was believing Horner's 'Any doesn't mean all' argument. The rules were written in pretty clear language, either non of the lapped cars are allowed to pass any lapped cars are allowed to pass. Those between Verstappen and Sainz are part of the 'any' group which didn't get wave through. In the context of the rules Any means all. Now they fixed that wording to prevent such things from happening. 

The other one was listening to Horner harping about 'we just need one racing lap'. The rulebook gave the RD overriding authority for the use of the safety car, which means he can inform the clerk at any time to bring it out or bring it in. But the safety car itself carries it's own protocol, that the RD still has to follow.

It's like you have overriding authority to go home at any time of the day, but when you go home, you still have to open the door, you can't skip the opening the door part. 

The rule states the safety car can only come in a lap after all the lapped cars are waved through. Alternatively, if the lapped cars aren't waved through, he can bring in the safety car any time. But in order to please Horner, he only waved 5 cars between Hamilton and Verstappen though and also restart the race one lap early in order to give Horner the one lap he needed. FIA also clarified this part about the extra lap.

Masi broke those two rules in clear black and white terms. There is no ambiguity for subjective arguments. The only point remaining that's up for subjective arguments is whether Masi was trying to favour Red Bull, or he was just under too much pressure from all the radio traffic and forgot how to execute the rules properly. 

Personally, I don't think he is trying to favour Red Bull. Like I said, he probably had a OMFG what have I done moment after. 

--

CGX car nut:

+100500

Whoopsy, I agree, you should be the Steward. When you go tell us, we will stake all our money on ham ;-) 

kudryavchik:

Whoopsy, I agree, you should be the Steward. When you go tell us, we will stake all our money on ham ;-) 

I am sorry, but why HAM?

and why not Norris? Or Russell? Or Leclerc? Or Sainz?

Face it, Verstappen performed very well throughout the season, he deserved to be champion if not for a few mental lapses. As it happens Hamilton took advantage of those lapses and tied Verstappen going into the last race. And in that race Hamilton performed better than Verstappen. Verstappen needed some divine help in order to achieved his goal of being WDC 2021, and he got it from Masi. That's the simple version. Factual and true. There is no if, but, or what about there.

As it stands, Verstappen ended Hamilton's reign at the top in 2021. Now we in 2022 and see if Verstappen can win another to prove he is actually a worthy champion. I can see him win another to tie Alonso, or 3 to tie Lauda. Heck, if Red Bull got their car dialled in, I wouldn't be surprised if he wins the next 4 and tie Fangio to be a 5 times champion. 

--

Reality is that if the car is right in anybody can win a championship or a string of championships in F1, Vettel won 4 with RB precisely, but it was all Adrian Newey's merit.

In fact I never understood how some people tend to glorify some pilots just because they are winning the championships and saying that he is the best in the world, a class on it's own, best in recent history, bla, bla, bla when in fact all these multiple championship winners is mostly because of the difference in the car compared to it's competitors that allowed them to win and look good while doing it driving at one 8/10ths while others are at 11/10ths to try to keep up, and the championship wins would have been completely spread out between several drivers had their cars been similarly competitive. It's an interesting bias that forms to be sure but I guess it makes it more fun for some that way.

kudryavchik:
    CGX car nut:

+100500

Lol. Says the BLM sledgehammer. 

--

VET got covid - HULK will take over for him.

d997h:

VET got covid - HULK will take over for him.

So both the Hulk and K-Mag back... looking forward to that reunion!

--

Porsche, separates Le Mans from Le Boys

Carlos from Spain:

Reality is that if the car is right in anybody can win a championship or a string of championships in F1, Vettel won 4 with RB precisely, but it was all Adrian Newey's merit.

In fact I never understood how some people tend to glorify some pilots just because they are winning the championships and saying that he is the best in the world, a class on it's own, best in recent history, bla, bla, bla when in fact all these multiple championship winners is mostly because of the difference in the car compared to it's competitors that allowed them to win and look good while doing it driving at one 8/10ths while others are at 11/10ths to try to keep up, and the championship wins would have been completely spread out between several drivers had their cars been similarly competitive. It's an interesting bias that forms to be sure but I guess it makes it more fun for some that way.

Still need the talent to get the car home.

F1 was and is still a constructor championship first. They award money to the constructors' standing, not the drivers' standing. That's just secondary.

The best teams want the best drivers in order to deliver that championship to them, and the best drivers wanted to be with the best teams in order to be competitive.

--

spudgun:
    kudryavchik:
    CGX car nut:

+100500

Hi dear! Smiley We race as one (rainbow)

Carlos from Spain:

Here I agree with you! There were the Greatest personalities, who won much less. 

kudryavchik:
    spudgun:
    kudryavchik:
    CGX car nut:

+100500

Hi dear! Smiley We race as one (rainbow)

Such an unnecessary remark. 

I try to ignore his posts, but the threads where he posts turn it to shit very fast. Very annoying troll behavior.

--

spudgun:

I try to ignore his posts, but the threads where he posts turn it to shit very fast. Very annoying troll behavior.

The big question is always: ignore and let the troll spread his crap or contradict with arguments. A meaningful discussion never develops. A classic social media problem.

Very true. But in this case the troll even sent me DM's (with articles in Russian) to prove his point. Since then, I try to ignore his posts. Still annoying as ****.

--

Itsme:
    spudgun:

The big question is always: ignore and let the troll spread his crap or contradict with arguments. A meaningful discussion never develops. A classic social media problem.

Exactly 

spudgun:

Very true. But in this case the troll even sent me DM's (with articles in Russian) to prove his point. Since then, I try to ignore his posts. Still annoying as ****.

Ah, so I wasn't the only one getting unwanted DM.

--

indecision

5407.jpg

On topic. It seems we have to wait for 3-4 races to see the real potential of the current year cars. It is impossible to underestimate Mercedes. 

So, no surprises TBH. Red Bull and Ferrari starting strong. Not sure why so many people were saying Mercedes were sandbagging. They were clearly behind during testing and FPs. But I strongly believe they will get better in a the next 5 races or so.

I don't believe Ferrari will lead races very easily. Red Bull has alot of experience fighting for 1st/2nd places. Ferrari usually does alot of mistakes(strategy / pit stops) during the race.

Surprising result for Haas. That Ferrari engine is healthy.

Hulkenberg faster than Stroll, lol.

Hamilton faster than Russell as expected. Haters are mad!

Agree, Topspeed. 

However to be fair Ferrari and Haas pace were a wonder for me. I was expecting that large pantons concept will not work. 

Hulkenberg and Magnussen have made a brilliant job, I dont understand how these guys, very good pilots have lost their places.

Big dissapointment - Mclaren, they are lacking downforce clearly

Very good result for Ferrari, but let’s see how they are in a race. Max doing pretty well. Magnessen doing very well. 

btw started watching the.  Netflix show on Schumacher, quite wonderful actually 

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688075 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408501 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255461 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234685 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65314 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4632 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857416 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773075 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM