Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Tesla

Whoopsy is this close to driving up to a Tesla dealer and picking up a Model 3 just to prove his points 

I'm hesitant to step in the middle of this pissing match, but there was a story in the Wall Street Journal last week about used Tesla prices being higher than new.  That certainly doesn't point to much inventory.  Of course, it's possible Elon ships trainloads of defective Model 3s to Vancouver just to get under Whoopsy's skin.

In related other new car pricing, the $364k Turbo S at my dealer is now up to $500k.

They actually arrives on open air car transports. Passed plenty of those heading north on the I5 before.

EVs are actually taking off quite nicely here. With us being Tesla's biggest market per capita, it make sense for them to flood it with in stock cars so anyone that wants one can walk in and buy one, instead of losing sales to other brands. Yet consumers are still buying other stuff.

For other less important markets, they sell enough via the pre-order process, no need to put cars on lots. 

--

Whoopsy:

Why are you in denial? 

I'm going to go on a limb here and say that that is a rhetorical question? Smiley Smiley

Just dropping off this article on Tesla Model S exchanged for a Chrysler 300 article here: https://jalopnik.com/this-man-hated-his-tesla-model-s-so-much-he-traded-it-f-1848538260. It might rankle one or two.   

CGX car nut:

Just dropping off this article on Tesla Model S exchanged for a Chrysler 300 article here: https://jalopnik.com/this-man-hated-his-tesla-model-s-so-much-he-traded-it-f-1848538260. It might rankle one or two.   

Impossible, fake news, everybody knows every single Tesla customer is overjoyed with happiness... this is the way.

Seriously now, you know they is s problem when those owners that dare criticize Tesla need to hide their name in order to avoid online persecution and harassment from the Tesla fan cult, this is not there first time I see people hiding their name.

Carlos from Spain:
    CGX car nut:

Impossible, fake news, everybody knows every single Tesla customer is overjoyed with happiness... this is the way.

Seriously now, you know they is s problem when those owners that dare criticize Tesla need to hide their name in order to avoid online persecution and harassment from the Tesla fan cult, this is not there first time I see people hiding their name.

Not really. Proud you guys found ONE. An auto expert as shown by his new choice. 

Enmanuel:

Whoopsy is this close to driving up to a Tesla dealer and picking up a Model 3 just to prove his points 

You saw through me 

waiting for PDK:

I'm hesitant to step in the middle of this pissing match, but there was a story in the Wall Street Journal last week about used Tesla prices being higher than new.  That certainly doesn't point to much inventory.  Of course, it's possible Elon ships trainloads of defective Model 3s to Vancouver just to get under Whoopsy's skin.

In related other new car pricing, the $364k Turbo S at my dealer is now up to $500k.

You will get wet. Lol. 
    It seems we all need to go to Vancouver to get Teslas. 
    And yes, on KBB my car, after 34 k miles of s worth about $4k more than new.  Zero service costs so far and still on my original pilot sports.  It is a pretty decent car. Not many others I can think of which are mass produced and give such value. 

btw I would trade an old Model S as well. They drive like heavy boats. 

Leawood911:
    Carlos from Spain:
    CGX car nut:

Not really. Proud you guys found ONE. An auto expert as shown by his new choice. 

So it's just ONE in the world and it must be because he is stupid, got it, now the world makes sense to you again Smiley ... if only you could read yourself as an outside observer  Smiley

Carlos from Spain:
    Leawood911:
    Carlos from Spain:
    CGX car nut:

So it's just ONE in the world and it must be because he is stupid, got it, now the world makes sense to you again Smiley ... if only you could read yourself as an outside observer  Smiley

If I back down you would lose all the entertainment value. Trust me. 
    Can you imagine what the average civilian would think of our $2500 oil changes or watch discussions. Pretty much all the excesses on this forum.  My decision to own the Model3 is by far the most logical and economical/ practical decision of my life. Certainly most logical car buying choice. So if I sound like someone happy with my choice so be it.  Seems more positive and logical than to ponder why Tesla should make ICE cars to compete better.

Do you realize that all your comments focus on somehow shaming me into silence.  So far the percentage of Tesla owners who love their cars is a bit in my favor. 
    Cheers Carlos - I appreciate your comments. 

There are lots of people who love their Lada too.

--

Leawood911:
    Carlos from Spain:
    Leawood911:
    Carlos from Spain:
    CGX car nut:

If I back down you would lose all the entertainment value. Trust me. 
    Can you imagine what the average civilian would think of our $2500 oil changes or watch discussions. Pretty much all the excesses on this forum.  My decision to own the Model3 is by far the most logical and economical/ practical decision of my life. Certainly most logical car buying choice. So if I sound like someone happy with my choice so be it.  Seems more positive and logical than to ponder why Tesla should make ICE cars to compete better.

Do you realize that all your comments focus on somehow shaming me into silence.  So far the percentage of Tesla owners who love their cars is a bit in my favor. 
    Cheers Carlos - I appreciate your comments. 

Leawood, the thing is you don't sound like just a person happy with their choice, maybe in your head but that is not reality, there are many here happy with their car choices too if you can believe that and they don't act regarding their choices like you do regarding Tesla/Musk, even other Tesla owners in the forum.

No one is trying to 'shame' you into silence. 

We just trying to point out facts in the real world to you that one can't just blindly listen to Elon and what he claims. You see things from inside the bubble, we can see things around that bubble. 

Elon claims his Teslas are all sold out and have a wait list and whatnots, cool, but in the real world, they are sitting there looking pretty waiting to be bought here. 

Elon claims his cars will do so and so miles on a charge, meanwhile in the real world, numerous car testers, even hundreds of thousands of owners, struggle to get even close to the number he claimed and get rated for. All the while everything else in the segment beat their own ratings. 

There are numerous examples we had pointed out, it's not to 'shame' you, but to let you know don't blindly believe everything you were told by him. Just like we here also don't blindly believe everything Oliver Blume says about Porsche. 

Perhaps it's peer pressure from the Tesla community that wanted to shame you instead, for not believing Elon. 

Ever think of it that way?

You love your Model 3, cool, you super happy with your purchase, super cool. You may think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread, even cooler, but we live in a free world and not everyone will agree with your thinking. Just like how I bought a pink Taycan, I think it's a cool colour, but I also know not everyone will think that way and it's completely alright with me. Someone else love their diarrhea green cars too. Just saying. 

--

The problem of having the hottest car in the neighborhood. https://insideevs.com/news/569443/tesla-state-farm-negligence-lawsuit/

CGX car nut:

The problem of having the hottest car in the neighborhood. https://insideevs.com/news/569443/tesla-state-farm-negligence-lawsuit/

Too irresistible. Thanks for agreeing it is the hottest car. 
    some facts from the story 

EVs are far less likely to cause fires - even house fires 

The actual cause is not determined - I wonder if you will follow up once the cause is determined?

Lastly - why not check out the GM Bolt fire issues. GM is our dear leader in EV technology according to our hilarious government.  Spoiler alert - they are all sitting in repair shops waiting for batteries that allow them to be parked indoors. 
    https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/general-motors/2021/09/11/chevy-bolt-recall-battery-fire-risk/5683333001/

Just pretend it is a Tesla story and not a GM or Taycan charging story. 

I think I could do a better job posting Tesla hit jobs here. 
    try again though

cheers. 
    1,2,3 Carlos…. 

I rarely post positive Tesla stuff but this was too funny. Tempted to post this in the Ferrari SUV thread but that would get me too much hate mail. Lol. 
    https://youtu.be/U-mku8PiC_g

half the price… seats 6. 

Boxster Coupe GTS:

During the next year, it may become evident to the financial markets that TesIa allegedly has a limited demand issue (i.e. not supply constrained) and equity analysts will be forced to ask more telling questions about - inter alia - those end of quarter fleet sales, inventory levels, secondary price fixing, lease accounting, regulatory risk, executive compensation, accounts receivable, horrific build quality, lack of customer service, increasing competition, HR issues, over-reliance on carbon credits, SEC investigation of solar panel defects, public equity market manipulation through gamma squeeze via short-term options traded by related-parties, limited useful life of product and inevitable redundancy, declining customer retention, along with the significant reputational risk that would follow if a regulatory ban on the flawed (and dangerous) FSD technology resulted in mandatory customer refunds, company accounts having to be re-stated and executive compensation clawed back, with an inevitable clear out of the board, auditor resignation and class-action lawsuits from shareholders and customers, further weighing on the share price...  Smiley ...in which case a few people (loyal fans included) might be a just a little disappointed!  Smiley

“SEC probes Elon Musk, brother Kimbal over Tesla share sales - WSJ”

(24 February 2022)

Reuters - The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission is investigating whether recent stock sales by Tesla Inc Chief Executive Elon Musk and his brother Kimbal Musk "violated insider trading rules", the Wall Street Journal reported on Thursday, citing people familiar with the matter.

According to the report, the investigation began last year after Kimbal sold shares of the electric carmaker valued at $108 million, a day before Musk polled Twitter users asking whether he should offload 10% of his stake in Tesla.

The SEC issued a subpoena on Nov. 16, ten days after Musk's poll, seeking information related to some financial data.

The potential probe would escalate Musk's battle with regulators as they scrutinize his social media posts and Tesla's treatment of workers, including accusations of discrimination.

Last week, Tesla and Musk accused the SEC of harassing them with an "endless" and "unrelenting" investigation to punish Musk for being an outspoken critic of the government. read more 

Elon Musk's share sales in November were automatically executed according to a trading plan he had created on Sept. 14, showed a filing disclosing share sales, including stock options that were supposed to expire in 2022.

The SEC sued Musk in August 2018 after he tweeted he had "funding secured" to potentially take his electric car company private at $420 per share. In reality, a buyout was not close.

Tesla's shares were up about 1% in late-afternoon trading, paring losses amid a broader stock market rout.

The stock has fallen about 33% since Musk began selling billions of dollars worth of shares on Nov. 8, few days after the poll where 58% of voters asked him to sell. read more 

Tesla and Kimbal Musk did not immediately respond to Reuters' requests for comment. A spokesperson for the SEC declined to comment.

Link: https://www.reuters.com/business/us-regulator-probes-tesla-after-elon-musks-share-sales-wsj-2022-02-24/

Yes SEC harassment. Thanks for posting. 

When did investigating a potential crime became harassment?

--

Whoopsy:

When did investigating a potential crime became harassment?

Perhaps review the history between Elon and the SEC. 
    not a stretch given the IRS has also been proven to do the same based on politics. 

Update on the BBS wheels - finally mounted some new Michelin tires after coming far too close to losing it having fun with the old P zeros.  The cars handling is fantastic!!!  So happy with it. Feels like my 997S in terms of mass. Really surprised by the change in character.  Again - a million thanks Whoopsy! 

And perhaps you might want to find out more details before claiming witch-hunt.

Kimbal is an officer for Tesla. Under security laws he is required to file trades operations well in advance. And they are barred from trading under insider information. 

When he sold Tesla shares on Nov 5th, a day before Elon announced what he planned to do, Kimbal didn't not advance file the trade plan. 

That's one rule broken. At least he 'remembered' to fill in a Form 4 for SEC. 

And if he sold shares because Elon told his brother what he planned to do, then a second rule is broken for trading on insider material information. 

These are simply security rules that Elon and Kimbal failed to adhere to, yet every other officers for listed companies obeyed. 

Just because he is the richest person and his brother is the brother to the richest person doesn't mean they can ignore established rules.

If Elon wants the SEC off his case, don't break the rules. 

--

TesIa chair Robyn Denholm may allegedly also have an SEC issue with possible insider trading...  C7BEAB03-A272-4B0C-AF73-D01AEAA5AA36.gif

This aspect of long range mileage hadn't occurred to me.

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-elon-musk-too-much-electric-vehicle-range-no-sense/

--

The purpose of life is to enjoy the moment.

nberry:

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-elon-musk-too-much-electric-vehicle-range-no-sense/

I have been saying that, any modern EV's range is good enough. Heck, anything more than ~250 miles is a waste.

With 3 EVs and 3 hybrids I think I know. 

Range on any modern EVs are good enough. It's the infrastructure that's lacking. There just isn't enough public chargers and charging speed isn't quick enough.

Just imagine every gas station you see have a few high speed chargers that can fill up in ~same time as filling a car with gas. 

In that scenario, even my hybrids with 'only' 40km range is good enough. I drain the battery, and a couple mins it's back up to full for another 40km. 

Why carry extra battery weight to go 3-400miles? Chop that down to 200-250miles. Instant 6-700lb weight savings. Lighter cars means they are more efficient and can go farther for the same battery size, that means the weight can be chopped down again. 

There is no downside to expanding the infrastructure. Not everyone can have their own home charging, majority of the population actually don't. They are waiting for infrastructure to catch up before buying a EV.

--

nberry:

Like 90 liter vs 64 liter petrol tank in the RS indecision Luckily Porsche put textile door opening straps, a vinyl hood crest decal and a plastic rear window to combat the extra 18.5kg weight with a full tank smiley

Batteries will get lighter.

--

The purpose of life is to enjoy the moment.

One wouldn’t know this from his rabid fan base.  https://twitter.com/peterdiamandis/status/1500213833570394112?s=21

CGX car nut:

One wouldn’t know this from his rabid fan base.  https://twitter.com/peterdiamandis/status/1500213833570394112?s=21

Getting tired of this rabid fan base BS. It is simply a very good car which others can not match at this time. Get over it and figure out who the real problem are. Elon is not a threat. 

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/16/24 3:13 PM
    watt
    754333 1797
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    431232 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258783 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255718 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79733 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5262 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868706 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    802505 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM