Crown

Board: Porsche - Boxster Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: May Day Weekend Meet?

Count me in for at least one seat - OPC called today and my 987 should be ready to collect by Thursday next week.

Quote:
    CharlesL said:
    Count me in for at least one seat - OPC called today and my 987 should be ready to collect by Thursday next week.

That's great news Look forward to seeing you there.

Quote:
    CharlesL said:

Superb news - we'll sure like to help you get some more miles of the break-in period done. I'm probably at Porsche bournemouth on Sat - shall I get you some piccies of your car?! Just to tease you!!!

So, how many for lunch? I best get some more seats at the table....

Quote:
    Rich C (UK) said:
    I'm probably at Porsche bournemouth on Sat - shall I get you some piccies of your car?! Just to tease you!!!

So, how many for lunch? I best get some more seats at the table....

That would be a good trick - mine should be in Reading! Living between Winchester and Alton, the choices were really between Reading or Guildford, and I work near Reading, so that why (hopefully) it won't be in Bournemouth.

On the lunch front, at present its one only - other half is not sure she wants to be bored witless by a load of petrolheads droning on about their new toys! She may have a point - but I won't admit it . On the other hand if it is a nice sunny day she may change her mind.

Quote:
    CharlesL said:
    On the lunch front, at present its one only - other half is not sure she wants to be bored witless by a load of petrolheads droning on about their new toys! She may have a point - but I won't admit it . On the other hand if it is a nice sunny day she may change her mind.

My wife was similarly concerned. I noticed at the Porsche Owners Club (I've just joined) wives go along and huddle together talking about the price of cabbages, knitting patterns, colours for bedroom walls etc whilst we talk about Optimax and the relative merits of PASM in seal grey and xenon powered GPS parking assist devices. My wife is coming along and I am sure she would welcome a non petrol-head to chin-wag with.

So you're saying I need to read up on bedroom outfits? *panic*
    No excuses guys.. bring the girls with you.. they'll love it if the weather is nice, I bet.

Oh ar$e! Just been informed by dealer that the car will probably be delayed (i.e. not here for the meet) due to strike action at Emden... can anyone corroborate this?

Come along anyway, you'll still be welcome.

Quote:
    dreamcar said:
    Come along anyway, you'll still be welcome.

Aww.. thanks!

You can all swoon over the stylish lines of my 1.6 Golf instead

If you feel insecure I'll bring our Kia Picanto, if you like. After all, it is cobalt blue and has an MP3 player as standard Unlike the PCM in my Boxster.

Quote:
    dreamcar said:Unlike the PCM in my Boxster.

Does the PCM in your Boxster not play MP3 then?
    I'd complain if I were you...

Perhaps we could have an alternate meet at some point.

My other car is a .....!

In the meantime instructions for this weekend should be published sometime tomorrow...

Quote:
    wtsnet said:
    Does the PCM in your Boxster not play MP3 then?
    I'd complain if I were you...

It's amazing how quick you can go off people that you haven't even met, isn't it? Just remember that until you take delivery of your Boxster you can only be considered an associate member

Imagine it's raining cats and dogs so we all fear for our Boxsters and bring our other cars instead (<- Skoda), standing in the rain with a Guinness in our hands swooning over our Porsches, to the puzzlement of any onlookers.

Quote:
    Ente said:
    Imagine it's raining cats and dogs so we all fear for our Boxsters and bring our other cars instead (<- Skoda), standing in the rain with a Guinness in our hands swooning over our Porsches, to the puzzlement of any onlookers.

I'd bring it whatever the weather! I've got a hardtop to protect me from those nasty vicious raindrops.
    I'm sure we'll all get odd stares, Boxsters or no-Boxsters. I think we should all wear bunny ears so we can identify each other...

Quote:
    Dreamcar said:
    associate member

So you're not going to teach me the secret hand-shake until my car is here? No fair!

Plan of attack..

OK all, spent some time staring at my Pounds1.99 AA special map (reduced from Pounds15.99 so they say!) and a bit of buzzing around and have formulated a plan for Sun...

Meet 12:45 at Popham Services (Westbound) at the M3 end of the A303.
    For those of you approaching from the North on the M3 come off at Jn 8 onto the A303, the services are about 1 mile further on. (Note there has been a camera in the roadworks a couple of times recently)

For those of you approaching from the Sounth on the M3 you can't come off at Jn8 so go onto Jn7 (about 500meters) and go right around the roundabout to rejoin M3 southbound and then follow directions as above. Alternatively leave the M3 at Jn 9 (a34) follow A34 Northbound until Jn with A303 and follow A303 as below.

For those coming A303 eastbound pass the Popham Airfield and services and come off at the slip roadshortly afterwards (sp A30 Basingstoke/Cremetorium), then swing back under the A303 to join westbound. Services then about 500m.

OK, once we've all met up we've got a nice cross country drive, mix of twisties and Roman Roads around a few villages to the MaltHouse Inn just outside Romsey (table booked for 2pm)

After lunch and all that talk of bathroom colour schemes (we've just painted our Aubergine which might prove as much of a discussion point as to whether to go with PASM or not!) I have a couple of routes planned that we can decide upon depending what the weathers looking like, how far people want to go, and if we're all still talking to each other - the commonality between them all being they have some great driving roads and a historic/photogenic destination.

So far I've got signed up..
    Me + 1
    Dreamcar + 1
    Ente + 1
    CharlesL (have you talked your better half into it yet?)

Anyone else want to join us... currently the weather forecast for this neck of the woods is looking pretty good...

Re: Plan of attack..

I'll probably join you at the pub at 2pm. It'll either be just me (most likely) or me +1 or +2.

Not looking good for getting my car by then, so I won't join you for the spirited drive!

Quote:
    wtsnet said:
    I'll probably join you at the pub at 2pm. It'll either be just me (most likely) or me +1 or +2.

Not looking good for getting my car by then, so I won't join you for the spirited drive!

Be great to meet you, whatever the car situation.

Do you want me to add some seats to the table booking? DO you want directions for the pub?

Quote:
    Rich C (UK) said:
    Be great to meet you, whatever the car situation.

DO you want directions for the pub?

Likewise! You never know, the car MIGHT turn up, but don't hold your breath. Shame, as I'd love to hear what you folks think, and take some photos and stuff... Never mind, eh?

I'll be OK for finding the pub cheers Rich. Meet you there at 2pm then! If you give me a call when you get close, I can get the first round in

Sorry for the delayed reaction but been kinda busy. I got the same Emden story - turns out the French dockers had some action over the weekend which backed up ships in Sheerness, which in turn meant the ship from Emden with our cars couldn't get into Sheerness (sounds like Porsche are getting almost as creative as BA with the delay excuses!).

Anyway after much whining, mine should be at OPC Reading this afternoon - just about to go and check - and they promised me pick up at 2pm tomorrow. So with many fingers crossed I will be able to come along as a full member, albeit with only about 75 miles on the clock, so I will be treating it fairly gently.

See you on the A303.

Quote:
    CharlesL said:
    Sorry for the delayed reaction but been kinda busy. I got the same Emden story - turns out the French dockers had some action over the weekend which backed up ships in Sheerness, which in turn meant the ship from Emden with our cars couldn't get into Sheerness (sounds like Porsche are getting almost as creative as BA with the delay excuses!).

Anyway after much whining, mine should be at OPC Reading this afternoon - just about to go and check - and they promised me pick up at 2pm tomorrow. So with many fingers crossed I will be able to come along as a full member, albeit with only about 75 miles on the clock, so I will be treating it fairly gently.

See you on the A303.

I'll have my fingers crossed for you too.....

Wow good luck CharlesL! That's not so bad news after all, considering the strike.

Wtsnet, think you want to do the polite whine thing for a bit with your OPC as well to boost the delivery chances?

No fair! Popped into my OPC this afternoon, and established that it was ONVESSL yesterday, so should be sitting on the dock side on the right side of the channel, but not sure which side of customs... But that's all I know.

Maybe I should have installed a tracker!

Got to laugh, haven't you? So I'll still be associate member on Monday I reckon. Unless by some miracle the car turns up tomorrow.

Quote:
    CharlesL said:

See you on the A303.

Best of luck, Charles and hope your car is ready for you tomorrow. Enjoy the collection experience and look forward to meeting you on Sunday. Hope you are going to bring 'er indoors to keep She Who Must Be Obeyed from being bored.

Its there and was being worked on! 16.5 hours to go!

She who must be obeyed is gracing us with her presence so its 2 for lunch please!

See you there.

OK, table's for 8 of us now (they had to do some rearranging). Anymore? If so we may need to spread to another table.

I'll PM you guys tomorrow am with my mobile number, just incase you're running late etc. Now I'm feeling the pressure as your hostest with the mostest....

You're doing a grand job that man. I must not forget the camera.

Quote:
    dreamcar said:
    You're doing a grand job that man. I must not forget the camera.

Thanks - but it's not me, it's the rabbit!!!
    <<-----

You don't let the wabbit drive though do you?

Re: POLICE CRACKDOWN ON SPEEDING

Not that any of us would drive irresponsibly of course, but be aware the police are carrying out a crackdown on speed (bikers - but I am sure they won't ignore motorists). Roads targeted include the A3057 Romsey - Stockbridge Road (where the Malthouse Inn is located) the A32 through the Meon Valley and the A272 near Winchester. Be careful

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    764101 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    436373 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260976 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257911 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    82612 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5325 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

876733 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    808766 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM