Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Anyone have experience with the latest RS6?

Dealer has a nice '21 RS6 for sale.  Considering it for my next daily.  I still miss my old S4 Avant as I love wagons.  Any downsides to the RS6 other than $$$ and weight?

rs6 side.jpg

Re: Anyone have experience with the latest RS6?

mine has now 35k km and hands down for me this is the best car ive ever owned. Compfortable enough with the optional steel suspension, performance is imho very good for a daily, the 4 wheel steering helps with parking and does it own to the agility of the car.

Thanks hunterone!  Going to look at it tomorrow.

My experience with the RS6 consists of wiping off a bit of drool every time I see one in person. 

Enmanuel:

My experience with the RS6 consists of wiping off a bit of drool every time I see one in person. 

Ha ha, same my only experience with them so far as well.

I don’t know one owner that is not happy with his RS6. A perfect DD. 
    You need to go for a test drive. 

I can't get over its looks, it's too OTT for an estate in my view. The previous generation mastered that blend between muscle/subtlety perfectly. Dynamically I find the E63S more interesting, more agile/rear driven in feel, but then again I'm biased.7A05222E-4A71-4EC2-B6F0-CA70912DB664.jpeg.2acf30c191505f800806ef2369f1653a.jpeg

--

1988 Peugeot 205 Rallye / 2004 Porsche 996 GT3 RS  / 2018 Mercedes-AMG E63 S / 2020 Ferrari 812SF

I agree on the E63S looks.  It is a better Q car for sure, none for sale anywhere near me unfortunately.  The RS6 is definitely more on the aggressive side looks wise.  I do like it though.  Went for a test drive and really enjoyed the car.  Nice handling and decent sound, not too obnoxious but a nice bassy noise.  Still a little farty sounding that Audi seems to love.  Comfortable cruiser which is surprising after some of my other experiences with RS products being crashy suspension wise.  Even in RS mode the suspension isn't too stiff.  The big question is do I get it, I'm thinking yes, but do I get rid of the GT3 already?  They've offered me an obscene amount over what I paid for the car...doing the deal through my Porsche dealership so wouldn't impact my standing for an RS allocation.

IMG_E8614.JPG

lexs4:

Dealer has a nice '21 RS6 for sale.  Considering it for my next daily.  I still miss my old S4 Avant as I love wagons.  Any downsides to the RS6 other than $$$ and weight?

I have only heard good things about the RS6 although it is not my taste. I have friends that had several issues with regular A6 C8 and even a befriended sales guy mentioned that every customer he had came back with an issue. It looks though that they have improved over time and since the RS6 came out later has less of these issues.

That particular car looks as if it has been lowered and uses spacers. 

Porker:

I can't get over its looks, it's too OTT for an estate in my view. The previous generation mastered that blend between muscle/subtlety perfectly. Dynamically I find the E63S more interesting, more agile/rear driven in feel, but then again I'm biased.

Thank you, I have the exact same impression. I do prefer the previous RS6 for the exact same reasons.

The E63 has the only downside of having a harsher ride, I would say.

Ferdie:
    Porker:

I can't get over its looks, it's too OTT for an estate in my view. The previous generation mastered that blend between muscle/subtlety perfectly. Dynamically I find the E63S more interesting, more agile/rear driven in feel, but then again I'm biased.

Thank you, I have the exact same impression. I do prefer the previous RS6 for the exact same reasons.

The E63 has the only downside of having a harsher ride, I would say.

Indeed it is really harsh, although the facelift solves that apparently.

Interior beginning to show its age too.

--

1988 Peugeot 205 Rallye / 2004 Porsche 996 GT3 RS  / 2018 Mercedes-AMG E63 S / 2020 Ferrari 812SF

If you’re considering this, why not go all the way and get an SUV?yes

--

The purpose of life is to enjoy the moment.

nberry:

He wants the performance of a sports car in a family car. Smiley I get it.

SUVs are great and some high performance SUVs are fun to drive at the limit (challenging) but they are no sports cars, even the best ones like the Urus or the new Cayenne Turbo GT.

Right now, I would probably get the M5 CS as a family car. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), BMW Z4 M40i (2022), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)

Ferdie:
    lexs4:

I have only heard good things about the RS6 although it is not my taste. I have friends that had several issues with regular A6 C8 and even a befriended sales guy mentioned that every customer he had came back with an issue. It looks though that they have improved over time and since the RS6 came out later has less of these issues.

That particular car looks as if it has been lowered and uses spacers. 

Thanks for the insight.  I have had issues with some of my past Audi's one was even bought back, became good friends with the service tech at the dealership.  He mentioned they haven't seen any issues with the latest RS6s they've sold as of yet.

Car's been lowered, I'll actually probably raise it back up to normal ride height.  Spacers may stay, not sure, typically not a fan of them.

RC:
    nberry:

He wants the performance of a sports car in a family car. Smiley I get it.

SUVs are great and some high performance SUVs are fun to drive at the limit (challenging) but they are no sports cars, even the best ones like the Urus or the new Cayenne Turbo GT.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), BMW Z4 M40i (2022), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)

Precisely, I have a Macan today as my daily and it's perfectly adequate at the job.  Just rather boring, the RS6 offers a little more fun factor being a wagon vs SUV.  Plus I just personally have always preferred wagons to SUVs.

Styling is subjective but most of the wagons today including the R6R look like a hearse converted to a family sedan.indecision I would get a Taycan. It drives like a sedan and performs like a sport car.

--

The purpose of life is to enjoy the moment.

nberry:

Styling is subjective but most of the wagons today including the R6R look like a hearse converted to a family sedan.indecision I would get a Taycan. It drives like a sedan and performs like a sport car.

Maybe the next DD will be an electric car, but at the moment I often have to drive 400 miles in a day and no electric car can do that where I need to drive.  There aren't many charging stations in rural KY...And I would get a Cross Turismo Smiley

RC:
    nberry:

--

I would too, if only it came as a stationwagon. Smiley

--

Dealership accepted my offer so unless something crazy happens taking the car.  Looking forward to probably the last ICE daily I’ll get.

Congrats, It's going to look great next to the GT3! Wonder what drink fits for the celebration, maybe an Aviation cocktail? 

lexs4:

Dealership accepted my offer so unless something crazy happens taking the car.  Looking forward to probably the last ICE daily I’ll get.

Cool, curious about your ownership experience. Smiley 

Does the car have the air or sport suspension?

Ferdie:
    lexs4:

I'll definitely post more here about my experience.  Hopefully a good one...

Car just has the standard air suspension.

@Enmanuel - great choice of cocktails!  Haven't made an aviation in a while Smiley

lexs4:
    Ferdie:

The car still has warranty, so it should be fine. Guess, the car is accident-free?

In that case, the ride height can be adjusted via the Audi diagnostic tool. At least, that was the case on the previous model and I am fairly certain that it is the same on the current one. So should you want to change the height, ask them to do it before delivery.

Smiley

Ferdie:
    lexs4:
    Ferdie:

The car still has warranty, so it should be fine. Guess, the car is accident-free?

In that case, the ride height can be adjusted via the Audi diagnostic tool. At least, that was the case on the previous model and I am fairly certain that it is the same on the current one. So should you want to change the height, ask them to do it before delivery.

Smiley

Yes accident free and still under warranty.  Good call on asking them to reset the ride height!

Picked up, easy drive home.  Should be a good DD.

IMG_E8632 no plate.JPG

Congrats! You obviously kept the ride height and the GT3. 

indecision

Big Congrats.

hunterone:

Big Congrats.

Thanks!  And yes @Ferdie kept the ride height for now.  Ride is compliant enough, we will see if it stays that way Smiley

Perfect combo, lexs, you lucky boy devil

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.

991 GT3.2 pick up April/May 2018. ( Hairy Chest Spec ).

Vauxhall Zafira 1.6 Exclusive pick up June 2013. ( Shit Box )

Rennteam Hairy Chest Advisor.

congrats

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688126 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408523 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255466 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234688 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65316 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4632 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857424 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773096 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM