Crown

Board: Motor Sports Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: [2022] Formula 1

Enmanuel:

We need a native rolling eyes emoji and a native popcorn emoji. 

Rennteam has an outdated collection of emojis, true))

thuggy:

Hi, how are you?Smiley

Maybe accounting and audit work differently in Russia? Smiley

But... I think I've reached as far as Im going to let a day job seep into a discussion forum for fun.  Smiley

Fine, thank you! And you?)

Of course a bit different;-) but tsss, I didnt tell you about it;)

On dependable entity - same everywhere. Any public enterprise can have unlimited amount of 49,9% entites and do wharever they want. Simply pay taxes, no public opening. (Important! Not subsidiaries;) subsidiaries, daughters are have to be opened, if they are under public)

kudryavchik:
    Enmanuel:

We need a native rolling eyes emoji and a native popcorn emoji. 

Rennteam has an outdated collection of emojis, true))

Is that what I said?

Smiley

Dont worry, i didnt steal your great idea, I simply agreed with you))  🍿

thuggy:

Hi, how are you?Smiley

But... I think I've reached as far as Im going to let a day job seep into a discussion forum for fun.  Smiley

He simply doesn't understand how money trail works, or how accountants go about their auditing. Money doesn't just disappeared into a black hole on the company books, or money materialize out of thin air. Every dime has to come from somewhere and goes into another place. He thinks it's easy to hide money from reading all those news stories about accounting fraud. 🤷🏻‍♂️

He had too many conspiracy theories going in his head. 

--

Whoopsy:
    thuggy:

Hi, how are you?Smiley

He simply doesn't understand how money trail works, or how accountants go about their auditing. Money doesn't just disappeared into a black hole on the company books, or money materialize out of thin air. Every dime has to come from somewhere and goes into another place. He thinks it's easy to hide money from reading all those news stories about accounting fraud. 🤷🏻‍♂️

He had too many conspiracy theories going in his head. 

Wow! Whoopsy, once again the case from previous topic where you write for me the things I has not written. Smiley 

And you repeating yourself, conspiracy conspiracy, maybe you will find some new ideas?)

P.s. dont be so angry, you take all the discussion very close to yourself. After the f1 engineer downloaded the new car datasheet to his flash drive to calculate the cfd model at home - your words not mine, he go the next result;) lets discuss the high and low pressure zonesSmiley

2qxgN_b0DiuNVMHNk2iUrOCRXCzsbNosVaIjOTH2A40.jpg

kudryavchik:

... After the f1 engineer downloaded the new car datasheet to his flash drive to calculate the cfd model at home - your words not mine, he go the next result;) lets discuss the high and low pressure zonesSmiley

That's not what he said, quite the opposite actually. He remarked that an engineer doesn't need the whole model of the car to test small variations of specific pieces, like a single endplate.  

Enmanuel:
    kudryavchik:

... After the f1 engineer downloaded the new car datasheet to his flash drive to calculate the cfd model at home - your words not mine, he go the next result;) lets discuss the high and low pressure zonesSmiley

That's not what he said, quite the opposite actually. He remarked that an engineer doesn't need the whole model of the car to test small variations of specific pieces, like a single endplate.  

Thank you Enmanuel. At least someone was reading what's written properly.

There are some people, no matter how plain the English is, just doesn't get it. One reason I am not doing 2022 analysis.

--

Whoopsy:
    Enmanuel:
    kudryavchik:

Thank you Enmanuel. At least someone was reading what's written properly.

There are some people, no matter how plain the English is, just doesn't get it. One reason I am not doing 2022 analysis.

Sorry, you are right! I am a bit tired after the working day, so I have forgotten.

Whoopsy, sorry, that I citated your message wrong. 

Here is the endplate

Снимок экрана 2022-01-26 в 23.45.51.png

"One reason I am not doing 2022 analysis" it is a great loss Whoopsy, global scale. But I hope very much you will change your mind and put some words, I ll wait. Especially I love onboard analysis, it gave me the possibility to understand and differentiate the driving style of different pilots. I change all my plans to study to live without your analysis. Please come backSmiley

From december 2020, before cost cap intro (cost cap first season was 2021, yes?) Ineos has taken the 33% share of merc f1 team. So the structure now is the next- 33% daimler, 33% toto, 33% ineos. Forget about budget monitoring. If previously daimler had to reflect f1 team data, it was mandatory due to 60% share. Now, i believe it is not a case because of the status change. 3 players with same share.

Also budget cap has too much aspects it doesnt cover. F.e. under the budget cap I can buy a wind tunnel for 1 billion usd, but the budget cap only limits my operational expenses, not capital.

Guys, you will see, all these caps and limitations are bs. If you have money and want to spend to win, you will spend and nobody will tell you anything.

By the time the season starts this thread will be abandoned I'm afraid. angry

--

1988 Peugeot 205 Rallye / 2004 Porsche 996 GT3 RS  / 2018 Mercedes-AMG E63 S / 2020 Ferrari 812SF

+1

wonder why....

--

997.2 4S / BMW 745e / Donkervoort GT 

Yep, its dull and too fanatic. Le Mans thread is better

kudryavchik:

Yep, its dull and too fanatic. Le Mans thread is better

oh, the irony. 

Irony is to download the cad/cae model of f1 car (or its part) and calculate it at home. Thats really funny, considering the security level in f1 teams. Also I dont see the problem or the matter to conflict. One say one opinion, one say another, must admit without going into personalities, so 🤷

The existential crisises is not my field of interest, so I cant help there.

spudgun:

+1

wonder why....

Reminds me a bit of the thread where science and critical thinking goes to die, otherwise known as the coronavirus thread...

Carlos from Spain:
    spudgun:

+1

wonder why....

Reminds me a bit of the thread where science and critical thinking goes to die, otherwise known as the coronavirus thread...

Fully agree. Making calculations from the official data available (I even considered to go through the poisson digit distribution, but understood it is useless), or here - giving the f.e. the share of team ownership, meaning its not public. Or giving the details what is included in cost cap and what is not. Nothing works. We fully believe every word the team principals say, if you have different opinion - you are naive or lunatic theories believer.Smiley I had previously made some scientific work, publishing in quartile journos and in one of the best russian scientific magazines (where our best scientist and functioners publish - like the leaders of national bank and the best economists), it was easier for me to go through the commission reviews there than to prove something hereSmiley

Smiley

thuggy:

Smiley

Smiley

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/fia-admits-that-masis-f1-job-could-be-under-threat/7682019/

Bayer also pointed out that had Mercedes pursue its appeal, the outcome of the race might have changed, but not that of the world championship, as Verstappen was ahead prior to Abu Dhabi.

"I think the judges would have said it's different in the regulations, he made that decision, so we could just annul the result. But even then - if it was annulled - Max Verstappen would have been world champion."

Called that last year. At most the they can only de-certify the race result at Abu Dhabi. Damage had been done by Masi and there is nothing in the rulebook to reverse that. There is no provisions in the rulebook to account for a rogue Race Director.

There was nothing more to gain had Mercedes continue the appeal, other than giving the FIA a bigger black eye. But as it stands, they already got that and the 2021 season is now forever known as a farce, and an embarrassment to the FIA. In the process, they also tarnished Verstappen's first WDC title. 

--

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/honda-set-to-extend-direct-red-bull-supply-to-2025/7677145/

Slick maneuvering by Red Bull. 

Now that they know there will be concessions given to new engine manufacturers coming into F1 in 2026, they have convinced Honda to 'stay' for a few more years, to ensure they get the benefits as a 'new' manufacturer.

Complicated deal as Honda has already officially 'left' F1, but the old F1 chief Yamamoto has left Honda to setup his 'own' company to work between Honda and Red Bull, thus Red Bull the team will still be at arm's length with the Red Bull engine side, so not quite 'factory' effort, like at Mercedes, Ferrari or Renault/Alpine.

End result is that Red Bull will stayed as a privateer team for a few more years.

Marko and Horner definitely qualified to be politicians. 

Wonder what the engines will be branded as? Blue Bull Balls?Smiley
    --

Whoopsy:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/honda-set-to-extend-direct-red-bull-supply-to-2025/7677145/

Now that they know there will be concessions given to new engine manufacturers coming into F1 in 2026, they have convinced Honda to 'stay' for a few more years, to ensure they get the benefits as a 'new' manufacturer.

Complicated deal as Honda has already officially 'left' F1, but the old F1 chief Yamamoto has left Honda to setup his 'own' company to work between Honda and Red Bull, thus Red Bull the team will still be at arm's length with the Red Bull engine side, so not quite 'factory' effort, like at Mercedes, Ferrari or Renault/Alpine.

End result is that Red Bull will stayed as a privateer team for a few more years.

--

The concessions for new engine manufacturers have not been finalized yet as mentioned in article, as you know Mercedes, Ferrari and Alpine won’t stand for RedBull and Honda manipulating rules too much as they were already weary of Audi and Porsche being given too much of leg up stepping right into a RedBull engine program JV and still being considered new. 

Whoopsy:

--

Spot on as usual Smiley

--

There is no try. Just do.

thuggy:
    Whoopsy:

--

The concessions for new engine manufacturers have not been finalized yet as mentioned in article, as you know Mercedes, Ferrari and Alpine won’t stand for RedBull and Honda manipulating rules too much as they were already weary of Audi and Porsche being given too much of leg up stepping right into a RedBull engine program JV and still being considered new. 

EVERYONE knows Red Bull won't be a 'new' team in that regards, but they have positioned themselves perfectly to be considered 'new' like VAG. Marko and Horner has out flanked everyone else. 

They are the biggest player in the sport, with 2 'separate' teams, they do have the loudest voice........See no farther than how Horner had pressured Masi into making an not-by-the-book decision at Abu Dhabi.

--

So, I met an old friend for drinks earlier. He is a diehard NFL fan. American Football all the way, because of COVID, he start watching other sports on TV last year, one of them Formula 1.

He knew I am a racing fan, so we start talking about the 2021 season. He was like did you see how Hamilton put Max in the hospital? And didn't get any meaningful penalties? And also talked about how Max beat Hamilton on the last lap on the last race?

I was like, yes, I watched everything, real time.

He was like YEAH! Max won. He is the future, beating the old stuck up Hamilton.

So I start explaining things about it in American Football terms. In Silverstone, the collision between Hamilton and Max is like rouging the passer rule, automatic 1st down and 15 yards penalty. Doesn't matter if the QB needed to go to hospital to get checked out or if he is out 20 weeks with a concussion. Rules are clear about the penalty being assessed for the incident and not the resulting injury. He got it. He was like cool. He understands more. It's about how the contact was made, but not the resulting injuries or whatnots.

And on the last race, Abu Dhabi. The restart. He was like yeah, that was great for Max, he is primed to pass Hamilton and he did. Fair and square. Max is worthy and is the future.

I reminded him what Masi did was the same as the referee ignored the 2 min rule and instead kept the clock running. hence why Max was given the chance to overtake Hamilton on the last lap. He was like WTF. You can't bent the rules like that. I was like but that's exactly what they did.

He said the ref can't do that. I said that's exactly what happened. 2 minutes left, NFL officials ignored the 2 minute rule and let the clock run down while defending team ran down the clock with 40 sec rule each down. He finally gets it about the last race.

I told him no. Max could have wrapped up the title a long time ago if not for his brain dead moments. He was like so the 'league' was trying to infuse some excitement for the last race, I was like yeah, that pretty much sums it up 

At least he finally gets it. 

Don't really cared if one for two or whoever is offended cause I am not a Max fan. Not my problem. I just called it as it is. You can go enjoy getting your panties bunched up in a string. 

--

Whoopsy:

So, I met an old friend for drinks earlier. He is a diehard NFL fan. American Football all the way, because of COVID, he start watching other sports on TV last year, one of them Formula 1.

He knew I am a racing fan, so we start talking about the 2021 season. He was like did you see how Hamilton put Max in the hospital? And didn't get any meaningful penalties? And also talked about how Max beat Hamilton on the last lap on the last race?

So I start explaining things about it in American Football terms. In Silverstone, the collision between Hamilton and Max is like rouging the passer rule, automatic 1st down and 15 yards penalty. Doesn't matter if the QB needed to go to hospital to get checked out or if he is out 20 weeks with a concussion. Rules are clear about the penalty being assessed for the incident and not the resulting injury. He got it. He was like cool. He understands more. It's about how the contact was made, but not the resulting injuries or whatnots.

And on the last race, Abu Dhabi. The restart. He was like yeah, that was great for Max, he is primed to pass Hamilton and he did. Fair and square. Max is worthy and is the future.

I reminded him what Masi did was the same as the referee ignored the 2 min rule and instead kept the clock running. hence why Max was given the chance to overtake Hamilton on the last lap. He was like WTF. You can't bent the rules like that. I was like but that's exactly what they did.

He said the ref can't do that. I said that's exactly what happened. 2 minutes left, NFL officials ignored the 2 minute rule and let the clock run down while defending team ran down the clock with 40 sec rule each down. He finally gets it about the last race.

I told him no. Max could have wrapped up the title a long time ago if not for his brain dead moments. He was like so the 'league' was trying to infuse some excitement for the last race, I was like yeah, that pretty much sums it up 

Don't really cared if one for two or whoever is offended cause I am not a Max fan. Not my problem. I just called it as it is. You can go enjoy getting your panties bunched up in a string. 

Smiley And what happened when a Referee Crew in the NFL really botched a call at the beginning of the playoffs this year?  The crew was benched and not allowed to work another game this year. 

thuggy:
    Whoopsy:

Smiley And what happened when a Referee Crew in the NFL really botched a call at the beginning of the playoffs this year?  The crew was benched and not allowed to work another game this year. 

US football is hardly an example of enforcing all rules consistently.  Anyone making this argument has never watched football. 

The play I'm referencing is probably directly applicable.  In the Bengals / Raiders game, if you recall the Refs errantly blew the whistle which by rule is an immediate dead ball.  Yet they ruled incorrectly afterword that the touchdown should stand even though it was after the whistle had blown and players had visibly stopped.  So the NFL sidelined the refs.  So maybe if they made the correct call, the Bengals might have been out and the Chiefs might still be in it playing the Rams in LA on Feb 13th. Smiley  F1 was worse though, at least in the NFL case, it happened before half time, and not in the last minute of the game like in Abu Dhabi.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    781424 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442704 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263420 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261772 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85890 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5948 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881535 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    819263 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM