Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Whats your favorite P Forum?

Not to start a discussion or anything but whats your favorite Porsche Forum.... lets keep this anonymous:)

Re: Whats your favorite P Forum?

What is 6 Speed? URL?

Actually, its not even on the list: Flat-6

-SB

PS. No offence intended by the way- I just found it first and have been visiting for a long time . . . It's nice to kind of get to know the usuals.

RENNTEAM fo life

Rennteam is my favorite. It's like family.

PellicanParts and Renntech are missing from the poll.

My favorite? Hmm.. The old flat-6.
    Rennteam is very nice, but somehow a bit too cold and impersonal... and too troll-friendly

I do not like 6speedonline, though.

i kind of agree with brunner, i kind of liked flat-6

small and personal, although rennteam is more proffesional and you get more i opinions and knowledge, plus RC is really doing more than his best, its just a little large and impersonal

i voted for rennteam though

Quote:
    Dilinger said:
    small and personal, although rennteam is more proffesional and you get more i opinions and knowledge, plus RC is really doing more than his best, its just a little large and impersonal

I agree, sometimes I'm loosing control and I really don't feel good about it.
    We were thinking about an artificial limit of 5000 registered members and an automatic deletion of members if they didn't login for more than six months.
    But would this really be a good solution? I don't know.

If somebody has a suggestion how to improve Rennteam.com, please send a PM to me or one of the moderators. Or send us a mail to info@rennteam.com . We're open minded, ANY suggestion helps us to improve the forums.
    And PLEASE: if you have to say something BAD, SAY it!!! We cannot improve if we're thinking we're doing a good job.
    Just one thing only: I would like to remind you guys that this is a private forum run by private people using their own private money and time. We're not getting paid for this and we don't have monetary support from car companies or any other sponsors. So if you have a suggestion for improvements, be sure they don't cost us a lot of money and/or time. Thanks.

BTW: I always liked flat-6 but I guess that ALL Porsche forums provide additional information and are worth checking them out. The only "problem" I see with certain forums is that some users post rumours as facts or start bashing certain products without the intervention or "clarification" of a moderator. This doesn't add much credibility to a forum.
    Oh and I like Renntech.org too: a lot of work seems to be involved with Renntech.org, it is a very nice and interesting concept and I think the "owner" has the same problem we have: not enough time to really improve things. We have thousands of ideas but so little time. Sad.

Quote:
    RC said: If somebody has a suggestion how to improve Rennteam.com, please send a PM to me or one of the moderators. Or send us a mail to info@rennteam.com . We're open minded, ANY suggestion helps us to improve the forums.

RC- Won't you rather have members post their suggestions on a thread for everyone to look at and give opinion?

OK, I'll suck up Rennteam has, in my opinion the most professional and technically oriented board of those listed. Additionally, the quality of PAG "rumor" is much better than the other boards. Other than the occasional rants and flames Rennteam is "The Best."

Oh yea, the international flavor of the board really enhances its quality - sucking up to you foreigners too

Quote:
    ha said:
    RC- Won't you rather have members post their suggestions on a thread for everyone to look at and give opinion?

Well, I thought it may be better to pick up some of the suggestions sent by PM and/or email and then start a thread or even a poll and asking people what they think of.
    But your idea isn't bad either, maybe we should really start a thread and ask people. What do you think, guys?

Sure! I am interested in suggestions from our members. I would particularly like to know if they are satisfied with the present level of moderator/editor intervention. In other words, do our members think this forum is too "open" and we should intervene sooner when flaming starts, or do they think our present level is about right? Some may think we already intervene too much. What about posts from "Trolls", those people who make deliberately inflamatory posts? Should we ban repeat offenders?

Thats a great question Gary, I would like to know if people feel the mods are being too easy or too hard sometimes

Quote:
    brunner said:
    PellicanParts and Renntech are missing from the poll.

My favorite? Hmm.. The old flat-6.
    Rennteam is very nice, but somehow a bit too cold and impersonal... and too troll-friendly

I do not like 6speedonline, though.

So do I and I also voted "Rennteam"... I like it! I don't know 6speedonline.

Greetings

A thread/poll asking people what they think is a great idea, RC. Why limit the number to 5000? Is it software or cost related? If it's cost related, maybe you could seekout non-automotive advertising (but not the pop-up adverts please--I boycott buying anything from pop-up advertisers). Not taking automotive advertising still maintains the integrity of the forum's posts. The income level of the participants should attract good advertising accounts. If it's software related, why not divide the forum into multiple websites, like Rennteam Carrera, Rennteam Boxster, and so on. Ha, I don't have all the answers (never do but wish I did), but I hope these suggestions help.

P.S. Rennteam.com is the best!
    /uploads/94096-HOT2.GIF

Quote:
    GM Austin said:
    Sure! I am interested in suggestions from our members. I would particularly like to know if they are satisfied with the present level of moderator/editor intervention. In other words, do our members think this forum is too "open" and we should intervene sooner when flaming starts, or do they think our present level is about right? Some may think we already intervene too much. What about posts from "Trolls", those people who make deliberately inflamatory posts? Should we ban repeat offenders?

Yes, I agree.

Sometimes you close threads too quickly and sometimes others are allowed to go on and on and on.

But overall, Rennteam is an excellent forum.

Although I don't post much, I check the forums almost daily. It's been the most resourceful site for myself as both a sportcar enthusiast and Porsche owner! Keep up the great work!

Quote:
    GM Austin said:

rennteam is definetely the best!

What I like most is the very international style of rennteam, with so many different users all over the world. And rennteam is by far the most competent car forum I know, with the best information you can get for all kinds of sports cars.
    And no, I don't think mods should intervene more than they actually do. I think it is just right. What helps is again the spirit of rennteam: I've never seen a forum with so many interactions and users before, where the discussions stay so neutral and civilised.

This is a great forum and I personally wouldn't change a thing.
    I've gained enormously since joining, saving lots of money, learning about specs and many other important Porsche ownership factors.
    I regard this forum as a serious discussion board and somewhere you go to find decent information, usually way before any other forum.
    The international flavour adds a different perspective to ownership and the occasional location pictures give an insight into other cultures and sometimes very different and special locations.
    Its interesting that different countries seem to find different colour combos more expectable.

I'd like to see some forum meetings and It looks like something is being organised here in the UK, but what about other countries?

Finally, I'd like to take this opportunity to congratulate RC and all the moderators for all there hard voluntary work.

Rennteam is the best i think, flat-6 is just too small, rennlist is cool too - a deeper forum but rennteam is the response oriented!

Quote:
    brunner said:
    Renntech are missing from the poll.

Agreed....I spend most of my time on Rennteam and Renntech.

Rennteam is my number one site. It's for a couple of reasons: the first is that this is the most professional looking site, i.e. the graphics are very well done. Secondly is the quality of posts. There are very few people attacking each other here and I like the fact that RC swoops in every once and a while and sets us straight with some factual information. When you compare this site to others I can't really see anything that needs to change.

I agree with the above posts. This is the most professional and informative Porsche website I have seen. As you can see I dont post much, but I have been on here almost daily for over two years. Thank you RC and all of the moderators for your labor of love.

Rennteam and pasionporsche.com

Its like a big familiy

Rennteam is the best! Because people here are true sport fans, but also because they are civilised and respect each other.

I almost never post but I come here every day !

Quote:
    Ziggy said:
    Rennteam is the best! Because people here are true sport fans, but also because they are civilised and respect each other.

I almost never post but I come here every day !

Not a "day-by-day-poster", but a "day-by-day-reader"... Nice to meet you!

I think the interface at Flat-6 is more intuitive and user friendly.

Maybe that's just because I'm more used to it, but my gut says otherwise.

-SB

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    And no, I don't think mods should intervene more than they actually do. I think it is just right. What helps is again the spirit of rennteam: I've never seen a forum with so many interactions and users before, where the discussions stay so neutral and civilised.

I agree completely with that. All here seem to treat one another with respect despite differences of nationality, religion, income, age, etc.

Also best site for photo's and p-car news.
    tom

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    Thats a great question Gary, I would like to know if people feel the mods are being too easy or too hard sometimes

RC, Ron, Gary, Carlos, you will never make everyone happy.When you try it only makes things worst.

I suppose I could tone down my anti-Porsche rhetoric but then what would the poster's do? Defending what you buy is bonding with what you bought.

Finally, the question as to what is the best site is superfluous. It is a chat site and people come and go according to their needs and interest. Since this site is not profit oriented it should not matter who and how many attend.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    781768 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442801 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263469 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261865 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85959 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5990 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881634 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    819540 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM