Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Tesla

Man, you are miserable. Smiley

https://gizmodo.com/finnish-man-passes-on-paying-22-600-to-replace-his-tes-1848268874

The owner of the channel is not the owner of the car, but I believe he might be the hydraulic press channel guy? Anyway, if you want to spend the day tracking down clues and getting to the bottom of a video of some guy in Finland blowing up an 8 year old car, feel free.Smiley Please report back.

JoeRockhead:

Man, you are miserable. Smiley

https://gizmodo.com/finnish-man-passes-on-paying-22-600-to-replace-his-tes-1848268874

The owner of the channel is not the owner of the car, but I believe he might be the hydraulic press channel guy? Anyway, if you want to spend the day tracking down clues and getting to the bottom of a video of some guy in Finland blowing up an 8 year old car, feel free.Smiley Please report back.

Miserable how?  It is so hard to comment on anything here without someone like you reading extra into it. Trust me, I find it incredibly amusing that reasonable people can be snowed so easily. Be it politics or Tesla. 
    Not going to look for anything but funny enough the recommendation engine already served them up. Waste of my time to watch the either the original FUD or the subsequent FUD. 
    It is all good fun and entertainment. Thought I made that clear. Only the haters get charged up and defensive. 

Topspeed:

Tesla Recalls Nearly 500,000 Vehicles For Camera, Front Trunk Problems

One intelligent guy in a German Tesla forum asked why it is a safety issue if the rear camera doesn't work on his Tesla, he was very upset, said that only "pussies" need a rear camera. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), BMW Z4 M40i (2022), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)

RC:
    Topspeed:

Tesla Recalls Nearly 500,000 Vehicles For Camera, Front Trunk Problems

One intelligent guy in a German Tesla forum asked why it is a safety issue if the rear camera doesn't work on his Tesla, he was very upset, said that only "pussies" need a rear camera. Smiley

On the lighter side - my rear camera functions have been upgraded continuously. Last year they added the side view to the rear as well and last week they added the side rear view when using the turn signal.  
    Not that I’m defending that guys statement but even without looking at the camera the Tesla would audibly warn of any danger and eventually brake and refuse to go. Maybe factor that part in. You also still have the overall overheard view too.  One could argue that anyone not in a Tesla sounds far more reckless - like high speed autobahn runs in a Mustang in public. It is all relative. 

The brilliance of moving major controls deep within menus is beyond my feeble comprehension.  https://www.thedrive.com/news/43710/teslas-v11-update-blasted-for-hiding-things-like-defroster-button-in-pointless-menus

CGX car nut:

The brilliance of moving major controls deep within menus is beyond my feeble comprehension.  https://www.thedrive.com/news/43710/teslas-v11-update-blasted-for-hiding-things-like-defroster-button-in-pointless-menus

Actually they enabled owners to move icons and controls which they use the most to where they prefer them. Smart move. Of course they won’t tell you that in a positive light.  Anyone ever been a GUID user?  Stuff changes, people who don’t understand freak out. Then, on top of that you have Tesla, favorite outrage target and those who don’t own one, don’t understand one and love to join into the FUD. Not surprisingly I might add. 
    Did they mention all the other new free stuff included in the update?  A lump of coal?  Lol. Notice they don’t know or care to mention that most everything is available via voice control.  What did the other automakers give all of their customers for an OTA update for Christmas this year?  I hope everyone has is starting to see the silly ness. Smiley
    I love articles which point it out Teslas flaws in areas of functionality which others don’t even offer and which the authors have very little experience with.  It ends up showing customers what they are missing.  Ask you dealer when your car is going to do that light show. (Btw any nerd can tell you that takes a lot of system integration)

Of course, you’re much too proud to actually watch the video embedded in the article. That addresses your copious questions and comments expressed above.  

The car that sold the most in Switzerland in 2021 is the Tesla Model 3 ( see list bellow )

You can’t take away from Musk that his cars are a success. Predictions are that sales will continue to rise in 2022 .

There must be something done right by Tesla. Our market is a demanding one.

879F9C27-8EB5-4120-99B9-68DFD6F08FCF.jpeg

CGX car nut:

Of course, you’re much too proud to actually watch the video embedded in the article. That addresses your copious questions and comments expressed above.  

Obviously I did watch it. Thanks. One percent of the cars in question are estimated to be impacted by their reverse camera getting disconnected. All of them will be checked. The fix is simple and already in place with current cars for a year. The front latch can only be opened by the operator while stopped. If you start to move with the front latch open or not secure all types of dash warnings and sounds alert you.  As usual it is wishful thinking but I don’t blame them for being desperate at all. Have you seems Tesla’s market cap?  Have you driven a Tesla?  Perhaps there is a very good reason Musk has 300 billion dollars to his name. I’ll leave it at that. I would hate to convince some here about Tesla and ruin the endless fun I have here. Cheers

Gnil:

The car that sold the most in Switzerland in 2021 is the Tesla Model 3 ( see list bellow )

You can’t take away from Musk that his cars are a success. Predictions are that sales will continue to rise in 2022 .

Interesting to see over time if this is transitory or a structural change; however, initial indications is that the number one position is more representative of having few models in the market place than other manufacturers.  For example, add the total number of Volkswagen Group products on that chart and the total dwarfs Tesla.  

Excellent point. I agree. 

CGX car nut:
    Gnil:

Interesting to see over time if this is transitory or a structural change; however, initial indications is that the number one position is more representative of having few models in the market place than other manufacturers.  For example, add the total number of Volkswagen Group products on that chart and the total dwarfs Tesla.  

It's interesting though that probably only the XC40 and the X3 would be more expensive than the Model 3. Those three and the Q3 are the only entry level luxury autos on the list. Low cost, high volume is a thing for a reason..

--

Past-President, Porsche Club of America - Upper Canada Region

Today I took delivery of a better Tesla than Tesla.

1641526811470IMG_9120.JPG1641526828577IMG_9121.JPG

Like a Tesla, it gets plugged in every night for a full charge in the morning. Like a Tesla, it has strong 'one pedal' driving. Like Tesla, it's made in America.

It has the added benefit of going OVER snow instead of plowing through them, and also better traction off snow and ice. And it has a onboard generator for when the time the battery ran out of charge, which also happens to be able to propel the car also.

Oh, it can also conquer off road trails, something Tesla can't do.

It also have a giant sunroof that opens all the way to the back window. And so nice to be able to look over Model Xs in traffic. 

Also nice to have most of the normal buttons inside the car instead of having everything hide under 10 levels of touchscreen menus. 

My Jeep also even have fart mode today. Man, all those Mexican food last night came back out in the car. Literally farting on command. 

Having industrial standard charging plug is so convenient, this is the 3rd brand of cars that can use the same charger. 

So happy Wrangler have hybrid models now, always wanted another one. Big plus was to out maneuver the dealer and got away from his ADM. 4pm Dec 31st shopping strikes again. Oh, and I also managed to pay for the car on my AmEx, which most dealers frown upon with the credit card fees. indecision

--

Cool choice, Nick. Congrats. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), BMW Z4 M40i (2022), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)

RC:

Cool choice, Nick. Congrats. Smiley

Interesting choice.  Not a hybrid fan myself and much of what you said is a bit silly but I get the humor.  Enjoy and have fun in the snow. 

FT article on TesIa...  C7BEAB03-A272-4B0C-AF73-D01AEAA5AA36.gif

FT article - Tesla Financial Complex.jpg

...the unwind will be... Smiley

Interesting. An article about how Tesla caught even seasoned pro investors off guard. Then they go on to make the same predictions, essentially, again.  I wonder if they will be correct this time?  Wishful thinking perhaps?  
    This time Tesla is definitely going to fail - time to go short and bet on legacy Auto for the win.  Why not trust the pros this time?  Lol. 
    Oh and by the way - the stock market moves in cycles. You can believe everything is being moved by Tesla, why not?  People will believe anything, look at the fate of politics, global warming, health. Good stuff. 

You are so predictable leawood indecision

Carlos from Spain:

You are so predictable leawood indecision

You are welcome though I thought my previous post which expressed agreement was a bit out of character. Lol. Trying to keep some life in this forum. Weekends are slow.  But seriously - was there much intelligence in that article any of you did not already know?    If the market tanks I will be blaming greed combined with out of control government spending and fiscal policy. That sounds much more plausible and likely but not what we are supposed to think. Nah. That can’t be the thing. 
    Watch for more of the narrative blaming Tesla and the mysterious ‘rich’ on the market collapse when it happens. Nothing if not predictable. 
    Cheers and have an amazing and safe weekend!  

https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a38698676/does-anyone-want-an-electric-car/

Despite what some claim, consumers just aren't really interested in buying a full EV, they much prefer hybrids and normal cars.

Screen Shot 2022-01-08 at 8.59.01 AM.png

Another interesting graph from the survey, 

Screen Shot 2022-01-08 at 9.00.01 AM.png

US consumers expects EV to go twice as far as what the same consumers in China wanted.

Many more interesting facts from the full Deloitte survey

--

smiley

Tesla Model 3 Delivered With Missing Brake Pad: What Happened?

Technicians at a Tesla Service Center told the owner the sound was “normal for performance brakes.” Smiley

Autonomous driving expert evaluates Tesla’s FSD.  https://jalopnik.com/respected-automated-driving-expert-gives-tesla-fsd-beta-1848379786

https://youtu.be/y77S3GlNVuw
    cool!  He has indicated that the model 3 is the best daily driver. 

https://www.motor1.com/news/561841/best-selling-cars-world-2021/

Here is something nice for Tesla fans to cheer about.

Model 3 took second place overall in 2021 UK car sales, only finishing behind Vauxhall Cross, and ahead of the Mini. 

--

Surprise, surprise...

Tesla is not working on its $25,000 electric car at the moment, says Elon Musk

Tesla's project list is getting bigger and bigger.

Robotaxis(2020)
    Plaid+(cancelled)
    Semi(2019)
    Cybertruck(2020) + ATV(2020)
    Roadster 2.0(2020)
    FSD level 5(2020)
    Autonomous Cross Country Trip(2017)
    Autonomous Minibus(2019)
    1,000 Kilometer Range(2017)
    Etc

I'm curious to see what's the next bait and switch this quarter.

Topspeed:

Surprise, surprise...

Tesla is not working on its $25,000 electric car at the moment, says Elon Musk

Tesla's project list is getting bigger and bigger.

Robotaxis(2020)
    Plaid+(cancelled)
    Semi(2019)
    Cybertruck(2020) + ATV(2020)
    Roadster 2.0(2020)
    FSD level 5(2020)
    Autonomous Cross Country Trip(2017)
    Autonomous Minibus(2019)
    1,000 Kilometer Range(2017)
    Etc

I'm curious to see what's the next bait and switch this quarter.

But, but, but Tesla has the greatest gross margins per unit in the industry.  Once again, a bit of sleight of hand in accounting is the cause.  

Meanwhile to competitors dream is to do an over the air update, someday. 
    I love this thread so much. Please more. The weekend is right around the corner. 
    The reason for the delay is soooo sweet. They can’t make the other, higher margin cars, fast enough. What a problem to have.  How many EVs did GM sell last quarter?  The EV industry leader according to Brandon. 

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688821 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408826 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255578 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234833 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65428 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4638 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857673 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773572 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM