Crown

Board: Motor Sports Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: [2022] Formula 1

ALDO:

and Massi is history!

I dont think they had a choice, at the end of the day he ignered the rules and his decision gave unfair advantage to one driver... so I think they did right with letting him go!

He didnt go, he will stay in FIA

kudryavchik:

yes but he was dropped as FIA race director... and that is IMO the right decision.

By 'reassigning' Masi, FIA admit he fucked it up without saying he fucked it up. Saving some face for themselves. But honestly, everyone can see right though that and know exactly what is happening. Masi fucked up Abu Dhabi race and hence the 'reassignment'. 

Horner must be cursing constantly right now, he won't have a guy he can bully and influence anymore. 

--

Shaich:
    kudryavchik:

yes but he was dropped as FIA race director... and that is IMO the right decision.

I am glad that Freitas came (simultaneously its a pity that he leaves WEC). And its good for sport that there will be no radio talks between teams and judge body. On Masi..  lots of things went wrong way, but I cant say he did a wrong decision during that particular race. It had to happen, nothing good in direct talks between teams and judges, especially public

kudryavchik:
    Shaich:
    kudryavchik:

I am glad that Freitas came (simultaneously its a pity that he leaves WEC). And its good for sport that there will be no radio talks between teams and judge body. On Masi..  lots of things went wrong way, but I cant say he did a wrong decision during that particular race. It had to happen, nothing good in direct talks between teams and judges, especially public

Single biggest thing he did wrong was doing a partial lapped cars overtake. Nothing in the rule book says he can do that, it's either all or none. 

2nd biggest thing he did wrong was to ignore the safety car procedure as it is written in the rulebook, bringing in the safety car one lap too early. 

Many more but those two are the headline ones. 

The counter argument is that as it is written in the rule book, the Race Director has overriding power on the use of the safety car, no one is arguing that. But once he invoked the safety car, there is a set of rules to be followed after. 

It's like race starts, once he invoked the race start procedures, there is a whole set of rules governing that, the rule says it's one red light, two, three, four and five, then the cars can go AFTER all the lights go off.

What he did with the safety car at Abu Dhabi is exactly the same as changing the start to not wait for all 5 lights to go off, but having the cars go when the 3rd light comes on cause Horner is complaining about Max's car is overheating while waiting for the 5 red lights. 

--

Whoopsy:

...Horner must be cursing constantly right now, he won't have a guy he can bully and influence anymore. 

Oh common Nick, you can't be serious! As if Toto never tried to have his way on he radio...Smiley  

--

Porsche, separates Le Mans from Le Boys

Joost:
    Whoopsy:

...Horner must be cursing constantly right now, he won't have a guy he can bully and influence anymore. 

Oh common Nick, you can't be serious! As if Toto never tried to have his way on he radio...Smiley  

Are you new around here?  He’s been carping about how unfair that race was even before it ended.  It’s the selective application of the rule book by the Hamiltonians that’s the most appalling.  

CGX car nut:
    Joost:
    Whoopsy:

Are you new around here?  He’s been carping about how unfair that race was even before it ended.  It’s the selective application of the rule book by the Hamiltonians that’s the most appalling.  

Yep, several months have passed by, but we are still in 2021Smiley

FIA finally acknowledged TODAY a mistake was made and taken action.  It’s what Whoopsy and others have been saying all along.  Don’t want to see anyone lose their job but it’s a soft landing apparently… this also makes the asterisk on the championship for Max official unfortunately for him.  Great season shaping up for 2022, 30 days til Bahrain!

Joost:
    Whoopsy:

Can you think of one instance in the 2021 season that when Toto 'communicate' with Masi, he got his way?

I really can't think of any. In fact, every time when Toto speak to Masi asking for something, Masi immediately do the exact opposite of what Toto wants just about every time. And Toto proceed to annihilate his headsets on live TV. 

But when Horner gets on the radio, Masi may not do what he wants immediately, but eventually, yes, most of the time. Don't have to look far back. Brazil, "let them race', Abu Dhabi "any does;t mean all". 

Must be the British accent vs the German accent. On this part, I really do agreed with the British biased claimed by Max fans, a British team principal wield much more power than say a German principal. 

That's just from the Liberty Media broadcast however. Teams must have communicated with Masi countless times, but the broadcast team pick and choose what to publish on the live feed. 

--

New cars are certainly ones to like. Much more compact, cleaner. Ferrari and Mercedes concepts I like the most currently, however Ferrari approach is too risky imo. Cant wait for the first race

Whoopsy:
    Joost:
    Whoopsy:

Can you think of one instance in the 2021 season that when Toto 'communicate' with Masi, he got his way?

I really can't think of any. In fact, every time when Toto speak to Masi asking for something, Masi immediately do the exact opposite of what Toto wants just about every time. And Toto proceed to annihilate his headsets on live TV. 

But when Horner gets on the radio, Masi may not do what he wants immediately, but eventually, yes, most of the time. Don't have to look far back. Brazil, "let them race', Abu Dhabi "any does;t mean all". 

Must be the British accent vs the German accent. On this part, I really do agreed with the British biased claimed by Max fans, a British team principal wield much more power than say a German principal. 

That's just from the Liberty Media broadcast however. Teams must have communicated with Masi countless times, but the broadcast team pick and choose what to publish on the live feed. 

To be honest, I don't remember. I think this year was the first season they really broadcast these communications between the teams and the stewards, and I was surprised how much there was going on. It felt sometimes like soccer players begging the referee for a red card for the opponent, it gave me a bad taste in the mouth. And it wasn't just Horner doing that. We heard it from all sides.

--

New red bull. It seems the most radical car. Like Mclaren, it has a pullrod at front

FB_IMG_1645268896664.jpg

What are the advantages of a pullrod wrt a pushrod? 
    I guess lower centre of gravity, as the mass of the interface where the rod connects is at the bottom rather the top of the nose, and probably aerodynamiccaly a different flow around the rod?

--

Joost:

What are the advantages of a pullrod wrt a pushrod? 
    I guess lower centre of gravity, as the mass of the interface where the rod connects is at the bottom rather the top of the nose, and probably aerodynamiccaly a different flow around the rod?

Pullrod is less sharp, however it provides more stability. Previously, with the pushrod the stability was provided by pneumatic shock absorbers, now, only springs are allowed, so pullrod gives an advantage here. On aero - everything depends on the aero philosophy, its difficult to give strict evaluation here. And you are totally right Joost, pullrod gives lower center of gravity.

RB front suspension config is very agressive. The higher arm is located very high. MB is more conservative here. Which is not bad, in some cases the more conservative you are, the easier to set up the car.

Love MB chassis, on par with RB, both have very narrow sidepods, very agressive channels for venturi tunnels. Championship level cars are very noticeable. Ferrari has an interesting concept, but something tells me its a second F93A. Joker is Mclaren. Will see 

AM seems to be shit. Vettel should think to change the job, he would be a nice litter collector.

I like this You Tube channel very much. This guy previously worked on aero and gives nice feedback. He is much more interesting to listen to compared to motorsport.com pussyballs (in Russia we call that way the guys with empty talks))

https://www.youtube.com/c/KYLEDRIVES/videos

Look at the photo of the Mercedes to see one advantage of the pullrod.  It presents one less obstruction to the side pod intakes as well as cleans up the area to the venturis.  

True. With the previous regs it was not the case, now it is more critical. Thats why Mclaren is a joker with front pullrod and (sic!!!) Pushrod at the rear. F1 cars had no pushrod at the rear for a very long time, but at the rear pullrod messes up with venturis. 

https://the-race.com/formula-1/ferrari-hasnt-achieved-all-design-goals-with-2022-f1-car-yet/

Haha, typical Ferrari. Next year we Will be strong and we must win. Next year comes... Oh, we worked Hard, the environment is difficult, we have not achieved all we wanted, but during the season we hope to keep up the development pace. End of the season - Next year we Will fight for the win. 

And the shittiest car

FB_IMG_1645443430404.jpg

I Wonder, Haas started well in F1 for the newcomer, but when Rus flag appeared the team registered at the rear of the field 😁

Alpine

"Alpine says it's running the predominantly pink livery at opening two races of 2022. Will then switch to 'real' livery for rest of the season."

You might want to toss the glasses on this one. https://www.thedrive.com/news/44367/be-honest-would-you-wear-lewis-hamiltons-gucci-outfit

That is actually not his worse at all... just put Lewis Hamilton outfits on Google...

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690415 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409711 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255936 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235189 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65641 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4657 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858368 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774623 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM