Crown

Board: Porsche - Boxster Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Boxster 25 years ...an obvious choice!

Well, according to the other thread in the BMW forum, I took delivery of this beautiful car a few weeks ago:

Boxster 25 Jahre, aka Boxster 25 years. Smiley

I have to say this is a lovely car and since there was no such thing as an open top in the stable for quite some time, this seems like the perfect addition.

I specced it very similar to the launch spec, with GT silver on the outside and Bordeaux leather for the inside and for the hood. Together with the neodyme accents typical of the 25 years edition, it is quite some looker.
    Otherwise I opted for the 6 speed manual transmission, as I thought this is appropriate for a roadster.
    Since it comes standard with the short shifter, the gear changes are a treat. Apart from that I also chose PASM -20mm and the 18 way seats, so rather on the sporty side, but in my opinion that fits this car perfectly.

Finally I want to thank ISUK for his immeasurable help speccing this car.

Without him, the car would not have been as perfect as it it now. Thank you so much, Iain! Smiley

BX_25_Y.jpg

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Re: Boxster 25 years ...an obvious choice!

It looks great Stefan wink  I hope you enjoy many happy Km's in it. I couldn't get a build slot for one so have gone elsewhere for a 6 cylinder manual that will hopefully arrive next summer.

And we only get 1 picture? indecision

Very nice - Congratulations Smiley

--

22 GT3 Manual, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 18 GT3 Manual, 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

Congratulations.  Sad that the Boxster may find an EV as its replacement.  

We definitely need more pics.  Beautiful spec, enjoy the car!

Just wonderful!!

I saw a car exactly like yours in the Porsche Centre some weeks ago and I found it very desirable.

A lovely car to behold and to drive. Congratulations!

I was not sure beforehand about the neodyme accents but when I saw it live they blend very nicely with the GT Silver colour.

--

"Porsche....and Nothing else matters"

Can't go wrong with any of ISUK's configurations blush

I like this 25th anniversary . Great you took it manual, fits the car perfectly. I can see this one being a keeper. 

But don't restrain you with photos. Side, back, inside, top up, top down, details and all in real life situations . Oh, and one more next to the purple beast indecision

Congrats, Stefan. Smiley Very nice choice and more pictures please. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), BMW Z4 M40i (2022), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)

Congratulations. It's a great car and very well specced.

Amazing

--

sportcars-history.com

congrats....pictures please indecision

Lovelly car! enjoy wink

Thank you guys for your kind words. wink

I have to admit it took me some time to spec this car. I didn‘t want to make any mistakes, as I don‘t plan to sell this car any time soon.

Paint colour was an easy choice and clear from the very beginning. I always liked GT silver ever since I saw it first on the Carrera GT and I always wanted a silver Porsche. Some may have reservations about the neodyme accents, but in real life they do look good. Mostly because they are not as golden as some versions from Ferrari, more like the bronze wheels of a Performante for example. And together with the slightly darker shade of the GT silver this combinination looks great.

Choosing the Bordeaux leather was a bit more bold, but what choice do you have? Another black leather interior? Not really. Under natural light the Bordeaux doesnt‘t look as red as in some picturers, which is definitely a good thing and the Bordeaux hood was the logical addition.

As said above, although PDK is great and may be even quicker, manual transmission was set and I don‘t regret choosing stick. I left out PCCB, since though nice to have ceramic brakes seemed to me a bit too much for that kind of car. The standard steel brakes left a fine impression so far and also don‘t look too shabby behind the large wheels.

The biggest issues I had with the chassis and the seats. It had been a while since I drove a Boxster the last time and due to covid there was no possibility to test drive a GTS. Finally and following Iain‘s advice I decided to choose PASM with -20 mm instead of the standard -10 mm and I‘m happy how it turned out. I don‘t think the PASM Sport is too harsh and don‘t really understand people who say so. But I guess it depends where are you coming from.
    The seats were the other critical point, at least I could try the 18 way seats at the dealer and found them to be really nice. Comfy and not too hard, but really good support in all areas. I also ordered heated seats, but left out the seat ventilation, the latter seemed to me a bit over the top for a sporty roadster like the Boxster.

Thanks to Iain and his emphasis on details, I ordered Bordeaux seat belts and the steering wheel column in leather. Both little somethings that really make some difference.

Some more pictures I have from the Zuffenhausen collection, but they mostly all look the same. So I guess we have to wait for spring, when I will take the car out again, so far I did only something like 500 km. frown

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

We can meet in spring for a relaxed Boxster - Z4 drive together. Smiley Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), BMW Z4 M40i (2022), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)

RC:

We can meet in spring for a relaxed Boxster - Z4 drive together. Smiley Smiley Smiley

Sounds like a great idea. SmileySmiley

--

Boxster 25 is really a great package Porsche put together. Congrats. 

--

Still have no pics, except for those from Zuffenhausen. So by popular request... indecision

Pic of the interior. Don't get fooled by the colour of the Bordaux leather. It's not as red and in your face as shown here (and that's a good thing, because there is lots of Bordeaux...). Smiley

BX_25_Y_2.jpg

--

Pic of the 18-way seats. I decided not to order leather backrest, as the Boxster 25 features some nice aluminium accents in the interior. As it turned out, the silver plastic backrest of the 18-way seats goes together well with the rest of the aluminium accents and breaks up the lots of Bordeaux nicely. kiss

It also fits a car in GT silver. With other colours and without the aluminium trim, I would recommend the leather backrest option, which is quite expensive.

BX_25_Y_3.jpg

--

nice

Last pic, taken by my son.

Not really much to see of the car Smiley, but this pic actually shows how the Bordeaux looks in real life.

BX_25_Y_4.jpg

--

I found these photo's of a car in a very similar spec to your's Stefan which show the Bordeaux leather colour pretty accurately kiss

Screen Shot 2021-12-28 at 20.11.01.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-28 at 20.10.41.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-28 at 20.10.22.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-28 at 20.10.07.png

Rossi:

Last pic, taken by my son.

Not really much to see of the car Smiley, but this pic actually shows how the Bordeaux looks in real life.

BX_25_Y_4.jpg

--

Clear the sky a bit on the shot above and just think about sunshine, 30 °C, a lazy summer sunday and all is very very good ... blush ... enjoy in good health ...

d997h:

Clear the sky a bit on the shot above and just think about sunshine, 30 °C, a lazy summer sunday and all is very very good ... blush ... enjoy in good health ...

Thinking of lazy summer, it was late autumn when we picked up the car. Smiley Smiley

--

Sans the wheels, great looking car.kiss

--

The purpose of life is to enjoy the moment.

We picked up my Wife's Spyder in December last year.... just checked... exactly a year ago today.

Rossi:

Pic of the 18-way seats. I decided not to order leather backrest, as the Boxster 25 features some nice aluminium accents in the interior. As it turned out, the silver plastic backrest of the 18-way seats goes together well with the rest of the aluminium accents and breaks up the lots of Bordeaux nicely. kiss

Great spec. I have the bordeaux on black leather in my car, and I absolutely love it. Pics don't do the colour any justice.

IMG_4135 copy.jpg

IMG_4132 copy.jpg

nberry:

Sans the wheels, great looking car.kiss

C'mon Nick, we all know your antipathy against golden wheels by now. Smiley

But to put your mind at ease, the colour is more bronze than gold and looks absolutely killer. Smiley

--

Stephan, You make a good point. The photos gave me pause. The wheels don’t look gold but I assumed they are.kiss

--

The purpose of life is to enjoy the moment.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    804352 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448826 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266506 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90209 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6825 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

886247 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    834843 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM