Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Family SUV?

to me the most attractive overall package is the RSQ8.

my brother just ordered one in this flashy (funky) green. 

and he also ordered the new G63....cars will be in different locations. so its an SUV 2022 for him indecision

Whoopsy:
    911tts:

It is time to sell my loved Cayenne Coupe turbo next year. What do you think about Bentley Bentayga S as a family SUV?

I am actually taking a second look at the Bentayga, I had rejected it outright when it first came out.

But now looking at all the variants, the Urus, the Bentayga, Cayenne, Q8, I am leaning towards it if I were to get another VAG SUV. 

I hated prefacelifted version of Bentayga, but the current one looks nice to me. As I have some sports car in my garage, I want this one car to be more luxury, so I think Bentayga represents luxury more than Urus…

911tts:
    Whoopsy:
    911tts:

It is time to sell my loved Cayenne Coupe turbo next year. What do you think about Bentley Bentayga S as a family SUV?

I am actually taking a second look at the Bentayga, I had rejected it outright when it first came out.

But now looking at all the variants, the Urus, the Bentayga, Cayenne, Q8, I am leaning towards it if I were to get another VAG SUV. 

I hated prefacelifted version of Bentayga, but the current one looks nice to me. As I have some sports car in my garage, I want this one car to be more luxury, so I think Bentayga represents luxury more than Urus…

in that case certainly a viable option.

the new G63 is luxurious as well.

Bentayga S looks nice. Like a super  RSQ7 

911tts:
    Whoopsy:
    911tts:

I don't find the Urus anymore luxurious than a Cayenne turbo S fit and finish wise, it just feel more 'limbo' than 'Porsche' interior wise. 

The Bentayga is clearly a step above those other 2 interior fitted finish wise, and it just rides better, but without the floaty feeling of a Range Rover. Range Rovers felt like driving a house on the road, zero body control. The Bentley felt more like a grand tourer, comfy ride yet sporty, I drove all of them before, all 4 VAG products have different feel, hard to put it to words however as they all 'feel good', but in different subtle ways.

--

Whoopsy:
    911tts:
    Whoopsy:
    911tts:

I don't find the Urus anymore luxurious than a Cayenne turbo S fit and finish wise, it just feel more 'limbo' than 'Porsche' interior wise. 

The Bentayga is clearly a step above those other 2 interior fitted finish wise, and it just rides better, but without the floaty feeling of a Range Rover. Range Rovers felt like driving a house on the road, zero body control. The Bentley felt more like a grand tourer, comfy ride yet sporty, I drove all of them before, all 4 VAG products have different feel, hard to put it to words however as they all 'feel good', but in different subtle ways.

I've always thought that it feels like you rid on top of a Range Rover as opposed to in it. Just a different feeling. The new one seems nice. I haven't had a post BMW one but I do love them (when they work). 

--

Past-President, Porsche Club of America - Upper Canada Region

On top, yes. It reminds of of old Cadillacs where it just sort of floating uncontrollably over bumps and whatnots. Unrefined to put it bluntly. 

--

The old ones were body on frame and you knew it. I don't mind the feeling, it just reminds you that it's for something other than sport (unless you're talking about shooting or watching Polo). 

--

Past-President, Porsche Club of America - Upper Canada Region

Whoopsy:

On top, yes. It reminds of of old Cadillacs where it just sort of floating uncontrollably over bumps and whatnots. Unrefined to put it bluntly. 

Ha. Good memories…ended up with a rental caddy driving out of San Francisco. The expansion joints on the highway were in tune with the caddy’s suspension. My sister and her husband were hitting the roof. 

Just get a properly optioned Cayenne turbo and be done with it. 

DD8C3E5A-3617-476E-9E98-588CF6BA496E.jpeg
    1FADA93C-2DC5-4A5A-A44F-E463ECAA24F5.jpegthat’s properly optioned imo

* properly optioned imo

Epic car !

996FourEss:

Just get a properly optioned Cayenne turbo and be done with it. 

I am selling mine, so I want something different :)

What about the new Range Rover 2022?

You can get P510i hybrid or V8 530 hp from BMW. It looks better than BMW X7, GLS, Q7, Bentayga. Now it should also have a better suspension and ant-roll.

--

AM

ALDO:

You can get P510i hybrid or V8 530 hp from BMW. It looks better than BMW X7, GLS, Q7, Bentayga. Now it should also have a better suspension and ant-roll.

Maybe the new one will be better made but the current LR range is plagued with poor quality, terrible electricals and dealers who are hopeless. I wouldn't touch one in the UK.

The problem with most of these brands is that they sell lots of cheap cars along with the expensive ones so their service and ownership experience is rubbish compared to more niche brands - BMW, Merc, Porsche, Audi and LR all guilty.

With Bentley, the experience is top drawer, totally as it should be with the value of the vehicle. If you want a super performance SUV, get a Cayenne GT. But surely most prospective owners will have a garage full of cars that go faster around the Ring. I prioritise luxury over lap times for this sort of car and the Bentayga is head and shoulders better than anything else. It makes the Cayenne interior look like a Golf's :)

Hmmm....in my expercience BMW M owners, 7 & 8 owners are treated like kings in the dealership compared to 1 series owners (I also have a 1 series). The fact that they sell cheaper cars does not reflect the service you get with higher priced cars.

When my 7 series is in service they offer to pick it up at home, last time I had a software glitch and had to leave the car for a couple of weeks in the shop they gave me a M8 convertible. Bentley and Ferrari are on another level but that's logical. Calling the other brands service 'rubbish' is a bit much imo. Lol.

--

997.2 4S / BMW 745e / Donkervoort GT 

spudgun:

Hmmm....in my expercience BMW M owners, 7 & 8 owners are treated like kings in the dealership compared to 1 series owners (I also have a 1 series). The fact that they sell cheaper cars does not reflect the service you get with higher priced cars.

When my 7 series is in service they offer to pick it up at home, last time I had a software glitch and had to leave the car for a couple of weeks in the shop they gave me a M8 convertible. Bentley and Ferrari are on another level but that's logical. Calling the other brands service 'rubbish' is a bit much imo. Lol.

Sounds like you have a "special" relationship with your BMW dealer, they are shit in the UK. No special queue for 7/8 series owners, no decent courtesy car, all in the same process as a 118d. Might be acceptable if you don't know any better but if you've paid up for a Ferrari or Bentley you'd never go back.

It's all about the culture, values, quality of thinking and process, quality of staff, quality of training. BMW could never deliver my expectations based on owning 5 cars in the last 8 years. Bentley, Ferrari or Lamborghini yes.

ALDO:

It's still a Land Rover product...........which basically means they are junk. Sorry to be blunt. Land Rovers are just hype. Camel Trophy pedigree? Those Camel trucks are highly modified. Defenders? They get stuck on trails that any Jeep products, not just the Wrangler, would have no problems getting over. 

There are more luxurious ones, there are more comfortable ones, there are more sporty ones, there are more off road capable ones. There are also more all-rounder ones. Land Rover products are playing in no man's land. 

--

My local BMW dealer has been amazing so far, at least when it comes to selling and service.

I got my son a slightly used 2021 BMW 320d xDrive (G20, current model) and the sales guy gave me a better service than anything I experienced before (with the exception of my Lambo dealer maybe). I was also able to do basically the whole deal, incl. the lease stuff (financials), online, which was very very helpful. Just one signature when I picked up the car. For a German car dealer, this was quite impressive.

This is the only reason I returned back to BMW, my former dealer wasn't that great.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), BMW Z4 M40i (2022), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)

hugo:

DD8C3E5A-3617-476E-9E98-588CF6BA496E.jpeg
    1FADA93C-2DC5-4A5A-A44F-E463ECAA24F5.jpegthat’s properly optioned imo

Still wish they offered that one in regular Cayenne shape as well.

--

1988 Peugeot 205 Rallye / 2004 Porsche 996 GT3 RS  / 2018 Mercedes-AMG E63 S / 2020 Ferrari 812SF

Agreed. Smiley Not a fan of SUV "coupes", with the exception of the Urus and the RS Q8 maybe.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), BMW Z4 M40i (2022), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)

I'd go Audi as it's less likely to be targeted in parking lot doucheness.  Of course, the opposite exists:

mansory-rolls-royce-cullinan-2.jpg

agree, I wasn't a fan of the coupe shape cayenne either but in real life day to day use it grew on me, not to mention the performance and amazing handling and the winner interior way over other sporty subs imo

* suvs 

In the case of the Porsche the coupe rear blends very well with the overall shape. It has an element of sporty style but it also looks robust and imposing. It is does not look like a caricature.

This is not the case with Coupe SUVs from other brands. In totally dismiss the Mercedes design, the BMW looks like an out of proportion afterthought plus the fussy detailing and the Urus although OK it looks like a jacked up Lamborghini sportscar a 5 year old could draw.

For me the best car combination in automotive life is a Cayenne Turbo GT (arktikgrau) and a 992 GT3 (GT silver) both with Neodyme wheels Smiley

The combo is starting from the exceedingly large amount of €400.000 but worth it.

--

"Porsche....and Nothing else matters"

waiting for PDK:

I'd go Audi as it's less likely to be targeted in parking lot doucheness.  Of course, the opposite exists:

mansory-rolls-royce-cullinan-2.jpg

What, you don’t think this is the height of elegance? yes

F538AF60-1279-4C84-BCCD-B193F6E0DFD9.jpeg
    18E6CAE0-E8C8-40B8-BEE7-EFB92F0ED43F.jpegSmiley

not quite the same as your best combination but not far off I'd say 

B1BB6CA3-AB42-47FB-BB5C-3B823BFF9720.jpegReginos

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/14/24 2:04 PM
    RCA
    802961 1806
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448478 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266006 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90003 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6491 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885536 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    832832 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM