Crown

Board: Motor Sports Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: [2021] Formula 1

Believe me - nothing 😁

--

sportcars-history.com

Sure... Smiley

92 more days till next race!

kudryavchik:

It was a nice gala without crying babies sir hams and oscar winning actor toto)))) i support their decisions - less methane and co2 into atmosphere. Ecology!

Mate you are now sounding boring, enough of your childish digs against Lewis....very lame !

New FIA president Mohammed Ben Sulayem will later decide on possible punishment for Lewis Hamilton, who failed to show up on Thursday. "As a former driver, I understand that he is very emotional and disappointed, but we cannot just ignore the rules."

5C781F33-07E2-4B14-857B-95BBFF373529.jpeg

Such a high profile snub, he had to say something for sure. He is the new guy, and can't be seen as part of the incompetent 2021 crew.

But nothing they can dish out Lewis cannot take. 2021 season is over and 2022 hasn't started, they are in no-man's land right now.

This is more like setting an example for other drivers in the future. 

This comedy of a 2021 end of season is just getting started.

--

I think we can all agree… however hilariously ironic the new head of the FIA saying we just can’t ignore the rules… think Masi cringed hearing his new boss saying that?

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/sulayem-no-forgiveness-for-hamilton-if-he-breached-fia-gala-rules/6886489/

"t the end of the day, rules are rules............"

Is there anything else he can say is more ironic

What about the safety car restart rule that was not followed.............

And financial penalties not sporting penalties..........lol as if Hamilton cared how much they can fine him. 

Who has the pop corns?

--

Italo:
    kudryavchik:

It was a nice gala without crying babies sir hams and oscar winning actor toto)))) i support their decisions - less methane and co2 into atmosphere. Ecology!

Mate you are now sounding boring, enough of your childish digs against Lewis....very lame !

Ok, I am sorry. In other words, It was a nice gala in absence of LH and Toto. Due to I am very much into ecology, like Greta Thumberg, I am very glad that we could save some air:)

--

sportcars-history.com

Guys, to be fair you are all very biased. When you are biased, the analysis doesnt work. I am not the Max fan, but most LH supporters here interpret Max and LH behavior in a totally opposing manner. Example: shit on vent when Max didnt come on the podium and support lh and toto not to be represented on gala. What merc, toto and lh are doing now with their press releases is a total mess. Merc is damaging its reputation now heavily. FIA is full of corruption, but now it is right. There must be some heavy sanctions against sir cry ham and actor toto.

--

sportcars-history.com

Actually, everyone agreed that skipping the gala was probably not the best use of political capital.

The only comments I saw were, and made myself, was the irony of the FIA being stated stickler for rules. 

kudryavchik:

Guys, to be fair you are all very biased. When you are biased, the analysis doesnt work. I am not the Max fan, but most LH supporters here interpret Max and LH behavior in a totally opposing manner. Example: shit on vent when Max didnt come on the podium and support lh and toto not to be represented on gala. What merc, toto and lh are doing now with their press releases is a total mess. Merc is damaging its reputation now heavily. FIA is full of corruption, but now it is right. There must be some heavy sanctions against sir cry ham and actor toto.

Funny how you put it that way.

All season long Max had been getting away with stuff on track. So the one time he didn't and got penalized at Saudi GP he got grumpy and walk away from the podium is being compared to Hamilton's absence?

In Saudi Max has been putting his foot wrong all race long, it was all his fault. In Abu Dhabi Hamilton didn't put a foot wrong, he was robbed blind by Masi when Masi didn't follow proper procedure, the anger and disappointment are completely different. 

Toto isn't required to be there, Hamilton was. Hamilton missed the gala knowing something will happened and he doesn't care as nothing the FIA can dare dishes out he can't take. He felt like he doesn't have to respect an organization that doesn't respect their own rules. 

As for you hope of 'heavy' sanction, that's out the window. The new FIA President alreayd said on record if there is one coming, it will be financial instead of sporting. And if Hamilton decided to just hang it up, it will also be a moot point as Hamilton won't even have to pay the fine. ATM, he is having the last laugh.

By the rulebook, Masi do have full control on when to send out the safety car and when to bring it back, that point isn't in dispute right now. But safety car have it's own section in the rulebook on how it is being send out and how it can come in after the Race Director request the car to be brought in, it's a detail step by step process, which Masi 'forgot' to follow. 

Had he stopped the race early and do a red flag restart with a few laps shootout finish, no one on earth would have any problem with whoever wins the GP, be it Hamilton, Max or Sainz. That would have been fair racing and if Max came out on top, he would have his crown and glory for winning his first F1. But because of Masi skipping some steps, Max only got the crown, he doesn't have the glory that came with it as the race and the season will be forever marked with as asterisk for the controversial finish. FIA didn't help itself by not releasing a full explanation of their own fuck up, and instead blame the fans, the drivers, the teams, and the press for misunderstanding. 

--

FIA candidates for regional posts...  C7BEAB03-A272-4B0C-AF73-D01AEAA5AA36.gif

Fabiana Ecclestone first woman candidate for Sport VP post

Mohammed ben Sulayem reveals Fabiana Ecclestone and Daniel Coen as VP Sport Candidates for the Americas South and North.

FIA Presidential candidate Mohammed ben Sulayem is delighted to announce that Fabiana Ecclestone and Daniel Coen will be standing for the post of Vice President Sport for South America and North America regions respectively.

Mrs Ecclestone, the first woman in the history of the Federation to be a candidate for a post of vice president on the sporting side of the organisation, is a Brazilian lawyer. She has experience both on the sport and mobility side of the FIA, having worked for 25 years for the Brazilian Grand Prix promoter, rising to the rank of President of Marketing. As for mobility, Mrs Ecclestone, who speaks four languages, was the co-founder of the Brazilian mobility club AAB and serves on number of FIA commissions, notably Women in Motor Sport and Land Speed Records.

Mrs Ecclestone said: “What I can bring to this important role for motor sport in South America is my passion for developing talent, both on track and also in all the roles that make the magic of racing happen, focusing on growing motor sport in the region for young women and men. My experience of working in sport and in mobility is a plus as I can take a broad view of the issues and look for long-term, innovative solutions.”

Mr Coen is currently Secretary General of NACAM, the FIA’s North American sport region, having previously been both the organisation’s Treasurer and Vice President. Born in the US, he is a civil engineer and a lifelong motor sport fan: he was one of the founders of the Costa Rica Rally Association and has been a board member of the Automobile Club of Costa Rica, of which he is now President. He is a member of the FIA Touring Car Commission and has been active in promoting training programmes for sports officials, focusing especially on safety. Mr Coen has also been an FIA International Steward for WTCR, WTCC, ETCC and Formula E.

Mr Coen said: “I am passionate about training and instructing new generations of stewards and race-day officials across all disciplines of motor sport. The ongoing digital evolution of e-learning has provided even more opportunities for aspiring official to improve their knowledge base and aspire to greater involvement.”

Mrs Ecclestone and Mr Coen represent and reflect the thinking of Ben Sulayem and his Leadership Team, of making the FIA more representative of its members and their concerns, bridging the needs of sport and mobility and addressing the issues of diversity, affordability and access across the Federation.

Mr Ben Sulayem said: “It is with great pleasure that I welcome the addition of Fabiana and Daniel to our talented and experienced team that is standing for election, and renewal, of the FIA in December. They are both active examples of what we are trying to achieve in bridging sport and mobility, creating educational and vocational opportunities for our members in the Americas, and indeed worldwide.”

Link: http://fiaformembers.com/fabiana-ecclestone-first-woman-candidate-for-sport-vp-post/

...so will we see Bernie back on the grid walk? Smiley

“FIA president Sulayem clarifies involvement of former F1 supremo Ecclestone”  C7BEAB03-A272-4B0C-AF73-D01AEAA5AA36.gif

(20 December 2021)

New FIA president Mohammed ben Sulayem says former Formula 1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone is not involved for him behind the scenes, despite wife Fabiana taking a senior position in his team.

Sulayem won last week’s FIA presidential election when he beat rival candidate Graham Stoker to the most powerful position in motorsport.

One of the early decisions during his campaign was to propose Fabiana Ecclestone as the candidate for vice-president for sport in South America.

The move was the first time in the FIA’s 117-year history that a female had been put forward as a vice president for sport.

Her involvement with Sulayem has prompted some suggestions that former F1 supremo Ecclestone could be on tap to offer some input and influence for the new president.

However, Sulayem has explained that Ecclestone has made clear to him that he has no interest in being involved, and is leaving all the FIA duties to Fabiana.

Asked about the potential involvement for Bernie Ecclestone, Sulayem said that Fabiana was chosen because of the impressive job she had done in Brazil rather than any links to her husband.

“This is history for the FIA, to have the first-ever female nominated in all our history,” he said.

“We're not talking about commissions: we're talking about the vice president [of sport].

“So when I approached them, I approached them not because of her name, I approached them because of her credibility. And the choice was made on merit.

“She has been involved in mobility in the club of Brazil, and she has been involved in the F1 of Brazil. So she has the sport and mobility side, and she has been in two of the Commissions, so her experience is there.

“Bernie said: ‘You have to convince her. It's nothing to do with me.’ So that was where his help stopped actually.”

Sulayem accepts that Bernie Ecclestone does have a wealth of experience that would be valuable, but he reckoned his current team was strong enough to drive necessary improvements.

“Bernie is a reference definitely to F1, and always you need the experience and we need the wisdom from people.

“But I believe we have a good team at the FIA and we have a good World [Motor Sport] Council that we can go back to and ask, and to help grow the sport and F1.”

Source: Autosport

Forza Bernie! Bring back good old racing without netflix, green ecology orientated blm idiots and crybabies. smiley

--

sportcars-history.com

There is only one baby constantly crying in this thread and that’s you my friend. 🥂

--

997.2 4S / BMW 745e / Donkervoort GT 

You can't ignore my posts. Its strangewink 

--

sportcars-history.com

Whoopsy:
    kudryavchik:

All season long Max had been getting away with stuff on track. So the one time he didn't and got penalized at Saudi GP he got grumpy and walk away from the podium is being compared to Hamilton's absence?

In Saudi Max has been putting his foot wrong all race long, it was all his fault. In Abu Dhabi Hamilton didn't put a foot wrong, he was robbed blind by Masi when Masi didn't follow proper procedure, the anger and disappointment are completely different. 

Toto isn't required to be there, Hamilton was. Hamilton missed the gala knowing something will happened and he doesn't care as nothing the FIA can dare dishes out he can't take. He felt like he doesn't have to respect an organization that doesn't respect their own rules. 

As for you hope of 'heavy' sanction, that's out the window. The new FIA President alreayd said on record if there is one coming, it will be financial instead of sporting. And if Hamilton decided to just hang it up, it will also be a moot point as Hamilton won't even have to pay the fine. ATM, he is having the last laugh.

By the rulebook, Masi do have full control on when to send out the safety car and when to bring it back, that point isn't in dispute right now. But safety car have it's own section in the rulebook on how it is being send out and how it can come in after the Race Director request the car to be brought in, it's a detail step by step process, which Masi 'forgot' to follow. 

Had he stopped the race early and do a red flag restart with a few laps shootout finish, no one on earth would have any problem with whoever wins the GP, be it Hamilton, Max or Sainz. That would have been fair racing and if Max came out on top, he would have his crown and glory for winning his first F1. But because of Masi skipping some steps, Max only got the crown, he doesn't have the glory that came with it as the race and the season will be forever marked with as asterisk for the controversial finish. FIA didn't help itself by not releasing a full explanation of their own fuck up, and instead blame the fans, the drivers, the teams, and the press for misunderstanding. 

Nobody was robbed, its a Merc mistake not to change the tyres. Latifi crashed, that happens.

On the red flag I tend to agree with you. Red flag should have been put immediately. However there will be always the matter for discussion. Its the humans work, humans can make mistakes or react later then needed. Easy to criticise. I remember well the amount of criticism on Pirro. Whiting also made lots of mistakes, so..

On Max championship - the stats live, not the details. Every champion had its controversies. What I know for fact, Ham will never be on the same level as MSC, Senna, Prost or Villeneuve. The amount of cups doesnt matter. 
    --

sportcars-history.com

You know what’s funny… not even Horner, Marko or Newey are pushing your narrative that Mercedes’ made a mistake… they are saying that Max deserved it on balance and they “got lucky”. 

thuggy:

You know what’s funny… not even Horner, Marko or Newey are pushing your narrative that Mercedes’ made a mistake… they are saying that Max deserved it on balance and they “got lucky”. 

And? Yes it was luck that Latifi crashed, VER made a pit and Ham not. Funny thuggy is to search the complaints for VER victory. Result is done, Max champ, there is no fight after the fight. Get over it.

--

sportcars-history.com

kudryavchik:
    thuggy:

And? Yes it was luck that Latifi crashed, VER made a pit and Ham not. Funny thuggy is to search the complaints for VER victory. Result is done, Max champ, there is no fight after the fight. Get over it.

--

sportcars-history.com

@could-dry dark-stick or whatever you call yourself, you need to face the reality that Hamilton has earned the right to be classified in the same league as the likes of Schum, Prost, Senna and the other greats of F1. I'm sure Ham will be back next year and hopefully all drivers will be on the same playing field in terms of car performance, then you'll see why he is classed amongst the best.

This season is done and dusted, quite unfortunate the way it ended but that's life, let's now focus on the season to come.

I think we have all agreed that Max is champ.  Over it? Nah, still miffed at the misfortune of a blown engine in Malaysia. Smiley

Yup Latifi and an 🐘 in the room you chose to ignore.

89 days till next season!

I think that if Hamilton and Wolff continue to dwell on the misfortune of the last GP of 2021, they are bound to lose next year too. This loss shouldn't become an obsession and a fixation for Driver and Team alike.

It was a series of fortuitous (not by intention) events after Latifi's crash that led the Title to Verstappen. The race shouldn't be stopped on Lap 52, because after the build-up to the Abu Dhabi showdown, this would seem even more of a joke.

We've seen many things happening in motorsport in the conclusion of a race even on the final lap, like blown engines blown tyres or someone being taken off by another competitor, a bit of rain on the wrong tyre compound etc. etc. What  happened to Hamilton is not unique. For him to win 7 championships means that besides his skills he must have had his share of good luck on several other occasions.

BTW it was a big mistake on behalf of the Mercedes-AMG duo not to attend the FIA event. They showed no respect for the sport they participate in and which has made them rich and famous. Big shame on the two individuals but more on Mercedes as a corporate entity, one of the biggest automotive organizations in the world. If I were the Mercedes CEO I would hand them both a large fine, irrespective of whether or not they should also face disciplinary action by FIA.

I am a fan of Hamilton and I've followed his career since the early days under Ron Dennis, but my thoughts above are besides the point.

--

"Porsche....and Nothing else matters"

thuggy:

I think we have all agreed that Max is champ.  Over it? Nah, still miffed at the misfortune of a blown engine in Malaysia. Smiley

Yup Latifi and an 🐘 in the room you chose to ignore.

89 days till next season!

Lets look what the new season brings:)

--

sportcars-history.com

Italo:
    kudryavchik:
    thuggy:

--

sportcars-history.com

@could-dry dark-stick or whatever you call yourself, you need to face the reality that Hamilton has earned the right to be classified in the same league as the likes of Schum, Prost, Senna and the other greats of F1. I'm sure Ham will be back next year and hopefully all drivers will be on the same playing field in terms of car performance, then you'll see why he is classed amongst the best.

This season is done and dusted, quite unfortunate the way it ended but that's life, let's now focus on the season to come.

Sorry Italo, your opinion is not interesting to me. I hope you are not angry that I haven't wasted my time to read your message, only to respond

--

sportcars-history.com

reginos:

I think that if Hamilton and Wolff continue to dwell on the misfortune of the last GP of 2021, they are bound to lose next year too. This loss shouldn't become an obsession and a fixation for Driver and Team alike.

It was a series of fortuitous (not by intention) events after Latifi's crash that led the Title to Verstappen. The race shouldn't be stopped on Lap 52, because after the build-up to the Abu Dhabi showdown, this would seem even more of a joke.

We've seen many things happening in motorsport in the conclusion of a race even on the final lap, like blown engines blown tyres or someone being taken off by another competitor, a bit of rain on the wrong tyre compound etc. etc. What  happened to Hamilton is not unique. For him to win 7 championships means that besides his skills he must have had his share of good luck on several other occasions.

BTW it was a big mistake on behalf of the Mercedes-AMG duo not to attend the FIA event. They showed no respect for the sport they participate in and which has made them rich and famous. Big shame on the two individuals but more on Mercedes as a corporate entity, one of the biggest automotive organizations in the world. If I were the Mercedes CEO I would hand them both a large fine, irrespective of whether or not they should also face disciplinary action by FIA.

I am a fan of Hamilton and I've followed his career since the early days under Ron Dennis, but my thoughts above are besides the point.

--

"Porsche....and Nothing else matters"

Very nice points Reginos! 

--

sportcars-history.com

Whoopsy:
    Lord_Driftalot:

It’s a real mess what happened today.

Lewis was out driving Max and any other driver today with ease, even when he has been blocked by Perez and lost more than 5s in one lap he still could drive away from Max w/o any problems and on top of it he had a gap of more than 10s for the last 5 laps when the accident happened.

Why didn’t Massi bring up VSC and let the race finish in style?

Max stood no chance anymore, in Spa when it was raining cats & dogs they finished a race which didn’t even start and in the final race on the final lap they let Max of the leach with brand new softs whilst Lewis had his >31 laps old hards?!?

Come on, that was so gross!

Max is a fantastic and extremely fast‘n aggressive race driver, but this ending wasn’t fair especially to Lewis!

Yes, I‘m a die hard LH fan but not because he‘s a multiple WC but because he drives within sporting regulations and (race track) limits (other than Max).

Very sad day for F1 and Motorsport 

You writing that just like how Max fans write about their guy against Hamilton. Completely homer-ish.

A VSC won't help Hamilton at the end. Only a red flag will. But it was only a single car incident so a red flag isn't warranted. 

Luck plays a big part in F1. More than you think. Mostly over time everything evens out. Remember last year at Silverstone? It was pure luck that Hamilton had the blow out where it was, or else Max could have caught and pass Hamilton for the win. Luck wasn't with Hamilton in Malaysia back in 2016, or else he would have won that year.

Last race at Saudi Lady Luck was shining on Hamilton where even after 2 impacts his front wing stayed intact to let him win the race. 

Hamilton made no mistake today, it's just.....luck, or lack of that he didn't win. 

After today, you bet Hamilton will be motivated for next year. Gunning for his 8th. And also conquering the new regulations. 

I had wanted Hamilton to win too, but I am also staying neutral, saying things as they are without sugar coating them. 

Max earned the win today. He never gave up. Even after finding out he likely won't catch Hamilton in time before the end. Never give up is a mark of champion, not every driver can do that. See Bottas. 

Agree. At the end it was a fantastic race which LH should most probably have won, and that Latifi crash was unforeseen. But, also underscores RB’s ability to take decisions quickly and aggressively, and bringing MV in for that final stop was with hindsight genius, albeit was a bit of a hail Mary…..

It's also interesting the temporal bias on how people judge the championship mostly on what happens on the last part of that very last race. If this Abu Dhabi had been the first race of the championship and they last race the Monaco or México race or any other where Max dominated, no one would be questioning him winning the championship.

Carlos from Spain:

It's also interesting the temporal bias on how people judge the championship mostly on what happens on the last part of that very last race. If this Abu Dhabi had been the first race of the championship and they last race the Monaco or México race or any other where Max dominated, no one would be questioning him winning the championship.

The season stats show the same:

https://www.givemesport.com/1802358-max-verstappen-vs-lewis-hamilton-stats-suggest-f1-champion-deserved-title

spudgun:

There is only one baby constantly crying in this thread and that’s you my friend. 🥂

Smiley

kudryavchik:
    Whoopsy:
    kudryavchik:

Nobody was robbed, its a Merc mistake not to change the tyres. Latifi crashed, that happens.

On the red flag I tend to agree with you. Red flag should have been put immediately. However there will be always the matter for discussion. Its the humans work, humans can make mistakes or react later then needed. Easy to criticise. I remember well the amount of criticism on Pirro. Whiting also made lots of mistakes, so..

On Max championship - the stats live, not the details. Every champion had its controversies. What I know for fact, Ham will never be on the same level as MSC, Senna, Prost or Villeneuve. The amount of cups doesnt matter. 
    --

sportcars-history.com

You do know I know the dude and he and I are buddies right?

Even I wouldn't put him in the same category Smiley

You really don't know much about racing do you?

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688925 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408890 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255611 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234862 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65451 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4638 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857715 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773662 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM