Crown

Board: Motor Sports Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: [2021] Formula 1

Inconsistent officiating once again.  

Well done for Masi to get the field sorted in order to get one racing lap done before the end.

But Max Max Max, another naughty moment on the straight, 3 change of directions?

As it stands, Max is WDC.

--

I am for Max, but its all not Racing. It is shit from racing point of view. Went to watch old good lemans and f1 from 70's and 80's)))

However F1 scenarists rules!

The only happiness LH can go home with his rainbow helmet and BLM friendsSmiley

--

sportcars-history.com

FRAUD!

HAHAHA!!! Wooooooo!!! Best man won the day! indecision wink

How ridiculous this was!!

Why didi Massi change his decision to have the lapped cars to overtake the SC?

At least Massi should have let DRS activated again so that Lewis would have had real shot, but with his old hard tyres he was a sitting duck to Max with his fresh softs

The results will stand, there isn't something there to change it.

Max had 2 bad lunges and weaving on sth straights on the last lap but there aren't any punishable offences. It's just Max being Max. 

Race Director also have absolutely power to dictate how restarts can go. Mercedes will just have to take it on the chin. 

--

About the one thing Mercedes could try to protest would be Max got really close to inching in front of Hamilton just before the restart, if he had actually did that, that would be a time penalty there. We saw how close he was to Hamilton on the live TV feed. 

--

Whoopsy, Max WC Ham - goes home)))

--

sportcars-history.com

Lost of words yes FIA enlightened

Yeah, I had no problem with Max winning the WDC, as long as he didn't cause anything on track to win it.

I am not a blind fan one way for another, unlike some others.

The race is a bit chaotic at the end with incidents. And the racing god is shining on Max to give him the best chance to try and win his first. 

I am trying to think of ways Mercedes could try to reverse the decisions and results but there aren't any good ones, like I said earlier, there isn't a punishable offence anywhere. 

This means more to Max than to Lewis. More to Red Bull than to Mercedes. Red Bull went all in for this year and they finally got the result they had hoped for. They will deal with 2022 when it comes. Max also finally got the monkey off his back. He is talented enough not to win one. Hamilton of course would be disappointed, not to win number 8, but he already have 7 of these sitting at home.

Since Hamilton isn't retiring, it will be interesting to see if he would change his driving style to mimic Max's next year since it would seems it is acceptable to drive like that. 

--

It‘s pure disgrace for the sport! Full stop.

Why didn‘t they put a VSC instead of the SC? 

Why did Massi change his mind just after the call from RedBull?

Lewis lost the race (almost) two times before, Perez was driving way to aggressive for a pay driver in a WC team, but as he was 1st at the moment he was allowed to do so.

Nevertheless this final lap wasn‘t good advertisment for a worldwide business like F1, that was rather like WWF wrestling - that wasn‘t fair. 

Shaich:

Lost of words yes FIA enlightened

Masi as the Race Director has no obligation to any team. His duty is to conduct the race.

With the Latifi accident so close to the end, he really only had 2 options, either throw a red flag and called it a day, or keep the safety car going and see what happens. The track marshals did a fantastic job clearing the wreck quickly, thus giving Masi a bit more wiggle room to see if he can have the race finial under racing condition instead of under safety car or worse, red flagged.

Filtering lap cars out is an option, not a requirement. He made the compromise of only filtering the lapped cars between Max and Hamilton as there just aren't enough laps left to filter every one. And that decision also came very late which annoys Toto.

--

Whoopsy:

Yeah, I had no problem with Max winning the WDC, as long as he didn't cause anything on track to win it.

The race is a bit chaotic at the end with incidents. And the racing god is shining on Max to give him the best chance to try and win his first. 

I am trying to think of ways Mercedes could try to reverse the decisions and results but there aren't any good ones, like I said earlier, there isn't a punishable offence anywhere. 

This means more to Max than to Lewis. More to Red Bull than to Mercedes. Red Bull went all in for this year and they finally got the result they had hoped for. They will deal with 2022 when it comes. Max also finally got the monkey off his back. He is talented enough not to win one. Hamilton of course would be disappointed, not to win number 8, but he already have 7 of these sitting at home.

Since Hamilton isn't retiring, it will be interesting to see if he would change his driving style to mimic Max's next year since it would seems it is acceptable to drive like that. 

Whoopsy, from pure racing point of view, this race was joke. F1 is not about racing and I tend to believe you know it. It was a good spectacle, very nice scenario, many many netflix and other soap opera makers documentaries to follow. 

I simply dont like Ham, do I like VER? - so so, nice racer, he is closer to me because he doesn't stay on knees:-)). I loved MSC, I like ALO and RAI.

I dont think there are any protests to follow, nobody will change the results and reverse as it is.

Waiting for the next season soap opera, and can't wait for 2023 Le Mans - pure racing.

--

sportcars-history.com

Lord_Driftalot:

Lewis lost the race (almost) two times before, Perez was driving way to aggressive for a pay driver in a WC team, but as he was 1st at the moment he was allowed to do so.

Nevertheless this final lap wasn‘t good advertisment for a worldwide business like F1, that was rather like WWF wrestling - that wasn‘t fair. 

No. Perez drive a perfect support role there. He isn't out of control like Max. Perez always raced fair. I had no problem on how he defended against Hamilton earlier. Not unlike the last time they went wheel to wheel. That is what 'hard racing' is about. Hard but fair. Every driver on grid love battles like that.

--

Whoopsy:
    Lord_Driftalot:

No. Perez drive a perfect support role there. He isn't out of control like Max. Perez always raced fair. I had no problem on how he defended against Hamilton earlier. Not unlike the last time they went wheel to wheel. That is what 'hard racing' is about. Hard but fair. Every driver on grid love battles like that.

Concur on this point.  The onus remains on Formula One and the FIA to streamline its regulations while ensuring that teams and drivers adhere to the regulations. Under the current milieu there is too much interpretation and lengthy decision periods.  

kudryavchik:
    Whoopsy:

Whoopsy, from pure racing point of view, this race was joke. F1 is not about racing and I tend to believe you know it. It was a good spectacle, very nice scenario, many many netflix and other soap opera makers documentaries to follow. 

I simply dont like Ham, do I like VER? - so so, nice racer, he is closer to me because he doesn't stay on knees:-)). I loved MSC, I like ALO and RAI.

I dont think there are any protests to follow, nobody will change the results and reverse as it is.

Waiting for the next season soap opera, and can't wait for 2023 Le Mans - pure racing.

--

sportcars-history.com

No one had any control on how the race unfold, who knew Latifi is going to crash, or Giovinazzi is going to retire there.

It's just part of a normal race weekend. Luck of the draw. If those incidents didn't happened, Hamilton might have cruised to victory. 

It's still a race. Did I like the result? No. But do I accept it? Yes. Spa isn't a race. This is. 

I always believe luck and roll of the dice will even out over the course of a season. The incident at the start? That's just something that finally go Hamilton's way. The lucky pitstops by Max to gain the tire advantage? That's part of racing strategy. Mercedes has those lucky breaks too during the season.

Rd Bull has the strongest car for this season, Max has been the most consistent with 18 podiums and 10 wins. Despite his poor driving standard, he still deserves to be champion. 

Maybe finally winning his WDC he will finally grow up and ease off on his questionable behaviour. I believe his borderline driving this year is due to him being desperate for his first title. 

--

throt said it above

Why, Lewis, let Mad Max on the inside again. Didn’t get his elbows out enough, again. This is the WC be decided with less than one lap.

Yes, Lewis has to finished but if it was me, I would have effed Max off a good few times this year.

Im so pleased Max did it though, taking on the mighty Merc, not bad is it 

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.

991 GT3.2 pick up April/May 2018. ( Hairy Chest Spec ).

Vauxhall Zafira 1.6 Exclusive pick up June 2013. ( Shit Box )

Rennteam Hairy Chest Advisor.

Lord_Driftalot:

, Perez was driving way to aggressive for a pay driver in a WC team

Lol. 

That was some great driving from Perez. Bottas should have done the same for Mercedes...

--

997.2 4S / BMW 745e / Donkervoort GT 

CGX car nut:
    Whoopsy:
    Lord_Driftalot:

Concur on this point.  The onus remains on Formula One and the FIA to streamline its regulations while ensuring that teams and drivers adhere to the regulations. Under the current milieu there is too much interpretation and lengthy decision periods.  

It's more like FIA tripping themselves over for trying to stay out of the way of the drivers. The rules are there for eons. They had been enforced strictly for the longest time, but for some reason this year they went off that. They set a precedence earlier in the year for the inside car to be at fault in Austria, which was the wrong decisions to start with, but for some reason at Brazil they didn't enforced that. Which they strangely do make up calls at Saudi. And then changed it again here at the start for between Max and Hamilton.

I firmly believe in law and order. If rules are there, enforce them. Doesn't matter if it will influence the race one way or another. By not enforcing the rules, they have already tilted the table towards the aggressor. 

--

spudgun:
    Lord_Driftalot:

, Perez was driving way to aggressive for a pay driver in a WC team

Lol. 

That was some great driving from Perez. Bottas should have done the same for Mercedes...

+ 1

Did Bottas take the day off today?

throt:

throt said it above

Why, Lewis, let Mad Max on the inside again. Didn’t get his elbows out enough, again. This is the WC be decided with less than one lap.

Yes, Lewis has to finished but if it was me, I would have effed Max off a good few times this year.

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

Fresh soft tires for VER versus hard tires that have 45+ laps and you expect HAM to successfully defend?   

throt:

throt said it above

Why, Lewis, let Mad Max on the inside again. Didn’t get his elbows out enough, again.

Hamilton always have to take the risk of Max barrelling into him to take him out in mind. 🤷🏻‍♂️

--

Toto not being very classy today. 

Whoopsy:
    throt:

throt said it above

Why, Lewis, let Mad Max on the inside again. Didn’t get his elbows out enough, again.

Hamilton always have to take the risk of Max barrelling into him to take him out in mind. 🤷🏻‍♂️

--

Lewis allowed Max, mentally, to have one over him, all through the season and Max knew this many races ago.

Mind games in all sport guys can be the deciding factor

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

JoeRockhead:

Toto not being very classy today. 

He earned that as much over the years.

He is also busy trying to go over the safety car restart regulations to see if there are any they can find.

I read over the same regulations too, had to in order to get a race license. Which is why I don't think they could have a case. 

--

throt:
    Whoopsy:
    throt:

throt said it above

--

Lewis allowed Max to have one over him, yes. Too kind to Max all season

Max is definitely in Lewis' mind every race. He always have to do a double take to see if Max will come in hotSmiley 

--

Said it before, and it's still true. Things even out over time.

Hamilton had won a WDC on the last lap, 2008, and people are still thinking Glock did it on purpose.

Now Hamilton lost it on the last lap. And people will talk about how the FIA conspire to gift Max the championship. 

Like Hamilton's 2008 triumph, Max's 2021 one will always have some asterisks put on by someone. As long as Max wins more, these noises won't matter. 

--

Whoopsy:
    throt:
    Whoopsy:
    throt:

throt said it above

--

Lewis allowed Max to have one over him, yes. Too kind to Max all season

Max is definitely in Lewis' mind every race. He always have to do a double take to see if Max will come in hotSmiley 

You said it, precisely my point,,, and Max’s Smiley

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

This is the result FIA wanted.

The whole season and the final result have revived interest in F1 after years of Mercedes/Hamilton domination, which is a good thing for the organizers, sponsors etc.. Verstappen's Championship has also sparked a great personal and team rivalry that will carry into next season and keep F1 fans excited.

I preferred Hamilton to win his 8th and to make history  but the turn of events on lap 54 and thereafter changed everything. A certain Nicholas Latifi went into the barriers yes

Nevertheless Verstappen is a rare talent and congratulations to him and to Newey and Horner. Furthermore, I expect that the Dutchman's appearance and profile will prove more marketable for F1 than Hamilton's. A new champion in a similar mould to Michael Schumacher.

Have Mercedes protested the result? I hate protests in sport. Results shouldn't be decided in offices but on the pitch or on the circuit.

--

"Porsche....and Nothing else matters"

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690098 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409520 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255869 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235109 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65605 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4651 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858264 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774427 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM