Crown

Board: Porsche - Cayman Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Cayman in RS Magazine - Carlos FS :)

Take a look at what I found in RS Magazine (French Porsche magazine). Something looking familiar Carlos?

Re: Cayman in RS Magazine - Carlos FS :)

It even got 3/5 in the credibility ranking.

What is the credilibilte. What does that mean really(credibility)?
    So basically this mag put some of the great drawings made on rennteam.com and put em there.
    Porsche should take some of these pics seriously, they are beautiful.

P.s. does the credibilite mean like how close it is to what its gonna look like or the probablitiy

By 'Crédilibilté' they mean how close it will most probably be to the real thing dsts6.

Nice looking machine!

I can't believe my eyes .

Obviously they adore Rennteam!

I wonder if they are planning their next special supplement
    of news from the obviously highly regarded Rennteam
    members.

Perhaps a few drawings of the upcoming Porsche 999 Minivan would enthrall them.

Unbelievable..the tok every pic from this site

Now that's funny

that's a little scary actually

Great find Rami, thanks!!

They cut out my signatures but at least the gave credit to Rennteam

Wow it's so cool!

I'd love to see my own thing being published in a car magazine! What's sad is that they only give credit to Rennteam and not the person who did it.

I guess they should ask first and contact the website to get the authorisation and the give the credit to the right person.

Anyway, it's WOW. Still can't believe it either

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:

Great find Rami, thanks!!

They cut out my signatures but at least the gave credit to Rennteam

Hi Carlos,

I find that outrageous really. They just basically stole your stuff You should contact them and ask for some money...

It would have been nice to see Carlos's sig on the picture indeed. I didn't post this scan to start a licensing riot or anything. I don't think Carlos cares too much about that tho, tell me if I'm wrong C!
    I would find it kind of an adrenaline rush to see any of my ideas of how a car should look like in a Porsche magazine

No problem really, as long as they gave credit to Rennteam. I don't think they did it on purpose since they left other sigs in but I don't like to ruin the pictures for everybody by putting my name right on the middle all over the car or too close to it. So I always put them on a corner which are easily cut out when cropped for publishing, and I think its what happened, its no big deal though I would of liked to see the sig. But as long as the name Rennteam its OK in my book.

And thanks again Rami for posting, it was nice to see the "GTS" in a Porsche magazine!! very cool, thanks!
    maybe Porsche can take a hint and build a GT3RS like Boxster/Cayman! would be a killer!

Now the question is, guys: for how much do we sue them?
    Any good lawyer here?

To be serious: I'm proud. But Carlos posted the pictures only because he wanted to start an interesting discussion, not because he wanted to suggest that Porsche produces this thing for real. So the whole "probability" stuff in the magazine is a bit...well...weird.

Well, if Porsche builds it, then we'll really be in an interesting position to influence future models

Thats crazy. I feel like someone is watching over us now. Its amazing what kind of play and power forums have. Also, Congrats Carlos! Pretty cool!

Quote:
    RC said:
    But Carlos posted the pictures only because he wanted to start an interesting discussion, not because he wanted to suggest that Porsche produces this thing for real.....

That is not true - Carlos wants this car just like the rest of Right Carlos ? Porsche just put this car on the street and spend some of the money the company is making on other products, it will not be cheap to produce with the gt3 engine, carbonfiber parts etc etc....YEEAAHA

Note that the full paper is on 4 pages. The two photos I posted on Rennteam under the title 'smoking Cayman' are in this paper as well.One photo, showing the car from the back with smoke is not modified at all, i.e. is showing the rennteam logo and my user name dg911. The other one, in fact just below Carlos' GTS is heavily modified (no more font,no smoke,no rennteam logo) and therefore difficult to identify.

Quote:
    RC said:

To be serious: I'm proud. But Carlos posted the pictures only because he wanted to start an interesting discussion, not because he wanted to suggest that Porsche produces this thing for real. So the whole "probability" stuff in the magazine is a bit...well...weird.

To be honest, if they would decide to build something simular to the CFS Cayman GTS I would order it right away! I still find it a truly remarkable photoshop. Once again an awesome job Carlos

Just by chance browsing through my dictionary, did you guys know what word is listed directly below "Cayenne"? Yep, "Cayman!". So the new Porsche saloon will probably be.....the next word down....

Quote:
    ///AMG Mercedes said:
    Just by chance browsing through my dictionary, did you guys know what word is listed directly below "Cayenne"? Yep, "Cayman!". So the new Porsche saloon will probably be.....the next word down....

Very interesting indeed

What the ....whos comming up with these names then, some kid studying for the national spelling bee. How could that be a coincidence.???

So what is the next word down...?

Quote:
    Mark Bennett said:
    So what is the next word down...?

Cayuga (Iroquois Indian of New York state)

and then

Cayuse (an Indian people of Washington/Oregon area. Also, a native range horse. I think Roy Rogers sang of the cayuse horse in his "Don't Fence Me In" song.

next is C battery so let's hope the're done introducing new models before we hit that.

What am I? Chopped designer liver?

What the hell!?!?!

I need to sue these guys. Think Ill send them a bill for making money on our work.
    I especially need to sue them for thinking my designs have no chance of becoming reality.!!!! French bastards!
    And I need to sue all you guys for not mentioning my strokes of genious. My milestonian designs! My legacy to human kind...
    Get that lawyer.
    Seriously. Had this been in Denmark, they would have a big bill to pay.
    RC? You friends with this magazine?

Re: What am I? Chopped designer liver?

Dr. Phil, I mentioned on another thread that I really like your drawings especially the Stretch RS version of the cayman and the clubsport for that matter. I was thinking that they should make the 911 midengine like you did in that green car you drew, it looks very good. Just thought I would give you some credit for that great work.

Quote:
    dsts6 said:
    Just thought I would give you some credit for that great work.

I thank thee, sire
    I'm just a bit ticked about this.
    In essence they take our work and use it for commercial purposes. They make money (spy shots and designs sell magazines) on our work without asking us if it's ok.
    I think they hope we all react like some do: "Wow! Somebody printed our Rennteam work! I'm proud". Well, I get things printed and published for a living, so I'm not that impressed or thankful.
    And I know that violating somebody's copyright is a bad thing.

What do you guys think?
    Is this ok? can you just pick anything off of the internet without asking and make a buck on it?
    Let me hear your thoughts.

I would draw a distinction between use that "makes a buck" and non-profit use. You frequently find postings on Rennteam of spy photos and press releases that originate elsewhere, but, no one profits from that use. Rennteam is not for profit and is commercial free. I think this sort of use by a non-profit group is generally OK as long as proper credit is given. Even here there are problem areas though so you have to be careful.

When a commercial organization uses someone else's work though, they profit from that use. This seems more wrong to me, and more legally wrong as well I think. Should it matter that the original work was not published for profit? These are all messy areas and the law is not always in agreement with what seems ethically right.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    780689 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442520 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263308 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261629 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85763 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5901 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881370 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    818721 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM