Crown

Board: Porsche Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Porsche Mission R...

Porsche Mission R track test video...  E0F26BDD-E91B-4EF4-964B-7C4204B9E420.gif

Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoLp245Kdmw

Smiley

Same look in a 960 with hybrid and 900 hp, maximum 1700 kg weight, for under 500k EUR and Porsche has a winner here. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)

RC:

Same look in a 960 with hybrid and 900 hp, maximum 1700 kg weight, for under 500k EUR and Porsche has a winner here. 

A winner with future warning/error messages popping up on the dash Smiley

Already seen it happen on other brands, EV / Hybrids are waaaay too overpriced + overrated at the moment and have a long way to go to get their shit sorted out Smiley

My new Taycan feels is a giant leap forward compared to any ICE car I have driven. Hard to imagine how it will be in a few years given how fast the development is going. Soon we will look back at ICE the same way we are fascinated by a steam train in a museum indecision

Then again, I did not have any error messages pop up smiley Maybe I change my mind then.

bluelines:

My new Taycan 4S, which I have introduced to other RT fellows in another thread,  Smiley feels is a giant leap forward compared to any ICE car I have driven. Hard to imagine how it will be in a few years given how fast the development is going. Soon we will look back at ICE the same way we are fascinated by a steam train in a museum indecision

Then again, I did not have any error messages pop up smiley Maybe I change my mind then.

sorry, weekend is about to start, couldn't resist....Smiley

What makes it a Great Leap Forward?

CGX car nut:

Common realization once you own an EV for a week. 
    For me and me only - The one advantage ICE cars have to a nice exhaust note in some case.  
    Other than that everything is a leap forward. 

d997h:
    bluelines:

My new Taycan 4S, which I have introduced to other RT fellows in another thread,  Smiley feels is a giant leap forward compared to any ICE car I have driven. Hard to imagine how it will be in a few years given how fast the development is going. Soon we will look back at ICE the same way we are fascinated by a steam train in a museum indecision

sorry, weekend is about to start, couldn't resist....Smiley

Smiley
    Photos and impressions are coming. Promise SmileySmiley

Leawood911:
    CGX car nut:

For me and me only - The one advantage ICE cars have to a nice exhaust note in some case.  

This. 

bluelines:
    Leawood911:
    CGX car nut:

This. 

Uni-dimensional reply just like an EV.

CGX car nut:
    bluelines:
    Leawood911:
    CGX car nut:

This. 

Sometimes when questions are answered honestly a simple Thank You is enough. 

Leawood911:
    CGX car nut:
    bluelines:
    Leawood911:
    CGX car nut:

This. 

Sometimes when questions are answered honestly a simple Thank You is enough. 

That was nothing more than a common response when someone has a new automobile and added no additional insight.  Therefore a Thank You isn't warranted.

Autocar conducted a comparison test between the Porsche Taycan and the Alpina B3.  https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/features/two-worlds-collide-porsche-taycan-vs-alpina-b3 Finally, here is comparison test that isn’t prone to Pavlovian like drooling over the EV because weight and compromised packaging of a large battery pack hinder the EV when compared with an accomplished ICE.  These differences won’t disappear for many years. 

CGX car nut:

Autocar conducted a comparison test between the Porsche Taycan and the Alpina B3.  https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/features/two-worlds-collide-porsche-taycan-vs-alpina-b3 Finally, here is comparison test that isn’t prone to Pavlovian like drooling over the EV because weight and compromised packaging of a large battery pack hinder the EV when compared with an accomplished ICE.  These differences won’t disappear for many years. 

Alternately, compare a Taycan to many of the cars you have previously owned and become a time traveler. Compare oranges to oranges, not race cars to 4-doors.

My Taycan Turbo is just as much fun scurrying around on back roads as was my Panamera Turbo (both are 4-doors).  The Taycan's throttle response and low speed instant acceleration make it far more satisfying to overtake opportune spots in flowing traffic than the Panamera ever thought about.  The instant (impressively instant) torque from a standstill makes entering a busy crossroad at a stop sign very reassuring, unlike cars that need to wind up first and might hesitate until fully alive.

It's no contest for me.  I don't have to have a race car as a daily driver.  But I do need a driver-first experience to win my respect.

--

Mike

918 Spyder + Taycan Turbo + Tesla Roadster 1.5 & Model S P100D AP2 + BMWs (Z8 + 3.0 CSi) + Bentley Arnage T

W8MM:
    CGX car nut:

Alternately, compare a Taycan to many of the cars you have previously owned and become a time traveler. Compare oranges to oranges, not race cars to 4-doors.

My Taycan Turbo is just as much fun scurrying around on back roads as was my Panamera Turbo (both are 4-doors).  The Taycan's throttle response and low speed instant acceleration make it far more satisfying to overtake opportune spots in flowing traffic than the Panamera ever thought about.  The instant (impressively instant) torque from a standstill makes entering a busy crossroad at a stop sign very reassuring, unlike cars that need to wind up first and might hesitate until fully alive.

It's no contest for me.  I don't have to have a race car as a daily driver.  But I do need a driver-first experience to win my respect.

--

Mike

918 Spyder + Taycan Turbo + Tesla Roadster 1.5 & Model S P100D AP2 + BMWs (Z8 + 3.0 CSi) + Bentley Arnage T

Whilst ceding to your point about increased responsiveness in the EV, I'm not quite sure that the Panamera and Taycan are in the same class as the Taycan is more mid class in interior volume when compared with the Panamera.  Most of the ICE cars in the Taycan's size class weigh significantly less.  

On a more positive note, I'm hoping for a Michigan Cincinnati Championship game.

W8MM:

Smiley

The future of motorsport - headache from the whistle

CGX car nut:

More use of Cobalt mined by exploited child miners in the Congo. Another proud leap forward by the virtue signaling brigade who seem to have no conscious or regrets. Much like customers for Confederate cotton during and before the American War between the States that was harvested by slaves.

JimFlat6:
    CGX car nut:

More use of Cobalt mined by exploited child miners in the Congo. Another proud leap forward by the virtue signaling brigade who seem to have no conscious or regrets. Much like customers for Confederate cotton during and before the American War between the States that was harvested by slaves.

The cotton trade is why Karl Marx wrote for the New York Tribune, owned by Lincoln’s close friend Horace Greeley.  The most appropriate license plate for an EV isn’t zero emissions but instead Powered by Children.  

CGX car nut:
    JimFlat6:
    CGX car nut:

The cotton trade is why Karl Marx wrote for the New York Tribune, owned by Lincoln’s close friend Horace Greeley.  The most appropriate license plate for an EV isn’t zero emissions but instead Powered by Children.  

You two are funny.  Your enemy is progress. Your victory is no prize. 

They are right. There is nothing progressive in ev. Take small battery and the engine from made in china toy. Connect the engine to battery - its your tesla (or taycan whatsoever)

Evs appeared in late 19th century, proved to be shit and were moved out by ice 

kudryavchik:

They are right. There is nothing progressive in ev. Take small battery and the engine from made in china toy. Connect the engine to battery - its your tesla (or taycan whatsoever)

As opposed to fire, like cavemen.  Lol. We can do this all day long. Ice, after decades of being shit was finally eliminated by electric power. 
    cheers buddy! 
    The history of battery powered cars in very interesting. There used be more EVs than ICE cars and you are totally correct that ice obviously took the lead.  Here is to holding out for a comeback kid one more time. 

Leawood911:
    CGX car nut:
    JimFlat6:
    CGX car nut:

Study your history and learn something for once.  

Topspeed:

Wow, that sound is really annoying, but I really am starting to like how it looks!

--

Porsche, separates Le Mans from Le Boys

This “sound” is torture. heart

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Leawood911:
    kudryavchik:

As opposed to fire, like cavemen.  Lol. We can do this all day long. Ice, after decades of being shit was finally eliminated by electric power. 
    cheers buddy! 
    The history of battery powered cars in very interesting. There used be more EVs than ICE cars and you are totally correct that ice obviously took the lead.  Here is to holding out for a comeback kid one more time. 

Yep, of course the progress. Drive 300 km and charge for several hours. Fuck this progress, its regress

Ice will not be eliminated, youll see;) current evs lead to energy disbalance. For all its own. For segway - li ion battery, for car - ice (oil and synthetic fuels) and, ok, if ev then hydrogen. Current evs are the dead end. It was obvious in 19th century and its obvious now. If all was for ev then the manufacturers didnt work on hybrids, hydrogen, ethanol and synthetic petrol. Even diesel has a future and niche. Simply not in personal cars. 

What do you have against caves and fire?))))

Have you guys looked at the Dakar and listen to the Audis ? angry

Gnil:

Have you guys looked at the Dakar and listen to the Audis ? angry

How was it? Loud?

I have heard that it has the same concept as large ore dump trucks. Ev for movement and ice (4 inline 2 liter dtm unit) for battery charge. Very inefficient concept with great energy loss, but necessary for dump trucks because of electric unit torque 

CGX car nut:
    Leawood911:
    CGX car nut:
    JimFlat6:
    CGX car nut:

Study your history and learn something for once.  

You seem to know little about me.  Not certain how you came to such a conclusion based on what I wrote. History is full of people who don’t understand technology and progress so you are in good company. I would not worry about me if you think batteries and electric cars are on the way out. 

btw - who makes all those cell phones and electronic gadgets in China and elsewhere?  Do we randomly select products made by child and forced labor to vilify?  Any thoughts on how hard companies are trying to avoid cobalt in batteries?  
    The arguments against EVs used to be generally logical, like ‘I miss the sound’ or the take too long to charge.  Now they are just stupid and insulting.  Some pretend that no advance in batteries or motors have been made since 1910.  While I enjoy a good debate this is more like debating a small child at times.  It will be best for me to just sit back and read ( in disbelief ). 

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688516 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408689 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255520 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234773 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65388 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4634 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857566 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773352 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM