Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

New Icona: Daytona SP3

DA60B7CD-B928-4635-947E-F8E43F3A0CB0.jpeg

https://www.ferrari.com/en-US/auto/ferrari-daytona-sp3?translate=true

Ferrari design has lost it. Smiley
    --

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Re: New Icona: Daytona SP3

ferrari-daytona-sp3-frontale.jpegdaytona_sp3_01.jpeg
    ferrari-daytona-sp3-interni1.jpeg
    ferrari-daytona-sp3-interni.jpeg
    ferrari-daytona-sp3-laterale.jpeg
    ferrari-daytona-sp3-posteriore.jpegI think it is one of those cars that we need to see in real life... I like the rear and profile. 

However, wonderful engine presentation with these two inductions in carbone (ni pics here sorry). 

What do you think guys?

Looks like the designers did a big line of coke and tried to recreate the mid 80's.

--

Past-President, Porsche Club of America - Upper Canada Region

What a disaster! heart

IMO the general silhouette is good, but some of the details are weird. 

Very limited edition car without a price tag. Invitation to buy only to the top Ferrari clients. Will Crayfile make the cut to get one assuming he wants one?

--

The purpose of life is to enjoy the moment.

nberry:

Very limited edition car without a price tag. Invitation to buy only to the top Ferrari clients. Will Crayfile make the cut to get one assuming he wants one?

What do you think Smiley. The car looks a lot better in person than in photos, especially the front. You have to crouch low to look at the front and then the design looks more cohesive. What's not to like about NA V12 mid engined Ferrari revving to 9,500 Smiley? One could argue that there is just too much going on design wise and have a point. However, the overall effect in person is just stunning. Remember the car is not supposed to be a restomod  pastiche of a 330 P3/4 (arguably the most beautiful LeMans car of all time) or 250 P5. It's a nod to those but very much its own and futuristic in its design. I can guarantee if you pull up behind one in traffic you will think Wow Smiley ! I think it will look best in light colours. I had play with the configurator on the confidential reveal night and was leaning to white even before the one that has been shown at Mugello this weekend in Bianco Italia Opaco.

20211121_093702.jpg

Dont know guys, but its nice. Some parts from 612 can am, some from 350 can am. Less 330р4. Nice car, nice

--

sportcars-history.com

crayphile:
    nberry:

What do you think Smiley. The car looks a lot better in person than in photos, especially the front. You have to crouch low to look at the front and then the design looks more cohesive. What's not to like about NA V12 mid engined Ferrari revving to 9,500 Smiley? One could argue that there is just too much going on design wise and have a point. However, the overall effect in person is just stunning. Remember the car is not supposed to be a restomod  pastiche of a 330 P3/4 (arguably the most beautiful LeMans car of all time) or 250 P5. It's a nod to those but very much its own and futuristic in its design. I can guarantee if you pull up behind one in traffic you will think Wow Smiley ! I think it will look best in light colours. I had play with the configurator on the confidential reveal night and was leaning to white even before the one that has been shown at Mugello this weekend in Bianco Italia Opaco.

I salute you. Having been in the Ferrari eco system for many years, I appreciate your status with Ferrari. Indeed, you’re in a rarified level. Smiley 

Oh, I love the car. No doubt it’s a statement car and other cars will disappear in its presence. Smiley

--

The purpose of life is to enjoy the moment.

I actually quite like the styling of this car.

crayphile:
    nberry:

Given the impecable spec of your SP1, I’m looking forward to see what you come up with for this one. Is this model then considered the successor to the LaFerrari? Or does the Icona series stand separate from that lineage? 

I like it too.....yes it polarising, to me I. a good way....

way to go cray kiss

Would love to have one of these - congrats wink

--

22 GT3 Manual, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 18 GT3 Manual, 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

I actually couldn't see any references to old Ferrari's except the Testarossa with the rear horizontal lines. 

The coke bottle shape in front of the rear wheels reminds me of F1 cars.

The overall shape seems to be a prettier version of LaFerrari.

Even the wide eye treatment is much better than the Roma, it doesn't look like Admiral Ekbar anymore.

But it just got that Ferrari 'vibe'. Take off all the badges and one look and it is obvious that it's a Ferrari. That's how Ferrari is suppose to be. 

I am quite drawn to the shape of this car. It's got that dynamic look, looks likes it's moving even when stationary.

Nothing on it really 'offend' my eyes, maybe perhaps the horizontal lines on the other front bumper, but very minor.

Think this car is begging for racing strips. Dual ones going up the bonnet and split up on either side of the engine cover and back together after. 

edit: @Crayphile the white display car has those stripes in shadow colour isn't it?

--

Enmanuel:
    Given the impecable spec of your SP1, I’m looking forward to see what you come up with for this one. Is this model then considered the successor to the LaFerrari? Or does the Icona series stand separate from that lineage? 

This is not the LaFerrari successor. It is number 2 out of 5 in the Icona series.

Whoopsy:

edit: @Crayphile the white display car has those stripes in shadow colour isn't it?

Yes, it's a silver or grey colour.

crayphile:
    Whoopsy:

Yes, it's a silver or grey colour.

👍

The shadow stripes looks very good. neat idea for your config hehe.

--

Whoopsy:

I actually couldn't see any references to old Ferrari's except the Testarossa with the rear horizontal lines. 

The coke bottle shape in front of the rear wheels reminds me of F1 cars.

The overall shape seems to be a prettier version of LaFerrari.

Even the wide eye treatment is much better than the Roma, it doesn't look like Admiral Ekbar anymore.

But it just got that Ferrari 'vibe'. Take off all the badges and one look and it is obvious that it's a Ferrari. That's how Ferrari is suppose to be. 

I am quite drawn to the shape of this car. It's got that dynamic look, looks likes it's moving even when stationary.

Nothing on it really 'offend' my eyes, maybe perhaps the horizontal lines on the other front bumper, but very minor.

Think this car is begging for racing strips. Dual ones going up the bonnet and split up on either side of the engine cover and back together after. 

Hi Whoopsy!

A pillar - enzo; windscreen - f50, upper rear - 350 can am; rear 612 can am. Thats what the most noticeable to me

Side curves - maserati birdcage ))))))

--

sportcars-history.com

I love the design, very unexpected, also in its propulsion. Wasn't expecting a mid-engined V12.

What I don't understand is the weight, how is it heavier than a LaF without the hybrid systems?

--

1988 Peugeot 205 Rallye / 2004 Porsche 996 GT3 RS  / 2018 Mercedes-AMG E63 S / 2020 Ferrari 812SF

My first impression was also that I didn't like it, but after having seen more pictures, I think I am sold! Especially the side profile is really nice. Not too sure about the strakes and the squared front bonnet, but I can imagine these are details that make much more sense in real life.

Is it based on a Le Ferrari, or is it a completely new car? I can imagine that under the skin it is a lot of La Ferrari, no?

--

Porsche, separates Le Mans from Le Boys

Porker:

What I don't understand is the weight, how is it heavier than a LaF without the hybrid systems?

I asked a similar question - did not get a meaningful answer. It is not heavier than a LaFerrari apart though.

Joost:
    Is it based on a Le Ferrari, or is it a completely new car? I can imagine that under the skin it is a lot of La Ferrari, no?

LaFerrari Aperta

Thanks Cray! kiss

--

Porsche, separates Le Mans from Le Boys

I think the chassis must be based on the LaF Aperta but if you look at the wheels, this car has five bolts instead of single nut system.  And a lot of shared parts with SF90 in the interior too.  Perhaps not as special a car as in LaF?

Jean:

I think the chassis must be based on the LaF Aperta but if you look at the wheels, this car has five bolts instead of single nut system.  And a lot of shared parts with SF90 in the interior too.  Perhaps not as special a car as in LaF?

The LaFerrari was in the Limited Series line 288 GTO,F40,F50, Enzo. This car is 2 out of 5 in the Icona line - a completely different brief and price point.

Enmanuel:

IMO the general silhouette is good, but some of the details are weird. 

+1

Porker:

I love the design, very unexpected, also in its propulsion. Wasn't expecting a mid-engined V12.

Perhaps because LaFerrari wasn't as light as Ferrari claimed in the first place?Smiley

--

The design inspiration is the Pininfarina Ferrari P5 of 1968.

Screen Shot 2021-11-22 at 15.32.53.png

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/11/24 6:53 AM
    GnilM
    752957 1796
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    430636 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258557 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255438 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79499 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5256 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868233 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    801770 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM