Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Tesla

CGX car nut:

Tesla fanboi warning-Don’t watch.  Everyone else, looks like FSD is regressing with each new version of it.  https://jalopnik.com/ex-jalop-takes-teslas-fsd-beta-for-a-less-than-impressi-1848085374

I had the fsd for a one month subscription for my drive to Austin and to try it out.  I’m not a fan of how it works except on the highway and for that the regular autopilot included with the car works better for my needs. While it is fun to have it change lanes for you it does not check for fast approaching traffic from the rear like I would. Maybe it does but I don’t pull out into the left lane if anyone is coming up on me. The Tesla seems to go for it as soon as it sees space even as that space is going to shrink soon.   At some point it will work for senior citizens, but the current generation of senior don’t like cars driving them, scares the crap out of my mom. I’m a driver so for me it is a fun science project I don’t need. It will prevent lots of needless accidents though because the system is good in the background as a safety net. 

RC - I thought you were going to show me a Tesla ad?  A tweet is not an ad. And since I have this in my car I can tell you that it is not the same as saying it is a track car meant for the race track.  This software allows you to alter traction control and power bias from front to rear or anywhere in between.  Putting that in the car just enables software control of things like more engine and battery cooling. It will then display tire temps and brake temps along with battery and motor status. 
    Still far far from Tesla advertising or implying even that this is a track car with track brakes.  Again, it would be cheap to slam huge brakes on the car but then you guy would realize it needs a roll cage, suspension, wings - you know - all that stuff the put on a new 911 street car to make it ready for the track.  What is again that Porsche puts on track cars?  All that stuff. Yet they advertise all models as track toys and sports cars so why so many types of brakes?  Are they being negligent?  

yes because not having a wing, track suspension and rollcage is the same as having a catastrophic brake failure at the end of a straight... like I said, if only you could read yourself like others do ​​​​​​ 1331921569018Popcorn_Smiley_by_Probocaster.gif

Carlos from Spain:

yes because not having a wing, track suspension and rollcage is the same as having a catastrophic brake failure at the end of a straight... like I said, if only you could read yourself like others do 

I think you are confusing brake failure with driving too fast for the situation.  Stop pretending that the driver is not in control of the throttle and the brakes.   Any car can run out of brakes.  Tesla does more to be safe than any other car company.  If you need more brakes buy some.  Just like people do for Porsches they put on the track.  
    Or any track car.

At this point - given the topic - Tesla has won.  End of story.  You guys sound like you are trying to convince your girlfriend that a big dick is dangerous.  

Carlos from Spain:

yes because not having a wing, track suspension and rollcage is the same as having a catastrophic brake failure at the end of a straight... like I said, if only you could read yourself like others do ​​​​​​ 1331921569018Popcorn_Smiley_by_Probocaster.gif

Leawood911:
    Carlos from Spain:

yes because not having a wing, track suspension and rollcage is the same as having a catastrophic brake failure at the end of a straight... like I said, if only you could read yourself like others do 

I think you are confusing brake failure with driving too fast for the situation.  Stop pretending that the driver is not in control of the throttle and the brakes.   Any car can run out of brakes.  Tesla does more to be safe than any other car company.  If you need more brakes buy some.  Just like people do for Porsches they put on the track.  
    Or any track car.

At this point - given the topic - Tesla has won.  End of story.  You guys sound like you are trying to convince your girlfriend that a big dick is dangerous.  

"any car can run out of brakes"... "if you need more brakes then buy some"... "driver is in control of the throttle and brakes"..... "it's not brake failure, it's driving too fast".... "Tesla has won"...

emojisky.com-1089173.png

Carlos from Spain:
    Leawood911:
    Carlos from Spain:

Or any track car.

"any car can run out of brakes"... "if you need more brakes then buy some"... "driver is in control of the throttle and brakes"..... "it's not brake failure, it's driving too fast".... "Tesla has won"...

emojisky.com-1089173.png

You making him so happy. right now Smiley

--

I wore you guys down!  Thanks for the summary of reality. 
    Don’t worry. There is a story on Drudge right now about Tesla sexually harassing female and black employees. 
    And Elon made a joke about naming his new tech school Texas Institute of Technology and science.  Get it, TITS. Thank god no one has heard of Friends University of Central Kansas. 

Have an amazing Friday guys! 

the bullying is strong on the Tesla (fun nonetheless indecision) but what a shame to see where are the European cars compared to just few years ago...mail shame!

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual

Cayenne GTS 2014

Ten times more shocking to see where is Mercedes. Didn’t expect Tesla to be in front.

--

AM

ALDO:

Ten times more shocking to see where is Mercedes. Didn’t expect Tesla to be in front.

Mercedes hasn't been on top or front half of lists for a long longtime now.

Their push for more volume have really hurt their quality. 

--

Whoopsy:
    ALDO:

Mercedes hasn't been on top or front half of lists for a long longtime now.

Their push for more volume have really hurt their quality. 

The best or nothing! 😉

--

AM

I wonder if in these reliability reports the various faults receive a weighting according to how crucial or expensive they are to rectify? Or they just take into account visits to the workshop/days off the road, which are a nuisance nevertheless but they don't always relate to serious failures. There is a difference between replacing a sensor or a sound system speaker and replacing your drivetrain, for example.

I take these consumer reports with a pinch of salt.

From my experience all the cars I owned in the last 20 years had been from all the German owned brands and very satisfactory in terms of reliability, including 2 Porsches with the allegedly notorious M96 engines.

Personally, I wouldn't go near a Lexus even if it came with a lifetime guarantee.

--

"Porsche....and Nothing else matters"

reginos:

I wonder if in these reliability reports the various faults receive a weighting according to how crucial or expensive they are to rectify? Or they just take into account visits to the workshop/days off the road, which are a nuisance nevertheless but they don't always relate to serious failures. There is a difference between replacing a sensor or a sound system speaker and replacing your drivetrain, for example.

From my experience all the cars I owned in the last 20 years had been from all the German owned brands and very satisfactory in terms of reliability, including 2 Porsches with the allegedly notorious M96 engines.

Personally, I wouldn't go near a Lexus even if it came with a lifetime guarantee.

well you did not enjoy 3 engines in the 991.1 GT3 then Smiley but I did and got a sour taste to be honest. less than 16k kms before I just sold it.

the 991.2 looks solid but I do not have even 10K kms on the clock to confirm...

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual

Cayenne GTS 2014

the-missile:
    reginos:

well you did not enjoy 3 engines in the 991.1 GT3 then Smiley but I did and got a sour taste to be honest. less than 16k kms before I just sold it.

the 991.2 looks solid but I do not have even 10K kms on the clock to confirm...

You must be happy that this spell of bad luck was exhausted on a car Smiley

I suppose all were exchanged under warranty.

--

--

"Porsche....and Nothing else matters"

reginos:

You are on to something. When I read into the details of the Tesla faults last year they included people who simply die not understand the operation of the car and had questions. Not problems.   I would assume the same this year. Let’s face it the top of the list looks like cars none of us would buy without hype like this for them. 

Leawood911:

Don’t worry. There is a story on Drudge right now about Tesla sexually harassing female and black employees. 
    And Elon made a joke about naming his new tech school Texas Institute of Technology and science.  Get it, TITS. Thank god no one has heard of Friends University of Central Kansas. 

Half time recess is over. Smiley

https://bgr.com/tech/watch-teslas-full-self-driving-mode-almost-kill-a-cnn-reporter/

--

I wonder how this feature was not blocked. Really dangerous.

--

sportcars-history.com

Whoopsy:
    Leawood911:

Half time recess is over. Smiley

https://bgr.com/tech/watch-teslas-full-self-driving-mode-almost-kill-a-cnn-reporter/

Maybe you have not read my thoughts on FSD.   I would not use in the city. 

kudryavchik:

And this is why you can’t have anything nice. It is a beta program which you need to apply for and then be approved for. Anyone abusing it does it get it blocked. You also agree to all sorts of legal agreement that you will pay attention and that you understand the risks. Standard grown up stuff which depends on responsible adults. Not hard to understand but it sure is easy for fake news to scare the shit out of people.  So easy.  But of course the news pretends all Teslas are out there with fsd running into small children and pregnant women ( and pregnant men too of course). They won’t print an article about how safe they are. 
    So what is the result _ ‘I wonder why it t is not blocked’   Wonder indeed. Cause it is blocked. 

Another Plaid crash at a track. Brake failure.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWha_mZFc6s/

Don't worry, an OTA will fix that right up...

https://insideevs.com/news/549323/electric-ship-yara-maiden-voyage/

This is what Tesla should be focusing on instead. Actually all governments. Instead of picking on cars that emit net to nothing, go after ocean shipping first. Those are the biggest emitters and even a small advance means a lot of gains. 

Ocean going freight emits like a billion tons of CO2 a year. Just imagine all those are electric or at least partially.

This one vessel replaces over 40,000 diesel tractor trailer trips a year. Diesel truck emits what, 100 times more emissions than a modern gasoline car? That's 4 million cars worth of emission gone. 

It's autonomous too. FSD, and it would seems the FSD on the ship is working far better than the 'assisted' FSD that's not actually FSD on Teslas. Logical. On the ocean there aren't unpredictable drivers, nor constantly changing lane conditions and alignments, No pedestrians that suddenly pops out form no where, no crazy cyclists to avoid. 

Oh and the ship self park also. 

--

Leawood911:
    kudryavchik:

And this is why you can’t have anything nice. It is a beta program which you need to apply for and then be approved for. Anyone abusing it does it get it blocked. You also agree to all sorts of legal agreement that you will pay attention and that you understand the risks. Standard grown up stuff which depends on responsible adults. Not hard to understand but it sure is easy for fake news to scare the shit out of people.  So easy.  But of course the news pretends all Teslas are out there with fsd running into small children and pregnant women ( and pregnant men too of course). They won’t print an article about how safe they are. 
    So what is the result _ ‘I wonder why it t is not blocked’   Wonder indeed. Cause it is blocked. 

Beta or not. We call every sh_tty product as a beta. Boeing 737 max was also beta. But people suffered. 

--

sportcars-history.com

kudryavchik:
    Leawood911:
    kudryavchik:

Beta or not. We call every sh_tty product as a beta. Boeing 737 max was also beta. But people suffered. 

You lost me here. Wow. Let me again remind you of the thousands of people who die in car accidents each year and the remarkable safety record Tesla has vs all the rest.  
    The beta program exist in a very restricted manner for people who paid tons of money for it.  If someone does not take these first steps then how do we ever implement changes?  We should end all beta programs because of the MAX crashes and because Tesla FSD is not flawless?  
    Again - if you don’t like it then don’t buy it.  Don’t pretend everyone on the street is in jeopardy. 

Leawood911:  If someone does not take these first steps then how do we ever implement changes?  

The safe thing to do is to wait until those changes are safe and out of beta stage before implementing them into regular drivers driving around other drivers and pedestrians, there is a reason why all the rest of the industry is doing precisely just that except Tesla. 

Carlos from Spain:
    Leawood911:  If someone does not take these first steps then how do we ever implement changes?  

The safe thing to do is to wait until those changes are safe and out of beta stage before implementing them into regular drivers driving around other drivers and pedestrians, there is a reason why all the rest of the industry is doing precisely just that except Tesla. 

The beta testers are a tiny number of computer geeks and corporate/ press adversaries. Do you not see at all that these dangers are overblown and part of a narrative? How many pedestrians have been hurt or killed? The. In the real world ICE cars kill people every hour of the day.   You don’t think every car you have owned in the past has been a beta of some type.  Do this years safety improvements not imply last years model is dangerous?. None of the tech you currently use is 100% safe and none of the cars you drive are currently as safe as a Tesla. 
    Claiming Tesla is the exception using the public as beta testers and the only company risking our lives should tell you a lot. You ask me to listen to myself. 
    Im not defending FSD. It needs a lot of work because it is slow and ultra conservative due to the obvious dangers.  An enthusiast driver will not use the system when it does not make sense.  On the highway it is incredible - I use it all the time.  I value the option to choose  

My argument is in principle only and related to the obvious narrative I think we can all admit is not only real but clearly originated by the competition. I can’t blame them for doing what they need to do but I don’t need to trust it being true all the time.  What you are seeing is a disruptive technology causing a few ripples. Enjoy the spectacle and follow the money

The only narrative everyone (except Tesla fanboys) sees is one greedy corporation that only cares about their money coming in, over their customers. Not just the safety aspect, but also build quality and material usage. 

Not saying other companies aren't looking out for profit, but they at least gives you better build quality and material usage in exchange for the hard earned dollars. 

--

Leawood911:
    Carlos from Spain:

The beta testers are a tiny number of computer geeks and corporate/ press adversaries. Do you not see at all that these dangers are overblown and part of a narrative? How many pedestrians have been hurt or killed? The. In the real world ICE cars kill people every hour of the day.   You don’t think every car you have owned in the past has been a beta of some type.  Do this years safety improvements not imply last years model is dangerous?. None of the tech you currently use is 100% safe and none of the cars you drive are currently as safe as a Tesla. 
    Claiming Tesla is the exception using the public as beta testers and the only company risking our lives should tell you a lot. You ask me to listen to myself. 
    Im not defending FSD. It needs a lot of work because it is slow and ultra conservative due to the obvious dangers.  An enthusiast driver will not use the system when it does not make sense.  On the highway it is incredible - I use it all the time.  I value the option to choose  

My argument is in principle only and related to the obvious narrative I think we can all admit is not only real but clearly originated by the competition. I can’t blame them for doing what they need to do but I don’t need to trust it being true all the time.  What you are seeing is a disruptive technology causing a few ripples. Enjoy the spectacle and follow the money

That's all just a lot of whataboutism to deflect from the real issue and that is that they are using regular Joes on public streets to test rough beta autonomous driving software that they claim and portray as almost ready to make matters worse and it's far from it, all to take shortcuts and save development costs of doing it the right way like everybody else is doing.

What's more the drivers and pedestrians around those beta testers have not signed up to be part of the testing yet they are part of it and unknowingly assuming risks because if a beta tester has an accident, they can be involved in it because they are using public roads.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    764656 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    436697 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    261133 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    258040 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    82693 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5329 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

877064 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    809166 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM