Crown

Board: Porsche - Cayman Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: GT4RS

the-missile:

When is the spyder going to be unveiled?

2023 model 

--

964 Carrera 4 /  997.2 C2S -20mm /  991.2 GT3 RS stolen 

Whoopsy:
    the-missile:

After the GT4RS.

How's that?

More precise timing than Porsche. 

SmileySmileySmileySmileySmiley

Not sure how they will play the interesting airbox behind the head on the spyder. I am curious to see what they will offer with the RS badge, it should be something special as well. Smiley

GT4RS first Smiley

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual

Cayenne GTS 2014

the-missile:
    Whoopsy:
    the-missile:

After the GT4RS.

How's that?

Not sure how they will play the interesting airbox behind the head on the spyder. I am curious to see what they will offer with the RS badge, it should be something special as well. Smiley

GT4RS first Smiley

Did we have a member that was asking to have an RS convertible and we were all laughing at him Smiley

--

Gnil:
    the-missile:
    Whoopsy:
    the-missile:

After the GT4RS.

How's that?

GT4RS first Smiley

Did we have a member that was asking to have an RS convertible and we were all laughing at him Smiley

Still, do not get it why a Spyder RS should follow ...the side (window) air intakes alone would ruin the overall layout of the spyder...well, who cares ? This is a GT4RS thread and I do like this bloody car ! And, to put some salt into a "track equipment must have" discussion, I would forego the club sport package and order the sport seats ! angry

the question is titanium cage or steel one?

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual

Cayenne GTS 2014

You can't upgrade the titanium cage to a full cage, fwiw.

--

2018 White 911 GT3

Whoopsy:
    Grant:
    Whoopsy:
    Grant:

SandBagged? Porsche Cayman GT4 RS vs 992 GT3 ANALYSIS - YouTube

The GT3 is just so much more stable at the limit than the GT4RS. 

Until the new GT3RS comes along, the GT4RS is right now Porsche's best driver's car. Agile mid engine platform that can dance to the driver's input. Peddle shifter on the wheel means 100% connection with the car and gearing at all times. Literally dream machine.

It will be refreshing to drive a different layout car after spending so many years taming the rear engine 911s. They had become quite a pussy cat now that Porsche had defied physics and made rear engine layout work. 

Looking forward to your review Smiley

I should be doing European delivery. Wanted to schedule it around another Porsche Circle driving event. But if I do indeed go for PTS then all bets are off when the production will be 😂

Right now I am being pressured by my peers to have me drop the sofa seats and go back to buckets like last time out with the GT2RS. On the fence atm, maybe I will change it back to buckets and take sofas with the RS Spyder.

Nick, bucket seats provide me more feedback of the road and balance of the car.Smiley

--

The purpose of life is to enjoy the moment.

Whoopsy:
    Leawood911:
    Whoopsy:

I think I am going to name my GT4RS. It's going to be Pocket Rocket.

The only other car I named was the Exclusive. Duracell. 

Not even the 918 got a name. Out of the 60+ cars I have ever owned, these are the only two. 

My wife named the Turbo x- lax for obvious reasons related to my driving.  Her little Honda HRV is Hercules and the Tesla is the first one I named - Ayrton. 
    I doubt my dealer will have any available it I might as well get on another 20 year list. 

You never developed a proper relationship with your Porsche dealer 🤷🏻‍♂️

It's like walking up to a completely stranger in a bar asking to fuck her straight up. 99.9% of the time you gonna be rejected. But had you send the time to buy her a drink or two or three and chat and dance and stuff, your chances of scoring a hit will be much greater. 

I’m not interested in a relationship with a car dealer. Lol. I have a relationship with my money and my family. My dealer is a piece of crap even with warranty service. There is no point.  There is no value in me giving him money to spend money.  We have a saying - ‘and the hooker loves you …’.  At least you understand, as do I, that the only difference between us is that you gave them tons of money. It is not your special charm.  That kind of love does not interest me at all. 
    Btw - my odds on the straight up question for sex is way better than 50%. Way better. In fact that is my best move.  Maybe that’s what I expect from dealers and why I love the Tesla buying experience.   Did I mention I met my wife when she asked me to dance?  I was 46 she was 27. 

I do like the sport seats simply because I can adjust the backrest just a tiny bit to account for wearing the helmet on track...

No bad, almost 172000 EUR for a Cayman... angry

This doesn't even include everything possible. Add magnesium wheels and whatnot and you end up close to 200000 EUR. Ouch.

18-11-_2021_16-24-20.jpg

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)

Still cheaper than GT3…indecision and prettier 

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual

Cayenne GTS 2014

nberry:
    Whoopsy:
    Grant:
    Whoopsy:
    Grant:

SandBagged? Porsche Cayman GT4 RS vs 992 GT3 ANALYSIS - YouTube

The GT3 is just so much more stable at the limit than the GT4RS. 

Until the new GT3RS comes along, the GT4RS is right now Porsche's best driver's car. Agile mid engine platform that can dance to the driver's input. Peddle shifter on the wheel means 100% connection with the car and gearing at all times. Literally dream machine.

It will be refreshing to drive a different layout car after spending so many years taming the rear engine 911s. They had become quite a pussy cat now that Porsche had defied physics and made rear engine layout work. 

Looking forward to your review Smiley

I should be doing European delivery. Wanted to schedule it around another Porsche Circle driving event. But if I do indeed go for PTS then all bets are off when the production will be 😂

Right now I am being pressured by my peers to have me drop the sofa seats and go back to buckets like last time out with the GT2RS. On the fence atm, maybe I will change it back to buckets and take sofas with the RS Spyder.

Nick, bucket seats provide me more feedback of the road and balance of the car.Smiley

haha Nick, that's your mind thinking it does and trying to justify the seats. I do really suggest you go sign up and try one of Porsche's ice driving experience. All the cars run on the sport seats yet you can still feel how much or how little the car is moving. It is a superb feeling once you find the balance point and make the car dance on ice, sliding sideways one way then the other. or keeping a drift going on a circle for minutes until you get tired of it. 

Once properly adjusted, the 18-way cradle you just as much as the 918 buckets. But with more comfort. and the sensation doesn't change. There is a big weight difference between the 2 different seats but in the grand scheme of things those weight didn't matter. 

--

the-missile:

Smiley  that answer will also solve alcantara dash board or leather ? 

--

Whoopsy:

Please tell me more Smiley

What's ice?SmileySmiley

--

The purpose of life is to enjoy the moment.

nberry:

What's ice?SmileySmiley

haha something San Diego don't have!

Porsche's Finland program is their biggest and best. But they also have a wonderful team at Quebec also, I know most of those working, you going to have a great time there Smiley

--

Gnil:
    the-missile:

Alcantara dash indecision I wanted it on 991.2 GT3 but got told to wait for 6 months test, I gently declined. Now it is perfect occasion, RS is RS. 

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual

Cayenne GTS 2014

the-missile:
    Gnil:
    the-missile:

Alcantara dash indecision I wanted it on 991.2 GT3 but got told to wait for 6 months test, I gently declined. Now it is perfect occasion, RS is RS. 

You can actually have the Weissach package with a steel cage. 

You only get the alcantara dash with the WP however. 

In other words, you can have a steel cage with either leather or alcantara, but a titanium cage only with alcantara.

--

2018 White 911 GT3

I wonder when we will see the first GT4 with the RS wing, the front seems to be not that much different…

d997h:

I wonder when we will see the first GT4 with the RS wing, the front seems to be not that much different…

…or a Touring Smiley

--

2016 Porsche 981 GT4 | Racing Yellow
    2018 Audi S6 Avant | Ibis White

Gauss:
    the-missile:
    Gnil:
    the-missile:

In other words, you can have a steel cage with either leather or alcantara, but a titanium cage only with alcantara.

I had steel cage on my WP  3RS . 

You can also have a titanium cage with leather Smiley But you will have to have a black hood to have the alcantara dashboard. Smiley 

--

Gnil:
    Gauss:
    the-missile:
    Gnil:
    the-missile:

You can also have a titanium cage with leather Smiley But you will have to have a black hood to have the alcantara dashboard. Smiley 

I hope you're getting one. Or waiting for the 3RS?

Gnil:
    Gauss:
    the-missile:
    Gnil:
    the-missile:

I stand corrected. Thanks Smiley

--

2018 White 911 GT3

bluelines:
    d997h:

…or a Touring Smiley

Smiley

Gnil:
    the-missile:

2023 model 

The first RS convertible in Porsche's history.

What about 718 RS60?

7388B4DD-2F8A-4B5D-AC59-F20747CA4A44.png

--

22 GT3 Manual, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 18 GT3 Manual, 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

Many german customers are complaining because their Porsche centers are obliging them to buy the silly watch if they want the GT4 RS.

--

2018 White 911 GT3

--

2018 White 911 GT3

Gauss:

Many german customers are complaining because their Porsche centers are obliging them to buy the silly watch if they want the GT4 RS.

--

2018 White 911 GT3

Each and every Porsche center in Germany has its very special clientel buying new GT cars every year, can't believe that they are being asked to buy a watch ... forego turnover from a frequent GT car buyer just because of a single sale of a watch ? ... this would be stupid in my opinion ...

Gauss:

First, they charge ridiculous prices and now they are giving out orders if you plan to buy their GT car ?

Unbelievable, how greedy have they become ? Smiley

I bet the 992 GT3 RS order will require the purchase of their eBike Sport + Cross Smiley

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    775026 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    440488 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262129 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260359 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    84859 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5446 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

879522 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    814383 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM