Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Porsche Sport Exhaust - review and pictures

THANX for the video RC but i think i m the only one that did not get the impression of the sound,maybe it was the place of recording.Also due to the fact that it was recorded inside(i think a dealership) makes the sound seem louder than it actually is outside.
    Moreover, i m afraid i was not impressed.maybe still was the place of recording

thanks for the videos, how many HP that this sport exhaust give

It is a bit like trying to record a demo of a sub-woofer and play that back via an mp3 through the speakers on your monitor.. You only get a very small part of the sound (and not necessarily one that is very representative).

A big part of the difference the PSE makes will be in the movement of the air at the back of the car. You just can't capture/replay that sound. Guess, If you want to here it, you'll need to go to a dealership that has one in!

...Add

Quote:
    Dilinger said:
    something that ticks my mind
    BTW i heard that on a 996 with a sport exhaust if you placed also the sport tailpipes the sound was even better?
    Can anyone confirm this because i cant find any logic on it.
    The only explanation i was given was that the sports tailpipes were enhancing the sound via their special inside design which helped to spread the sound and thus be more loud

This could be due to the increased diameter (if there is any). I experienced this in the past with different exhaust pipes on the VW Beetle!

Quote:
    RC said:
    4. I like the rims but I don't like that chrome.

The rims are way too flashy, too much "West Coast Customs"...

Besides that the car sits way too high, at least the 20mm option should have been used!

RC,

Thank you for all this which makes me think about fitting PSE on my 997.

The colour combo of that car is quite nice. Is this cobalt blue ?

Re. the rims, like Ferdie I don't like them at all. SportDesign wheels would have been much nicer from my point of view.

They should have made the pipes equal in diameter. Both larger would have been hot. It looks kinda strange that way. Un tidy in a way. I thought the sport exhaust was going to come with the same size tail pipes but with chrome. I wonder if you can replace those tips with the regular chrome tipes.

Rossi,
    I'm with you on this....I don't like the different size exhausts...different for the sake of being different.

Quote:
    Stradale said:
    They should have made the pipes equal in diameter. Both larger would have been hot. It looks kinda strange that way. Un tidy in a way.

Yeah, I'm not crazy about the look of the tailpipes. Maybe if I see it enough times, I'll change my mind.

Quote:
    jfraser said:
    I don't like the different size exhausts...different for the sake of being different.

That hits the nail right on the head! Why do they have to do such things? Looks ridiculous and there's absolutely no need for it.

I think they look rather cool - better than the standard C2S pipes but not as good as the C2 pipes.

cool, thanks for the information!

Well, I don't like the different sizes of the exhaust pipes too but the bad news is: you can't fit the "old" Carrera S exhaust pipe instead.
    Regarding the car on the picture: this is a Tiptronic(!) car which is owned by a woman(!). I guess for a nice woman, this car is not too flashy. The rims are imported from the US, a special order and the tire size is OEM size incl. N-rated OEM tires/sizes. You guys should see the interior...you get the shock of your life.

Don't tell me the interior has pink stiching - show us pics

Okay....I can see powder blue seatbelts....Why do I know the good taste Police are going to make an arrest here

Yes, it is cobaltblue.

The horrible taste is, that the car will get the aero-kit cup and it is a tiptronic car, driven by a housewife!

Quote:
    KF said:
    Yes, it is cobaltblue.

The horrible taste is, that the car will get the aero-kit cup and it is a tiptronic car, driven by a housewife!

I'm planning to ask her if the exhaust isn't too loud and maybe she wants to switch with mine?!

Try it...

Can someone tell me how long this will still take ?
    I ve been a waiter since last year. they delayed my car because of the missing PSE for 3 months. now i have the car and waited for another 4 months.
    That are 7 months in total!! (Thank you calculator!)
    Who has an answer that doesnt hurt ?

well nobody knows!!

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    Quote:
    Alex18_996CC said:and going Saturday and Sunday to see Moto GP in Spain!!!

OK, I really really hate you right now! ... give a cheer to Rossi and Pedrosa for me

Well, I'm back!!! , a week or so without rennteam was killing me .

It was a very exciting weekend in Jerez!!(my first time going to a moto gp race too and also to Jerez circuit), I do have to say that I've never spend so much time in my entire life in a car, more than 4hours to enter the crcuit and 5hours to leave the circuit+the hours of Madrid-Sevilla and way back , but well I think hearing those moto gp engines+the the new M5 safety car was worth it !!..Rossi was , but well he'll better prepare for this Sunday!...Me and my friends were at the end of the main straight, so the view was perfect..

BTW:I've never seen so many bikes together..I had the chance to see a MV Augusta bike very special sportbike(or that's what my friends told me )..
    Cheers

The car was ordered in August 2004 and was delievered in April 2005.

Personally, I think the larger tail pipe should be on the inside..

either way i believe the looks aint exactly the best, just to differentialte they procceded to a medium solution

Sorry if already talk about, but my english is poor...can you tell me if this Original Sport Exaust will be available also for Porsche 997 "not S" type?

yes it will be, actually it already is.

First thanks for the video! But i was wondering it sounds quieter than the 996 PSE and some said here so already, but does anybody know why?
    Today at my dealership they told me that Porsche had problems to homologate the PSE because the 996 PSE ones were too loud?! is that true?

RC, i have an interesting question for, and i think its not been mentioned before..

About the diameter of the sport exhaust tail pipes, in comparison with the stock exhaust of the 997S

The diameter of the PSE is bigger outside smaller inside.

In comparison with stock 997S which is closest to stock?
    The inner part(smaller)? or the outer part(bigger)? is closest to the stock pipes diameter? Im really curious

I will get my Cab S with PSE and Sport Chrono next Wednesday; hopefully. Interesting, they have planned to add an additional PSE button and change the control to open it permanently if pressed. I hope it works. I will take some pictures and try to record the sound.

Seven, who has planned this? this is what I want to do with mine too. Will it come with the extra switch form factory or will the dealer do it?

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    759132 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    433509 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    259652 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    256787 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80513 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5304 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

870493 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    805417 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM