Crown

Board: Motor Sports Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: [2021] Formula 1

In 2016 was very close.

Rosberg 385 vs Hamilton 380

1 DNF vs 2 DNF in the season.

Topspeed:

In 2016 was very close.

Rosberg 385 vs Hamilton 380

1 DNF vs 2 DNF in the season.

2016 was decided by Hamilton's blown engine while leading the Malaysian GP.

--

Enmanuel:

A DNF for Max in Qatar would really even the championship and push things over to the last race. I couldn't even remember when it was such a close call so I googled it, 2008 Hamilton 98 pts vs Massa ending with 97 and it was decided on the last corner of the last race for LH's first ever championship win. 

And 2007 with Hamilton's blunder going into the pits at Shanghai. 110 for Kimi and 109 for Hamilton and Alonso.

--

Whoopsy:
    Enmanuel:

A DNF for Max in Qatar would really even the championship and push things over to the last race. I couldn't even remember when it was such a close call so I googled it, 2008 Hamilton 98 pts vs Massa ending with 97 and it was decided on the last corner of the last race for LH's first ever championship win. 

And 2007 with Hamilton's blunder going into the pits at Shanghai. 110 for Kimi and 109 for Hamilton and Alonso.

I recall Alonso’s horrific crash and then Glock slowing in the end which allowed Hamilton by. Massa had the championship for about 1/2 lap.  So sad. Perez and his dad made up for that this past weekend though it was not a win. 

2008 Ferrari was strong. They had the fastest cars, between Kimi and Massa they won 8 times. But Massa did retired twice while winning 6 races.

Glock was on slicks when the rain came, he simply can't do anything about it to protect his 5th place on the last lap. Especially when Hamilton was on inters.

2008 was a tight battle between Massa and Hamilton, but both are gentleman racers and didn't crashed into each other once. 

Makes one wonder if this year we come down to the last race, and Hamilton needed to win and Max needed to finish 5th, but he is running 6th behind Gasly or Tsunoda, would there be a call from Red Bull to Alpha to yield? Or would it be more discreet as in like bringing the car in front for a 'tire change'. Back then it was Toyota and Mclaren, two completely different teams with no communications, but Red Bull do also owns Alpha Tauri. 

--

Of course there would mate

996FourEss:

Of course there would mate

Which Red Bull can't legally command per F1 rules.......

--

Brundle Rule.

Could have been more exciting for the championship if the teams are responsible for their guests. Imagine FIA docked 10pts off Red Bull and their drivers as a penalty for their unruly guests. Nothing unreasonable nor against Red Bulls. If I bring a guest or guests to my golf Club or to my track, I as the member is responsible to their behaviour, nothing unusual. If my guest/guests behaved badly, I get sanctioned by the club. 

But it would have been even more interesting if FIA security could command arresting the unruly guests, in public. Booked, Printed. Banned after.

Or give Martin some armed bodyguards, just to make things spicy. 

--

I missed that, what happened with the RB guests? I found the Austin track parade interesting where some random dudes pushed Brundle away from interviewing a local celebrity / singer? What is the viewing audience of Sky F1, 50 million people or something? Hilarious

Whoopsy:

Brundle Rule.

Could have been more exciting for the championship if the teams are responsible for their guests. Imagine FIA docked 10pts off Red Bull and their drivers as a penalty for their unruly guests. Nothing unreasonable nor against Red Bulls. If I bring a guest or guests to my golf Club or to my track, I as the member is responsible to their behaviour, nothing unusual. If my guest/guests behaved badly, I get sanctioned by the club. 

But it would have been even more interesting if FIA security could command arresting the unruly guests, in public. Booked, Printed. Banned after.

Or give Martin some armed bodyguards, just to make things spicy. 

Completely agree and completely RB's fault for bringing into the grid such trashy vulgar "celebs" and their entourage who couldn't care less about F1 and can't tell the front from the back of an F1 car...

996FourEss:

I missed that, what happened with the RB guests? I found the Austin track parade interesting where some random dudes pushed Brundle away from interviewing a local celebrity / singer? What is the viewing audience of Sky F1, 50 million people or something? Hilarious

I'm happy they made a big deal out of it. Whoever handles her PR dropped the ball hard. At the very least they should've done an ounce of homework into the etiquette of the event they are attending. Although now that I think about it "etiquette" might be out of her and her crew's vocabulary. 

996FourEss:

Not quite random dudes. They were Megan's entourage. Two of them being disrespectful to Brundle and from now on 'celebrities' are still welcome, but their bodyguards and entourage aren't on the grid walk.

It was shocking to watch live. I had to rewind and do a double take and like you didn't do what I jus saw you do moment.

Imagine if these people didn't just push off Brundle, and push off some mechanics preparing the carsSmiley.

There had always been celebrity guests on grid, invites from Mercedes down to Williams. Never had someone acted like that before.

--

Some people don’t know how to behave.  This was just another example and that entourage had no interest at being at a Formula One event.  Red Bull’s PR team made a severe mistake with inviting her.  

While the incident was mostly caused by her jacked up half-wit neardental bodyguard pushing everybody around like he owned the place and the highly slappable clueless manboy telling Martin Brindle no less and in his house what he could and could not do, she was responsible for her entourage and should have prevented or at least stopped it instead of just continuing to walk along the grid like nothing, a grid where she had no business even being in in the first place.

And way to class up the grid RB, bringing in someone that makes a living at promoting trash culture and shitty values to the youth and is oblivious to F1 but just came to self promote herself.

F1 bring in ‘Brundle clause’ after bodyguard incident

Following Brundle’s comments about the new procedure, Formula 1 has clarified to PlanetF1: ‘Celebrities aren’t obliged to do interviews whilst on the grid, but security entourages are now no longer allowed to accompany them on there.’

Carlos from Spain:

... and the highly slappable clueless manboy telling Martin Brundle no less and in his house what he could and could not do...

Smiley

Topspeed:

F1 bring in ‘Brundle clause’ after bodyguard incident

Following Brundle’s comments about the new procedure, Formula 1 has clarified to PlanetF1: ‘Celebrities aren’t obliged to do interviews whilst on the grid, but security entourages are now no longer allowed to accompany them on there.’

This makes sense . But, celebrities like exposure. Maybe the teams of the celebrities should do a little work in advance and realize that Brundle interviewing them is a plus. Again, viewing audience of 50 million last time I checked, single best F1 coverage globally. So minders of celebrities, do your work in advance. Very good exposure, but you are NOT the show, you are just part of it…..

Brazil GP.

Hamilton will be taking a 5 place grid drop.

All but sealed Max's championship run.

Mercedes' legendary reliability in the hybrid era failed them this year.

Kudos to Honda, they delivered just before they quit F1. Again. 

Red Bull had always had the best chassis, all they were missing was a great power plant, they finally have the whole package this year. Honda made a major improvement from last year to this year and that's the missing piece for a dream season for Max. 

--

Whoopsy:

Brazil GP.

Red Bull had always had the best chassis, all they were missing was a great power plant, they finally have the whole package this year. Honda made a major improvement from last year to this year and that's the missing piece for a dream season for Max. 

Which brings even more shame to Ferrari Smiley

--

There is no try. Just do.

Pentium:
    Whoopsy:

Brazil GP.

Why even hold a race if it is so cut-and-dry with the outcome?  Think of the reduction in GHG if we just make an assumption on the outcome of the race.  There’s plenty of things that could happen during qualifying and during the race that alters the outcome.  

Pentium:
    Whoopsy:

Brazil GP.

Well they are separating themselves from McLaren to take 3rd.........

Next year if their chases is up to par then they can put up a good fight.

--

Bottas fell asleep? 0.535s...

I thought the RB would be stronger in Brazil.

CGX car nut:
    Pentium:
    Whoopsy:

Brazil GP.

Why even hold a race if it is so cut-and-dry with the outcome?  Think of the reduction in GHG if we just make an assumption on the outcome of the race.  There’s plenty of things that could happen during qualifying and during the race that alters the outcome.  

You mean like Max crashing into Lewis? Or someone else crashing into Max to take him out instead? How about terrestrial rain to make things spicy? 

Judging from past races this season, or even seasons before, there aren't much surprises. And unless Max has a 72hour pit stop like Bottas did, whatever mishap Red Bull happened to make will be negated by Max on track as his car is quite a bit faster than anything else on the grid now that all the upgrades had been done with Mercedes and Red Bull.

Lewis took pole for Sprint, but does it matter? Even if he wins the Sprint he will still starts 6th. Max can just do a leisurely cruise for Sprint and still starts on Pole Sunday. So basically it's just a battle for 2nd between Bottas and Perez. Which more than likely Perez will take the spot over Bottas with a stronger car. 

--

Great performance of Lewis, again he‘s showing great skills (+0,5s for VB) and it‘s clearly not just the new engine, it‘s sheer talent.

I think it would be much better if the grid penalty would have been given already for the qualifying race instead for the race.

At least VB should become 2nd in the sprint race if he can overpower Max right after the start into turn 3

Skill wise, Max and Lewis are like 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Max has the edge on reaction as he is the much younger driver. We saw his skills on full display in the wet on the last corner 5 years ago. I don't think anyone else could have saved that spin. 

F1 had always been a manufacturer championship first, driver championship second. After all, prize money are awarded per how the teams finished. The fastest team of course will attract and sign the best drivers there are, in order to maximize their chances of finishing on top. Given the choice of either winning the driver's title or finishing 2nd and 3rd but win the manufacturer title, every team saved Red Bull this year would pick the 2nd choice. Red Bull is all in to get Max the title, if they happened to win the manufacturer title too then it's a bonus. They have provided Max with the best car, best engine for him to do his job and he is doing it superbly. 

Is Max and Lewis head and shoulder above everyone else? I happened to not think so. The other young guns all have talent, they just didn't have the right car to showcase themselves yet. Next year should be a mostly level playing field, so the Leclerc, Russell, Norris, Ocon, Gasly and even Albon can have a good chance. Even better that since Red Bull went all in this year and Mercedes also spent a not inconsiderable amount of resources to fight Red Bull, if the other teams managed their resources well, they will already have a head start against these two teams. 2022 hopefully will not be a Red Bull Mercedes show. Heck, maybe they will be so far behind the other teams they won't win a single race in 2022.

Leclerc winning for Ferrari to end their suffering? Norris crown champion to return McLaren to glory? Or even Albon winning with Williams to show Dr. Marko the middle finger? There will be so many interesting story lines for 2022.

--

The plot thickens.

Hamilton's car facing qualifying exclusion as some how Mercedes fucked something up setting the DRS system.

He could be starting from the back of the grid for Sprint.

--

Whoopsy:

The plot thickens.

Hamilton's car facing qualifying exclusion as some how Mercedes fucked something up setting the DRS system.

He could be starting from the back of the grid for Sprint.

Once again uncertainty has crept into your analysis.  

Starting 6th vs starting at the back makes virtually no difference. Max should win from the pole and at best Hamilton will finish 2nd. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Like you said before in the other race, once the grid is set, there isn't much surprises.

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689042 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408934 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255631 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234887 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65469 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4642 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857767 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773742 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM