Crown

Board: Lamborghini Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Huracán EVO STO

RC:
    Enmanuel:

I have to go back and dig out the post where I said how long it would take you to jump to something else from the Performante  smiley 

You are wrong but more details early next week in a detailed report with many photos. 😎

Yes, I LOVE the STO. No, I won‘t get one because I cannot afford having both, the STO and the Performante (and there are various reasons for why I would like to own both).

WILL
    HERE
    EVER
    BE
    A
    DETAILED
    WITH
    MANY
    PHOTOS
    ???

Smiley

...adding some pressuer here. Smiley

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

BTW, saw my first STO live on the weekend, nice looking car in some kind of matt blue/green, guess it was Blu Uranus, didn't ask. No contrast colour for the bumper, so this was matt black, yellow sticker package and white stripes at the front lip and rear fin, silver wheels, yellow calipers.

Sound was good, as far as I could hear. Comes alive at high revs.

Nice car, but not for me. A Performante is nearly elegant in comparison, standard Huracán, no matter if LP610-4 or Evo as well. Huracán/Evo/Performante look aggressive, STO looks extreme. Especially the wider rear is massive, the other bits and pieces as well. The aggressiveness suits the car, but it wouldn't suit me. Extreme wing, practically no rear visibility and no boot space are not what I'm looking for. More the kind of GT3 type of guy instead GT3RS, if you know what I mean. indecision

Car looked like this:

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

They have a colour "Blu Uranus" - WTF???

--

991.2 C2S Cab, X3 Black\Black - 2 kids, 1 dog

bridggar:

It's not a brown, all good.

--

1988 Peugeot 205 Rallye / 2004 Porsche 996 GT3 RS  / 2018 Mercedes-AMG E63 S / 2020 Ferrari 812SF

Porker:
    bridggar:

It's Blu Uranus, not Bluu Anus. Smiley

--

Rossi:
    Porker:
    bridggar:

Stop talking about Mianus! 

--

1988 Peugeot 205 Rallye / 2004 Porsche 996 GT3 RS  / 2018 Mercedes-AMG E63 S / 2020 Ferrari 812SF

Porker:
    Rossi:
    Porker:
    bridggar:

Stop talking about Mianus! 

Or is it Blurred Anus? Smiley

--

I'm out 

--

Yes, there will be but I just don't have the time right now, I have to set priorities, sorry. Smiley

Maybe after this weekend...sorry again.

If you have to make a decision: The car looks amazing in person, very race car like, very flashy but also in a good way (I had tremendous feedback from people, everyone seems to love the car) and driving is a pleasure BUT the stock sound is annoying (it can be "fixed" but it isn't legal in Germany) and in Trofeo mode, the STO lacks the mechanical noises of the Performante in Corsa mode, when everything (engine, gearbox, exhaust, etc.) seems to be going crazy. 

The STO feels more refined than the Performante, which is kind of weird for such a car.

If I could choose, I would choose the Performante as a daily fun car but the STO as a track car or if you like to impress people. STO looks amazing, Lamborghini has done everything right in this domain.  

I would love to own both to be honest, maybe the Performante Spyder instead of the Coupe (if I had the STO as well).

I was thinking about switching but it doesn't make sense. For me, the Performante is perfect and I don't want to pay another 60k EUR or so, just to get the STO. Performance-wise, you won't feel much difference and both cars excel in their particular driving domains.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)

Every time you see either of these on the road I think of you and what an amazing time you must have with these.  Wonderful problems to have. Go with the convertible ( maybe non performante for a few bucks) and the STO. 

I have to apologize again that I haven't posted the short review with photos but I am really swamped with work due to the new COVID-19 booster shots, lots of work and logistics, no time for Rennteam right now. surprise

Weekends are reserved for the family right now.

Will post the review as soon as possible, thanks for your understanding guys. frown

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)

Blah blah blah, I don't believe in it until I read this report here. smiley

BTW, some rumour that I heard:
    Next variation of the Huracán in limited number to be presented shortly. It will be the Sterrato, so some sort of competitor to the 911 Safari.

--

Rossi:

Blah blah blah, I don't believe in it until I read this report here. smiley

Unlike you, I do not have the luxury to let others do the work for me. Smiley

BTW, some rumour that I heard:
    Next variation of the Huracán in limited number to be presented shortly. It will be the Sterrato, so some sort of competitor to the 911 Safari.

Lamborghini is rumored to put a lot of limited editions or special editions on the market before the current Huracan will stop production. Same goes to the Aventador and the Urus facelift is also around the corner, also the new Urus Sport (will be a beast).

I plan to do another test-drive in the Urus on winter tires, I want to see how this car drives in winter weather. Smiley

--

RC:

Will post the review as soon as possible, thanks for your understanding guys. frown

In the meantime folks take it from me that this is the best driving Lamborghini ever (not much competition there I hear you retort Smiley) . Don't believe the rubbish about "I would rather have a Performante for road use" - the STO is hands down a better driver's car than the Performante even with less snap crackle and pop from the exhaust.

crayphile:
    RC:

In the meantime folks take it from me that this is the best driving Lamborghini ever (not much competition there I hear you retort Smiley) . Don't believe the rubbish about "I would rather have a Performante for road use" - the STO is hands down a better driver's car than the Performante even with less snap crackle and pop from the exhaust.

You know I disagree...Smiley but of course you are in a different sports car league than mine, you have so many wonderful cars at your disposition and it is easy to like one more than the other, I get it. Smiley Smiley

From a visual point of view (looks), the STO looks amazing in person, there is no competition here.

--

RC:
    crayphile:
    RC:

You know I disagree...Smiley but of course you are in a different sports car league than mine, you have so many wonderful cars at your disposition and it is easy to like one more than the other, I get it. Smiley Smiley

From a visual point of view (looks), the STO looks amazing in person, there is no competition here.

Of course, each to his own. Just a friendly debate Smiley​​​​​​.

My two cents regarding the STO. I had the car for an afternoon, fitted with brand new Bridgestone Race semi slicks, only 9 deg celsius outside. 

The car had one modification, the dealership uploaded the exhaust valve file of the Performante so no complaints about the sound. It's different from my Evo, more higher pitched which fits the car as it's lighter and more racey. My Ego sounds more like a bull.

Performance wise there is no difference at least on public roads, at higher speeds you can see the aero is slowing the car down when watching the YT videos which I personally care as I drive often on unrestricted German highways and enjoy the pull of my Evo even at speeds above 300km/h.

Traction was surprisingly good once I warmed up the tires, got them up to 40 degrees on the display despite the low outside temperature. For sure it's livelier at the rear but what do you expect from a 640hp RWD car. What surprised me more was when driving my car backt to back how RWD the EVO feels in sport mode, like an RWD car with very strong traction.

Steering feel was definitely better, no corruption by drive shafts, in long corners the car also felt more linear than the EVO, not quite on Porsche GT3 level. Brakes were fantastic, much more solid pedal feel, strong stopping power.

As a track car, it will surely perform, although tests show it's not that fast but a lot of fun. I don't want to know if you have an off how much it costs to replace the Cofango as it's a one piece carbon fiber part.

All in all, great car, looks are fantastic, car was in Verde Turbine (Panzergrün) but not worth the premium to upgrade from my Evo. Also considering there is not a lot of space for luggage already, in the STO it's non-existent so a long weekend in the mountains with the better half not possible anymore (which could also be a good thing, depends on the perspective).

Meet the world's first supercharged Lamborghini Huracan STO built by VF engineering. With 830hp and unparalleled handling, this was one of the best cars I've ever driven.

Tracktest with the Lamborghini Huracán STO at Nürburgring GP-Sprint.

Something that might upset (future) STO owners... yes

https://www.motor1.com/news/566198/new-lamborghini-huracan-prototype-spied/

--

kissNow that looks interesting 

--

2019 911 GT3 RS,1964 Type 1

Rossi:

Looks more like some sort of Performante used as a test vehicle for the next gen or special edition Huracan with ALA?  Smiley

The car has no camo as far as I can tell.

As far as I heard, no car will get more power than the STO, simply because the engine isn't "fit" for it and new homologations would require a PPF.

Not 100% sure, I'm a little bit out of touch with the car scene right now. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), BMW Z4 M40i (2022), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)

RC:
    Rossi:

Looks more like some sort of Performante used as a test vehicle for the next gen or special edition Huracan with ALA?  Smiley

The car has no camo as far as I can tell.

As far as I heard, no car will get more power than the STO, simply because the engine isn't "fit" for it and new homologations would require a PPF.

Not 100% sure, I'm a little bit out of touch with the car scene right now. Smiley

Next car on Huracan platform will be a softer more  road focussed version of the STO with a baby Sian look.

This is going to be an STO Touring (more subtle wingless) model? 

--

22 GT3 Manual, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 18 GT3 Manual, 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

Grant:

Correct.

crayphile:
    Grant:

Correct.

Smiley

--

22 GT3 Manual, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 18 GT3 Manual, 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    763517 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    435986 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260810 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257770 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    82558 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5324 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

872830 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    808325 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM