Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Tesla

Tesla Cybertruck Page Updated... With Removal Of Specs And Price

For almost two years, since the https://insideevs.com/tesla/cybertruck/"Cybertruck was https://insideevs.com/news/393858/video-ax-smash-window-bmw-cybertruck/"unveiled back in 2019, https://insideevs.com/tesla/"Tesla  kept the specs for three versions of the truck on its website. They  were for a $39,900 single-motor base model, a $49,900 dual-motor  mid-range model and the top of the range tri-motor Cybertruck costing  from $69,900, but now all specs, versions and prices have been removed.

Then:

Now:

Can't deliver what he, Elon Musk, promised back in 2019?

What a surprise! smiley

I'm shocked! never saw that one coming at all smiley 

Carlos from Spain:

I'm shocked! never saw that one coming at all smiley 

Are you sure?  Lol 

I love this thread.  Notice I never post anything other than reactions.  I never rub it in, it is better to let you guys dive into this stuff 

- Loose rear trim;

- A dent in the front bumper;

- Excess adhesive coming off the window trimp on the drivers door. It would stick and unstick every time I opened the door;

- Door handle on the passenger door;

- A rip in the passenger side carpet. Tesla service was unable to fix yet;

- Passenger side mirror unfold past where its supposed to while driving. I was stuck with a side mirror that was looking way too far off to the right;

- Left hard turns theres a clicking sound that happens in the B pillar;

- Alignment of the passenger side door. Passengers couldn't close the door correctly. Took them 2-3 attempts. The door was dropping a little after it opened.

- Etc.

I bet every single one looks like that. 
    Curious if they get any of it sorted out or if they just pretend it is not that bad. Seriously, I’m not kidding 

NTSB letter to TesIa...  C7BEAB03-A272-4B0C-AF73-D01AEAA5AA36.gif 

...what happens next? Smiley

Investors ignore and focus on the Hertz order, sending Tesla above $1 trillion in market capitalization.  Musk exercises his options and secures more shares, reducing the float before the next illogical rally.  

They have been using the inside the cabin camera as well as the hands on steering wheel for a long time now.  You can’t  even use the FSD beta unless you agree to letting the camera monitor your attention to the road and have a perfect driving score for a week. Tesla scores you.  Good FUD. Can’t wait to see Teslas reply but the media won’t publish it because it will make too much sense. Lol. 
    They also cite an example that is about 20 revisions older than current in all cars.  It is as though they don’t think Tesla has been working on it for four years. Do they think the readers are dumb?   
    If you think a world of savy and tech/ industry expert investors are wrong and these political hit jobs are the whole truth then you have not been paying attention. Super fun to watch fall into it though.  Sadly, unions would rather see Tesla fail than be proud that for once the biggest and best is American. Telling and sad. 
    Maybe follow the money or the unions to see who is being upset by Teslas stock prices and a more clear picture is evident. 

Wasn't Tesla software 5 years ahead of competition? Smiley

So, now any driver can test FSD Beta 10.2 on the street. Doesn't matter if you are the worst driver on the planet or not.

Hertz's 'purchase' won't be a cash buy for 100,000 cars. It will be on a financing plan that drag on for a long time, so not like Tesla will be getting 4 billion+ overnight.

Also highly likely Tesla will be building a custom version for Hertz, a 'fleet spec' so to spec. Cheaper than retail and also with custom equipment mix. Not unlike other fleet purchases by everyone else. 

Will be interesting also to see how Hertz dispose of the car after. Normal rental cars last 12-18 months, 24 max. Will they flood the second hand market and crash the used car price?

--

Leawood911:

They have been using the inside the cabin camera as well as the hands on steering wheel for a long time now.  You can’t  even use the FSD beta unless you agree to letting the camera monitor your attention to the road and have a perfect driving score for a week. Tesla scores you.  Good FUD. Can’t wait to see Teslas reply but the media won’t publish it because it will make too much sense. Lol. 
    They also cite an example that is about 20 revisions older than current in all cars.  It is as though they don’t think Tesla has been working on it for four years. Do they think the readers are dumb?   
    If you think a world of savy and tech/ industry expert investors are wrong and these political hit jobs are the whole truth then you have not been paying attention. Super fun to watch fall into it though.  Sadly, unions would rather see Tesla fail than be proud that for once the biggest and best is American. Telling and sad. 
    Maybe follow the money or the unions to see who is being upset by Teslas stock prices and a more clear picture is evident. 

FUD here! FUD there! Everywhere a FUD FUD!

Don't you find it striking that Tesla and Musk had issues under the previous administration, yet under a radically different administration still has problems?

Topspeed:

Wasn't Tesla software 5 years ahead of competition? Smiley

So, now any driver can test FSD Beta 10.2 on the street. Doesn't matter if you are the worst driver on the planet or not.

If you paid the $10k for the FSD package. and paid for the car. 
    I also imagine that anyone who paid for a Porsche can drive it fast and crash it. Go figure. Even if you are the worst driver. 

CGX car nut:
    Leawood911:

FUD here! FUD there! Everywhere a FUD FUD!

Don't you find it striking that Tesla and Musk had issues under the previous administration, yet under a radically different administration still has problems?

I don’t think the previous administration babied the unions to the extent this one does.  Clearly Trump was for oil being drilled but at the same time fostered the low tax less regulation climate Elon favors. It was pretty clear he is for smaller government but also clear he is smarter than to take sides politically. 
    The type of hostility directed toward Tesla by this administration is political and unwarranted on so many levels.  I’m not certain you can provide an example of the previous administration being politically hostile towards Tesla. 

Whoopsy:

Hertz's 'purchase' won't be a cash buy for 100,000 cars. It will be on a financing plan that drag on for a long time, so not like Tesla will be getting 4 billion+ overnight.

Also highly likely Tesla will be building a custom version for Hertz, a 'fleet spec' so to spec. Cheaper than retail and also with custom equipment mix. Not unlike other fleet purchases by everyone else. 

Will be interesting also to see how Hertz dispose of the car after. Normal rental cars last 12-18 months, 24 max. Will they flood the second hand market and crash the used car price?

Tesla will get paid in full since another company will provide the financing. Usually that's the way they do it in similar situations not sure how this deal is structured. For this size of order you expect a good discount on the price of the cars though.

Musk is claiming that there is no discount but that would be surprising.  This is roughly one/fifth of Hertz’s global fleet so while large probably only slightly larger than the average Hertz acquisition transaction.  

CGX car nut:

Musk is claiming that there is no discount but that would be surprising.  This is roughly one/fifth of Hertz’s global fleet so while large probably only slightly larger than the average Hertz acquisition transaction.  

Musk pays full price for his own cars. 

I would also add that the FSD beta testers deserve a shot at finally trying out what they paid for.  While some fraction, being nerds, might cheat the test score - Once in beta the car is being watched by Tesla AI and they will end your beta in a heartbeat if you screw around. Some here don’t realize how much data there is and what they can do with it. 

I suspect that Hertz will keep these cars in the rental fleet much longer than the average car. I foresee few renters taking the Tesla option for any significant distance driving. Probably have some attractive convenience like not having to fill the tank before returning the car.

Reminds me of rental cars when I was a kid. Those cars got to be pretty ragged before they were cast off from the fleet.

Here is something new. About Tesla. And not in a good way.

Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 3.50.23 PM.png

Our province just announced a new program to help with multifamily dwellings and workplaces, they are paying 50% of the cost of a charger up to $2000. But only industrial standard plugs, no Tesla specific plugs. We still have the program for single family dwellings, without the restriction to exclude Tesla plugs however, but that one only covers up to $350.

My province has a population of ~5 million people, with over 60,000 EVs, not hybrids, on the road right now. We are the leader in EV sales on a per capita basis. Happens when we have the highest gas price in all of North America, actually all of the Americas. 

The infrastructure improvement is starting now. 

--

It sounds like NTSB is serious about their concerns around Tesla...  C7BEAB03-A272-4B0C-AF73-D01AEAA5AA36.gif

NTSB chair on why Tesla's self-driving technology is 'misleading'

D084854B-3047-4257-92D9-8E8AA427560B.jpeg

Video Link: https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/10/26/ntsb-chair-on-why-teslas-self-driving-technology-is-misleading.html

...maybe the NTSB will force a recall of FSD resulting in a refund for Tesla customers? Smiley 

And this is why we can’t have anything nice. Lol. Government being idiots. Forget actual safety stats and the millions of lives that could be saved. You can’t make this shit up

are these the same people who want us to follow the science?  How do they expect to reduce accident rates? Voodoo 

It sounds like NTSB is serious about their concerns around Tesla...  C7BEAB03-A272-4B0C-AF73-D01AEAA5AA36.gif

NTSB chair on why Tesla's self-driving technology is 'misleading'

D084854B-3047-4257-92D9-8E8AA427560B.jpeg

Video Link: https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/10/26/ntsb-chair-on-why-teslas-self-driving-technology-is-misleading.html

...maybe the NTSB will force a recall of FSD resulting in a refund for Tesla customers? Smiley 

Erm, this 30 day review of an SEC Rule might also be relevant...  C7BEAB03-A272-4B0C-AF73-D01AEAA5AA36.gif

D5899091-5940-4BA8-AD4E-745F1AB536D9.jpeg

Link: https://www.twitter.com/GaryGensler/status/1449028776696889346

SEC Reopens Comment Period for Listing Standards for Recovery of Erroneously Awarded Compensation

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    2021-210

Washington D.C., Oct. 14, 2021 —

The Securities and Exchange Commission today reopened the comment period on proposed rules for listing standards for the recovery of erroneously awarded compensation. 

“I support today’s action to reopen comment on the Dodd-Frank Act rule regarding clawbacks of incentive-based executive compensation,” said SEC Chair Gary Gensler. “I believe we have an opportunity to strengthen the transparency and quality of corporate financial statements, as well as the accountability of corporate executives to their investors.”

The reopened comment period permits interested parties to submit further comments and data on rule amendments the Commission first proposed in 2015 as well as comments in response to questions being raised by the Commission now in its reopening release.  In addition, interested parties may comment on developments since 2015 when the proposing release was issued, including trends in accounting practices and the potential economic and other effects of the proposal in light of any such developments.

The public comment period will remain open for 30 days following publication of the release in the Federal Register. 

SEC Link 1: http://www.sec.gov/news/press-release/2021-210

Statement on Rules Regarding Clawbacks of Erroneously Awarded Compensation 

Chair Gary Gensler

Oct. 14, 2021 

I support today’s action to re-open comment on the Dodd-Frank Act rule regarding clawbacks of erroneously awarded incentive-based compensation. I believe we have an opportunity to strengthen the transparency and quality of corporate financial statements as well as the accountability of corporate executives to their investors.

In today’s economy, corporate executives often are paid based on how the companies that they lead perform: things like revenue and profits of the overall business. Occasionally, however, the numbers the companies reported as the basis of that compensation aren’t accurate. In these cases, companies may have to go back and revise or restate prior financial reporting. As a result, an executive may have been paid for meeting certain milestones that the company didn’t, in fact, hit.

Over the last couple of decades, Congress has decided that executives should pay back that incentive-based compensation. Congress first mandated these clawbacks under the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, requiring chief executives and chief financial officers to return incentive-based pay in cases of misconduct from the previous 12 months.

Following the 2008 financial crisis, Congress broadened those requirements. Among many reforms in the Dodd-Frank Act, Congress determined that, if a company has to revise its financial statements, executives should have to give back compensation paid in the three years leading up to the restatement that was based on the misstated financials — regardless of whether the misstatement was due to fraud, errors, or any other factor.

The release is now out for public comment. The public can submit comments at sec.gov.

I’d like to thank the SEC staff for putting together this thoughtful proposal. Specifically, I would like to thank Renee Jones, Steven Hearne, Connor Raso, David Fredrickson, Betsy Murphy, Anne Krauskopf, Lindsay McCord, Jessica Barberich, and Luna Bloom in the Division of Corporation Finance; Bryant Morris and Ken Alcé in the Office of the General Counsel; Jessica Wachter, Oliver Richard, Lauren Moore, Chantal Hernandez, Vlad Ivanov, and George Papadakis in the Division of Economic and Risk Analysis; Brian Johnson and Nathan Schuur in the Division of Investment Management; Paul Munter, John Vanosdall, Natasha Guinan, Omid Harraf, Peggy Kim, Jonathan Wiggins, Kevin Vaughn, and Carlton Tartar in the Office of Chief Accountant; and Heather Slavkin Corzo and Corey Klemmer in the Office of the Chair. 

SEC Link 2: https://www.sec.gov/news/public-statement/gensler-clawbacks-2021-10-14 

FF470B84-4A06-410E-AD07-07692B064519.jpeg

SEC Link 3: https://www.sec.gov/rules/proposed/2021/33-10998-fact-sheet.pdf  

14A6D520-D5CB-4042-9CBC-2C4F1C4C8A20.jpeg

B3129007-F569-40D7-BA24-6BBF8D158695.jpeg

SEC Link 4: https://www.sec.gov/rules/proposed/2021/33-10998.pdf

...looks like this could be part of the setup for an orchestrated take-down!?! Smiley

So much for promoting carbon free progress. It is all a game.  Politics. Consumers lose 

What's autopilot and recalling FSD got to do with carbon free progress?

Tesla pretty much side stepped and short circuit existing regulations, Musk think he is above the law. Well it had been proven that he isn't and this might as well be another example.

Right now there isn't enough safeguards regarding the Tesla system, and whatever measures they came up with is easily defeated with 5 seconds of googling.

It's like designing a steak knife that has a razor blade handle, but put on a sticker saying one needs to be careful about cutting yourself when holding the knife. Some people will be careful when using it but there will always be people that aren't. So why not change the handle to a safer design, like how NTSB is asking Tesla to design a safer system.

--

I've said this before but my gripe is the way they present and market their products. Which is why I'm inclined to agree with the "misleading" claims. To continue the metaphor, if you take the knife and say "The new Tesla knife with omnidirectional cutting feature will cut in every direction" But one of the directions just happens to be your hand, then yeah a better design is needed. 

https://www.autoblog.com/2021/10/27/uber-tesla-hertz-rideshare-drivers/

And just like that, Hertz found someone willing to pay for half their 100,000 Tesla purchase already.

Uber drivers will be paying $334 a week, works out to be $1500 a month to rent a Model 3, more than covers the financing on the car. Heck renting 50,000 Model 3 at that price pretty much covers the paying to all 100,000 cars already with some profit on top. 

--

https://insideevs.com/reviews/543687/tesla-model-s-range-test/

In short, the Plaid did 300 miles on a full charge for the 70mph range test, a good 41 miles short of it's EPA highway rating.

For comparison, a Taycan 4 Cross Turismo did 251 miles on the same test, which was rated at 215 miles from the EPA.

A Taycan 4S did 279 miles in warmer condition with bigger wheels and it was rated at 203 miles by the EPA.

--

Temperatures make a huge difference. Even last weekend going to Austin and back I could see range impacted by the 55 degrees we left vs the almost 90 in Austin.  In nice weather my car can easily do 260 miles at 75-80 so I’m not certain what happened here.  Not a big deal for me, same with charging speed, since my use find the range well within needs. 
    Still not certain that bragging rights apply for beating EPA estimate if it is still less miles. Lol. Sure is funny though since everything else is off the table like speed, tech and price. 

Enmanuel:

I've said this before but my gripe is the way they present and market their products. Which is why I'm inclined to agree with the "misleading" claims. To continue the metaphor, if you take the knife and say "The new Tesla knife with omnidirectional cutting feature will cut in every direction" But one of the directions just happens to be your hand, then yeah a better design is needed. 

Good one. One must realize that by the time you spend the money for such a purchase no one has any illusion that the car is more than level 2. Seriously. All the disclaimers are there. All the warnings are there. No one who owns one thinks otherwise. Are owners of all cars going to do dumb stuff?  Always. Forever. Of course. Once you get past that and own one for yourself you quickly see the immense utility of the way they implemented level 2. If really is a great safety net. Even when turned off the system is really still running but not driving - just standing by to help. The reduction in accidents, injuries and fatalities is not just numbers it is factual information which gets pushed aside.  
    I used navigate on autopilot all the way to Austin. I’m not interested in autopilot beta on city streets because I drive way quicker than that in the city but if you have seen the maze of highways from KC to Austin through Dallas you know it is a bitch. The car took it all over n stride, through miles of construction and rerouting to live traffic jams without intervention at mostly over 80 mph.  I mean I know the car is a piece of shit and all that but it was pretty impressive. I sat there and watched and enjoyed the trip. No stress and zero effort. 

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM