Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

FINALLY my 430 is on the water and should be delivered

in a couple of weeks.

Ben and I will give it a good driving review. We have owned and driven a manual and F1 360, Stradale and CGT. Though I am sure it will not compare as well as to the CGT, I am curious as to how well it does compared to the 360 and Stradale.

Re: FINALLY my 430 is on the water and should be delivered

So what color and options did you finally go with? Glad to hear it's getting close, congrats!

Gary

Quote:
    tdf360 said:
    So what color and options did you finally go with? Glad to hear it's getting close, congrats!

Gary

I switched from Mireabu Blue to Red Tan. It is F1 with power Daytona seats with bed inserts and entire cabin leather. Red tach with red calipers. I decided against the carbon brakes and opted for the standard wheels. I ordered the shields. I also ordered the tire pressure measure.

It is pretty basic.

Quote:
    nberry said:

I switched from Mireabu Blue to Red Tan. It is F1 with power Daytona seats with bed inserts and entire cabin leather. Red tach with red calipers. I decided against the carbon brakes and opted for the standard wheels. I ordered the shields. I also ordered the tire pressure measure.

It is pretty basic.

Can't wait for your driving impressions, keep us posted.

Gary

What decided you NOT to go for the carbon brakes ?

Nick, what are the US prices ?

Quote:
    Patriek (jennyz) said:

Patriek, since I have no intention to track the car, carbon brakes seemed very expensive to me. Also, the only resaon why I even considered them was because of their appearance inside the wheel compared to the standard brake. In my opinion unless you look closely and are very knowledgeable the difference is caliper size is not that dramatic.

The car is priced once it arrives in the US(in NJ). Based on what I have ordered I estimate it will cost around $185,000-$190,000.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    Patriek (jennyz) said:

Patriek, since I have no intention to track the car, carbon brakes seemed very expensive to me. Also, the only resaon why I even considered them was because of their appearance inside the wheel compared to the standard brake. In my opinion unless you look closely and are very knowledgeable the difference is caliper size is not that dramatic.

The car is priced once it arrives in the US(in NJ). Based on what I have ordered I estimate it will cost around $185,000-$190,000.

I thought the difference was most noticeable in rotor size?

Quote:
    Raz (NC) said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    Patriek (jennyz) said:

IMHO there's a huge optical difference between steel and CCM...

Congratulations Nick. Can't wait to see pictures of your car.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    in a couple of weeks.

Ben and I will give it a good driving review. We have owned and driven a manual and F1 360, Stradale and CGT. Though I am sure it will not compare as well as to the CGT, I am curious as to how well it does compared to the 360 and Stradale.

Don't worry about comparing it to anything!

Ok, compared to a 360 it's newer so it will be better, compared to a Stradale it will feel like a Buick, compared to a CGT it will seem like a Fiat 124.....

Enuf of the comparisons! They really make no sense and dont matter! And before you say its way better than a Carrera 997,look at bottom line price on the window sticker again!

Let the car stand on its own merits, good or bad.

Other than that, I hope it arrives in good condition!

Quote:
    Raz (NC) said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    Patriek (jennyz) said:

To the knowledgeable eye BOTH are noticeably larger. Yet, the overall appearance of the car does not suffer as a result of having one over the other especially if it is going to cost $15,000 more.

Quote:
    SoCal Alan said:

Thank you Alan. Next time your in the La Jolla area give me a heads up and I will twist Ben's arm to give you a ride in his beast.

Flat Jim, everything is relative. The question is relative to what? I would wager if after driving my 430 I indicated it is the best thing since sliced bread you would be the first to tell me about the CGT or any other car.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    SoCal Alan said:

Thank you Alan. Next time your in the La Jolla area give me a heads up and I will twist Ben's arm to give you a ride in his beast.

Flat Jim, everything is relative. The question is relative to what? I would wager if after driving my 430 I indicated it is the best thing since sliced bread you would be the first to tell me about the CGT or any other car.

No. I would tell you that its a great car! No doubt it is better than Wonder bread, but for the price of 4 Boxsters, it should be!

Im not suggesting you shop by the pound, but Ferraris are Ferraris, Lotuses are Lotuses and Porsches are Porsches,
    all with different missions, characters, flaws, prices and
    driver dynamics.

You cant compare the purpose built CGT to the riviera boulavadier F430. Two completely different missions,
    prices and types of cars. You may do so if you wish!

Your contribution to Italy's GNP is your decision

Can't wait to see what your impressions are nberry.Enjoy your new F430 in good health & please do give us your impressions there are plenty of people on here who want to hear them.BTW, Jimflat6 could you be more obvious about your jealousy.

Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:
    You cant compare the purpose built CGT to the riviera boulavadier F430.

I would really suggest you drive one before making a comment like that. It is much more intense than any Porsche except the CGT. Yes I'm including the GT3.

Gary

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    SoCal Alan said:

Thanks for the offer, Nick.

Very nice Nick, looking forward to your impressions. Let me know if you need another objective opinion.

Quote:

compared to a Stradale it will feel like a Buick, compared to a CGT it will seem like a Fiat 124.....

ahhh der is brillance in stupidity!! bling 430 great buick jig rig blingy blingy, esss bullsheeeeets as roosians say

Nick,

Congratulations ! I look forward to read your review and see the pictures of your baby. I am just back from Ferrari's dealership, here in Geneva, the F430 is simply a magnificent car.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    I switched from Mireabu Blue to Red Tan.

That's going to be a beautiful color combination. Good choice. Since I was a kid, I've always thought red/tan on a Ferrari was the ideal.

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Raz (NC) said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    Patriek (jennyz) said:

IMHO there's a huge optical difference between steel and CCM...

"HUGE" difference is right. IMHO CCM is the ONLY way to go on the 430.

Quote:
    Raz (NC) said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    Patriek (jennyz) said:

The difference is in both rotor and caliper and anyone can tell from 50 yrds away. Especially the calipers.
    More importantly is the performance difference.
    Plus the CCM keeps the rims,calpiers etc. nice and clean.

Quote:
    Stradale said:
    Quote:
    Raz (NC) said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    Patriek (jennyz) said:

The difference is in both rotor and caliper and anyone can tell from 50 yrds away. Especially the calipers.

ONLY if that is what you are looking for. Most people would not notice. Regarding performance, my understanding is the only advantage of the CCM is weight and lack of brake dust. Stopping power is about the same.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    Stradale said:
    Quote:
    Raz (NC) said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    Patriek (jennyz) said:

ONLY if that is what you are looking for. Most people would not notice. Regarding performance, my understanding is the only advantage of the CCM is weight and lack of brake dust. Stopping power is about the same.

Congratulations on your incoming ride.
    Put in lots of pics when you get her.
    Good luck !

Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    SoCal Alan said:

No. I would tell you that its a great car! No doubt it is better than Wonder bread, but for the price of 4 Boxsters, it should be!

Im not suggesting you shop by the pound, but Ferraris are Ferraris, Lotuses are Lotuses and Porsches are Porsches,
    all with different missions, characters, flaws, prices and
    driver dynamics.

You cant compare the purpose built CGT to the riviera boulavadier F430. Two completely different missions,
    prices and types of cars. You may do so if you wish!

Your contribution to Italy's GNP is your decision

Wow...Jim you are just so wity "Your contribution to Italy's GNP is your decision." "No doubt its better then wonder bread." "like the riviara boulavadier 430."

Jim you are just so smart and I am sure handsome...and gosh dawn everyone loves you!!! Now you are going to explain to all of us why a GT2 is worth 5 times the value of a boxster...we are waiting

What a great post...

OHHhhh ship cant wait to see it...will probably be the first 430 I'll see in person.

STOPPING POWER FOR ROAD USE IS EVEN LESS, A LOT LESS !!!

... I know, because I have them on my 430

Quote:
    Patriek (jennyz) said:

doubt very seriously it is the brakes (more likely new suspension, etc in the 430). put the corsas on your 430 (like are only my stradale), and you'll be back on here to tell us the brake fairy must have put on some new and amazing brakes while you slept. i highly doubt the same 430 with the same tires will produce shorter braking distances with the carbon over the steel. however, brake feel is a LOT better on the carbons. now, if you were to go out on a very technical track and drive the [censored] out of them, you would see better performance out of the carbon which are impervious to brake fade. that said, do that a couple times and see how much lighter your wallet is when pads and/or rotors need be replaced they will slightly improve ride quality, turn in, etc though only because of their reduction in weight.

Quote:
    ben, lj said:
    Quote:
    Patriek (jennyz) said:

doubt very seriously it is the brakes (more likely new suspension, etc in the 430). put the corsas on your 430 (like are only my stradale), and you'll be back on here to tell us the brake fairy must have put on some new and amazing brakes while you slept. i highly doubt the same 430 with the same tires will produce shorter braking distances with the carbon over the steel. however, brake feel is a LOT better on the carbons. now, if you were to go out on a very technical track and drive the [censored] out of them, you would see better performance out of the carbon which are impervious to brake fade. that said, do that a couple times and see how much lighter your wallet is when pads and/or rotors need be replaced they will slightly improve ride quality, turn in, etc though only because of their reduction in weight.

Ben,
    If you're careful enough, wouldn't it be enough to just change the pads or you also need to change the rotors regularly?
    I heard only the pads need to be change about every four track outtings.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    780584 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442492 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263291 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261603 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85751 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5899 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881334 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    818627 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM