Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Dave and Gnil @ Nürburgring Nordschleife

Smiley Like Carlos I also had to read your post a few times, Gnil-- I kept thinking "I must be missing something, this makes no sense." That's unbelievable. I am so shocked and sorry to hear that someone stole your car. Does the hotel have security cameras that you can check? A green car would/should be hard to miss, I really hope this has a happy outcome and you get your car back in perfect condition. Please keep us posted.

--

If I don't fly, I drive my .:RS :)

I also can’t believe it. I keep looking at the place it was parked hoping to see it and that this was just a bad dream. But it is not. My car is gone. 
    I was parked in one of the upper park space from Hotel Tiergarten.  No cameras. No one witnessed anything. Thinking they might have stolen the key codes when I locked it …. 
    So hard to believe.   It can’t be easy to sell a lizard green GT3 RS . 

I did not activate car connect. Wonder if that would of made a difference ? 

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm -- 991.2 GT3 RS 

I’m so sorry Eric. What I’ve hear is that this is not very common in Nürburg.

I am pretty sure that they have disabled/blocked the tracker. 

Someone told me that police has checked a camera that is at the house across the street from where.your car was parked but it didn’t show anything.

Whoopsy:
    Gnil:

Won’t post pics of my RS . It got stolen last night in front of the hotel. cryingsurprise

Damn😱

Eric 

It’s a message from God to order 992 Gt3rs, a clearing of the deck.

I know you loved that rig.

I saw Frank's message on instagram regarding a stolen green RS, and hoped it wasn't yours but "just" some stranger's car. So sorry to hear man, it's insane. Not to be a downer, but I can't imagine these types of cars are stolen by small guys, but by professionals, who probably know how to sell the car (or the parts) as well... Take care mate, hope you'll be back in a nice track toy again soon!  

--

Porsche, separates Le Mans from Le Boys

Gnil:

I also can’t believe it. I keep looking at the place it was parked hoping to see it and that this was just a bad dream. But it is not. My car is gone. 
    I was parked in one of the upper park space from Hotel Tiergarten.  No cameras. No one witnessed anything. Thinking they might have stolen the key codes when I locked it …. 
    So hard to believe.   It can’t be easy to sell a lizard green GT3 RS . 

I did not activate car connect. Wonder if that would of made a difference ? 

I'm thinking it had to be a pre-order job, they had a pre arranged customer (probably in eastern Europe, Russia, etc) who wanted specifically an RS and it was carried out by professionals who went to a place we're it was easier to find an RS (nurburgring area hotels), found a target, watched it until it was the right time and place and took it, they had the tools, expertise, controlled any cameras, etc... nothing you could do is they wanted it I guess Smiley

Unreal. Hope they find the car asap…

--

997.2 4S / BMW 745e / Donkervoort GT 

Horror...I´m so sorry for you...laugh.

This car will be torn up in parts and you will find them over the next months in ebay...I will have a look after Lizzard Green parts.

Heads up - I´m looking forward to your 992 GT3 RS.kiss

Blueflame

Kobalt:

What I’ve hear is that this is not very common in Nürburg.

Fwiw: I’d like to correct myself: if this is common or not is probably subjective. When I ask around I get different answers.

So so sorry, Gnil.

Absolute scum bags. 

Here in the UK it's pretty much a must to have the Car Connect, ''fully'',  active. Such a shame that someone has taken ownership enjoyment from you.

All the best, buddy

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.

991 GT3.2 pick up April/May 2018. ( Hairy Chest Spec ).

Vauxhall Zafira 1.6 Exclusive pick up June 2013. ( Shit Box )

Rennteam Hairy Chest Advisor.

Sad news and I hope that there’s a positive outcome for you.  

Without keys, isn’t difficult to steal the car? It would require considerable effort to take the car. How is it done? 

--

The purpose of life is to enjoy the moment.

Oh no !! This is unbelievable, I’m so sorry Eric. I hope that there can be some resolution laugh

The theft of any car is a great loss and of such a charismatic sports car something even worse.

I am very sorry Gnil, for this predicament at your favourite place.

I believe that since many years the key throws a different code each time it is used. So the method of a bystander remotely stealing a unique fixed code was a fraud of the past.

Probably the car was lifted and loaded on a recovery truck in the way illegally parked cars are dealt with. The thieves must have assumed that this would appear to anyone who happened to be observing as a legitimate recovery of a broken down/damaged vehicle at the NBR for the purpose of being transported to a workshop.

--

"Porsche....and Nothing else matters"

reginos:

The theft of any car is a great loss and of such a charismatic sports car something even worse.

I believe that since many years the key throws a different code each time it is used. So the method of a bystander remotely stealing a unique fixed code was a fraud of the past.

Probably the car was lifted and loaded on a recovery truck in the way illegally parked cars are dealt with. The thieves must have assumed that this would appear to anyone who happened to be observing as a legitimate recovery of a broken down/damaged vehicle at the NBR for the purpose of being transported to a workshop.

--

Lifting it and loading on a truck takes time, specialized equipment and makes a lot of noise especially at night. It would attract a lot of attention. Strange no one has stepped forward to report the theft.

The good news is you'll get almost full value of the car from the insurance company.

--

laughsorry to read that, Eric. I am also a big fan of Nurburgring and I am shocked to see this can still happen there. It must be done by real experts. These cars are not easy to make disappear. 

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual

Cayenne GTS 2014

nberry:
    reginos:

--

Lifting it and loading on a truck takes time, specialized equipment and makes a lot of noise especially at night. It would attract a lot of attention. Strange no one has stepped forward to report the theft.

The good news is you'll get almost full value of the car from the insurance company.

I don't know how insurances work in Switzerland but here in Spain, unless you pay for an insurance contract that specifically uses market value of the car, then you will be reimbursed for what the car is going for in the second hand market, I have mine like that, otherwise you get "book value" and that is just peanuts, only a small fraction of the actual value of the car in reality At least here in Spain it's like that.

Could it been a code theft when locking the car? They use a device that 'duplicate' the key signal digitally, and then open and start the car with the same code.

Happens a lot with keyless BMW's around here, everybody I know keeps his keys in sealed metal boxes at home that stops any signal...

--

997.2 4S / BMW 745e / Donkervoort GT 

Thanks a lot for all your support, guys.  
    Some sentences nailed my feelings in a few words. 
    My mind is playing with the “ what if ‘s “  Not quite ready for the “ what’ s next “ yet. 
    Can’t imagine not hearing that engine scream anymore. 
    Seems a few cars have been stolen this summer at the Ring . More then usually. 
    Not a matter people like to discuss over here (at the Ring) for many reasons. 
    My insurance man informed me another M2 Competition was stolen this week end + some RS and GT3 back wings. 
    Most think it is heading to the Eastern Europe to get dismounted and sold in parts. The women police I last spoke to thinks this kind of comments are just discrimination. 
     Car was probably stolen between 3 and 5 AM. 

Not looking forward to what the insurance will offer. 

--

I am so sorry Eric!

--

1992 964 Carrera 2 - 2016 Macan S Diesel - 2018 Mini JCW

Gnil:

Thanks a lot for all your support, guys.  
    Some sentences nailed my feelings in a few words. 
    My mind is playing with the “ what if ‘s “  Not quite ready for the “ what’ s next “ yet. 
    Can’t imagine not hearing that engine scream anymore. 
    Seems a few cars have been stolen this summer at the Ring . More then usually. 
    Not a matter people like to discuss over here (at the Ring) for many reasons. 
    My insurance man informed me another M2 Competition was stolen this week end + some RS and GT3 back wings. 
    Most think it is heading to the Eastern Europe to get dismounted and sold in parts. The women police I last spoke to thinks this kind of comments are just discrimination. 
     Car was probably stolen between 3 and 5 AM. 

Not looking forward to what the insurance will offer. 

Be prepared to argue the enhanced values of the RS in this market. Used cars values of most models are at an all time high often over MSRP. A low production model like the RS even though used should fetch close to MSRP.

Don't accept a low ball offer.Smiley

Carlos, you're right. A stated value policy makes sense.Smiley

--

Just gutted to hear your story.  No words can make it right, but I do hope you are made whole.

So sorry Nick...hard to believe that no one saw anything!!

Learned a lot about traking systems , specially the integrated Car Connect one..... seems to be just a reassurance, unless you have amateurs who steal your car.

Preparing myself to have a fight with the insurance if they don't make an honest offer.

In the mean time, I'm looking at the Ring from the outside, a Ring without any car .

IMG_4857.jpg

IMG_4850.jpg

--

That is heartbreaking surprise

Eric, if the insurance gives you a low offer, I would suggest hiring a expert on insurance claims that knows all the tricks. I know one here that used to work for insurances and now he is on the opposite side helping people fight insurances with their claims, I know him from the local Porsche meets and have talked to him about it, the stories he tells of how insurances screw over people are shocking, he knows all their tricks, inside info, small clauses, how judges usually rule in favor of depending, etc. in order to beat them.

Could it be that the bad guys may have planned everything in advance using information from forums like this one and other social media sites?

--

If I don't fly, I drive my .:RS :)

Eric - I had hood help of a lawyer when my insurance company didn’t cooperate.
    I felt that their offer wasn’t right but I didn’t have the language or knowledge to convince them myself.

The lawyer really helped in my case. (Of course it all has to do with what is in the terms of your insurance.)

Carlos from Spain:

That is heartbreaking surprise

Eric, if the insurance gives you a low offer, I would suggest hiring a expert on insurance claims that knows all the tricks. I know one here that used to work for insurances and now he is on the opposite side helping people fight insurances with their claims, I know him from the local Porsche meets and have talked to him about it, the stories he tells of how insurances screw over people are shocking, he knows all their tricks, inside info, small clauses, how judges usually rule in favor of depending, etc. in order to beat them.

I probably have to wait about a month before the insurance decides to close the case.  Thanks for the tip. I could come back to you. 

--

Kobalt:

Eric - I had hood help of a lawyer when my insurance company didn’t cooperate.
    I felt that their offer wasn’t right but I didn’t have the language or knowledge to convince them myself.

The lawyer really helped in my case. (Of course it all has to do with what is in the terms of your insurance.)

I know I might have to do that when the time comes. But I have first to see what it is going to be. I have not even yet looked at my contract. 

--

Pilot:

Could it be that the bad guys may have planned everything in advance using information from forums like this one and other social media sites?

Gladstone and I were discussing this over a beer or two last night. Hmmm

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    761911 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    435084 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260358 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257442 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80895 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5318 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

871945 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    807297 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM