Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Bahrain F1 GP

This weekend is the Bahrain GP of Formula 1.

- Schummacher will get to use the new 2005 F1, will it be up to par with the McLaren, Toyota, Renault, etc.? Last year Shummi with his Ferrari dominated by making pole, fastest lap, and won the race. How much of that was due to the total dominace of his car over the other driver's inferior cars? ... we will see this weekend

- Montoya hurt his shoulder playing tennis so test driver Pedro Martinez de la Rosa will be taking his place, and be careful with him because he is really motivated to do a good job.

- Fernando Alonso has some presure to perform well, last year he spinned it in the clasifying and had to start form the back of the grid but ended up making a great race scalating many places.

Re: Bahrain F1 GP

Also be interested if Button's outburst at the last grandprix have made Honda buck up, or if they'll give Sato a better car as Button's probably off to Williams for '06.

Yes, its a pity the trouble they are having

I expect Ferrari to be top 5 in qualifying and possibly to win the race.. same for McLaren...but I hope Renault do the job again.. Come on Fisi!!

Just shows that the ones with the better material really win the race.
    Schumacher has an inferior car - he loses.
    Schumacher has the best car - he wins.
    Simple equasion.

Think it's safe to say that Schumi owns his championships to the Ferrari mechanics and his insanely aggressive driving style - and not his so called talent.

Good to see other drivers on the podium. I think we will see a new breed of drivers that will blow the "old" generation right out of the water.

My money is on Iceman and Fireball (tennis injury, I heard) and Coulthard as my favourite outsider.

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    Simple equasion.

Think it's safe to say that Schumi owns his championships to the Ferrari mechanics and his insanely aggressive driving style - and not his so called talent.

Wrong! Take a look at Barrichello's record over the last 7 years when they had the same car...

To Schumacher's credit, in the rain where skill is more important than the equipment, he's pretty dominant.

Ayrton Senna however is still the best that ever lived in my book and his record # of pole positions vs. races entered will be very difficult to beat.

Any word on how to see some of the 997 GT3 supercup action. TV, online video, pictures, anything?

I think the F 2005 will lag behind Renault and Mclaren, maybe even Toyota. Also expecting one of them to blow up. Hopefully the BAR's can do some damage.

Quote:
    Grant said:
    Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    Simple equasion.

Wrong! Take a look at Barrichello's record over the last 7 years when they had the same car...

True to some extend, although I believe team order and politics also has a role here.
    I wish Barri the best of luck. He is both a talented driver and seems like a very pleasent person, too. Unlike other drivers in the F stable...hmm...who could that be?

Hellooo! two spaniards at the top of the clasification (test pilot's times don't count, they make many laps since their engines and tires won't race):

Alonso first, with almost a second over his teamate Fisi, and the Pedro Martinez de la Rosa second, in front of his teamate Kimi! and he didn't even know the track, he never rode in Bahrain before.

Looks like even with the 2005F1 Schummi didn't match the leaders, he better shape up or we will start to think he is very good but not the best without a better car

BTW, if you guys remember Alonso in the podium of Malaysia GP not being able to stand up and having to bend over and kneel, it was because the drinking apparatus did not work in the race and had not drank anything during the race! so he was almost fainting form dehydration and exhaustion

Quote:
    Grant said:

Barichelo has to fight twice as hard his own team than the other competitors, he always gets the poor end of the stick in parts, startegies, testing, etc. Like when he was going to win the race but was forced by team manager to slow down to let Schumacher overtake him and take the win. Pathetic, one of the lowest moments in F1 history.

With a teamate and team startegy like that no driver can have a good record. Just this weekend in Bahrain without going any further for example. Barichelo only had TWO timed laps practice this WHOLE entire weekend because his gearbox broke and was denied the spair gearbox just in case Schummi needs it the result, in todays saturday qualifying he had no clue about the braking points/references on the new F2005 car in this track and he missed a corner, locked the tires and blew his qualifying lap time.
    Everytime he finishes in front of Schummi, I'm happy becuase of this, and because he is a gentleman on the track unlike his teamate and down-to-earth and always friendly...

Saturday Qualifying:

1st Alonso
    2nd Fisi
    3rd Schummi

yeh, really feel for Rubins, I hope they get the gearbox sorted and he drives a good race tomorrow..
    Good on Alonso looks like the Renaults still have mega pace..as do the Toyotas..Heidfeld is doing well too..I'm looking forward to the race..

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    Saturday Qualifying:

1st Alonso
    2nd Fisi
    3rd Schummi

Trulli is the 2nd http://www.formula1.com/race/result/734/19.html

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    Hellooo! two spaniards at the top of the clasification (test pilot's times don't count, they make many laps since their engines and tires won't race):

Alonso first, with almost a second over his teamate Fisi, and the Pedro Martinez de la Rosa second, in front of his teamate Kimi! and he didn't even know the track, he never rode in Bahrain before.

Looks like even with the 2005F1 Schummi didn't match the leaders, he better shape up or we will start to think he is very good but not the best without a better car

BTW, if you guys remember Alonso in the podium of Malaysia GP not being able to stand up and having to bend over and kneel, it was because the drinking apparatus did not work in the race and had not drank anything during the race! so he was almost fainting form dehydration and exhaustion

Alonso is the best, Schumi had his time, now is time for Magic Alonso

Quote:
    Lamzik said:
    Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    Saturday Qualifying:

1st Alonso
    2nd Fisi
    3rd Schummi

Trulli is the 2nd http://www.formula1.com/race/result/734/19.html

Ooops, sorry for the typo

Yeah, Rubens gets the short end sometimes, but even if you take that into account, he is nowhere near as fast as Michael if you look at the big picture over the last years. Would he have won a few more races? Yes, but he never could've been a 7-time champion like Michael...

I agree he may not have exactly matched Michael's record, but with exact equal opportunity within the team (I know it can never be in any team) it would have been a lot closer than what it is, comparing Ruben's record with Michael's as it is, is not fair to Ruben.
    And not only would Bari gotten closer to Michael, but also Michael would of gotten closer to Bari, in other words, Michael's record would not have been that great without the favoritism. But its got to be that way for the team's best interest.
    And not to mention what Michael's record would be without the advantage the car has had in all these years, there is a fistful of drivers who could of taken the championship as well given his place in that car. Formula 1 is 70% car, 30% driver unfortunately, no matter how many new rules they have introduced over these years (Schummi's era) to change that.
    Compare Schummacher to MotoGP's Valentino Rossi for example, and you will see the difference between a very very good driver that Michael is, and a true genious and talent above all rest that Rossi is.

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    ...and a true genious and talent above all rest that Rossi is.

Er, thanks mate, you embarrassing me.

Nah, just kidding.

But when talking about Schuhmacher and Ferrari, we should not forget one thing: IMO Schuhmacher played a big, big role in the game "How to make Ferrari competitive again". Ferrari, a once famous Italian race car company who nearly lost it all over the last decades and finally only was known for red cars, that were more or less nice to look at, but haven't been a match for the rest of the F1-bunch.
    And it was (not only, but certainly among others) Schuhmacher's perfectionism and will to work hard, that turned Ferrari into a winning team again.

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    .... if you guys remember Alonso in the podium of Malaysia GP not being able to stand up and having to bend over and kneel, it was because the drinking apparatus did not work in the race and had not drank anything during the race!

Hey, I've known guys who can't stand up and have to bend over or kneel even though they have been able to drink something .....!

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    But when talking about Schuhmacher and Ferrari, we should not forget one thing: IMO Schuhmacher played a big, big role in the game "How to make Ferrari competitive again". Ferrari, a once famous Italian race car company who nearly lost it all over the last decades and finally only was known for red cars, that were more or less nice to look at, but haven't been a match for the rest of the F1-bunch.
    And it was (not only, but certainly among others) Schuhmacher's perfectionism and will to work hard, that turned Ferrari into a winning team again.

It takes more than one factor to be as consistently good as Ferrari has been over the lost few years.
    I think it has to be a combination of: Todt, Brawn, Byrne, Schumacher ...... and then there is the guy who had the vision to get them all together in one team ......

Quote:
    fritz said:
    It takes more than one factor to be as consistently good as Ferrari has been over the lost few years.
    I think it has to be a combination of: Todt, Brawn, Byrne, Schumacher ...... and then there is the guy who had the vision to get them all together in one team ......

As I said, Schuhmacher is one of the factors of Ferrari's success in the past, among others. But he surely doesn't have the smallest part. BTW, Ferrari often has been critized for being too Schuhmacher-orientated. All that tattle about poor Barichello, always coming second. Allow me the question, what's wrong with that strategy, if it leads to that massive success Ferrari and Schuhmacher had over the last couple of years?

All this Schumacher bashing is pretty funny. Ask virtually ANYONE on the inside of the sport and they will tell you he is the acknowledged as the master by one and all.

Gary

I don't think you'd find funny Jean Todt's statements to the Gazzetta dello Sport a couiple of weeks ago then ... better grab a chair

http://www.formula1.com/race/result/734/8.html
    Very nice victory for Alonso, great driving for de la Rosa as well

Agreed,
    Alonso 2, Schumacher 0

McLaren, please give De La Rosa a permanent seat! I haven't seen so much action and fighting spirit in years of Formula 1!! (agressiveness but without dirty work like JPM or R.Schumacher)... what a show he put on

By the way - why Montoya didn't race today ?

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    McLaren, please give De La Rosa a permanent seat! I haven't seen so much action and fighting spirit in years of Formula 1!!

He was great
    Now he just needs to learn to contain his excitement and drive safer

Great drive by Alonso.. and De La Rosa made some daft moves but was very quick, that would have done him some good. The Ferrari's really do look crap.. I really think they'll be worried..really gald Toyota are finally doing well, again a solid drive by Trulli.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    780873 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442552 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263338 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261666 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85801 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5912 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881419 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    818845 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM