Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 992 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020)

Great vid!

Has anyone here tried those seats in the new turbo S? Always pissed me off you couldn’t order racing seats but those look like they work? Comment??

The turbo S is the monster for Malibu- Rockies runs 100-170 mph in poor pavement and rain. How ever the Roma gets same done well enough as you’re not racing hammer down on these 1,000 mile runs but running hard with a margin of safety.

The gt3 is clearly improved but both are big for such small interior capacity. I bet Eric is gleefully awaiting the RS!

2 seater road runs is 5% of my life so I doubt I’ll buy either. Tracking of course the gt3, but at least two years of recovery away from the thought of G on my neck

Extremely high quality video, thanks 

The 18 way in the 992 is pretty much on par, indistinguishable, as compared to the 18 way on the 991, despite the different look. So if you were happy with the 991 seats in stability, you will be happy with the 992 seats. 

I am 5'10 170lbs, and I always find the Porsche 18 ways quite a perfect fit for me and works really well even through all the 180s at the alpine passes. 

Even the hardness/softness of the seat filling is the same.

--

What do you think will the be again an exlusive series of the 992 Turbo?

The 991 Exclusive Series cars were trial run for Porsche's Exclusive Manufaktur, and with the knowledge of making those cars they are doing 6 Heritage Series cars for 992. 

Porsche has 5 more Heritage Series cars coming after the Heritage Targa 4S, so likely not going to be another Exclusive Series.  

--

Do you think there will we other limited series of the 992 like a R or other version?

JR-550:

Do you think there will we other limited series of the 992 like a R or other version?

Definitely. Heritage Series by default are limited series cars. 

That was the whole point for Porsche testing out Exclusive Manufaktur with the Exclusive Series cars. 

They are a easy cash cow after all. Doesn't cost them too much more to make, but sells for a bit more than normal cars. 

--

What about a 992 GT3 touring in Heritage, this could be a good addition?

JR-550:

What about a 992 GT3 touring in Heritage, this could be a good addition?

Put a ducktail on it and call it a 911RS. Then offer the ducktail as an option for the 993 Touring and watch the 991R v Touring debate spark up again. 

Porsche had been pretty tight lipped about their remaining 5 Heritage Series cars. Other than the Sport Classic, which will be based on the turbo S and have the duck tail.

Everything else right now is pure speculation. 

I think there will be a 718 sendoff. Perhaps a 550 Spyder tribute. 

Redo a Transsyberia Cayenne? won't cost too much from their standpoint but it's only been 14 years since they did the original.

Could they resurrect the 911 SC name plate? Or the 3.2 Carrera? Maybe. 

A Safari 911 might be a stretch too far however. Too much mechanical difference to their regular production cars, Exclusive Manufaktur mostly do cosmetic trims. 

Highly likely they will do another Speedster and place it under the Heritage Series label, with the gold letterings. 

Last model series for Macan, it's going electric next time around, it might get a sendoff edition, but really the Macan don't really have much heritage however. 

Porsche is making so many 911 variants right now, they are almost running out of niches to slot something in. Only one I can think off off the top of my head is a 992 turbo Targa, they haven't had a turbo Targa for a long time now, and it's relatively cheap and easy for them to raid the parts bin to put one together.

911R had been done last time around, and now they have a GT3 Touring model already. 

--

a  Transsyberia Cayennenwith actual low range?  Gee might even buy a Porsche suv again

Checked with my dealer on the sport classic. He has already 4 pre-orders, thinks he will get 2 cars max. Crazy. I think there are people who put pre orders in at all possible versions to come. The limited cars are getting worse then getting a rolex daytona. heart

The other Prosche dealer here in the area has 2 991 spyder on sale. In germany there are also a few on sale. Seems that Prosche prefers to sell to flippers.

watt:

a  Transsyberia Cayennenwith actual low range?  Gee might even buy a Porsche suv again

Haha, don't hold your breath for a low range gearbox. Porsche isn't going through certification process again just for a limited number of cars. 

--

JR-550:

The other Prosche dealer here in the area has 2 991 spyder on sale. In germany there are also a few on sale. Seems that Prosche prefers to sell to flippers.

Porsche dealers, not Porsche. The dealers are actual customers of Porsche, we are only customers of the dealers. 

--

Sorry guys, question, does Porsche own the dealers or not? In Europe i think by and large yes. Not the case in the US?

996FourEss:

Sorry guys, question, does Porsche own the dealers or not? In Europe i think by and large yes. Not the case in the US?

By law car makers cannot own their dealerships here in North America, hence why you keep hearing and reading about horror stories on bad dealers. 

Even in Europe, Porsche doesn't own all the dealerships, of the top of my head, I can only think of two, the one in Zuffenhausen and one more in Austria.

It really isn't wise for a car maker to own their dealerships, they are a major capital investment each and every single one of them and it's better to have someone else doing that and use the money saved for something else. 

No one entity is great at everything, everything in house sounds nice, but only if the company excel in everything. I mean, look no farther than Tesla. They are trying to do everything in house, but it is a well known fact that they failed at the service part. Or even parts supply. 

--

996FourEss:

In Switzerland they are all privately owned. But Porsche will intervene if there are problems. 

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm -- 991.2 GT3 RS 

In Belgium al (but one) are owned by the porsche importer, same situation in the Netherlands.

Now I may have to sell my Tesla. Please Whoopsy - do tell me about the service issues and parts problems at Tesla. 
    I was not aware of anything - my car has been flawless but of course it could just fall apart any second. 
    Have I told you my horror stories about Porsche Service and the thousands of dollars I have spent on air cooled engine rebuilds or turbo cooling problems?  You are joking about Tesla, right?

Well, if you Tesla has been flawless, how would you know about any service or parts issues?

KMM:

Well, if you Tesla has been flawless, how would you know about any service or parts issues?

SmileySmileySmiley

He wouldn't not have known the Tesla service number has a long wait time, service appointments are booked far in advance and also the long wait for parts. Without local dealers there won't be local warehouse for parts or local service centres. 

For any other car, if there is a problem, there will always be at least one dealer close by to be able to take care of the car.

--

Leawood911:

Now I may have to sell my Tesla. Please Whoopsy - do tell me about the service issues and parts problems at Tesla. 
    I was not aware of anything - my car has been flawless but of course it could just fall apart any second. 
    Have I told you my horror stories about Porsche Service and the thousands of dollars I have spent on air cooled engine rebuilds or turbo cooling problems?  You are joking about Tesla, right?

For once, would you stop arguing just for argument sake? 

You spending thousands of dollars on servicing Porsches have no bearing on whether Tesla has local dealers/service centres. TWO DIFFERENT THING. We talking about WHERE to service a car, not HOW MUCH to service a car.

--

Seems to be that every tread is this forum keeps returning to Telsa vs rest of the world (or the other way around). This is slowly getting very boring and annoying.

+1

I too find the discussion extensive on the forum but hardly surprising when the market cap of Tesla dwarfs the entire business of making and selling cars.  The car companies and the entire industry wonder what they have been doing wrong and even fear the existence in the coming years.  

I have a Taycan and I frequently drive it as it is the most convenient car at the moment, but I also need a track car for a track membership I belong to and BEV isn't just good at it at the moment.  

Thank Whoopsy in the tangent into Tesla service. FYI the three times I have visited them it was my fault.  In one case a problem with the way I mounted my snow tires. Never have they taken more than 15 minutes nor have they had any parts shortage. Might want to also consider they don’t need service and have few parts which break in the first place. They do need to make parts more available for their party repair but that is happening. 

Whoopsy:
    Leawood911:

You spending thousands of dollars on servicing Porsches have no bearing on whether Tesla has local dealers/service centres. TWO DIFFERENT THING. We talking about WHERE to service a car, not HOW MUCH to service a car.

Then maybe you should not so obviously bait me with silly Tesla facts which are FUD. Lol. 
    If I was a dick about this Tesla thing I would endlessly post Plaid drag race videos etc. I never do that. I never go out of my way to start any Tesla discussion or announce any new products or achievements.  I just hate FUD. 
    have a nice weekend. 

Jean:

I too find the discussion extensive on the forum but hardly surprising when the market cap of Tesla dwarfs the entire business of making and selling cars.  The car companies and the entire industry wonder what they have been doing wrong and even fear the existence in the coming years.  

I have a Taycan and I frequently drive it as it is the most convenient car at the moment, but I also need a track car for a track membership I belong to and BEV isn't just good at it at the moment.  

True on all accounts which is why still love driving my 997 turbo. 

Leawood911:
    Whoopsy:
    Leawood911:

Then maybe you should not so obviously bait me with silly Tesla facts which are FUD. Lol. 
    If I was a dick about this Tesla thing I would endlessly post Plaid drag race videos etc. I never do that. I never go out of my way to start any Tesla discussion or announce any new products or achievements.  I just hate FUD. 
    have a nice weekend. 

How is that baiting when stating the obvious? Tesla is the only car maker not to have a dealer network🙄😏

--

And auto dealers are such pleasant folks who add so much value.  Tell us another ‘shortcoming’. Please. 
    Personally I am for free enterprise and welcome people who shake up the existing preconceived notions.  Do you buy a lot of stuff from only dealer networks?  I wonder why that is?  Makes as much sense as unions. 
    And it is baiting when in the middle of a nice Turbo S discussion you can’t help but toss in some nonsense FUD. That’s all. Happy Friday!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/17/24 7:48 AM
    GnilM
    661293 1775
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    400959 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    254567 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    229015 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    59367 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4374 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

853332 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    761451 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM