Crown

Board: Porsche Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

What do you think??

check out this thread over @ flat 6
    http://www.theautobahn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12366

you think that guy is bs'ing or what?

Re: What do you think??

Hey sdy284. I'm still undecided on that one. The pics of the carrera GT he posted is black or midnight blue. Not cobalt. That's impossible. (99% sure it's impossible)

We'll see. The 968 he posted raises even more questions. Anyway, as someone said, it's getting hilarious. So much fun in one thread, it's non expected...

There's one photo of the CGT where the top of the left fender looks like it may be cobalt. I have a cobalt 996 and the color can look a little dark in certain lighting but I agree it's probably not that color. I love how the guy was all into taking & posting pictures once the car was back from the detailer but then suddenly he's too busy to take any pictures.

hmmmm...until he posts more pictures we really can't tell...but its possible. btw I would love to own a Carrera GT at only 25

Pure BS
    CGT Paint to sample is $15,500 not 20 as stated.
    No way that is Cobalt Blue...Midnight maybe...most likely Black
    I really liked the 10 year loan statement.

I hate people who try to scam others

Quote:
    Trundle997S said:
    Pure BS
    CGT Paint to sample is $15,500 not 20 as stated.
    No way that is Cobalt Blue...Midnight maybe...most likely Black
    I really liked the 10 year loan statement.

I hate people who try to scam others

i totally agree with you. I mean if this guy has so much money in the first place...why did he need a loan?

his age should not be taken into consideration on judging truth from lies.

for example, im 18, you would have never gussed that would you?

however, back on topic, i'm going to call BS, that car really looks black, he may have altered the color saturation on the photos eve so slightly to make it appear blueish.

it certainly doesnt look like cobalt.

and ive never heard of a 10 year loan on a car.

hes a troll, or some insecure loser wanting attention. in either case, hes a bad liar.

Quote:
    Moogle said:
    his age should not be taken into consideration on judging truth from lies.

however, back on topic, i'm going to call BS, that car really looks black, he may have altered the color saturation on the photos eve so slightly to make it appear blueish.

it certainly doesnt look like cobalt.

and ive never heard of a 10 year loan on a car.

hes a troll, or some insecure loser wanting attention. in either case, hes a bad liar.

wait a second your 18?!?!?! I'm only a year younger then you!

An obvious waste of time after the photos, if photos cant convince then what can?

BTW, I'm satelles18r over there ..I was really looking forward to seeing what a cobalt blue CGT would look like, owell.

Quote:
    Ryan in SD said:
    An obvious waste of time after the photos, if photos cant convince then what can?

BTW, I'm satelles18r over there ..I was really looking forward to seeing what a cobalt blue CGT would look like, owell.

Me too...A carrera GT in cobalt would look so good...

Quote:
    sdy284 said:
    you think that guy is bs'ing or what?

Yes:)
    Just a stupid kid trying to make an impression.
    Nothing new, btw

Quote:
    Moogle said:

I would've guessed 16. Nevertheless, you claim to own a '05 GT3, '05 turbo cab S, and some others. I think it's time for some pics from you.

Ok I know I said it was a waste of time but I set a little trap...lets see if he goes for it.

http://www.flat-6.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12189

Quote:
    svtrader1 said:
    I would've guessed 16. Nevertheless, you claim to own a '05 GT3, '05 turbo cab S, and some others. I think it's time for some pics from you.

A simple search of Moogle's posts will show that he has posted many pics of his cars. I was also 18 when I bought my first new Porsche. Even though it was only a 914, a new 911 was only $2,500 more, well within my budget at the time.

Quote:
    vtrader said:
    A simple search of Moogle's posts will show that he has posted many pics of his cars.

I couldn't find them. Maybe you or Moogle could provide a link. In any event, I find it hard to believe any 18 year old kid could afford those types of cars, unless of course, he's a relative of the Rockefeller's or some kind of child star.

Hey Moggle, didn't you post on PPBB that you were 17 like 3 years ago when you first got your Box S??? Hmmm...

Quote:
    I couldn't find them. Maybe you or Moogle could provide a link. In any event, I find it hard to believe any 18 year old kid could afford those types of cars, unless of course, he's a relative of the Rockefeller's or some kind of child star.

I have seen Moogle's photos of his cars and have no reason to question them. How he might be able to afford them is not really my business. Rennteam is a place where members treat each other with respect and we really don't have many pretenders here. There are a few, but not many. Rennteam members are mostly adult enthusiasts that actually do own the cars they discuss. Now let's try to steer this discussion back toward cars.

Quote:
    GM Austin said:
    I have seen Moogle's photos of his cars and have no reason to question them. How he might be able to afford them is not really my business. Rennteam is a place where members treat each other with respect and we really don't have many pretenders here. There are a few, but not many. Rennteam members are mostly adult enthusiasts that actually do own the cars they discuss. Now let's try to steer this discussion back toward cars.

I think if Rennteam were to establish more credibility as an adult oriented sportscar forum, it would first need to weed out any person claiming to be something he/she is not.

With regards to pics, any person can take pics of any car and post them claiming to be the owner. This was precisely the topic of this thread regarding another website. If Rennteam does not take any "pretenders" to task, I'm afraid this will turn it into a haven for such "pretenders."

I would'nt want to be a part of that.

Quote:
    AutobahnBoggie said:
    Hey Moggle, didn't you post on PPBB that you were 17 like 3 years ago when you first got your Box S??? Hmmm...

BUSTED!

LOL Trial by Internet !

I bought my first Porsche 914 1.7 in 73 when I was 19, since then I have accumulated whiskey boxes of Porsche service invoices from 8 other Porsche street cars and two race cars.

I suggest validating anyones Porsche ownership by aggregate weight of service reciepts!

Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:
    LOL Trial by Internet !

I bought my first Porsche 914 1.7 in 73 when I was 19, since then I have accumulated whiskey boxes of Porsche service invoices from 8 other Porsche street cars and two race cars.

I suggest validating anyones Porsche ownership by aggregate weight of service reciepts!

you would be fighting an unfair battle against the cayenne owners

You are probably right!

Apparently, nothing beats a Cayenne when it comes to generating service paperwork!

But then again, maybe Porsche designed it like that so
    the weight of the service paperwork would match the vehicle size.

I was thinking about buying a Cayenne, but anecdotal internet information makes a Maserati Quattroporte look
    like a more relaible choice!

Tic, toc...as time goes by.

Quote:
    AutobahnBoggie said:
    Tic, toc...as time goes by.

Pretty simple for me to find his GT3 pics. In case you can not find them, here is the link:

http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=60963&page=1&fpart=1&vc=1

If you do further searches, you will find a picture of that same car in his garage with? The Boxster.

I don't need to see them first of all. Second of all you may not know Moogle's history years before he become a "knowledgeable Rennteamer," when he used to post immature and meaningless post to tally up his monthly post count (on PPBB) which annoyed many people. Anyone can take pics and say its their GT3, its very simple (could be a family member for all we know). Nice to stick up for him though. I think he's a big enough man and can respond for him self (or 17, 18, 20, how knows???) Not responding to a flat out lie about your age (I remember him stating this vividly 3 years ago, a 17yr old with a 60k car and his post you don't forget). puts a dent in your creditability if you ask me. Moogle comes off as a bit of an intellectual, so he gets by, but as time has passed he become more arrogant and snobbish (I'm not the only one who has felt this) in more than enough post plus the fact he lied, so that's the reason for responding to this thread.

Dear AutobahnBoggie,

Regardless of his past, age, or car ownership we are all here because we share a passion and that is "Sports Cars". Let's not bash one another and try to stay focuse on the main subject which is "Porsche" & Sports cars .

Quote:
    AutobahnBoggie said:
    ...Not responding to a flat out lie about your age (I remember him stating this vividly 3 years ago, a 17yr old with a 60k car and his post you don't forget). puts a dent in your creditability if you ask me...

When I got my 914, it was the equivalent of a $60K car at the time. I just turned 18. By the time I was 22, I already owned 2 new Porsches and a new BMW plus a new Chevy that I bought at 17. There are some kids that are focused at 18. To say that because you are young and can not buy a Porsche is just plain ignorant. And in my case, I came from a middle class blue collar family. No trust funds, nothing. I got those cars from studying hard in school and getting a very very good and decent paying job when I was 17.

In fact there are several older Rennteam members who got their first Porsches at a very young age.

You have been here a short time with three negative posts against a long time member here in Rennteam. Do you not think we would not stand-up for a fellow Rennteam member? Hopefully those were the last and you can contribute something positive.

Quote:
    When I got my 914, it was the equivalent of a $60K car at the time. I just turned 18. By the time I was 22, I already owned 2 new Porsches and a new BMW plus a new Chevy that I bought at 17. There are some kids that are focused at 18. To say that because you are young and can not buy a Porsche is just plain ignorant. And in my case, I came from a middle class blue collar family. No trust funds, nothing. I got those cars from studying hard in school and getting a very very good and decent paying job when I was 17.

In fact there are several older Rennteam members who got their first Porsches at a very young age.

You have been here a short time with three negative posts against a long time member here in Rennteam. Do you not think we would not stand-up for a fellow Rennteam member? Hopefully those were the last and you can contribute something positive.

That sounds great and all, but that's not MY point. I've been lurking this site from time to time for YEARS, even before Moogle became a regular poster,since its great site for the latest car news. Just because I don't post doesn't mean I can't. As usual I lurk and read posts. I saw this thread on someone who seems to be dishonest on a Cobalt blue CGT. Moogle, comments and states he age as usual, but to ME its odd when he stated he age was 17 3 YEARS AGO. I didn't say anything about cars. Only reference I made about a car is when I said I can't forget a guy that age with 60k car and all HIS annoying posts that he racked up when his first hit the board scene. Never did I say someone that age can't have a car costing that much. There was another poster questioning his car ownership, not me. Is anyone getting on him(maybe not because he is a regualr posting member)? I don't know if he possess all those cars, nor do I really care. Maybe, maybe not. But when you lie it knocks your creditability. This thread was initially on dishonesty, so there's nothing wrong with pointing out. I understand you are defending your Rennteam buddy, but it is what it is. And can I guy speak for himself??

Quote:
    stay focuse on the main subject which is "Porsche" & Sports cars

I'm done guys, back to enjoying the site, no malice towards any of you regulars.

Quote:
    AutobahnBoggie said:
    Quote:
    stay focuse on the main subject which is "Porsche" & Sports cars

I'm done guys, back to enjoying the site, no malice towards any of you regulars.

oh, i was gonna say...
    here are Moogle's Posts

find the age descrepancy you speak of

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688496 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408685 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255520 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234765 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65384 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4634 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857555 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773336 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM