Crown

Board: Motor Sports Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: [2021] Formula 1

Aston and Alfa liveries this weekend:

Aston Martin (007):

Alfa Romeo (Il Tricolore):

I know I sound like a broken record with my irrational love for Aston, but their car is the most beautiful on the grid. 

But the 007 affiliation is getting cringe....

--

997.2 4S / BMW 745e / Donkervoort GT 

spudgun:

But the 007 affiliation is getting cringe....

Exactly. Especially on a car that has nothing to do with the Aston-brand at all.

--

2004 Porsche 996 GT3 RS  / 2018 Mercedes-AMG E63 S / 2020 Ferrari 812SF

Sponsorship money.

George Russell's Helmet Cam at Spa | 2021 Italian Grand Prix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FOm8GAyd7I

kiss

Rabbit/hare crossing the track heart

https://streamable.com/geq33o

Vettel almost crashes into LH car in the pit lane: https://streamable.com/dfxffs

Qualifying notebook:

Norris in the Mclaren. Wow wow wow. Heck Ricciardo is another wow. Those McLarens are shining on fast track. 

Gasly in the Alpha Tauri, also wow. 

Bit of a surprise for Sainz to go ahead of Leclerc. 

Bottas doing his once in a while one hit wonder again in qualifying. Man, if only he can do consistent race pace. 

Max really needs to watch his mouth. Such a foul mouth brat. Literally his radio calls are just beeps beeps beeps beeps. He needs to learn proper manners. Kids are watching F1 too, and he is setting such a bad example. Maybe he is trying to keep up his bad boy image. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Monza gave Mercedes opportunities to run low drag wings, stretching it's legs. It doesn't rely as much on aero grip for medium speed corners hence now they are slightly ahead. But Max still got his car close. slight mistake on the 1st sector for him on his second try in Q3, hence the seemingly bigger gap between him and the 2 Mercedes. 

Pit lane looks like the roundabout at Arc de Triomphe. Unbelievable. Even more unbelievable, no penalties were handed out for unsafe release. Also weird that the slower teams are trying to sneak in front of the fast team like Red Bull and Mercedes. What were they thinking? Do they think they can still stay ahead on track at speed with their Aston or Alpine? 🤦🏻‍♂️ Or they are just trying their hardest to be a rolling roadblock impeding everyone.

Maybe F1 should change the qualifying format again. Maybe copying Indy qualifying? Running singles? Or 1 team out at a time, so 2 cars and no traffic. Team with most points goes out first, to even out the field as tracks normally gets faster as the day goes on. 

--

McLarens were really fast. Also, Gasly did a great job. Maybe he can get another podium at Monza if the stars align once again smiley

Leclerc was complaining about engine braking issues.

As expected starting on medium tires on the dirty side hurt Hamilton's start. Got swamped by the McLarens on softs. 

Bottas is FLYING!! Too bad he had to take penalty for engine change and start at the back. 

Max is comfortable staying where he was after the start, knowing that's gonna give him pole for Sunday. The risk of damaging his car vs getting an extra point isn't worth it.

What's with Perez in the back? Can't even get past the Alfa. 

Ricciardo starting on front row, well done. Good to see variety at the front.

Norris, wow, what a driver. No panic no nothing with Hamilton breathing down his neck. Laying down great lap times to keep Hamilton behind him. Even in a slightly slower car. (See gap between Ricciardo and the front two in basically 14 laps)

Poor Gasly, well that's racing. 

Gonna be a great race to watch tomorrow

--

So Horner the willing old fox thought he had outsmarted Wolff by inserting Albon to Williams while keeping him as a junior. 

Somehow Wolff was able to secure a confidentiality clause into Albon's contract to protect the Mercedes power unit IP in addition of cutting ties between Albon and Red Bull.

While officially Albon will not be a Red Bull junior driver, he and Horner probably had a verbal agreement on future driver consideration. But then again he could have had him driving one of the Alpha Tauri if not for Tsunoda's Honda money. 

I see Albon shining in Williams, and he might not be back at Red Bull at all in the future, he is, after all, a free lancer now without the Red Bull junior contract.

--

2022 season is shaping out to be a great great season.

The old guard, king if one can say, Hamilton is on the decline. A bunch of 'warlords' have taken up position to challenge the crowd. The favourite is still Max at Red Bull. But Russell will have a factory Mercedes under him to challenge Max. 

Depending on which manufacturer nailed the new regulations, It might even be Albon in the Williams that could challenge the title. Could Bottas mount a credible challenge at Alfa with new rules? Ocon at Renault? Do Alonso still have gas left in the tank? Would Aston make progress with their new car development and Vettel also be up there challenging? Norris and Mclaren will for sure be a threat. Ricciardo if he continues his return to form will also be a challenger. Even Ferrari could do something with the new car and elevate Leclerc and even Sainz as a challenger. Gasly at baby Red Bull could be podium challenger also. 

Literally the only team that don't have a chance at podium or win next year is Haas. 

--

Whoopsy:

2022 season is shaping out to be a great great season.

The old guard, king if one can say, Hamilton is on the decline. A bunch of 'warlords' have taken up position to challenge the crowd. The favourite is still Max at Red Bull. But Russell will have a factory Mercedes under him to challenge Max. 

Depending on which manufacturer nailed the new regulations, It might even be Albon in the Williams that could challenge the title. Could Bottas mount a credible challenge at Alfa with new rules? Ocon at Renault? Do Alonso still have gas left in the tank? Would Aston make progress with their new car development and Vettel also be up there challenging? Norris and Mclaren will for sure be a threat. Ricciardo if he continues his return to form will also be a challenger. Even Ferrari could do something with the new car and elevate Leclerc and even Sainz as a challenger. Gasly at baby Red Bull could be podium challenger also. 

Literally the only team that don't have a chance at podium or win next year is Haas. 

The future of F1 is bright, many great young talents on the grid, and due to the big changes in regulations, I believe there is some posibility that we will have different power distribution. I am sure next season will give us many names on the top... at least I hope so.

Why am I not surprised yes seems that Max is still not experienced enough… but it is always the same with him, or you set back or you collide… there is no other option

Max saying “that’s what you get” and just walking away after the crash without even checking on LH after his car is on top on him. Great driver, yes, but I’ve lost all respect for him as a person. 

Shaich:

Why am I not surprised yes seems that Max is still not experienced enough… but it is always the same with him, or you set back or you collide… there is no other option

MV is a brat!

I really hope that finally the F1 people in charge will take his behaviour under investigation an hand him some nice penalties over.

It‘s crazy that I really thought I can overtake LH being in the position he was at the begin of the chicane.

He took the collision deliebrately as he knew he‘ll not win that race and Lewis can reduce the gap in WC.

Enmanuel:

Max saying “that’s what you get” and just walking away after the crash without even checking on LH after his car is on top on him. Great driver, yes, but I’ve lost all respect for him as a person. 

Very bad sportsmanship of the „flying dutch“.

Can‘t wait to hear the whining of Markon and Horner

I really think that he has an ego problem…. I am shocked especially after that he was all over Hamiltons head…. But again HELO saved a driver. 

Lord_Driftalot:
    Shaich:

MV is a brat!

I really hope that finally the F1 people in charge will take his behaviour under investigation an hand him some nice penalties over.

It‘s crazy that I really thought I can overtake LH being in the position he was at the begin of the chicane.

He took the collision deliebrately as he knew he‘ll not win that race and Lewis can reduce the gap in WC.

He always goes for the collision… because he knows that all drivers are aware of that and set back

Well deserved win for Daniel, really happy for him and I think he would have won it also without the crash 

The race was won at the first turn, Seems like DR had enough to keep MV behind him.

The Honey Badger is back!

Great outcome too for McLaren F1 team.

Waiting for stewards verdict but MV needs to learn when to back down.

Happy for McLaren!

Interesting how loud the rhetoric and personal attacks against Hamilton were after the Silverstone incident.   About the lack of care and how dangerous it was.  And here, Max literally deposits his car on top of Hamilton’s head, walks away without checking on him and relative silence says a lot.  With these guys always someone else’s fault  

Contrast that with Vettel stopping to check on Norris at Spa.

3 place grid penalty for VER, I think it‘s well deserved. At the same time I am sure that he will not change, seems he has not matured enough and he doesn’t see the whole picture in the heat of the battle.

To be fair to Max. He has always drive it this way. His way or the highway, everyone else gets out of his way. No one taught him better. It’s not like he knows any other way to drive.

in his mind, he really needs to barge his way around in order to pass people. Most gets out of his way. Even Lewis let him be on turn 4 on the first lap as usual. 

this time around he thinks he still has the right of way even when he is behind simple because he is Max.

He clearly know he won’t make the corner before he went in. The only way for him to make it to the other side is for Lewis to back out completely and he was banking on that since Lewis did it back on lap 1.

He got a 3 place penalty for next race. Enough? Maybe, maybe not. But now he knows if he crash out Lewis every race he would win the championship.

there was no one ever to mentor Max for his racing etiquette. He only ever had dad. But his dad, isn’t a champion like a Lauda, a Piquet, or even a Vettel.

--

On the bright side, there is good racing when both Max and Lewis isn’t in the field. Maybe it isn’t that bad to ban both from the rest of the 2021 season, or excluded, 

Thats an idea, if Max and Lewis came together again for the rest of this season both are excluded, Norris might win his first.

Great showing for Ricciardo! And great team play by Norris. So happy to see Mclaren grab 1st and 2nd for the race.

Perez, he isn’t an archy bargy driver before he signed with Red Bull. Like, he isn’t the guy that would go off track and make a pass then not giving it back. This must be what they taught there.

Another point finish for Russell.

Vettel seems to be lost on track. But then again the Aston just have too much drag for Monza.

Bottas, hmm. He was on great pace, but he stalled after that failed attempt on Perez. His tire might have been gone, or his mind went somewhere else.

--

More things to ponder. If there isn’t the Halo device there and with Max’s stupid move he killed Lewis on track. 

What and how would Max feel?

I don’t want to feel this way but I reckoned that first thought out of his mind would be oops. Then YES! Championship is mine! I do not think he would have had any regrets. He would still blame Lewis for not backing out and give him the place and got himself killed. Literally.

--

Nick, I think that’s right, Max has been catered to by Red Bull, they built the team around him, driving out DR, literally built the car specifically for his driving style which makes it so hard for the number two (Gasly, Kyvat, Albon and Perez)… so why shouldnt opponents also make way for him!   That being said, going to be amazing watching for the next decade with Max, Charles, Land and George  etc all in top cars!

There is some speculation that RB will put engine number 4 in Max’s car for Sochi and start at the back of the grid. If they do, I wonder if Merc would do this too?

F1 became political and t4 rubbish - decisions are clearly made in favor of Mercedes.....

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    760622 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    434340 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    259993 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257132 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80744 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5311 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

871240 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    806406 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM