Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

F430 video at high speed

My friend took his cam with him, when we went for a drive 2 days ago, he has several shots, but he made a link to the 'high speed' shot, max speed was 270km/h, than there was some traffic and we had to watch out for the speedcams,

http://users.pandora.be/portrettentrekker/patriek%20on%20the%20move.WMV

Re: F430 video at high speed

Wow.. That's stunning :|.. I love that engine sound.. Thanks dude

Love it... you guys mist do some WOT drive-by's. Is that wind noise I hear, did you have the window slightly open? Like the name of the clip to :-)

Hehehe...
    magnifique!

Nice one Patriek!

Thanks for sharing.

I think I heard your heart skip a beat when that guy signaled left into your lane...luckily he didnt move infront of you.

very nice ...

Quote:
    Patriek (jennyz) said:
    My friend took his cam with him, when we went for a drive 2 days ago, he has several shots, but he made a link to the 'high speed' shot, max speed was 270km/h, than there was some traffic and we had to watch out for the speedcams,

http://users.pandora.be/portrettentrekker/patriek%20on%20the%20move.WMV

Fabulous! Makes my wait harder.

It is so good that every cars are on the right lane when they are not passing. It won't happen in North American.

Good vid Patriek many thanks

If it drives as good as it sounds, it must be quite an experience.

How about some video of your F430?

Quote:
    svtrader1 said:
    If it drives as good as it sounds, it must be quite an experience.

How about some video of your F430?

Is is mine, (look at the dashboard, you can recognise the alu plate on it)

I want one...

That says it all...

Thanks Patriek. That was awesome.

Quote:
    Patriek (jennyz) said:

Is is mine, (look at the dashboard, you can recognise the alu plate on it)

Whoops. I thought yours has a red tachometer. Peace...

Awesome video! Towards the ending I thought you were flicking someone off lol when your middle finger was on the paddleshift.

patriek definitely on the move!!

many thnx brother...

Thanks, Patriek.
    How did you car feel at 270. . . power, stability and brakes? What are the break- in recomendations by Ferrari?
    Really nice the way drivers stay to the right and LOOK before coming into the fast lane. Many American drivers are clueless.

Quote:
    yavapai said:
    Many American drivers are clueless.

Can I just go ahead and replace "clueless" with "stupid"? ..thanks

nice video, thanks Pariek

here in Belgium and Germany, there is respect of the lanes, and people consider the left as the one for the fastest cars ...
    In France, it's another story ... french drivers (i mentionned that many times) believe this lane is their own place, even at low speed.
    Hey Patrick, I know this road, but it's hot, when you forget about static speed traps.

Quote:
    jecey said:
    here in Belgium and Germany, there is respect of the lanes, and people consider the left as the one for the fastest cars ...
    In France, it's another story ... french drivers (i mentionned that many times) believe this lane is their own place, even at low speed.
    Hey Patrick, I know this road, but it's hot, when you forget about static speed traps.

You're right Jecey, about France, but it's sadder than that, in France, drivers are very very jalous when you drive a nice sports car, so they will actually block you! Happened to me and sports cars owners several times.
    Bunch of w*nkers!

Patriek,
    Superb my man! Thanks a lot!!!

Quote:
    Ryan in SD said:
    Quote:
    yavapai said:

enough of the hatin'!!

let's call it what it REALLY is: "Inattentiveness"...

Quote:
    igzaklee said:
    Quote:
    Ryan in SD said:
    Quote:
    yavapai said:

enough of the hatin'!!

let's call it what it REALLY is: "Inattentiveness"...

I am sorry, but I have to stick up for American drivers. I was going over the mountains into the Palm Springs area on a twisty 2 lane road, and most Americans used the turnouts as soon as they saw me. Then again I was driving a Porsche 997 so maybe that was the difference?

If you saw the things that I see when driving in SoCal then you would whole heartedly agree with me.

sorry for OT

Nice .The 430 seems rock solid at those speeds. Love the engine note .

Your lucky Patrieck because last time I said I made 270 km/h with my spider, I received insults.

BTW thanks a lot guys for those insults, I realised I was wrong.

Enjoy Patrieck while you can.

Gregory

Great video, thanks but really dissappointed in the sound of the 430. It almost sounds like a Ducati. Very low and deep but nowhere near the exciting sound of a 360 Challenge Stradale or even a 360 Modena. Maybe he didn't have it close enough to redline ? I was pondering a 430 spider but after hearing that think I will wait to see if they manufacture a 430 Challenge Stradale.

Quote:
    Stradale said:
    Great video, thanks but really dissappointed in the sound of the 430. It almost sounds like a Ducati. Very low and deep but nowhere near the exciting sound of a 360 Challenge Stradale or even a 360 Modena. Maybe he didn't have it close enough to redline ? I was pondering a 430 spider but after hearing that think I will wait to see if they manufacture a 430 Challenge Stradale.

It sounds a LOT BETTER than the 360, sound is great, but you can't judge it from the video

Quote:
    Patriek (jennyz) said:
    Quote:
    Stradale said:

It sounds a LOT BETTER than the 360, sound is great, but you can't judge it from the video

I agree with Patriek, I heard the 430 a lot during the rallye de Paris and it sounds miles better than the 360 (which IMO never sounded great really) and very different to the Stradale.
    The Stradale is very (too?) loud, almost rude kinda loud, at least for long holidays journey.
    The 430 noise is not as intoxicating but more sophisticated somehow.

Quote:
    Fanch said:
    Quote:
    Patriek (jennyz) said:
    Quote:
    Stradale said:

I agree with Patriek, I heard the 430 a lot during the rallye de Paris and it sounds miles better than the 360 (which IMO never sounded great really) and very different to the Stradale.
    The Stradale is very (too?) loud, almost rude kinda loud, at least for long holidays journey.
    The 430 noise is not as intoxicating but more sophisticated somehow.

I wish my Stradale was a little louder. Well maybe not. If it was my everday commuting car it would probably be too loud but for the weekend trips I take I think the level of sound is perfect. The car is pretty quiet actually compared to a lot of the muscle cars I used to own until you open it up. And when opening up a car like the Stradale I want to hear it LOUD. It's part of the whole fun in owning a Ferrari imo. What fun is a Red Ferrari if you can't hear it loud enough to hear it coming around everyday cars ? How loud someone likes their car is obviosly very subjective. And if you have the weather and means to drive a Ferrari everyday then maybe you wouldn't want your car as loud as a Stradale. In NY a lot of the Exotic and Hot Rods are very loud. Matter of fact one of my Harley's is a lot louder than my Stradale. I just couldn't imagine the Stradale quieter. My Ferrari is my escape. My weekend vacation. I want it hitting all my senses on the highest level possible. I've just never heard a street car with a better sound as the Stradale when shifting from first to second at redline . The thing literally BARKS ! It's especially a blast when in a tunnel or overpass.

You think the 430 sounds more "sophisticated". But for me it's just the opposite. The 430 doesn't seem to have the range of sound from lower rpm to redline. Listening to the 430 it sounded great but doesn't imo have the same interesting combinations of growl and then scream of a Stradale. But you've heard the 430 more then I have. And I haven't driven a 430 yet so I guess it's very premature for me to say that I don't think it compares. Especially from listening to a video. Guess I'll see in the next few months.

btw: I think Ferrari did a fantastic job with the looks of the 430. Especially with the sides of the car and interior.

btw 2 : Found this little quote from an article I can't access anymore. Thought it was appropriate:

"Among the multitude of tweaks that turn a run-of-the-mill 360 Modena F1 into a 360 Challenge Stradale is a new exhaust system that is without a doubt the coolest new technology for car nuts: an automatic muffler by-pass. Drive hard, and the sound jets straight out open pipes. Drive gently, and it passes through the conventional muffler letting you creep out of the neighborhood, past the library, without notice. Who hasn't imagined such a system? Thanks to Ferrari for continuing to fulfill adolescent fantasies, even if we are no longer adolescent.

Is it too loud? Considering that the resulting sound is the closest earthly approximation of the music produced by angels' harps, no volume could be too loud. It is just right.""Among the multitude of tweaks that turn a run-of-the-mill 360 Modena F1 into a 360 Challenge Stradale is a new exhaust system that is without a doubt the coolest new technology for car nuts: an automatic muffler by-pass. Drive hard, and the sound jets straight out open pipes. Drive gently, and it passes through the conventional muffler letting you creep out of the neighborhood, past the library, without notice. Who hasn't imagined such a system? Thanks to Ferrari for continuing to fulfill adolescent fantasies, even if we are no longer adolescent.

Is it too loud? Considering that the resulting sound is the closest earthly approximation of the music produced by angels' harps, no volume could be too loud. It is just right."

Man, that was a long post !

THANKS Fanch... Talk to you again soon I hope, gotta run. Also, wanted to thank Patrick for that video. I showed it to a couple of guys in the office and we really got a kick out of it.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    763229 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    435781 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260733 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257719 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    81006 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5323 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

872666 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    808149 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM