Quote:
    ha said:
    It takes 4ever 2 download.. 18 hrs. on a DSL

this guy hosted some compressed versions:

http://www.trapster.net/CGTvideos.htm

Re: youza - cgt videos

i just downloaded both vids @ around 600kb/s

Awesome now its seems to work...downloading...

---edit

That was a pretty slick slide through there, ended up pointing streight down the streaight away at the end of it.

Ben, is that you in the CGT?
    The car sounds absolutely awsome - the video however, is quite boring.
    Thanks for sharing.

I listen the V8 Ferrari only

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    Ben, is that you in the CGT?
    The car sounds absolutely awsome - the video however, is quite boring.
    Thanks for sharing.

nope not me. that's tracking which voids the warranty.

Why would taking a car built for the tract TO the track void the warranty?

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:

good question, too bad porsche has a stupid arse answer for it. apparently autocrossing (goofing around in a parking lot with cones with your PCA club) is enough to void it.

Quote:
    ben, lj said:
    Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:

good question, too bad porsche has a stupid arse answer for it. apparently autocrossing (goofing around in a parking lot with cones with your PCA club) is enough to void it.

Ben, theres gotta be a way to get around that...they cant catch everyone

Quote:
    Ryan in SD said:

Has Porsche reached such a low state that its customers now have to drive its products in secrecy and fear?

Quote:
    ben, lj said:
    Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:

Have they actually voided anyone's warranty for tracking/autocross, especially a CGT?

And correct me if i'm wrong, but i was under the impressions that the race cars are not insured either?

Quote:
    brunner said:
    Quote:
    ben, lj said:
    Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:

Have they actually voided anyone's warranty for tracking/autocross, especially a CGT?

And correct me if i'm wrong, but i was under the impressions that the race cars are not insured either?

yep, voided the engine warranty on a 2004 996 here in san diego and used the local PCA autocross results with his name in it as grounds.

Quote:
    MAVERICK said:
    Quote:
    Ryan in SD said:

Has Porsche reached such a low state that its customers now have to drive its products in secrecy and fear?

yep

Quote:
    ben, lj said:
    Quote:
    MAVERICK said:
    Quote:
    Ryan in SD said:

yep

1) Is there a way to notify other customers who are not readers of these forums? Perhaps an article in a Porsche magazine and in a major automobile publication to get this issue out?

2) What percentage of customers take their Porsches to autocross and track events? If the 996 Cabriolet Tiptronic is/was the best selling Porsche model and epitomizes the average Porsche owner, does this mean Porsche knows exactly what it is doing by jilting the enthusiasts on warranties?

Quote:
    MAVERICK said:
    Quote:
    ben, lj said:
    Quote:
    MAVERICK said:
    Quote:
    Ryan in SD said:

yep

1) Is there a way to notify other customers who are not readers of these forums? Perhaps an article in a Porsche magazine and in a major automobile publication to get this issue out?

2) What percentage of customers take their Porsches to autocross and track events? If the 996 Cabriolet Tiptronic is/was the best selling Porsche model and epitomizes the average Porsche owner, does this mean Porsche knows exactly what it is doing by jilting the enthusiasts on warranties?

don't know about #1, but #2 is probably a reflection of porsche's (poseur) target market these days (V6 Cayennes and as you say AWD automatic convertible 911s). the enthusiasts make up such a smart part of the customer base these days and many of those are GT2, GT3, and CGT buyers. this group will still likely get hosed by porsche if autocrossing or tracking but the hope is these models are built to take a little more pushing than the other models.

If they don't warranty, for instance, the GT3's that they sell to private teams that run in the SuperCup, why would they warranty a road car? If you look at it that way, it seems obvious why they wouldnt warranty ANY car that races.

What about trackdays arranged by official Porsche dealers?
    Will that void warranty, too?

This whole thing sounds so silly to me.
    Sounds like Porsche dont believe in their own product when push comes to shove.
    I guess they have a moral problem on their hands when trying to beat the NB trackrecord in a CGT then?!?!?

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    What about trackdays arranged by official Porsche dealers?
    Will that void warranty, too?

yep, however they have no problem beating the schit out of these cars (100% track use and it starts before they're even broken in) and then selling them through the porsche dealer network with the balance of the factory warranties:
    http://www.porschedriving.com/

Are there any manufacturers who allow track use without voiding the warranty?

Quote:
    1RAGE said:

Nope.
    Funny, can't but suspect some hidden intentionality in it but the way some here are speaking here of Porsche warranty and tracking you are being lead to think that Porsche is the only maker that doesn't but the truth is NONE DO. There is no official coverage of tracking in any maker's warranty. Its unofficially normally done so though.

Normally warranty won't be voided (in Porsche or anyother maker) unless the claim is unreasonable like a but clucth from drag racing or a type II over rev at the track, but there will always be a ass of a dealer or local rep that will do things the wrong way and void your warranty using a track event as an excuse. That is wrong IMO but no maker's warranty covers tracking officially. Its a right ALL manufactures reserve themselves to protect themselves. But unofficially its usually not a problem except in some particualr cases. Just in case, I wouldn't advertise it no matter what car you drive, wetehr its a 911, an M3 or a F360, you never know and you can't trust ANY maker.

Quote:
    1RAGE said:

ferrari. and even GM has said they will cover occassional track use in the upcoming Z06. then again, those two companies actually race. can't wait from the new 4 door from porsche.

I'm afraid not Ben... is its specifically WRITTEN in the warranty? Is there a clause that says that track events are covered in the warranty? Nope. Its still a gentleman's agreement wether they will cover a claim after tracking. Just like Porsche or any other maker.
    The closest thing is GM and their Z06 specifically were its rumored that they will not specifically mention that clasue that track use voids warranty, but its still not specifically written that it is covered. Nevertheless its a step foward by GM and I hope more makers catch on.

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    I'm afraid not Ben... is its specifically WRITTEN in the warranty? Is there a clause that says that track events are covered in the warranty? Nope. Its still a gentleman's agreement wether they will cover a claim after tracking. Just like Porsche or any other maker.
    The closest thing is GM and their Z06 specifically were its rumored that they will not specifically mention that clasue that track use voids warranty, but its still not specifically written that it is covered. Nevertheless its a step foward by GM and I hope more makers catch on.

at least ferrari has gentlemen :-) porsche NA on the other hand (at least in san diego), denies, denies, denies. one buddy had a master cylinder claim denied simply because the "infered" he was tracking since he had ATE fluid.

Well, I'm glad I'm not in San Diego then, that sucks.
    Guess I'm lucky, my dealer is a fellow P-car fan, an ex-profesional rally driver, and a gentleman as a dealer

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:

yep, same dealer in conjunction with PCNA denied warranty coverage for a badly smoking engine on an '04 996 C2 because the owner participated in the local parking lot autocrosses. they didn't care that he brought the car in shortly after it was bought new but before it ever hit the parking lot but was told it was "normal" and not to worry about it.

Jeezz
    I'm curious, is there any other Porsche dealer in San Diego?

Quote:
    ben, lj said:
    Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:

yep, same dealer in conjunction with PCNA denied warranty coverage for a badly smoking engine on an '04 996 C2 because the owner participated in the local parking lot autocrosses. they didn't care that he brought the car in shortly after it was bought new but before it ever hit the parking lot but was told it was "normal" and not to worry about it.

You have endless negative Pcar stories...makes me teary eyed

Generally, even with other marques, people who track their cars make sure the new brake fluid is close to the same color as the stock fluid, same colored shock bodies with aftermarket shocks, black springs, etc. Sometimes little things like that help, but these days you really have to protect yourself. Items beyond reason should be the customer's responsibility of course...

Recall Mitsubishi looking up autox results on the internet to void Evo 8 warranties? By contrast, I've heard of Lotus dealers turning the other cheek a few times (within reason), but I expect that to change as times goes by...

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/16/24 3:13 PM
    watt
    754621 1797
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    431335 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258817 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255774 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79781 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5262 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868771 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    802629 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM