Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Rimac Nevera

Jean:
    Topspeed:

Maybe Musk will learn a thing or two on how to build the so promised Roadster 2.0.

Nah, Musk said he will just cheat with rocket thrusters already.  Smiley

Compressed air to be exact. 

Leawood911:
    Topspeed:

Maybe Musk will learn a thing or two on how to build the so promised Roadster 2.0.

While making it for 10% of the cost.  
    You do realize that a four door sedan with two video game consoles and seating for five with half the horsepower is split seconds behind at about 5% the price being sold to the masses at a profit. What exactly are they going to teach Elon?  How to hook up with VW?  I think their task is to teach Porsche. How big do you think the gap is to the turbo Porsche EV? Lol. 
    sorry - your bait looked too delicious.  For the price this comparison is quite beneficial to Tesla.

And the title of the fastest EV, quickest EV, is gone before Tesla even wears it.

Oops. 

All the qualifiers you mentioned are just that, qualifiers, to discount something else.

Like, I can claim I am the fastest 100m runner in the world, provided that I use qualifiers like one must have over 10 Porsches, be over 47, can't weight less than 170lbs, be under 6 ft tall, etc. 

Exactly the same as how the Plaid can do a sub 2 second 0-60. The run needs to be on a freshly glued drag strip, full charge, and 10 mins of prepping the battery and also needed to subtract the roll out time. 

--

Incredible performance for both cars. I never have posted anything about Tesla but kudos to Tesla to have such performance and to be so near Nevera for 5% of the price deserves huge respect.

I have tied relations to Rimac (family) - I can assure you that Rimac is also developing some kind of compressed air thrusters to reach sub 2 seconds from 0-100 km/h. Mate said, without such technology it is not possible to be below 2 seconds.

I would like to have Nevera but for that money I'll take the Tesla plaid, 720s spider and a villa on the croatian coast

--

AM

Seems like the sub 2 seconds Nevera happened.  
    Also, to Aldo’s point. Look at the specs, horsepower, price etc. not to mention track record of Tesla. I would not bet that the Roadster will not be made. 
    Watching you do a victory lap in this case buddy- is a little funny - but I agree. The Tesla is not as quick. 

The point is, what does it matter, these absurd acceleration times? If that's the future for us, I'll have to seek another hobby. I don't care one bit if a car is sub 10s on the 1/4 mile, it's a party trick you use once, and after that you're sitting in a an extremely quick, needlessly expensive appliance.

--

1969 Mercedes-Benz 300SEL 6.3  / 2018 Mercedes-AMG E63 S / 2020 Ferrari 812SF

Porker:

The point is, what does it matter, these absurd acceleration times? If that's the future for us, I'll have to seek another hobby. I don't care one bit if a car is sub 10s on the 1/4 mile, it's a party trick you use once, and after that you're sitting in a an extremely quick, needlessly expensive appliance.

There is a part of the world where they only care about how fast a car can go in a straight line from zero to 60 and quarter mile time. For the rest of the world, how fast can one take the Karussell and how fast the overall lap is is much more important metric.

--

Porker:

same

Whoopsy:
    Porker:

There is a part of the world where they only care about how fast a car can go in a straight line from zero to 60 and quarter mile time. For the rest of the world, how fast can one take the Karussell and how fast the overall lap is is much more important metric.

I will risk to say the extremely low and centered weight in my EV makes for out of this world cornering. When combined with the traction and torque coming out of corners there is no comparison to other types of cars. Sadly it is almost boring it is so stable. It takes a bit to readjust ones mindset - it takes balls - to get to 9-10ths. Cornering speeds compared to a gt3 maybe slow but compared to my Turbo it is much quicker in turns. 
    In terms of rain and bad weather traction nothing comes. Drivers everywhere appreciate that. 

Low centre of mass and gravity doesn't hide shit suspension geometry🤷🏻‍♂️

Take away European cars. Can a Tesla out handle a fellow American car, say a Corvette?

Corvettes have race proven suspensions, winning IMSA races regularly and even Le Mans. Their engineers have racing pedigree. What credentials do Tesla suspension engineers have? Sucking lollipops?

--

smileySucking lollipops while enhancing the app with fart mode. 

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual

Cayenne GTS 2014

Whoopsy:

Low centre of mass and gravity doesn't hide shit suspension geometry🤷🏻‍♂️

Take away European cars. Can a Tesla out handle a fellow American car, say a Corvette?

Corvettes have race proven suspensions, winning IMSA races regularly and even Le Mans. Their engineers have racing pedigree. What credentials do Tesla suspension engineers have? Sucking lollipops?

SmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmiley

--

There is no try. Just do.

I believe there are plenty of videos showing Teslas cornering very well.  Even beating BMW M3.  Asking a four door sedan to beat a sports car?  Sounds a bit of a stretch yet regardless the low center of gravity and centrally located mass combined with superb traction makes it a very well handling car.  Of course I’m just a lifelong 911 driver. When I get into a corvette it feels like crap. Seriously. 

Leawood911:

I believe there are plenty of videos showing Teslas cornering very well.  Even beating BMW M3.  Asking a four door sedan to beat a sports car?  Sounds a bit of a stretch yet regardless the low center of gravity and centrally located mass combined with superb traction makes it a very well handling car.  Of course I’m just a lifelong 911 driver. When I get into a corvette it feels like crap. Seriously. 

Is that comparison made with the same driver behind the wheel of each vehicle?  Otherwise, any comparison is a meaningless as it heavily determined through driver skill.  

Me behind my turbo and 800k 911 miles vs me driving the Model3. From my perspective the dynamics of the model3 despite its porky weight are superb. Whoopsy has a buddy Randy P. who races all types of cars who may be a fair judge. Anyway pro driver comparisons at tracks can be found on YouTube. Or - maybe drive one and see what it’s like. 
    I enjoy it and the zero headaches I have had during ownership. After 26k miles of aggression towards traffic and tires the Pilot sports still look like new. 

At this point it is clearly just like a politics argument - objective reality is out the window. It f the Taycan can beat the old model S in a straight line it shows how dominant Porsche is and how slow Tesla is. If the Plaid beats the Taycan it simply means speed is not important any longer.  So if the Model3 did beat a sports car on a track the story would revert to lack of sound or emotional involvement. 
    This is why I prefer to speak of the positive qualities of all cars rather than constantly shift priorities, which makes s required if you assume performance records are static. 

Quantitative versus qualitative.  No one here is not writing that the Tesla Plaid is slow, it is.  But to extract the additional performance, the car must be properly prepared for at least 10 minutes.  That 911 turbo is always ready for acceleration runs.  Likewise stating a Model 3 can outcorner a BMW M3 without definite proof, is just another feel good statement. Randy Proust, who started off in Chicago area events, worked with the Tesla engineers to get the Model 3 to the point of predictable handling.  It wasn’t ready from the factory for good handling and that supports Nick’s conjectures on Tesla’s suspension geometry.  

I’m not going to bother finding all the stock M3 to model3 track tests on YouTube. Find me one where the tesla loses. 
    If you bothered to check much about the plaid you will find that it’s constant mode is maybe a tenth off in the quarter mile. 0-100 mph it is ready to go all the time.  Comparing it to the turbo S acceleration without going into cheetah mode whatever would still be a joke. Come on.  When you talk about ten minutes to get ready you are buying into your confirmation bias and ignoring the numbers it runs otherwise. 
    The plaid Randy prepped for pikes peak had extra downforce, brakes and shocks. Stripped interior but otherwise stock. Same car he passed the Senna in at Laguna Seca. Like it was standing still. 
    So much of what you believe is half the story. The half you look for. (assuming a Freudian slip when you write the Plaid is slow)

Pikes Peak car has better suspension bits. Not stock parts.

Btw, the electric golf cart at my golf club have low centre of gravity too, they don't really handles...............

--

I still think that the numbers are impressive. I didn’t tell that this is the end of car evolution just that it is impressive.

Please give me any argument that the numbers presented are not impressive. You may not like Elon or Mate but both have developed cars which are in one area at least superb.

A formula 1 car is impressive but not useful for holiday driving on gravel roads

--

AM

Isn't this about performance/value? Porsche for years has wore the crown that for the money its sport car is the best on the planet. Why can't you all say the same about the Tesla? 

Not liking Musk should not blind you to the overall performance of the Tesla.

--

The purpose of life is to enjoy the moment.

nberry:

Isn't this about performance/value? Porsche for years has wore the crown that for the money its sport car is the best on the planet. Why can't you all say the same about the Tesla? 

Not liking Musk should not blind you to the overall performance of the Tesla.

Teslas are just as impressive as the muscle cars of the 60s. They are continuing that tradition. There is no argument.

They accelerate very fast in a straight line. But that's about it. 

Like their 60s counterpart, handling, braking, fit and finish, interior quality, reliability, all are taking the back seat to straight line performance.

And just like before, not everyone are looking for those straight line numbers only, they want a all around nimble car, hence the proliferation of small imports. 

Back then, you don't see GTO owners hating those who buy import sports cars, or thinking their GTO is the best at everything, or it has to be GTO and nothing else. They are friends with their neighbours who bought a small MG, Triumph or a Alfa Romeo. very different now with the Tesla crowd. it has to be the Tesla way, the Elon way, or no way.

--

ALDO:

I still think that the numbers are impressive. I didn’t tell that this is the end of car evolution just that it is impressive.

Please give me any argument that the numbers presented are not impressive. You may not like Elon or Mate but both have developed cars which are in one area at least superb.

A formula 1 car is impressive but not useful for holiday driving on gravel roads

It's just the nature of how torque is delivered by electric motors. And how power is calculated from the torque. There is nothing remarkable with electric motors. 

Maximum torque is from zero rpm, stays more or less constant until higher up in the rpm where it drops off sharply. This actually works great as a commuting machine propulsion. Cars stop and go all the time and with max torque available at zero rpm, that matches really well with traffic pattern. 

Compared that to the engineering involved in making an F1 engine spins to 20,000rpm without grenading itself, the later is much more impressive. Making a big turbo-ed engine spinning to 8000rpm is impressive. Spinning 6 giant pistons in a 4.0L flat 6 to 9000 rpm is impressive. 

My Taycan is impressive on mountain highway, 5000lbs of curb weight all but disappeared. But driving around town in one isn't. Doing so just fit the characteristics of an electric car. 

Every electric car is swift off the line. I think the Nissan Leaf has a better 0-60 than my 968 sports car. The value of a quick 0-60 dash is greatly diminished when just about any EV can do 3 seconds 0-60. Very different than before when proper engineering is needed and with the right engine output profile in order to get a 3 second 0-60. Or sub 3 second. It's a diminishing attribute, one reason I didn't even go for a turbo S for my Taycan. A 4S or even a turbo is plenty quick enough to do what's needed. 

--

I give up. This is sounding too much like - she is too beautiful, her tits are too big and her pussy is too tight. Lol 

what will you do when you discover the Tesla interior is preferred by many, the panel gaps are perfect and it can corner?  
    let’s add near zero maintenance, one cent per mile cost safety and self driving. (She is rich, has a job and health insurance.)). Hmm. Struggling to find what type of car some really like.  Though some of the arguments against the Tesla in light of the offers from others seem odd. Really odd. As though all of the other car companies have perfect offerings.

Anyway. Let us not compare EV and ICE as this seems to go into strange directions. Both these EVs are soulless but quick. Not certain the cost difference is worth the extra performance given that going fast is not a thing anymore. Can you imagine how unimportant going fast would be if the Tesla had beaten the 2 million dollar sport at?  It is already too close for comfort illustrated by the anger at me pointing out it had room for five and video games. 
    Good to hear from you Whoopsy!  Always fun. Glad we can still entertain But where is RC?

Nevera's cousin:

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689553 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409229 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255739 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234990 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65524 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4648 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857973 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774033 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM