Crown

Board: Lamborghini Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Aventador and SV

What were the issues, and where does the 1:09 come from?

kingjr9000:

What were the issues, and where does the 1:09 come from?

Straight line performance was not really that great, especially compared to an Aventador (without SV) they tested years ago. Weight reduction was also "only" 46 kg, which isn't really that great on a 1.8 ton car. Smiley

For the track, the issues were the tires (PZero Corsa) and especially the Lamborghini recommended tire pressures. 

With Trofeo R and more tire pressure in the back tires than in the fronts (Lamborghini kind of recommends it the other way around), the SV would have achieved much better track times according to Sport Auto.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

Ok then, so, the times that are posted are true or not?  If they're not true compared to what they wrote, then where did they come from?  The weight being 46kg difference is pretty close to the 50kg difference they advertised, so thats okay. But the tires...did they say what was wrong or did they just leave it vague?  If i recall, the n-ring time was set on next-gen or corsas I think.  I do remember them saying their simulations would net about a 7:10, even though they ended up doing 6:59 (thanks to driver's skill), so a 7:13 isn't that bad in the grand scheme of things I think So then which time did they get on hockenheim?  1:07 or 1:09?  But still though, setting the time with trofeo r's is nothing to be ashamed of.

kingjr9000:

Ok then, so, the times that are posted are true or not?  If they're not true compared to what they wrote, then where did they come from?  The weight being 46kg difference is pretty close to the 50kg difference they advertised, so thats okay. But the tires...did they say what was wrong or did they just leave it vague?  If i recall, the n-ring time was set on next-gen or corsas I think.  I do remember them saying their simulations would net about a 7:10, even though they ended up doing 6:59 (thanks to driver's skill), so a 7:13 isn't that bad in the grand scheme of things I think So then which time did they get on hockenheim?  1:07 or 1:09?  But still though, setting the time with trofeo r's is nothing to be ashamed of.

The SportAuto review was really bad - they even complained about the underperformance of the SV in the text Smiley

heartIm really confused with their n-ring and hock timing then.  Where did that come from?  Simulations?

kingjr9000:

heartIm really confused with their n-ring and hock timing then.  Where did that come from?  Simulations?

No, real measurements with calibrated equipment. They actually made a joke that the Aventador SV impressed them a lot, until they took the measurements. Smiley They criticized Lamborghini for providing the wrong tire pressure recommendations but they adjusted them in the end and achieved better times but still not what Lamborghini claims, not even close to it.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

Ok then.  Thanks for the clarifying it.

No matter if it is 0,1sec slower here & there, just look at this beast and you´re stoned in a heart bit, not to mention the V12 amazing sound, reving that engine is pricelless...emotions, that´s what counts, I couldn´t care less about track time   Smiley

--

J.Seven

Unless they change the terrible gearbox with a dual clutch version, no ring time could help the Aventador to be anything more than attention grabber. It feels like it's based on 15 years older technology than the Huracan behind the wheel. And practically it is.  I doubt that the people who buy it care about the ring time or anything else but its look. The Aventador just like all its predecessors doesn't have a true sports car credibility. Anything coming from Porsche, Ferrari and McLaren these days is faster and better than the Aventador in every dimension. Let's hope that a DCT and some other tweaks would change that...

J.Seven:

No matter if it is 0,1sec slower here & there, just look at this beast and you´re stoned in a heart bit, not to mention the V12 amazing sound, reving that engine is pricelless...emotions, that´s what counts, I couldn´t care less about track time   Smiley

Well said kiss

Herbaliser:

Unless they change the terrible gearbox with a dual clutch version, no ring time could help the Aventador to be anything more than attention grabber. It feels like it's based on 15 years older technology than the Huracan behind the wheel. And practically it is.  I doubt that the people who buy it care about the ring time or anything else but its look. The Aventador just like all its predecessors doesn't have a true sports car credibility. Anything coming from Porsche, Ferrari and McLaren these days is faster and better than the Aventador in every dimension. Let's hope that a DCT and some other tweaks would change that...

The facelift is imminent and will be without dual clutch as far as I am aware. Next generation will be the one to get the dual clutch.

crayphile:
    Herbaliser:

The facelift is imminent and will be without dual clutch as far as I am aware. Next generation will be the one to get the dual clutch.

Then Huracan Superleggera it is...unless they make it hard to get. 

Herbaliser:

I doubt that will be the case. The Huracan is a superb car but seriously underrated by the market.

Herbaliser:
    crayphile:
    Herbaliser:

There's no such thing as a hard to get Lambo.

koko:
    Herbaliser:
    crayphile:
    Herbaliser:

There's no such thing as a hard to get Lambo.

Except the SV?

J.Seven:

I would get this car in a heartbeat, no matter what the numbers... Smiley Smiley

--

crayphile:
    Herbaliser:

I doubt that will be the case. The Huracan is a superb car but seriously underrated by the market.

Very true. I always hear stuff like Baby Lambo or "cheap" Lambo or Audi Lambo Smiley or whatever.

The Huracan is an amazing car and I had really a hard time deciding to get a R8 instead (my Audi dealer also sells Lamborghini) but I had no choice for the known reasons I elaborated over and over again here in the forum.

--

RC:
    crayphile:
    Herbaliser:

Very true. I always hear stuff like Baby Lambo or "cheap" Lambo or Audi Lambo Smiley or whatever.

The Huracan is an amazing car and I had really a hard time deciding to get a R8 instead (my Audi dealer also sells Lamborghini) but I had no choice for the known reasons I elaborated over and over again here in the forum.

so what are these reasons Smiley

Italo:
    RC:
    crayphile:
    Herbaliser:

so what are these reasons Smiley

Oh well... Smiley

Don't worry...I won't start again. Smiley

--

That reminds me, could anyone translate how they felt about the handling, if there was any understeer and how it drove in spite of its weight?  Thanks.  If it drove well, then this could be good news for the Huracan SL.  Did they also do a downforce test too?

Seriously?!!

Guy Pissed at Dealer for Not Being the Only Aventador SV Owner in South Africa

a Lamborghini owner in South Africa that was promised the only Aventador SV Coupe in the country by a local Lamborghini dealership in the capital Johannesburg. In fact we dedicated an article to the arrival of the first and only Aventador SV in South Africa earlier this year. Now it appears that the person in question is not the only one in the African country that owns an Aventador SV, and he has taken things next level. 

As a well known supercar collector in South Africa and some parts of Asia, he was promised exclusivity to the car but there are now at least two, possibly more SVs driving around in South Africa. Apparently there were only supposed to be two SVs, a Coupe and a Roadster, but the said dealership went ahead to import a second Coupe in the same color as the first one. He got so angry about it that he actually put a sticker on his car stating ‘Lamborghini JHB Sells Lies’. He even took it a step further and started a website to vent his feelings named ‘Lamborghinijhbsellslies.com‘.

kingjr9000:

That reminds me, could anyone translate how they felt about the handling, if there was any understeer and how it drove in spite of its weight?  Thanks.  If it drove well, then this could be good news for the Huracan SL.  Did they also do a downforce test too?

Neutral handling with completely different tire pressures (they drove with less pressure in the front than in the rear and I think that the recommendation from Lamborghini actually suggests more in the front than in the rear, similar to the Huracan and my R8).

I have to say that I have a much better "track" performance with reduced tire pressures on my R8 (the comfort pressure is highly recommended for best results but unfortunately this limits the top speed to 270 kph).

--

koko:

Seriously?!!

Guy Pissed at Dealer for Not Being the Only Aventador SV Owner in South Africa

a Lamborghini owner in South Africa that was promised the only Aventador SV Coupe in the country by a local Lamborghini dealership in the capital Johannesburg. In fact we dedicated an article to the arrival of the first and only Aventador SV in South Africa earlier this year. Now it appears that the person in question is not the only one in the African country that owns an Aventador SV, and he has taken things next level. 

As a well known supercar collector in South Africa and some parts of Asia, he was promised exclusivity to the car but there are now at least two, possibly more SVs driving around in South Africa. Apparently there were only supposed to be two SVs, a Coupe and a Roadster, but the said dealership went ahead to import a second Coupe in the same color as the first one. He got so angry about it that he actually put a sticker on his car stating ‘Lamborghini JHB Sells Lies’. He even took it a step further and started a website to vent his feelings named ‘Lamborghinijhbsellslies.com‘.

There's no way MikeS would defile his car with such a sticker, so perhaps he's the "other" one... Smiley

The car in the pic looks gorgeous though.

Owner review from instagram:

So how was the sv on track?
    First the disclaimers; I'm used to driving mclarens so when I drove 675 lt on track it was very natural to me.  @racesonoma is self proclaimed "the most technical track in USA" .Only two places where one can hit 130 mph. 600 + horsepower one won't feel much of a difference in lap times. No real advantage for 740 hp versus 666 ho at a track like Sonoma )
    Sv felt very planted. The all wheel drive and weight of the car made me feel pretty secure. It didn't seem that I would lose control of the car. Rear wheel drive and lower weight like the 675 it feels like one is driving a feather and the slightest twitch and car could go sideways. 
    I'd say 80% of the time one is in third gear in the mclarens and sv. Since the 675 is so light you can really power out of corners versus the sv. I reached higher speeds in 675 vs sv
    Sv has p zero corsas vs trofeo on 675. This alone gives a big advantage to 675 (p1 was 2 seconds faster in chris Harris test with trofeos vs corsas). This is a huge advantage for the 675 when going through the fast corners (turn 12. 1 and 2).
    Sv handled the eses very well. However, weight advantage allows 675 to build up speed much faster before one starts gliding through the eses.
    I was impressed with sv braking. The abs didn't kick in under heavy braking where's the 675 it will the odd time.
    Overall on a track like Sonoma the 675 was faster due to its weight advantage, tires.). I'd say that an intermediate driver would be able to get more out of an sv then they would from a 675.
    The sv ring results were not known or even tested When I committed to the car. I didn't buy it for its track capabilities but it is icing on the cake in that it not only looks great but has some good performance behind it.
    I look forward to tracking it on a longer and less technical track to see how it does against the 675.

I would take the Aventador SV over the 675 anytime because of the sound only...

I have no doubts that the 675LT is faster on the track, any track. Especially if the 675 uses Trofeo R tires vs. the (inferior) PZero Corsa.

However, have you heard the sound of the Aventador SV? I think this is the best sounding street legal production car on the market, followed by the Huracan and the new R8. Even the F12 tdf can't trump that SV sound...

--

RC:

I would take the Aventador SV over the 675 anytime because of the sound only...

I have no doubts that the 675LT is faster on the track, any track. Especially if the 675 uses Trofeo R tires vs. the (inferior) PZero Corsa.

However, have you heard the sound of the Aventador SV? I think this is the best sounding street legal production car on the market, followed by the Huracan and the new R8. Even the F12 tdf can't trump that SV sound...

Agree 100%

I've never driven one, but I think it would be too loud and annoying day to day. Even the 12C just seems too loud.

Maybe I'm getting old. Exhaust sounds are cool and all, but a lot of the time I want quiet.

noone1:

Maybe I'm getting old. Exhaust sounds are cool and all, but a lot of the time I want quiet.

Get an S class coupe.

Or a Tesla indecision

--

2015 981 Cayman GT4 | Powerkit White - The fastest car on Rennteam
    2013 Audi S3 | Glacier White

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688516 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408689 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255520 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234773 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65388 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4634 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857566 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773352 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM