Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Terracotta with deviated black carpet pics?

My wife and I would like to go with terracotta but we need to tone down a little.

I will get the center rear console with exterior color option but also we are thinking about the black deviation for the carpet.

What do you guys think? Any picture of such combo anywhere?
    If we go with the deviation, would the door carpet be in black as well?

-Best

Re: Terracotta with deviated black carpet pics?

Hi, I had a Terracotta interior in my "old" Boxster and also changed the floor carpets to black, makes all the diff (and gtes dirty less quickly). Doorcarpets would stay Terracotta by the way. I really like the new Terracotta, it's a little les reddish, I would go fo it.

MKM, I have the terracotta interior but with no deviation, the roof comes standard in black alcantara. I wouldn't want my capets to be black since the doors will stay in terracotta anyways. The console is a different story though, especially if you have a dark exterior color, see attached pic (not my car - for pics of my car go here http://muhri.net/997)

yes the deviation is nice with the carpets.

BUT what will be your exterior color? this is important for the center console.

and more over my opinion is dont go with black carpet it will darken your interior too much.

CHANGE the upper carpets to black but leave the carpets bellow teracotta so that the doors remain at teracotta

i hope i am expplaining it well

i wanna say that the cars carpet would be better to stay teracotta but the above carpets black in that way the dirt will not be so obvious

I'm getting the terracotta interior, with black exterior. The thought of deviating the carpet color crossed my mind, but just momentarily. First-off, there aren't many choices you could deviate with. Black or a gunmetal grey I suppose. When I picture black carpets under the terracotta in my head, I get a vision of a bad halloween party. I concluded that the only way it would look good inside was "all-the-way", otherwise, pumpkins and witches and plastic table-cloths danced in my head.

The ONLY deviated carpet scenario that looks good to my imagination would be a seal grey, or atlas grey, with matching carpets. That sounds beautiful to me, and it would also blend with and compliment all the metal accents in the interior, causing the whole interior to be cohesive. But I would steer clear of carpeting your terracotta interior in black. Too much contrast, I think it would make the terracotta scream louder, not softer.

Black deviated carpet with Black exterior / Terracotta interior would look great in my opinion and is one of the combos I am considering......it really makes the interior stand out.

I also believe that when ordering deviated carpet the doors are done as well.....at least thats the way it was on the 996.....here is a 996 in Cinnamon Brown/Black Deviated carpet......pretty close to terracotta.....and stunning in my opinion......

I think it looks absolutely awful, but different strokes.... Maybe my problem with it is that it harkens back to the days when American pickup trucks all came with a black rubber mat on the floor, regardless of the upholstery color...

terracotta potential disappointment

sorry but I have to wonder about this and other "exotic" colors.

I found a great mint original 911 SC a while back, almost bought it. Why did I get a chance to buy it at all?

The interior was turquoise green! Everybody who encountered that otherwise great car probably had the same reaction I did: extreme disappointment.

It's just very hard to predict these things.

Re: terracotta potential disappointment

Great feedback, thanks to all.

The exterior color will be GT Silver. So the mid section will be GT Silver as well.

Now, what color I can get the carpets other than black to match with the whole car? Also, when deviating the carpet, the back seat carpet also deviate, correct?

OT question: the other interior color we like is the beige...I assume you guys do not think that GT Silver will go with the beige interior?!?

I don't think deviating carpet is availble on the 987/997

Re: I don't think deviating carpet is availble on the 987/997

The beige looks good with GT silver.

Regarding the terracotta, a grey carpet to match the GT silver would also possibly look sharp, but would show dirt a bit worse. Silver with terracotta was my second choice behind the black & terracotta. It's a classic combo

Re: I don't think deviating carpet is availble on the 987/99

GT silver with beige and a grey carpet would get my vote if you want a deviating colour.

Quote:
    MKM said:
    Great feedback, thanks to all.

The exterior color will be GT Silver. So the mid section will be GT Silver as well.

Now, what color I can get the carpets other than black to match with the whole car? Also, when deviating the carpet, the back seat carpet also deviate, correct?

OT question: the other interior color we like is the beige...I assume you guys do not think that GT Silver will go with the beige interior?!?

All just my opinions....

I'm really not a big fan of Silver with Beige....really don't like it at all. Silver would go good with Stone Grey, Cocoa, Sea Blue, Black, and Natural Grey. I just don't like any light brown with Silver. Others colors such as any blue, black, red, etc. match Sand Beige great.

If your set on GT silver.....you might want to try Stone Grey for the interior and deviate the carpet to black....that looks awesome

Yes if you deviate carpet the back will be the same as the front:

Old Graphite Grey with Black Carpet.....

Silver with Boxster Red (relatively close to terracotta) and Black deviated carpet.

Quote:
    MikeN said:
    Black deviated carpet with Black exterior / Terracotta interior would look great in my opinion and is one of the combos I am considering......it really makes the interior stand out.

I also believe that when ordering deviated carpet the doors are done as well.....at least thats the way it was on the 996.....here is a 996 in Cinnamon Brown/Black Deviated carpet......pretty close to terracotta.....and stunning in my opinion......

Mike..... A turbo with an automatic? that is a Porsche... right?

How long a wait for a car with deviated black carpet?

I'm curious. My dealer told me an additional 6 weeks but I'm not sure if that's a pile of...or the truth. Anyone know for sure?

Re: How long a wait for a car with deviated black carpet?

Just my humble opinion, deviated carpet looks good with the grey interior but i dont like it with terracotta/cinamon red or boxster red.

Good pictures...

OK, I am convinced, there is no need for carpet deviation. Center rear console in GT SIlver will do.

I am set for GT Silver, but we need to see the beige in person to decide to go with terracotta or not.

Now if I can get ipod connection and bluetooth for my phone....

Thanks all, great forum.

BTW, can one change the roof color to silver/grey alcantara?

Quote:
    muhri said:
    MKM, I have the terracotta interior but with no deviation, the roof comes standard in black alcantara.

Quote:
    MKM said:

Thanks all, great forum.

Ipod connection is coming from dension soon.... dont hold your breath on the bluetooth.

Quote:
    MKM said:
    BTW, can one change the roof color to silver/grey alcantara?

Quote:
    muhri said:
    MKM, I have the terracotta interior but with no deviation, the roof comes standard in black alcantara.

Yes, MKM...you can option matching interior color leather roof for $1410; so if you get stone grey leather, the headliner could be stone grey leather also...but not a different shade of grey.

Btw, I vote for GT Silver/Cocoa with GT Silver rear center console....have you seen Cocoa in person? What a quality color and texture! But any of the interior colors you are contemplating would look killer.

Quote:
    MKM said:
    Good pictures...

OK, I am convinced, there is no need for carpet deviation. Center rear console in GT SIlver will do.

I am set for GT Silver, but we need to see the beige in person to decide to go with terracotta or not.

Thanks all, great forum.

aince you'll be getting GT silver which is a special color, go with something special as well (Terracotta or Cocoa) beige is way too standard IMHO. Good luck.

I ordered a Cab in GT Silver with Stone Grey roof and interior. Stone Grey is much richer then the old Graphite Grey. I also considered both Terracota and Cocoa. I knew my wife would hate Terracota and with a Cab, I thought there would be too much Cocoa with the roof. However, if I were getting a coupe, I definately would do Cocoa interior. It looks great and would set off the GT Silver center console beautifully. So would the adaptive sport seats which have metallic grey back similar to the PCM. BTW, deviated carpet is not an option at this time.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/11/24 6:53 AM
    GnilM
    752827 1796
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    430472 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258474 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255402 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79499 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5248 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868081 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    801664 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM