Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Tesla

“Tesla Trading Pattern Looks Bleak After Tough Start to 2021”  C7BEAB03-A272-4B0C-AF73-D01AEAA5AA36.gif

(1 July 2021)

(Bloomberg) -- Tesla Inc. investors just closed out the worst half-yearly run since June 2019, and the electric-car maker’s shares are approaching a technical level that some chart watchers see as a harbinger of further losses.

The lackluster performance in recent months has culminated with the stock now on the verge of a so-called death cross. That’s when a security’s average price over the last 50 days falls below that of its 200-day moving average. It’s a closely watched technical measure that may portend a period of continued declines. In Tesla’s case, the last time shares formed this trading pattern was in February 2019 and preceded a more than 40% decline in the share price to $35.79 from $63.98, within a span of 65 days.

To be sure, while the death cross often implies more pain to come, “sometimes the moving averages will meet and dance together for a bit before bouncing off one another,” said Dan Ushman, the chief executive officer of TrendSpider, a technical analysis software company for traders.

Tesla shares have declined 3.7% in the first six months of the year, underperforming the broader S&P 500 Index amid a growing threat of competition from traditional automakers, as well as lingering concerns about an erosion in its market share in China. They traded at $681.02 on Thursday morning in New York.

Source: Bloomberg

Smiley

bluelines:
    CGX car nut:

Fanciful backpedaling on your part since you picked up that GT4 after the 991.1 GT3 engine debacle. Those issues didn’t dissuade you for purchasing a Porsche product.  However, you have yet to acquire a Tesla.  

I won’t get a Taycan after this, that is for sure:

Luxury sports carmaker Porsche AG must recall 43,000 of its electric Taycan cars over faulty software:

https://www.reuters.com/business/autos-transportation/porsche-recalls-flagship-electric-model-taycan-over-software-issue-2021-07-02/

Again fanciful as, at most, you’re a Tesla type of guy.  

Is there a significant improvement expected in Beta test version 9? 

60F172C3-16AD-4A70-8759-E954867AF5E2.jpeg

Link: https://m.weibo.cn/status/4655186671568775?#&video

Smiley

Going for the Bugatti look with the horseshoe at the front.

Hmm, the Model 3 can't even make that little corner doing 30km/hr? 

--

Looks like the need to eliminate human input is working well for Tesla.  

Enmanuel:

Going for the Bugatti look with the horseshoe at the front.

SmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmiley

--

There is no try. Just do.

Meanwhile Porsche will spend 45000 hours fixing Taycans angry

https://www.evo.co.uk/porsche/porsche-taycan/203985/porsche-taycan-recalled-for-powertrain-glitch

“Porsche centres will need to carry out the hour-long procedure in person, with a recalibration of the electrical systems negating the ability to upload the software update remotely.”

--

2016 Porsche 981 GT4 | Racing Yellow
    2018 Audi S6 Avant | Ibis White

I'm amazed of all the Tesla bashing and fear on more or less every motor forum. This thread seems to be populated with a couple of hard core Tesla haters and it's a sad watch and had hoped this forum was a bit more mature.

Bashing =/= reality

donatello:

I'm amazed of all the Tesla bashing and fear on more or less every motor forum. This thread seems to be populated with a couple of hard core Tesla haters and it's a sad watch and had hoped this forum was a bit more mature.

I could not have summarized it better myself kiss

--

2016 Porsche 981 GT4 | Racing Yellow
    2018 Audi S6 Avant | Ibis White

donatello:

This is not a Tesla circle jerk forum. This is a car enthusiast forum with primary focus on Porsches. 

Teslas are being criticized just as frequently as Porsches here, when warranted. Ferraris, McLarens, Lamborghini are also kept with the same standard. No one brand is immune to criticism. 

If you don't like that, you could always stayed at a Tesla forum to read about Elon is god almighty and his products are best ever🤷🏻‍♂️

--

Whoopsy:
    donatello:

This is not a Tesla circle jerk forum. This is a car enthusiast forum with primary focus on Porsches. 

Teslas are being criticized just as frequently as Porsches here, when warranted. Ferraris, McLarens, Lamborghini are also kept with the same standard. No one brand is immune to criticism. 

If you don't like that, you could always stayed at a Tesla forum to read about Elon is god almighty and his products are best ever🤷🏻‍♂️

Heartily agree.  Tesla did hold much potential until Musk imposed a singular, and often incorrect, vision to the marque. 

donatello:

Sorry but you've been here for just two weeks, posted 6 posts on this sporstcar forum, all revolving around just praising Tesla oddly enough (troll?) ... and you start calling members here haters because they speak their mind about Tesla? and call the forum immature?  Now that's immature, but not surprising, your intentions where pretty obvious.

This is a forum for sporstcars drivers and fans, not for self driving sedans, if you are looking for everybody to agree with your opinion you are in the wrong place, try teslarati or something like that.

I just see it as thick skin training. Not so bad and given the payoff so far. I mean this thread in retrospect is priceless.  There are lot of good reason for real car enthusiasts to take note of the fastest and safest production cars. I could be totally wrong.
    Anyway - a good thread to have fun and realize weapons are not allowed.  Everything else goes and there are no hard feeling. History is the judge. I’m good with that. 

5F107E42-5260-40C8-BF28-96196C23E321.jpegJust some local fun here in KC for the 4th today. They are very loud8F355D2E-3761-4720-9786-50477232EFC6.jpegand spectacular 

FWIW - my 991.2 is in for a recall to fix a software issue with satnav. Not sure why it requires a recall (why not wait for next service?) and it's a bit frustrating that it needs to go in at all (my 2018 BMW gets regular OTA updates - still can't fix the rubbish DAB reception though!). 

OPC said they need a day - possibly two to fix as if the update goes wrong, it causes all sorts of issues (thankfully I don't have the tracker enabled). Good for them as they get recall revenue - not so convenient for me. 

--

991.2 C2S Cab, X3 Black\Black - 2 kids, 1 dog

Reeeeallly... he didn't think it would be that difficult? obvious in retrospect? ... certainly more difficult than taking prepurchase money for it from customers for years ​​​​​​

Hot on the heels of Musk’s, “It is hard!” Tweet is a New York Times article calling Tesla’s safety record with Autopilot into question.  https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/05/business/tesla-autopilot-lawsuits-safety.html#click=https://t.co/UM5JaJgdAh 

I was told by several that this would never become an issue. 

https://youtu.be/7NW6mICjUvM
    interesting to see the progress. For me I prefer just the autopilot on the highways which is included for free. It has improved a lot over the last 19 months. Once in town I would not have the patience for this nonsense. Maybe if I’m drunk except I don’t really drink.  It is interesting to watch. For those of you in traffic around fsd teslas it will help you understand why they are slow friggin slow yet could go so fast. 
    Once this thing can dart through traffic like me I might consider the 10k. 

Some cool stuff from Ford 

https://youtu.be/U-RSbimDNA8

Musk claims he hates his job but only does it to benefit mankind.  https://www.thedrive.com/news/41519/tesla-would-die-if-elon-musk-wasnt-ceo-says-elon-musk  

Do you guys ever pass up confirmation bias?  It’s a beta. Drivers are selected and routinely rejected - Tiny numbers of them.  They are totally aware that they need to pay attention. Newsflash —- all the other car makers also tell drivers to pay attention and offer no assistance at all. Hmmm.  It is ridiculous not to mention actual numbers like how many drivers are beta testers or accident numbers.  Do you think if there was an accident they would tell us?  Have you heard of any or is it just scary videos?  Wonder why?  I get the competition hates YouTube videos of Teslas driving on their own and want to stop that ASAP. 
    Lastly, they imply that the code goes from the developer to the beta tester.  Do you really believe that?  As though Tesla does not first test it at all. As though there is not a comprehensive regression test suite and huge sign off prior to beta release ???  Their lack of finding out details of Teslas testing process is stunning given they asked the others ( or at least they printed their comments) .  At some point in every development cycle there is a step called beta testing. Hello. You all do it. 
    In the end all these beta drivers are going to save the lives of those these ‘reporters’ concern themselves so much with by the millions. 
    Does Tesla’s actual safety record matter at all?  Lol. By all means let’s worry about things which may never happen in the future. Don’t worry about the current fleet of ICE cars without hardly safety features still being produced. In fact no other car being built is as safe.  But you guys have your narrative while I’m at the lake my car drove me to last night after a long day at work.  Where did your car drive you last night? 

How about that plaid that burned?  Funny how the story dropped out of the news. Elon tweeted that everything looks better with fire. Seems he was aware of the arson involved and then crickets from that ambulance chasing lawyer. 

CGX car nut:
    Carlos from Spain:

https://www.consumerreports.org/car-safety/tesla-full-self-driving-beta-software-lacks-safeguards-a6698414036/

Did you expect something to change?

Not at all.

What Tesla is doing should be illegal, just look at this video, the innocent drivers in oncoming traffic in this video did not consent to this

Too funny. You do realize every time you get in a car or walk near a street some novice driver might run you over. In this case you have both a car and a driver doing the driving.  Do look at the actual numbers. Maybe try it even?  You guys are really like cavemen seeing fire for the first time.  As a driver and software developer I only see progress. Like I said the beta testing has to happen at sometime. What you don’t see is how much testing and work is done long before this code is put into beta and even much more for general release.  None of what you see here is the finished version. 
    Btw FSD is now available as a subscription service in US for $199 per month rather than the $10k they had been charging. Turn it on anytime and use it just for a month if you like.  
    Ever consider that these poor pedestrians are around all these runaway cars that can’t even take a simple turn on their own?  Do you consider humans 100% reliable and attentive?  Is it not a good thing that someone is working toward more safety?  
    Of course if any of the automakers could do this and had this type of technology they would be doing the same exact thing. In fact they have been using us as beta testers for 100 years + now. 

How do you propose they do this differently?  You realize they are now using the in car camera to monitor the driver. It did it to me the other night. 

I guess one could just play along with industry and media outrage and halt all beta testing of car software - until the complainer catch up or make a sweet licensing deal with Tesla. It will only delay progress and cost a few thousand victims extra. How many accidents and death so far caused by this beta testing over the years?   Crickets

Leawood911:

Too funny. You do realize every time you get in a car or walk near a street some novice driver might run you over. In this case you have both a car and a driver doing the driving.  Do look at the actual numbers. Maybe try it even?  You guys are really like cavemen seeing fire for the first time.  As a driver and software developer I only see progress. Like I said the beta testing has to happen at sometime. What you don’t see is how much testing and work is done long before this code is put into beta and even much more for general release.  None of what you see here is the finished version. 
    Btw FSD is now available as a subscription service in US for $199 per month rather than the $10k they had been charging. Turn it on anytime and use it just for a month if you like.  
    Ever consider that these poor pedestrians are around all these runaway cars that can’t even take a simple turn on their own?  Do you consider humans 100% reliable and attentive?  Is it not a good thing that someone is working toward more safety?  
    Of course if any of the automakers could do this and had this type of technology they would be doing the same exact thing. In fact they have been using us as beta testers for 100 years + now. 

How do you propose they do this differently?  You realize they are now using the in car camera to monitor the driver. It did it to me the other night. 

I guess one could just play along with industry and media outrage and halt all beta testing of car software - until the complainer catch up or make a sweet licensing deal with Tesla. It will only delay progress and cost a few thousand victims extra. How many accidents and death so far caused by this beta testing over the years?   Crickets

How can this be done differently? Maybe like the rest of the entire industry is doing it? Guess you didn't read the article posted before you knee jerked into your predictable Tesla can do no wrong reply, though not that it would make a difference...

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689086 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408957 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255648 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234896 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65477 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4642 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857805 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773767 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM