Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Tesla

I know I'm stating the obvious but you all Tesla related things way too seriously...

Boxster Coupe GTS:
    Whoopsy:
    Leawood911:
    Whoopsy:
    Leawood911:

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/tesla/model-s/2021/2022-tesla-model-s-plaid-first-test-review/

looks like Whoopsy was right. The plaid is slow. Not able to get to less than 2 seconds. What a piece of crap. The other automakers have nothing to worry about. Easy Peasy. Just don’t make cars with yokes. 

Let’s talk more about the wheel.  It diverts the attention from stuff like specs car guys might be interested in.  
    Congrats Whoopsy!   Called it. 

On a heavily prepped surface with a one foot roll out. So many asterisks on the 1.9something time.

Exactly. It’s obviously slow.  Lots other cars out there much quicker for the money. More practical too.  Even your 918 is almost within 3 seconds of that 0-150 mph. 

Dude what are you on? Smiley

Trolling much?

The second biggest joke (yoke aside) is that this electric vehicle needs 8 to 15 minutes to prepare itself for a full launch... Smiley

...so at best, it is running over 8 minutes to get to 60 mph! Smiley  

After your first run, you’re then asked to leave because your car is too quick without the appropriate safety gear and you don’t hold a drag license. 

Carlos from Spain:

I know I'm stating the obvious but you all Tesla related things way too seriously...

How many times have I tried to dispute this?  This is my entertainment. Priceless 

You guys try so hard to make me a cult member regardless of how many 911 miles I have. Lol. When I agree with what you are saying you think I’m not being serious. 

Hi Leawood, it’s great to hear that you are no longer a cult member and have committed to stop troIIing every topic by posting about TesIa! Smiley

Perhaps it is finally time to close this thread and move on? Smiley

What would be your next car? Audi e-tron GT looks great! Porsche Taycan got a 5-star review from Autocar! VW have a long line of EVs launching... and then there is the Ford Mustang Mach-E if you plan to replace the Model 3 with another electric car, that’s maybe a bit cooler? Smiley

Or maybe take a test drive in the Porsche 992 Turbo S - it’s a great drive and quite fast if you like that sort of car!  E0F26BDD-E91B-4EF4-964B-7C4204B9E420.gif

Boxster Coupe GTS:

Hi Leawood, it’s great to hear that you are no longer a cult member and have committed to stop troIIing every topic by posting about TesIa! Smiley

What would be your next car? Audi e-tron GT looks great! Porsche Taycan got a 5-star review from Autocar! VW have a long line of EVs launching... and then there is the Ford Mustang Mach-E if you plan to replace the Model 3 with another electric car, that’s maybe a bit cooler? Smiley

Or maybe take a test drive in the Porsche 992 Turbo S - it’s a great drive and quite fast if you like that sort of car!  E0F26BDD-E91B-4EF4-964B-7C4204B9E420.gif

Turbo S is too big and crazy expensive. I have been on a waiting list for a gt3 since the 996.  What a joy it is to be a lifelong Porsche customer for 40+ years and not be able to buy the car you want for 20 of those years. 
    Perhaps this explains why I enjoy my Model3. 
    I have been posting here for 15 years. I don’t discuss much about Tesla in other EV threads and try not to mention the word Tesla anywhere but in this thread.  I have only had the car for 18 months. Do the math
    For my troubles and effort to shed some simple light on a pretty political and polluted  topic I have been relentlessly dumped on by grownups who sometimes act like children.  No problem.  I just like cars. 
    Does canceling me or Tesla actually help your car future?  Ask yourself why on earth you are so offended by me?  Something got into your head big time if you think I’m a troll and not just a friend who likes cars. 

Leawood911:
    Boxster Coupe GTS:

Turbo S is too big and crazy expensive. I have been on a waiting list for a gt3 since the 996.  What a joy it is to be a lifelong Porsche customer for 40+ years and not be able to buy the car you want for 20 of those years
    I have been posting here for 15 years. I don’t discuss much about Tesla in other EV threads and try not to mention the word Tesla anywhere but in this thread.  I have only had the car for 18 months. Do the math
    For my troubles and effort to shed some simple light on a pretty political and polluted  topic I have been relentlessly dumped on by grownups who sometimes act like children.  No problem.  I just like cars. 
    Does canceling me or Tesla actually help your car future?  Ask yourself why on earth you are so offended by me?  Something got into your head big time if you think I’m a troll and not just a friend who likes cars. 

There are always ways to buy one. Establish a better relationship with your local dealer is one, start calling around the country is another. In the USA it's perfectly legal to buy a new car out of state, unlike here in Canada.

Porsche doesn't number limit the GT3, so the supply is quite adequate. One just need to look hard enough.

--

Whoopsy: 

There are always ways to buy one. Establish a better relationship with your local dealer is one, start calling around the country is another. In the USA it's perfectly legal to buy a new car out of state, unlike here in Canada.

Porsche doesn't number limit the GT3, so the supply is quite adequate. One just need to look hard enough.

Indeed, there are 62 x Porsche 911 GT3 listed for sale in the US via du Pont Registry...  Smiley

Link:  https://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/results/porsche/911--gt3/all/refine?distance=0&pagenum=1&perpage=100&sort=price...

...make your selection and take one for a drive! E0F26BDD-E91B-4EF4-964B-7C4204B9E420.gif

Whoopsy:
    Leawood911:
    Boxster Coupe GTS:

Turbo S is too big and crazy expensive. I have been on a waiting list for a gt3 since the 996.  What a joy it is to be a lifelong Porsche customer for 40+ years and not be able to buy the car you want for 20 of those years

Wanted to say that for a while. 

Leawood, if you don't get an allocation after all this time it means you are doing something not correctly. Probably you are relieved not to get one Smiley

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm -- 991.2 GT3 RS 

Topspeed:

Someone here said he is fake news............

--

Gnil:
    Whoopsy:
    Leawood911:
    Boxster Coupe GTS:

Wanted to say that for a while. 

Leawood, if you don't get an allocation after all this time it means you are doing something not correctly. Probably you are relieved not to get one Smiley

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm -- 991.2 GT3 RS 

I don’t want a used one. The dealer gets maybe five cars a year and he skips over anyone who has not bought a bunch of new cars recently. It get that. I am not going to develop that type of relationship. Screw that.  The simple point is that in most Med towns with one dealership there are not enough GT3s. They know all these years I would write a check for full retail in a minute.  They sell to others and run out. A waiting list for these is a joke.  But I’m not bitter. 40 years of 911 ownership. Cant buy car from my dealer. 

There are many over at Rennlist that got a new car out of state. At MSRP no less.

You aren't trying hard enough. 

You bought your car from the same dealership 40 years ago? And In between not a single purchase?

That's like have a lunch at a cafe 40 years ago, but you stop by to chat with the waiter once in a while but never go for another meal, and 40 years later the cafe became a 'in' place and you wanted a dinner reservation and they don't give you the table and you got pissed. 

--

Another market segment where Tesla potentially had the lead and Musk managed to squander. https://youtu.be/HVtEizH_0W4

Whoopsy:

There are many over at Rennlist that got a new car out of state. At MSRP no less.

You aren't trying hard enough. 

You bought your car from the same dealership 40 years ago? And In between not a single purchase?

That's like have a lunch at a cafe 40 years ago, but you stop by to chat with the waiter once in a while but never go for another meal, and 40 years later the cafe became a 'in' place and you wanted a dinner reservation and they don't give you the table and you got pissed. 

I never bought a car from them. They did some services while under warranty.   As I said the only car I want from them is a gt3. New. Waiting list since 996.  Are you serious that I need to buy other cars to buy this one?  I know this is true and maybe some seem this is reasonable.   It may be an indication you are part of a cult if you think this a wise decision.   
    I think being put on a waiting list to just wait is fucked up.  Period. For anyone much less someone who has driven 911s all his life and spent tons of money on Porsches doing it. Screw that dealer and Porsche.  Pardon me if I’m pissed. Maybe you get a sense why Tesla is winning. 
    I do need to create a book of your analogies. That one was a total miss.  More like I ordered a coffee 20 years ago, I’m standing in line watching others with bigger orders for 20 years step ahead of me and be served.  So I went to a drinking fountain. 

Leawood911:

I think being put on a waiting list to just wait is fucked up.  Period. For anyone much less someone who has driven 911s all his life and spent tons of money on Porsches doing it. Screw that dealer and Porsche.  Pardon me if I’m pissed. Maybe you get a sense why Tesla is winning. 

So Tesla is winning in your mind because you are were able to buy a Model3 small sedan and not a Porsche GT3 for which you have shown no more interest than placing yourself on a local dealer's list 20 years ago and not even bothered to look elsewhere since? Reminds me of Charlie Sheen's concept of "winning"...

Carlos from Spain:
    Leawood911:

So Tesla is winning in your mind because you are were able to buy a Model3 small sedan and not a Porsche GT3 for which you have shown no more interest than placing yourself on a local dealer's list 20 years ago and not even bothered to look elsewhere since? Reminds me of Charlie Sheen's concept of "winning"...

Nope. I simply don’t see a good reason why my local dealer would put someone who has owned 911s for 40 years and is a cash buyer on a waiting list and essentially lie for 20 years.  Don’t think the Wichita or st Louis would be any better. Keep in mind that all these years they keep letting me know where I am on the list and to just sit tight. It’s right around the corner. Why get on a new list once in line for so long?  You don’t get it. 
    Maybe there are better dealers but mine is a joke, how can you not agree?  And it makes Porsche look like the money grubbing outfit they are. 
    Perhaps this is why there are people talking about going all over the country to find them. 
    It get exclusive stuff and all. Keep in mind that for me this would be a huge part of my income or savings. So financially this is a far greater sacrifice than for all these other guys who have spare change for such purposes. Does Porsche give a shit that someone like me is so loyal to the brand ?  Nope. They sell to some jackass who shovels money and does not know how to drive or even find where to put the key. 
    Good for them. I’m glad for their success but enthusiastic owners like me feel screwed and we got them there. 

Its called supply and demand, the GT3 is in high demand for the production is has being a GTx model. Frankly I don't think you are really interested in a GT3 to be proactive enough to get one, otherwise you would of had several by now in the span of those 20 years.

Also I don't see the problem with dealerships selling high demand models to their best customers first, that is completely fair, and good for those customers and those are likely not jackasses that don't know how to drive btw, what I don't agree is with some shady practices like dealerships selling to flippers (the jackasses) for a cut on the resale, that should be heavily punished by Porsche, though we know it isn't.

In other words, you are too stubborn to look elsewhere for a better dealer……..

--

Carlos from Spain:

Its called supply and demand, the GT3 is in high demand for the production is has being a GTx model. Frankly I don't think you are really interested in a GT3 to be proactive enough to get one, otherwise you would of had several by now in the span of those 20 years.

Also I don't see the problem with dealerships selling high demand models to their best customers first, that is completely fair, and good for those customers and those are likely not jackasses that don't know how to drive btw, what I don't agree is with some shady practices like dealerships selling to flippers (the jackasses) for a cut on the resale, that should be heavily punished by Porsche, though we know it isn't.

Then maybe tell people on waiting lists not to bother being on a list. Of course if they refuse any deposits and tell you all you can do is be on their list and the allocation is right around the corner then they are just lying.   They don’t want me to buy anywhere else but have no plans to sell me one.  
    I don’t see any problem either with them selling to anyone they want or any price. But don’t lie to me for 20 years.  There is no excuse for that.  
    Porsche is likely reading this exchange and many other just like it from me. Do I hear my dealer calling me?  Crickets. 
    Last time i took my car in for a sunroof fix they put two dents in my roof from the inside out, handed me my car back and accused me of putting in the dents. How?  As thought I would not have noticed them as soon as I looked at the car - as they would have it I brought it in like that.  Shop mechanic told me straight faced he did not do it even though he was the only one in there since that car was built. 
    My opinion at this point is they are only interested in rich fools they can part with their money.  Drivers who enjoy their products and know how to use them need not bother. 

Leawood911:

Then maybe tell people on waiting lists not to bother being on a list. Of course if they refuse any deposits and tell you all you can do is be on their list and the allocation is right around the corner then they are just lying.   They don’t want me to buy anywhere else but have no plans to sell me one.  

You are a smart guy, after 2-3 years you would of realized your place on your local dealer's list is BS, let alone 20 years, plenty of time to go looking elsewhere, US is a big country. As the saying goes, fool me once shame on me,  fool me twice shame on me, don't blame the shitty dealer if you let yourself being strung along in a list for 20 years. Like i said, if you would of been interested enough you would have owned several GT3s by now.

Whoopsy:

You are just figuring out he is too stubborn?  I’ve stopped reading what he posts and I always post articles here that I find interesting regardless if it winds him up or not.  

“How to get a Porsche 911 GT3 / RS / GT2 RS / Speedster from your Dealer”  E0F26BDD-E91B-4EF4-964B-7C4204B9E420.gif

Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leTKx93DAEY

Smiley

Leawood911:
    I don’t want a used one. The dealer gets maybe five cars a year and he skips over anyone who has not bought a bunch of new cars recently. It get that. I am not going to develop that type of relationship. Screw that.  The simple point is that in most Med towns with one dealership there are not enough GT3s. They know all these years I would write a check for full retail in a minute.  They sell to others and run out. A waiting list for these is a joke.  But I’m not bitter. 40 years of 911 ownership. Cant buy car from my dealer. 

Amen,

I live in a top-30 metropolitan-statistical-area city.  Nonetheless, my local dealer is only likely to get one (1!) GT3, winged, or not, in the current cycle.

If I wasn't a 918 owner with a guaranteed allocation, I would be in the same boat as you.  It wouldn't matter that I had purchased 7-figures worth of cars over the years.  I would not be able to purchase a GT3 Touring from my dealer or the other Porsche dealer in Cincinnati in the next year, if ever.

All you big-city, allocation-arbitraging, wheeler dealers don't have the same frame of reference as do we fly-over-country smaller-market Porsche fans.  The Porsche desirable-model allocation methods are truly offputting.

--

Mike

918 Spyder + Taycan Turbo + Tesla Roadster 1.5 & Model S P100D AP2 + BMWs (Z8 + 3.0 CSi) + Bentley Arnage T

Thank you Mike!  Also for making my Porsche dreams come true all these years by allowing me to keep my drivers license! Saved me twice just this week. 

CGX car nut:
    Whoopsy:

You are just figuring out he is too stubborn?  I’ve stopped reading what he posts and I always post articles here that I find interesting regardless if it winds him up or not.

A) you can’t possibly wind me up.  This is my hobby.  If I did not like it you would not be seeing my posts.

B) notice I never ask you not to post and welcome all information.  Yes I fight bullshit cause I’m not some sheeple. You want to insult me repeatedly- sorry but you are a broken person if this is how you choose to communicate.  Hope all is well or gets better for you soon. 

C) what Mike said about small to mid size town dealers - and actually almost all in the US. 

mind reading is not this forums strong suit. 

Porsche 911 GT3 Buyer’s Guide...  C7BEAB03-A272-4B0C-AF73-D01AEAA5AA36.gif

13B54112-8FC2-4DF2-8DD8-E3BC7D968DB5.jpeg

801536A5-0371-4F6C-8D90-8CAA2A54CF93.jpeg

2F2BE0E1-903C-4EC2-8512-3A1C97CF8A36.jpeg

ED7273AA-3F3B-498B-9286-C0AB4301B1D2.jpeg

3B35D673-DD03-4061-9789-7B04097431CD.jpeg

0919A265-033D-4052-9D7F-A55EB0A402E7.jpeg

56305297-4A8F-415B-8CC9-94CE04B3AA58.jpeg

F55D4BA5-0B8E-48EA-BEB8-BA966FC0CC5F.jpeg

...enjoy your search for a GT3!  E0F26BDD-E91B-4EF4-964B-7C4204B9E420.gif

Smiley

Smiley Gosh. I would have never guessed that the plaid would cause people to change topics. 
    what on earth does a 997 have to do with getting a new allocation from ones local dealer?  

Maybe if all of you write a letter to Porsche for me…. That would be helpful. 
    here are my qualifications- 

900k  plus 911 miles over 40 years, 8 different 911s and one 914. All daily driven, no accidents. Born in Sept of 1963 just a few miles from Frankfurt as the car was introduced.  We are twins. I celebrate birthdays along with the 911. First rides were as a five year old in the foothills of the Austrian Alps a few miles from the Porsche home.  Some of you may know the driver,  Mr. Princehorn - nice friend of my dads. 
    Next is 20 years patiently waiting in line.  I actually went to high school and was friends with the son of the Porsche dealer back then. Art Bunker. He was a driver for Porsche and had a nice dealership. There were three in town back then. 
    Cash buyer with a turbo trade for good measure. 
    If Porsche would like to sell me a new GT3 you know how to reach me.  If you don’t think my facts are true check my dealers waitlist for my name.  
    Don’t get me wrong. I love Porsche and think it’s great they don’t have enough cars. Good for them.  But don’t tell me I have not tried or don’t try hard enough.   Do you think for a minute I will get a car offered to me?  

btw - which cult again?  How much time and money have I spent on which cult?  Porsche has never had a more loyal fan and they don’t care. 

If you have had an order on a Porsche 911 GT3 for the past 20 years, all you need to do now is make your choice of GT3 model...  Smiley

Weissach wonders: the history of the Porsche 911 GT3

Porsche 996 GT3: 1999

Taking over the mantle of the old air-cooled 993 RS, the new 996-based GT3 was also the work of Porsche’s Weissach motorsport department, even if it didn’t have the Rennsport badge to prove it. Water-cooled, like every 996, but based on the old Mezger flat-six that took Porsche to Le Mans victory with the 911 GT1.

The GT3 was claimed to be the first car to crack 8 minutes at the ‘ring (and with the optional Clubsport pack’s buckets ’n’ cage combo, looked ready to let you try), though Nissan’s R33 GT-R was already sipping beer in the Pistenklause while wearing the T-shirt, when it crossed the line.

Engine: 3600cc 24v flat six, 355bhp@7200rpm, 273lb ft@5000rpm
    Transmission: Six-speed manual, rear-wheel drive
    Weight: 1350kg (unladen DIN)
    Performance: 4.8sec 0-62mph, 10.2sec 0-100mph, 15.8sec 0-124mph, 23.2sec standing km, 188mph

Porsche 996.2 GT3: 2002

The 996.2 GT3's engine could be merrily wound to 8000rpm and beyond.

Engine output was up 21bhp, and the redline extended 400rpm to 8200rpm, while six-pot calipers replaced fours to keep it under control. Ceramic brakes were optional for the first time and, like its predecessor, it only had two seats.

Tell it from the older version by its more angular looking headlights and alloy wheel spokes, and its more conventional rear wing.

Engine: 3600cc 24v flat-six, 376bhp @ 7400rpm, 284lb ft @ 5000rpm
    Weight: 1380kg (unladen DIN)
    Performance: 4.5sec 0-62mph, 9.4sec 0-100mph, 14.3sec 0-124mph, 22.8sec standing km, 190mph

Porsche 996.2 GT3 RS: 2003

Forgotten what you'd bought? Fear not, as Porsche made it pretty obvious from the outside.

The RS was back, and clearly playing on the badge’s heritage: this 996 was only available in white with a choice of ’73 RS-aping red or blue accents.

A proper homologation special, the RS featured different wheel hub assemblies, lighter (and noisier) single mass flywheel, a polycarbonate rear window, and generous helpings of carbon on the front bonnet and rear wing.

Engine: 3600cc 24v flat-six, 376bhp @ 7400rpm, 284lb ft @ 5000rpm
    Weight: 1360kg
    Performance: 4.4sec 0-62mph, 9.2sec 0-100mph, 14sec 0-124mph, 22.5sec standing km, 190mph

Porsche 997 GT3: 2006

You could almost hit 200mph in the 997 GT3.

By 2006 the new Carrera was putting out as much power as the original GT3, so Weissach upped its game, pushing the unblown flat six to over 400bhp – and a beyond-the-clouds 8400rpm – for the first time thanks to the 3.6’s new variable intake manifold.

There was shorter gearing to capitalise on it, plus traction control to spare blushes, if not your underwear, should those semi-slick Michelin Pilot Sport Cup tyres take a dislike to a patch of wet Tarmac. And boy did they dislike rain. PASM adaptive dampers made this the best GT3 on the road so far.

Engine: 3600cc 24v flat-six, 409bhp @ 7600rpm, 298lb ft @ 5500rpm
    Weight: 1395kg
    Performance: 4.3sec 0-62mph, 8.7sec 0-100mph, 21sec standing km, 192mph

Porsche 997 GT3 RS: 2006

The GT3 RS version of the 997 was wider, firmer and more aggressive.

Existing solely to homologate the RSR racer, the road-going RS had no more power than the regular GT3, but an even better idea of what to do with it. Borrowing the Turbo’s 44mm wider track (other two-wheel drive cars stuck with the narrow shell), the RS put more rubber to the pavement and hunkered even closer to it.

An even more comprehensive roll cage than the Clubsport GT3’s dominated the interior, but keeping mass down with tricks including a plastic rear window helped peg the kerb weight to 1375kg. Look out for lurid paint and some questionable side graphics.

Engine: 3600cc 24v flat-six, 409bhp @ 7600rpm, 298lb ft @ 5500rpm
    Weight: 1375kg
    Performance: 4.2sec 0-62mph, 8.5sec 0-100mph, 20.9sec standing km, 192mph

Porsche 997.2 GT3: 2009

The 997.2 GT3 featured a larger, more advanced and more powerful engine.

The big news for the second-gen 997 GT3 was a 200c increase in engine capacity to 3.8 litres, and Porsche’s clever Variocam valve trickery was now fitted to both cams, not just the intake. Power was up 20bhp and torque by almost as much.

Tell it from 997 v1 by the centre-lock wheels, triple vents below the rear badge, and the huge park bench of a spoiler above it.

Engine: 3797cc 24v flat-six, 429bhp @ 7600rpm, 317lb ft @ 6250rpm
    Weight: 1395kg
    Performance: 4.1sec 0-62mph, 12.3sec 0-124mph, 193mph

Porsche 997.2 GT3 RS: 2010

Substantial spoiler mounts make it easy to spot the 997.2 GT3 RS.

Porsche put some real distance between the GT3 and RS this time, in every sense. The RS shared the spoils of the jump to 3.8-litres but squeezed out an extra 15bhp for a 444bhp total.

Attention to weight-saving detail included a lithium ion battery, but the chassis didn’t miss out on upgrades. PASM adaptive dampers made their first appearance on an RS, as did dynamic engine mounts, while this time the front track – and not just the rear – was wider too.

Engine: 3797cc 24v flat-six, 444bhp @ 7900rpm, 317lb ft @ 6750rpm
    Weight: 1370kg
    Performance: 4sec 0-62mph, 12.2sec 0-124mph, 192mph

Porsche 997 GT3 RS 4.0: 2011

The GT3 RS's 0-62mph time dipped into the threes for the first time in the history of the line-up.

The 2.7 RS of our generation, and a fitting swansong for the legendary Mezger engine. Stretching the flat six to 4.0-litres pushed power towards Turbo territory, but it was the extra torque that made this a standout among GT3s.

With the help of a lightweight carbon bonnet and front wings and impressive sounding (but probably just thinner) ‘weight optimised carpets’, the RS 4.0 tipped the scales at just 10kg more than the first GT3 back in 1999, but lapped the Nordschleife a whole 30sec quicker. Legend.

Engine: 3996cc 24v flat-six, 493bhp @ 8250rpm, 339lb ft @ 5750rpm
    Weight: 1360kg
    Performance: 3.9sec 0-62mph, 12.0sec 0-124mph, 193mph

Porsche 991 GT3: 2013

Many balked when when Porsche announced that the 991 would get a dual-clutch gearbox.

Switching to a compulsory twin-clutch ‘box was a big change for the previously manual-only GT3, and contributed to a relatively big kerbweight too: this new-era 911 was 80kg (176lb) heavier than that first version back in ’99.

Not that you’d know it from the way it drove. The old Mezger engine was gone, but its replacement was about as shabby as a new mink coat, pushing out near-4.0 RS power – and the real Rennsport car was still to come.

Engine: 3799cc 24v flat-six, 469bhp @ 8250rpm, 325lb ft @ 6250rpm
    Transmission: Seven-speed dual-clutch, rear-wheel drive
    Weight: 1430kg
    Performance: 3.5sec 0-62mph, 195mph

Porsche 991 GT3 RS: 2015

The RS's flat-six punches out 493bhp at 8250rpm.

Characterised by a raft of geeky aero tweaks including vents in the carbon front wings that made it look like the subject of a mad scientist’s vivisection experiment, this RS produced a crushing 330kg of downforce at 186mph.

It didn't use the same engine as the old RS, mind, but it was equally voluminous and delivering eerily identical 493bhp and 339lb ft outputs. Like its non-RS contemporary, this GT3 was PDK-only – if you wanted a manual with this motor you had to beg your dealer for a limited-run 911R (and more than likely watch them laugh in your face).

Engine: 3996cc 24v flat-six, 493bhp @ 8250rpm, 339lb ft @ 6250rpm
    Transmission: Seven-speed dual-clutch, rear-wheel drive
    Weight: 1420kg
    Performance: 3.3sec 0-62mph, 7.1sec 0-100mph, 10.9sec 0-124mph, 193mph

Porsche 991.2 GT3: 2017

Prefer manuals? You're in luck...

Enthusiasts cheered when it was announced that the latest GT3 would be offered with a manual gearbox, in a surprisingly retrograde move. The PDK version would remain, but those wanting to row their own gears – and be slightly slower in the process – were finally sated. 

Power remained the same, with the 4.0-litre flat-six continuing to thump out 493bhp, but a whole host of aero, chassis and tech tweaks should ensure that the latest take on the GT3 is even quicker across country than before.

Engine: 3996cc 24v flat-six, 493bhp
    Transmission: Six-speed manual or seven-speed PDK, rear-wheel drive
    Weight: 1430kg (unladen DIN, PDK)
    Performance: 3.4sec 0-62mph (PDK), 197mph (PDK)

...they are all available to buy from dealers in the US market, so take your pick! Smiley

Look forward to hear how you enjoy test driving all those great GT3s!  E0F26BDD-E91B-4EF4-964B-7C4204B9E420.gif

Good luck with your GT3 search! Smiley

Leawood911:

Smiley Gosh. I would have never guessed that the plaid would cause people to change topics. 
    what on earth does a 997 have to do with getting a new allocation from ones local dealer?  

Maybe if all of you write a letter to Porsche for me…. That would be helpful. 
    here are my qualifications- 

900k  plus 911 miles over 40 years, 8 different 911s and one 914. All daily driven, no accidents. Born in Sept of 1963 just a few miles from Frankfurt as the car was introduced.  We are twins. I celebrate birthdays along with the 911. First rides were as a five year old in the foothills of the Austrian Alps a few miles from the Porsche home.  Some of you may know the driver,  Mr. Princehorn - nice friend of my dads. 
    Next is 20 years patiently waiting in line.  I actually went to high school and was friends with the son of the Porsche dealer back then. Art Bunker. He was a driver for Porsche and had a nice dealership. There were three in town back then. 
    Cash buyer with a turbo trade for good measure. 
    If Porsche would like to sell me a new GT3 you know how to reach me.  If you don’t think my facts are true check my dealers waitlist for my name.  
    Don’t get me wrong. I love Porsche and think it’s great they don’t have enough cars. Good for them.  But don’t tell me I have not tried or don’t try hard enough.   Do you think for a minute I will get a car offered to me?  

btw - which cult again?  How much time and money have I spent on which cult?  Porsche has never had a more loyal fan and they don’t care. 

So all in all you are too stubborn to find another dealer to sell you a car. 

You aren't a good client of that dealership yet you want them to bend to your will that they sell you a car at MSRP. Entitled much? You refused to put in the time and effort to find a car, you much prefer to sit on the couch waiting for the dealership to bow to you and call and say here is a car for you🙄

There are how many Porsche dealers in the USA again? It's not hard to pick up a phone and start calling. That's how all those people on Rennlist get their hands on one having never bought a Porsche ever. 

--

Maybe read Mike’s reply.  Your advice is not helpful or kind.  This is about my local dealer and their lack of allocations. I don’t have resources like you do. Just a lifelong customer who perhaps expects better treatment. If you think I am acting entitled that is your opinion. You can criticize me all you want but you have no explanation for this local Porsche dealer. 
    In reality this is all about being rich enough to be entitled.  Hardly my problem.  It has nothing to do with anything but money.  Period. 
    As I recall when Manny got his 935 or whatever it was you were not too happy.  It could be argued your sense of entitlement dwarfs mine.  I doubt you get that but I’m happy for you and your success. 

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688702 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408765 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255554 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234813 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65401 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4636 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857635 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773479 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM