Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Ferrari/ Maserati update

Been chating with my friend who works for the group, good news for him, no major changes in terms of jobs.:!
    They have been however in the high management, but that's because Mr Morchione, CEO of Fiat group takes over the new entity now formed by Alfa, Maserati and Case New Holland (world leader in tractors).
    So no more need for Mr Leach. Only a year at the head of the Maserati, but he was given an extremely generous departure cheque.
    Fiat will keep Lancia.
    All this for the Ferrari IPO to be launched sometime in 2005.

As for the F430, Nberry was right about the US delivery, due to high dollar not anticipated by the group, all delivery of US F430 have been allocated to the Asian market!
    Ferrari will wait fo the dollar to recover.
    F612 F575 are still being delivered due to their higher price and lower volumes, but for now, no F430 goes to the States.

Finally, new Maserati Coupe and Spyder are ready and apparently magnificent cars. Expect 450 hp, and folding hard top for the Sypder (this was known since a while).
    I don't think it'll be a 997 beater as the weight will also be hefty, probably minimum 1700 kgs, a very nice GT in perspective then.

In the future, nothing will change for Maserati, the collaboration with Audi is going to increase, and with Ferrari, collaboration stays the same.
    In terms of delearships, nothing new for the next five years, Ferrari will still share dealership with Maserati and Alfa will stay on it own.
    We will not buy an Alfa in a Ferrari dealership.

Finally, little scoop, Fiat Auto has big plans for Maserati, we might see in less than two years a Boxster Competitor. (Probably with an Alfa engine I guess).
    Nothing on a small Ferrari though.
    And silence on a Maserati powered Alfa (it would make sense though).

Voila!

Re: Ferrari/ Maserati update

Very cool scoop thanks fanch.

Great info fanch, very interesting read. Thanks!

Perhaps future of Maserati might look better than I thought it would (after all those ups and downs...).

indeed, quite interesting francois

but IMO those are no good news.

- the only reason maserati is being split from ferrari is that maserati is a loss-maker and ferrari now gets dolled up for the IPO.

- leach is a good man, quite a car guy. same with axed FIAT auto boss demel.

- ferrari is going the BMW way. BMW wanted to grow without expanding their product range below the 3 series and bought rover. it didn't work as we know. now there's the 1 series. so we'll see ferrari's 1 series some time soon, i guess.

- i see similarites regarding the dealership as well. all BMW partners had to costly integrate rover... as far as i know, ferrari really put a lot of pressure on their dealers, like "we deliver you a 360 only if you also take 2 maser coupés". so a lot of masers are in the market just because the dealers wanted to sell ferraris. i wonder how much pressure alfa can generate?

Quote:
    zzboba said:
    indeed, quite interesting francois

but IMO those are no good news.

- the only reason maserati is being split from ferrari is that maserati is a loss-maker and ferrari now gets dolled up for the IPO.

- leach is a good man, quite a car guy. same with axed FIAT auto boss demel.

- ferrari is going the BMW way. BMW wanted to grow without expanding their product range below the 3 series and bought rover. it didn't work as we know. now there's the 1 series. so we'll see ferrari's 1 series some time soon, i guess.

- i see similarites regarding the dealership as well. all BMW partners had to costly integrate rover... as far as i know, ferrari really put a lot of pressure on their dealers, like "we deliver you a 360 only if you also take 2 maser coupés". so a lot of masers are in the market just because the dealers wanted to sell ferraris. i wonder how much pressure alfa can generate?

Very interesting points .

what other info can anyone share about a new maser coupe/spyder? i currently have a gransport on order, which i should get next month. however, is there something better coming around the corner? should i wait? if the new generation is going to be materially better, i'm not sure i want the last iteration of the old generation.

Good stuff Fanch

I wonder how long Ferrari can go on screwing their US customers cause it doesn't look like the dollar will change anytime soon, they can't wait like this nor can the delaers
    Asian market is exploding and all high-end manufactures are setting their eyes there, due to this the american market is starting to become a smaller piece of the cake on their sales now for european makers (for some it used to be more than half of their production, now much less) and US is starting to have less influence on company decitions and marketing. I remember watching an interview with the BMW CEO and the projected sales/demand in following years in the growing asian market were incredible.

Quote:
    what other info can anyone share about a new maser coupe/spyder? i currently have a gransport on order, which i should get next month. however, is there something better coming around the corner? should i wait? if the new generation is going to be materially better, i'm not sure i want the last iteration of the old generation.

i don't want to rattle you, but the gransport is what car manufacturers always do, if a model range is aging and the successor is around the corner: doll up the existing range with some "special" model to keep buyers interested in the meantime -- 550 barchetta, 575 superamerica, 360 challenge stradale, 996 GT3 RS, 996 "40 years", boxster 550 anniversary, maserati gransport...

on the other hand: there's nothing wrong with buying the "final essence" of a nice car. the gransport is nice, from what i've heard -- and i love it's looks.

I agree. I believe that the Asian market will gradually become more important for car makers than the U.S. market; specially the luxary & sports cars.

Quote:
    trice said:

Here are some spy pictures of the upcoming coupe and spyder (not much you can make out these pix) but I would say since the company needs to reinvent itself again (after Ferrari's split) the new models will show up probably sooner than expected. Click Here

As zzboba said, Gransport is a fine looking car .

Quote:
    zzboba said:
    ...- i see similarites regarding the dealership as well. all BMW partners had to costly integrate rover...

If I understand your statement correctly, BMW dealers in the U.S. were not forced to integrate any rover products.

Greg A

Quote:

If I understand your statement correctly, BMW dealers in the U.S. were not forced to integrate any rover products.

i don't think rover was introduced to the US market, but i'm not sure.

Quote:
    zzboba said:
    Quote:

i don't think rover was introduced to the US market, but i'm not sure.

That's correct. Rover never made it to the U.S..

hahaha all US F430 given to Asia ahahah

I am surprised that few people reacted with this news.
    Because it's a bomb ...
    but honestly, I can't believe that.

Quote:
    Fanch said:

As for the F430, Nberry was right about the US delivery, due to high dollar not anticipated by the group, all delivery of US F430 have been allocated to the Asian market!
    Ferrari will wait fo the dollar to recover.
    F612 F575 are still being delivered due to their higher price and lower volumes, but for now, no F430 goes to the States.

Voila!

I believe Ferrari may be having second thoughts on this strategy. The US dealerships will not accept this approach. It is rumored that the US cars that went into the system may have already been built and Ferrari is trying to time deliveries of cars to lessen the impact of the exchange rate. For an example, though my car in the system indicates it is at the initial built stage (it was ordered in October 2004) it may be built and waiting for release. However, they cannot wait long because built cars must be paid for and holding them in Italy does not help Ferrari's receiveables.

It is my understanding that Ferrari has also resumed allocations to US dealerships.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    764465 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    436581 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    261082 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257999 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    82667 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5329 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

876956 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    809037 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM