Crown

Board: Lamborghini Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Sport Auto Supertest: Lamborghini Huracan LP 610-4

Source GCF:

NBR: 7.28

HHR: 1.07,5

Acceleration:

0-100: 2,9
    0-160: 6,1
    0-200: 9,3

Döttinger Höhe (Speed): 298 km/h

Slalom 18m: 72,4 km/h

Braking:

100-0 (C/W): 39,2 m / 32,9 m
    200-0 (W): 130,7 m

Weight: 1,564 kg (1,639 kg w/Driver)

Tire(s): Pirelli P Zero Trofeo R
    F/R: 245/30/20 - 305/30/20

Power / Torque Output: 592 PS / 554 Nm

Re: Sport Auto Supertest: Lamborghini Huracan LP 610-4

Yes, pretty impressive what semi-slicks can do...

Third fastest time in Hockenheim (Kleiner Kurs) ever...

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

RC:

Yes, HHR time is super fast, but NBR time is not that incredible (similar to 991 GT3 with 135 hp less)...

Maybe part of the reason is that it didn't make all of its advertised power?

--

16 Cayman GT4, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

Grant:
    RC:

Yes, HHR time is super fast, but NBR time is not that incredible (similar to 991 GT3 with 135 hp less)...

NBR time is at GT3 RS level...(7:28...same time) Smiley The ABS issues (even now, Lamborghini didn't manage to adapt the Huracan ABS setup to the super sticky Trofeo R tires, for whatever weird reason) have certainly prevented a better time (article says that as well).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

RC:

NBR time is at GT3 RS level...(7:28...same time) Smiley 

OK, Porsche did it with only 110hp less...

--

16 Cayman GT4, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

Grant:
    RC:

NBR time is at GT3 RS level...(7:28...same time) Smiley 

OK, Porsche did it with only 110hp less...

The GT3 RS is a track oriented car, there is no doubt about it. Smiley

Lamborghini could easily make a Superleggera version out of the Huracan but right now, I heard that even the LP580 isn't exactly a bestseller, so Lamborghini customers certainly seem to have different priorities.

Audi also seems to plan a R8 GT but it seems that a bi-turbo charged V6 engine entry level 500 HP R8 is more likely and could replace the 540 hp V10. Then, the 540 hp V10 could stay in the Spider only. Just rumors though...

Porsche always had the talent to achieve better performances with less power... Smiley

--

RC:
    Lamborghini could easily make a Superleggera version out of the Huracan but right now, I heard that even the LP580 isn't exactly a bestseller, so Lamborghini customers certainly seem to have different priorities.

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/07/14/lamborghini-huracan-superleggera-spy-video/

--

The new Panamera Turbo time in the NBR is really impressive compared to this one.

--

2016 Cayman GT4 - 1992 964 Carrera 2 - 2014 Mercedes A45 AMG - 2013 Mini Cooper S

Maybe Lamborghini has made some adjustments to these last units on front suspension, compared to the first units who were criticize for having to much understeer. Amazing time.

--

J.Seven

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DW_JyOD5tmY

Nice driving!

--

J.Seven:

Maybe Lamborghini has made some adjustments to these last units on front suspension, compared to the first units who were criticize for having to much understeer. Amazing time.

They did, no more understeer. The R8 also doesn't have understeer but the street tires PZero R01 weaken fast when driven hard on the track and the understeer comes back. The optional Cup 2 is a bit better, for a couple of rounds but after that, it weakens as well. The Trofeo R would fit the R8 (20'' rims) but it isn't officially available for the car and difficult to get.

With the new PZero R02 (new PZero compound developed by Pirelli), the PZero is rumored to be as capable as the Cup 2 tires without compromising in the wet. We'l see...I'm getting my R02 early August.

I also noticed that dry performance is very sensitive to tire pressure on the R8. The "comfort" tire pressure (for speeds under 270 kph) is better suitable for fast rounds, the higher "high speed" tire pressure (for speeds over 270 kph) is very sensitive to steering input and the car oversteers more and switches to some understeer once the tires are too hot.

--

RC:
    Grant:
    RC:

NBR time is at GT3 RS level...(7:28...same time) Smiley The ABS issues (even now, Lamborghini didn't manage to adapt the Huracan ABS setup to the super sticky Trofeo R tires, for whatever weird reason) have certainly prevented a better time (article says that as well).

The 991 GT3 beats them both around the NBR with a 7.25...Smiley...

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.

throt:
    RC:
    Grant:
    RC:

The 991 GT3 beats them both around the NBR with a 7.25...Smiley...

7:32..., not 7:25. Smiley (Sport Auto). The GT3 cannot beat the Huracan on the track, actually not even the GT3 RS (same time on the NBR and better time for the Huracan on "tighter" track). With the right ABS setup, the Huracan would be much faster but apparently Lamborghini (Audi) doesn't bother about better ABS integration, which is kind of weird but understandable, since they do not market the Huracan as a track car. Maybe Lamborghini should offer two different ABS software setups, depending on the tire used? Would make sense.

--

Haha,, I knew you would correct that indecision.. Just 4 secs in it between them ( RS and GT3 ). The gen 2's will be even quicker..

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.

throt:

Haha,, I knew you would correct that indecision.. Just 4 secs in it between them ( RS and GT3 ). The gen 2's will be even quicker..

True indeed. Same goes to the 2nd gen GT3 RS.

Lamborghini will get back into the game with the Superleggera, same goes to Audi with the GT. I have to admit however that I am very happy to have AWD in my R8. Smiley

--

If you see Salomondrin's YouTube video's you know in "real life" who's Daddy against all those staged Reviews....no matter what magazine

BjoernB:

If you see Salomondrin's YouTube video's you know in "real life" who's Daddy against all those staged Reviews....no matter what magazine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0lbJy61DcA

I wonder who is her daddy... Smiley I like Salomondrin's videos but I wouldn't really take him too seriously. Smiley

Bjoern, most reviews are done by car journalists who often drive home in a VW Gold or BMW 3/5 series. Smiley What do you expect from them? Many have personal preferences, many of them judge a car by how they get treated by the brand and their press department and others feel good about a product when they are invited to a very special event and have a great time there in a nice hotel and during a nice test-drive in a warm climate or whatever.

I've seen rave reviews of basically all sports cars on the market but how is that possible? I mean they need to have some downsides, don't they? Smiley

Nobody is interested in honest reviews, this is a fact. Manufacturers don't want to hear what is wrong with their cars, owners who spent a lot of money don't want to listen to that either and diehard fans, who probably never drove these cars even once in their life before, don't want to listen to criticism either. Everything needs to be great and peachy, otherwise car journalists get problems...with the manufacturers, with the owners and the fans. Smiley

Performance comparisons? Well... Sometimes, weird stuff happens. Take the Audi R8 and that tested Huracan: Both had a weird power loss, both had issues with tires and the Huracan with that ABS. Do you really think Audi or Lamborghini are that careless? This is VW Group we're talking about here, Porsche has clearly the leadership in the sportscar segment. These cars are sold to people who want such a car, not people who read Sport Auto or look at track times. This would be Porsche. Porsche needs to be good on the track, otherwise it gets embarrassing for them. Lamborghini? Well, who cares? Same goes to Audi. McLaren needs to beat the other manufacturers by something, otherwise they are done because they are a small company and barely have dealerships.

In the end, it all comes to what people experience with cars themselves and how they experience the performance.

Some of the private YouTube videos actually show the true performance of the cars, in a way or another. Reviews with factory cars are not exactly accurate, especially turbo charged cars will always perform pretty well. Smiley 

Take that 570S reviewed by AutoBILD Sportscars: Even they suspected that it had much more power than advertised but according to them, a dyno test was not possible (but they don't really give details). This doesn't mean of course that 570S won't get the same (higher) power with their cars, which would be OK to me if all customer cars perform as good as this one.

Then, take launch control for my R8: I tried launch control once but was surprised how lame it is. I didn't have the feeling that it makes the car faster than starting from standstill without launch control. Smiley To test this "theory", I did a 0-120 kph run compared to a BMW S 1000 RR. My friend tested his bike from 0-100 kph in 3.2 seconds (he is pretty good at starting off from standstill without producing a wheelie Smiley). We tried three times and three times, I was around half a car length in front of him from the start. He didn't come closer a bit. So my R8 certainly does under 3.2 seconds from standstill from 0-100 kph without launch control. My Performance Box is currently with a friend, so I couldn't use it but that BMW S 1000 RR always delivers quite a steady performance and it was quite warm (27°C) and dry on that day.

Real world performance is something I really appreciate but you won't find it in car magazines. Sometimes the test reviews are contradictory, sometimes the posted times are not right and sometimes the car journalists (reviewers) come to completely different conclusions. I saw a review where the Turbo S was on first place and another one it was on third place. Same cars reviewed. Smiley 

--

Real world performance is something I really appreciate but you won't find it in car magazines.

very true - however, I found EVO-magazine still the Benchmark for sportscars. I like SportAuto for their technical data - but it's very clear that they are in bed with the VW Group.

I think Videos from Salomondrin are extremely refreshing as all those cars are owners cars and are not being set up for a particular track or day - but are true stock as delivered to their customers and they even go thru their personal expense and put the same tires on them. Kudos to a guy who puts his Money where his mouth is !

BjoernB:

Real world performance is something I really appreciate but you won't find it in car magazines.

very true - however, I found EVO-magazine still the Benchmark for sportscars. I like SportAuto for their technical data - but it's very clear that they are in bed with the VW Group.

Believe it or not, not really. The problem is that Sport Auto seems to have a very hard time to get official test cars from car manufacturers. Don't underestimate this issue. Another problem is that they want to be neutral and sometimes car manufacturers put a big "but" in their conditions for an official support with test-cars. I do not say that Sport Auto is not biased at all, VW Group has lots of ads in Sport Auto and AMS but they are not in bed with VW Group, they just get their test cars from VW Group much easier than from other manufacturers. This is a fact!

I think Videos from Salomondrin are extremely refreshing as all those cars are owners cars and are not being set up for a particular track or day - but are true stock as delivered to their customers and they even go thru their personal expense and put the same tires on them. Kudos to a guy who puts his Money where his mouth is !

I'm not exactly a fan of people who show off their (car) wealth on YouTube. I do not understand why Salomondrin does it  and maybe I don't even care why he does it (his decision, not mine) but personally, I would prefer a mixture of Chris Harris, Shmee 150 and Saabkyle04. Salomondrin reminds me of a "car philosopher", which sounds like a thing but it isn't. Smiley Actually, I prefer his boob videos more than his pseudo-intellectual pillow talk but maybe it is just me. Smiley

No, I don't have anything against him, I admire people like him who are capable to attract millions of people and make money off them. Same goes to the Kardashians. Genius! This doesn't mean I have to like their videos or even watch them. Smiley If he would show more of the cars and less of him, I would clearly enjoy his videos much more. Or some boobs (not his obviously Smiley) would do just fine as well. Smiley

--

well - good that different opinions are out there - however, shmee can't drive but just explain Looks & buttons in a car , Chris just drives sideways - but Salomondrin's Group at least owns the cars hence for me it's the best Benchmark. Nothing worse than People who just read stuff or drive for a couple of miles a car and argue with true owners.....

BjoernB:

well - good that different opinions are out there - however, shmee can't drive but just explain Looks & buttons in a car , Chris just drives sideways - but Salomondrin's Group at least owns the cars hence for me it's the best Benchmark. Nothing worse than People who just read stuff or drive for a couple of miles a car and argue with true owners.....

+1 Smiley

--

2015 981 Cayman GT4 | Powerkit White - The fastest car on Rennteam
    2013 Audi S3 | Glacier White

BjoernB:

This is why I said a mixture of the three I mentioned. Smiley 

--

Topspeed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DW_JyOD5tmY

Why was he driving in manual mode?

--

Of little, to make much: That is the dream of a human life.

nberry:

Why not? Many pro drivers prefer to chose their own shift points, for example to choose to stay in a higher gear to avoid wheelspin in a certain place.  Or because Lambo's auto shift programming may not be as sophisticated as Porsche. 

--

2011 Range Rover Sport S/C,  2009 Porsche 911S

4trac:
    nberry:

Why not? Many pro drivers prefer to chose their own shift points, for example to choose to stay in a higher gear to avoid wheelspin in a certain place.  Or because Lambo's auto shift programming may not be as sophisticated as Porsche. 

Actually based on my experience the Huracan's DCT software is far better tuned than that of the Turbo S. The shifting of the PDK itself is perfect but not the pattern - it's either one gear up and kind of unresponsive in city driving or unnecessary holding high revs. The Huracan is telepathic. 

The 918 shifting program is top notch, same with the GT3RS. On most roads and tracks, it can be left alone and it will be perfect.

BUT, in certain situation a manual shift is needed. When I had Kees riding with me, he suggested going up one more gear just before one turn, cause it means I can go through the entire section in one gear instead of having a shfit in the middle and possibly upset the balance of the car.

Shifting program don't have eyes, they cannot see what's coming up, they can only do what they were programmed to do at certain throttle, brake, rpm and load. 

--

Whoopsy:

BUT, in certain situation a manual shift is needed. When I had Kees riding with me, he suggested going up one more gear just before one turn, cause it means I can go through the entire section in one gear instead of having a shfit in the middle and possibly upset the balance of the car.

Thats exactly what I was referring to above.  A while back I recall seeing a YT vid of a Viper ACR doing a Nurburgring run with a pro driver - on maybe two corners the gearing was not quite tall enough to accelerate all the way to the braking point, so he allowed it to hit the limiter for a fraction of a second rather than shift up (manual of course) which would have slowed him down.  Of course YT lit up with comments about what a crappy driver etc.... Smiley

--

2011 Range Rover Sport S/C,  2009 Porsche 911S

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689958 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409447 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255840 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235074 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65586 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4651 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858196 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774313 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM