Crown

Board: Lamborghini Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Huracán EVO STO

Rossi:
    CGX car nut:
    Rossi:

Robert Mitchell? Who is this guy? 

He owns Apex Nürburgring Taxi but does that given supernatural knowledge on why Lamborghini was at the track?  One can think of several reasons including performance benchmarking for future production models.  

So this guy drives the Ring in a GT2RS MR, a 992 Turbo, a 991 GT3RS and soon a 992 GT3, as well in a McLaren 620R, he tries to badmouth an Italian competitor and some here  attach any importance to his words? How pathetic. Smiley

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Competitor implies he manufactures automobiles instead of driving them around a track. Again, does he possess special information on Lamborghini and its reason for being at the Nürburgring?  Instead, his video is based on series of videos released to the Internet.  

Rossi:
    CGX car nut:
    Rossi:

Robert Mitchell? Who is this guy? 

He owns Apex Nürburgring Taxi but does that given supernatural knowledge on why Lamborghini was at the track?  One can think of several reasons including performance benchmarking for future production models.  

So this guy drives the Ring in a GT2RS MR, a 992 Turbo, a 991 GT3RS and soon a 992 GT3, as well in a McLaren 620R, he tries to badmouth an Italian competitor and some here  attach any importance to his words? How pathetic. Smiley

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

I really don’t think this is a case of Italian bashing.  This guy has a good reputation for honesty, as far as I know.  He previously questioned a top speed claim from an American company (causing the company to admit the data was flawed and they retracted their announcement of the record).  They later invited Robert to witness the next record attempt.  Watch more of his videos - he is not there to support German brands and slam others.

--

22 GT3 Manual pending, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 18 GT3 Manual, 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

Doesn’t VW own Lamborghini? If his suspicions are correct, then it calls in to question Porsche tactics. After diesel gate I doubt VW would allow such tactics posting record laps. Something else is at work here.

--

The purpose of life is to enjoy the moment.

nberry:

Doesn’t VW own Lamborghini? If his suspicions are correct, then it calls in to question Porsche tactics. After diesel gate I doubt VW would allow such tactics posting record laps. Something else is at work here.

No fines or legal trouble for fake lap times at the ring. 
    Can most their customers care less if it’s fake?  Sounds like free publicity to me regardless. We are talking about it. 

Leawood911:
    No fines or legal trouble for fake lap times at the ring. 

Actually, a company could be sued for fraud if it could be demonstrated that the lap was fake and used to market the cars.

--

22 GT3 Manual pending, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 18 GT3 Manual, 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

Also, the reputation of V W  cars would take a huge hit. The brand would suffer as being untrustworthy. Once you lose that, almost impossible to get it back.

--

nberry:

Also, the reputation of V W  cars would take a huge hit. The brand would suffer as being untrustworthy. Once you lose that, almost impossible to get it back.

well look at the Diesel Gate and see that the impact is basically ZERO

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual

Cayenne GTS 2014

Most consumers have short memories. But car enthusiasts may be a little different, some are borderline vindictive.

Robert Mitchell hates Lamborghini, everyone knows this.

This has nothing to do with honesty.

Lamborghini is basically VW Group and if they would cheat, the first one to notice (and complain) would be Porsche but I never heard from a single Porsche engineer that they think Lamborghini is cheating in any way (other than exhaust sound levels maybe Smiley Smiley). Lamborghini and Porsche are actually supposed to work together in the future, assuming that selling Lamborghini is still no option (there are always rumors). Porsche Financial is actually dealing with the Lamborghini lease contracts in many regions, many don't know this. Porsche and Lamborghini are closer than many here think.

Check out this YouTuber ppg.x, he owns a Performante and a GT3 RS MR, he also ordered a STO as far as I know.

Lamborghini PERFORMANTE, onboard lap Nürburgring Nordschleife

I talked to him a while ago and he said that some Lambo haters are full of sh.t. Smiley Couldn't agree more.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)

I recall all the discussions on Porsche providing technical assistance to Lamborghini to develop the active aerodynamics of the Performante as well as assist with the record attempt at Nürburgring.  

RC:

This has nothing to do with honesty

So, when Robert Mitchell says that he was serious about ordering an STO along with his friend Tim (Shmee) or perhaps a Super Trofeo race car, you are saying that he was lying?

It would be nice if some folks would address his specific arguments and not just his motivations.

--

Don't understand why this is being such a heated topic, there is nothing wrong with applying some scrutiny and excepticism to all manufacturers using ring lap times for publicity and marketing.

I've said this before, the current Huracan based line are keepers, they won't make cars like this for long, they have an engine that is at another level than the turbocharged competitors which any enthusiast will appreciate, its like comparing steak to ground meat, and they are also much better looking than the equivalent Mac or Ferrari, a bit too flashy for me to be comfortable with personally but that is my problem not the car's and they still look fantastic to me regardless, and they can not only handle but they are fun to drive which is not always the case. Like I said, amazing cars and a keeper IMO.

But that has nothing to do with looking with a critical eye when the manufacturer uses a ring lap time claim, just like any other, it is not a dish on the car.

the-missile:

Not exactly ZERO, Diesel Gate cost VW more than 31 Billion Euros.

964C2:
    the-missile:

Not exactly ZERO, Diesel Gate cost VW more than 31 Billion Euros.

Almost all that compensation went to US...Europe compensation was funny to stay polite.

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual

Cayenne GTS 2014

Cause there was really nothing to being with. See Tesla with their 'claims'.

USA is broke, they needed all the money they can scam.

Europeans are in a better financial shape than the Americans.

--

RC:

This has nothing to do with honesty.

Lamborghini is basically VW Group and if they would cheat, the first one to notice (and complain) would be Porsche but I never heard from a single Porsche engineer that they think Lamborghini is cheating in any way (other than exhaust sound levels maybe Smiley Smiley). Lamborghini and Porsche are actually supposed to work together in the future, assuming that selling Lamborghini is still no option (there are always rumors). Porsche Financial is actually dealing with the Lamborghini lease contracts in many regions, many don't know this. Porsche and Lamborghini are closer than many here think.

Check out this YouTuber ppg.x, he owns a Performante and a GT3 RS MR, he also ordered a STO as far as I know.

Lamborghini PERFORMANTE, onboard lap Nürburgring Nordschleife

I talked to him a while ago and he said that some Lambo haters are full of sh.t. Smiley Couldn't agree more.

Can you also address the valid points he makes, or we're just calling him a fanboy and close the subject? Smiley

--

1969 Mercedes-Benz 300SEL 6.3  / 2018 Mercedes-AMG E63 S / 2020 Ferrari 812SF

Didn't Shmee, who actually ordered a STO, comment on Robert Mitchell's crap? Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)

I didn’t see crap, did you? And if you did, what/why?

--

1969 Mercedes-Benz 300SEL 6.3  / 2018 Mercedes-AMG E63 S / 2020 Ferrari 812SF

the-missile:
    nberry:

Don’t be myopic. Perpetuating fraud twice on the public in a short period of time will certainly lead to negative consequences for the brand.Smiley

--

RC:

Didn't Shmee, who actually ordered a STO, comment on Robert Mitchell's crap? Smiley

Seemed to me as though Robert asked some reasonable questions.  No need to act as though he's some kind of a heretic who should be burned at the stake for casting doubt on the faith.  If you have some rebuttals to his arguments, I would be very open to consider them.

--

Did anyone happen to read this article on EVO?  This could explain the testing conducted last week Friday at the Nürburgring by Lamborghini and why two cars were being tested.  Comparing the more road going variant with the race car under similar conditions makes for a potentially interesting marketing piece.  

Lamborghini Huracán Super Trofeo Evo 2 racer revealed – previews updated roadcar

Updated one-make racer gives us our first look at the next Huracán road car

Lamborghini Huracán Super Trofeo Evo 2 – front

Lamborghini’s Squadra Corse division has revealed an updated Huracán Super Trofeo Evo 2 racing car, the one-make racer based on the road-going Huracán. This bespoke competition car currently competes in three different customer racing series around the world, but more than just being a new version of an expensive play thing for Lamborghini customers, this Evo 2 update also gives us a vision of the updated Huracán expected to arrive later this year. 

The racing car’s fundamentals are the same as previous Huracán Super Trofeo Evo, mating the road car’s carbon-aluminium chassis construction and 5.2-litre V10 engine, with competition sub frames at either end and racing suspension, wheels and tyres. The only mechanical changes confirmed so far are the application of larger brakes, upsized by 10mm to 390mm discs up front with new calipers and pads. Peak power of the Trofeo Evo 2 is rated at 612bhp, with power going to the rear wheels via a sequential racing gearbox sourced from X-Trac.

Instead, Lamborghini Squadra Corse has focused its updates on the aero package and overarching aesthetic, specifically aligning the Evo 2’s design with the updated Huracán road car that’s expected to arrive later this year. 

These changes can be seen most clearly on both bumpers, with the new design elements taking inspiration from both the Huracán STO and Sian hypercar. Up front, looking beyond the motorsport-spec splitters and canards there are new super slim headlights that sit within a similar y-shaped vent aperture. 

Out back, the rear aspect has also been completely redesigned, with a rather more direct reference to the iconic Countach in the rear light surrounds. While these elements are shrouded in many (many) layers of Squadra Corse competition racewear, they do point towards a shift towards embracing some of the shapes from past icons into the design language moving forward. 

For now though, we still have a few months to wait for the next Huracán to arrive, which will continue production alongside Lamborghini’s future electrification plans. So while it is a certainty that the current V10 supercar will find itself with some form of hybridisation in the near future, whether it will be the car we’ll see later this year remains to be seen. 

https://www.evo.co.uk/lamborghini/203881/lamborghini-huracan-super-trofeo-evo-2-racer-revealed-previews-updated-roadcar 

Thanks for posting this.  There still remain many questions (neither of the cars at the Ring last week looked like this new race car nor a totally stock street car and why did they hire the Nürburgring timing facilities on Friday for anything other than an official lap record attempt), but I appreciate you offering more information that could help us understand the situation better.

--

it would seems Vancouver is getting a STO for showing purposes. Arriving first week of June and I got myself an appointment for a private showing of the car on June 5th.

--

Whoopsy:

it would seems Vancouver is getting a STO for showing purposes. Arriving first week of June and I got myself an appointment for a private showing of the car on June 5th.

you buy one, its too expensive for me so I deferred the viewing Smiley

--

Tim

2008 Cayenne Turbo;  2006 911 Club Coupe;  2016 911 GTS Club Coupe;  2015 Macan S;  2019 Speedster

Whoopsy:

Will there be driving or just looking?

--

Grant:
    Whoopsy:

Will there be driving or just looking?

--

Just a showing. No driving.

--

Targa Tim:
    Whoopsy:

you buy one, its too expensive for me so I deferred the viewing Smiley

Didn't say I am buying one haha.

--

Saw the presentation car. 

Wow. Outside is very hardcore looking, but the inside is very comfortable. The 'racing seats' are super comfortable, unlike those horrible 918 buckets in Porsches. These have seat backs that adjusts, and that makes a big difference. I would say they are up there, if not better than Ferrari's race seats, and those are the benchmark for comfort. 

Digital gauge is nice, and I am extremely impressed with the resolution of the centre console screen. But even with all the new bits, the interior still feels like my old Hurracan. 

Front trunk space all but disappeared, from tiny before to literally non-existence now. There is a squarish space between the 2 ducts with a round bottom, maybe a small watermelon and that's about it. But the Front hinge looks trick.

The rear hatch, well it's just a clumsy piece of carbon fibre with no elegant way to remove it. I can see a lot of owners will scratch their car just from removing or putting it back on. At least it's light since it's all carbon fibre. 

A surprise was seeing it wears Bridgestone Potenza Sport tires. Not those 'hot' Michelin Cup 2 or Cup Rs. It would seems the word is that the Michelin's sidewalls aren't up to par for the car. 

Car starts at CAD$395k, the display car with options is just a shade under CAD$500k.

--

Whoopsy:

Saw the presentation car. 

Wow. Outside is very hardcore looking, but the inside is very comfortable. The 'racing seats' are super comfortable, unlike those horrible 918 buckets in Porsches. These have seat backs that adjusts, and that makes a big difference. I would say they are up there, if not better than Ferrari's race seats, and those are the benchmark for comfort. 

Digital gauge is nice, and I am extremely impressed with the resolution of the centre console screen. But even with all the new bits, the interior still feels like my old Hurracan. 

Front trunk space all but disappeared, from tiny before to literally non-existence now. There is a squarish space between the 2 ducts with a round bottom, maybe a small watermelon and that's about it. But the Front hinge looks trick.

The rear hatch, well it's just a clumsy piece of carbon fibre with no elegant way to remove it. I can see a lot of owners will scratch their car just from removing or putting it back on. At least it's light since it's all carbon fibre. 

A surprise was seeing it wears Bridgestone Potenza Sport tires. Not those 'hot' Michelin Cup 2 or Cup Rs. It would seems the word is that the Michelin's sidewalls aren't up to par for the car. 

Car starts at CAD$395k, the display car with options is just a shade under CAD$500k.

this car will shine on the track, but it is too expensive as a track car.

for street driving, almost everything else is more comfy and less attention seeking.

guess it's a sign of my aging, as I'm looking for comfort, driving experience and low key when car shopping now, rather than hp or 0-60 time.

--

Tim

2008 Cayenne Turbo;  2006 911 Club Coupe;  2016 911 GTS Club Coupe;  2015 Macan S;  2019 Speedster

The square polystyrene storage thing in the front is for a helmet.

--

2019 911 GT3 RS,1964 Type 1

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    759713 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    433804 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    259753 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    256908 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80606 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5305 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

870730 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    805770 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM