Crown

Board: Lamborghini Language: English Region: Worldwide - USA Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Evo Spyder RWD

It looks great kiss Enjoy.

Fantastic colour combo, congrats. Enjoy and wishing you loads of fun. Luckily the car is plenty quick even when breaking it in

Mike

Thanks everyone!

Nick, It’s still raining today so waiting until tomorrow for the photo you asked about.

Gnil, it’s Verde Artemis, and it really is a little bit green. The actual color is somewhere between teal and dark turquoise. Nothing I’ve seen on the web gets it exactly right, but this site is close 

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/verde-artemis-lamborghini-huracan-performante-looks-bewitching-132720.html

Very interesting color.  Looks quite nice in the pics in the link, 

mcdelaug:

Thanks everyone!

Nick, It’s still raining today so waiting until tomorrow for the photo you asked about.

Gnil, it’s Verde Artemis, and it really is a little bit green. The actual color is somewhere between teal and dark turquoise. Nothing I’ve seen on the web gets it exactly right, but this site is close 

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/verde-artemis-lamborghini-huracan-performante-looks-bewitching-132720.html

I can see the green in the link you posted, but in your pics it looks very  blue. 

Today I checked out a new Mini for my wife. The color is black  'something '. But under the sun it becomes blue. I like these changing colors. 

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm -- 991.2 GT3 RS 

Stunning combination, congrats again and drive safely. Smiley Smiley

More pics please. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)

mcdelaug:

Thanks everyone!

Found a picture with top up. I love the green,Smiley This car has my attention. FWIW, my Porsche  dealership had a change of ownership. The Gt3 and RS model will be auctioned after the dealer spec. the cars. That's a non starter for me. Thus my interest in this car.

LAMBORGHINI-Huracan-Evo-Spyder-6518_13.jpg

--

The purpose of life is to enjoy the moment.

Nick, I had a very good experience with Lamborghini Dallas, and Lamborghini doesn’t force customers to use their local dealer. 2022 US cars will still not have GPF, but 2023 probably will. Price increase for 2022 over 2021 was $838 only. Texas will give you a sales tax credit for the”trade in” of an old car when you purchase a new one. If California has something similar it might play into your decision about what venue sells your current car(s). Even though I sold my 981 GTS to LD, the tax credit it generated is applicable for a year and hence helped with the Evo RWD. Lastly, Lamborghini has a truly incredible color catalog. For 14k you can paint an Huracan any flat, metallic or pearl paint you want. So my Verde Artemis is technically an Ad Personam color, but the pricing was the same as for current catalog colors. So why not? Matt is 16.8k (not my favorite). And the paint quality is excellent. Sorry to hear about your Porsche dealer’s policy changes, it’s a seller’s market and that’s an easy money grab for them. Everything is so transactional these days, except RT!

RC:

Stunning combination, congrats again and drive safely. Smiley Smiley

More pics please. Smiley

Thanks RC, once the weather is better, I gotcha covered!

Gnil:
    mcdelaug:

Thanks everyone!

I can see the green in the link you posted, but in your pics it looks very  blue. 

Today I checked out a new Mini for my wife. The color is black  'something '. But under the sun it becomes blue. I like these changing colors. 

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm -- 991.2 GT3 RS 

The science behind these paints is quite interesting. Pearl paints (like mine) typically use mica flakes to refract light and create this “color shift.” Metallic paints use flakes of aluminum to reflect light with a “glitter” or “sparkling” appearance. The most dramatic color shifting is with a paint additive called Chromaflair. Remember JDS Uniphase from the dot com era? They learned a lot about light refraction with doping agents they use for fiber optic cable construction. Chromaflair came from their research. It can shift over most of the visible spectrum, orange to purple for example. Porsche Exclusive is money grabbing this:

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/explosive-gold-porsche-911-gt2-rs-has-94000-chromaflair-paint-129646.html

But there are more dramatic examples too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4GJ87kTUr4

the Aventador at 1:20 is an AdP Chromaflair job

mcdelaug:

The science behind these paints is quite interesting. Pearl paints (like mine) typically use mica flakes to refract light and create this “color shift.” Metallic paints use flakes of aluminum to reflect light with a “glitter” or “sparkling” appearance. The most dramatic color shifting is with a paint additive called Chromaflair. Remember JDS Uniphase from the dot com era? They learned a lot about light refraction with doping agents they use for fiber optic cable construction. Chromaflair came from their research. It can shift over most of the visible spectrum, orange to purple for example. Porsche Exclusive is money grabbing this:

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/explosive-gold-porsche-911-gt2-rs-has-94000-chromaflair-paint-129646.html

Chromaflair is outsourced by PAG closed to Stuttgart and sold at around 82KEuros. for 991 series, they were doing about 5 cars a year. Not sure if they improved this for 992 but beautiful paint work. the bad side of this cameleon effect is basically impossible to repair!

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual

Cayenne GTS 2014

Verde Artemis is a magnificent colour! kiss

Many congrats, beautiful car. I predict: you will enjoy it A LOT. wink

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

enjoy in good health !

Another Chromaflair.

Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 2.58.07 PM.png

(Is anyone else enjoying the irony of the Lambo thread shifting to Porsches?indecision)

With RT one must “go with the flow”

mcdelaug:

Nick, I had a very good experience with Lamborghini Dallas, and Lamborghini doesn’t force customers to use their local dealer. 2022 US cars will still not have GPF, but 2023 probably will. Price increase for 2022 over 2021 was $838 only. Texas will give you a sales tax credit for the”trade in” of an old car when you purchase a new one. If California has something similar it might play into your decision about what venue sells your current car(s). Even though I sold my 981 GTS to LD, the tax credit it generated is applicable for a year and hence helped with the Evo RWD. Lastly, Lamborghini has a truly incredible color catalog. For 14k you can paint an Huracan any flat, metallic or pearl paint you want. So my Verde Artemis is technically an Ad Personam color, but the pricing was the same as for current catalog colors. So why not? Matt is 16.8k (not my favorite). And the paint quality is excellent. Sorry to hear about your Porsche dealer’s policy changes, it’s a seller’s market and that’s an easy money grab for them. Everything is so transactional these days, except RT!

I appreciate the information. In CA we don't have a tax credit and not familiar with it. If I trade in my RS let's say for $200,000, how does it work?

--

nberry:
    I appreciate the information. In CA we don't have a tax credit and not familiar with it. If I trade in my RS let's say for $200,000, how does it work?

In jurisdictions where they offer the tax credit, you only owe sales tax on the net cost of the new car less the trade-in value of the old car.   We have this in Colorado and I'll only owe around $1k of tax on my 992 GT3 with my 991 GT3 trade.

So, if your RS is worth $200k then you would owe tax on the amount of the new car less $200k (say 8% of $25k or $2k in tax in you buy a new car with a price of $225k).  It matters where you register the car, not where you buy it though (if you live in CA, you don't follow the tax rules of TX even if you buy the car in Dallas - you have to register it at a TX address).

--

18 GT3 Manual, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

Or register in Oregon where there is zero sales tax. And property taxes are crazy cheap. You could get license and tags for three years for maybe $1500. 
    Seriously Nick you should get one of these. Much better than the Porsche you have now given where you live. You are also not some teenager. This has the look of a multimillionaire lawyer. Just so much better suited the more I think about it. Now I want to trade my turbo. 

Hey Nick, so Grant’s explanation is exactly how things work if your state has one of these “schemes.” I guess California doesn’t. It saved me a few thousand $ on my Evo purchase. I mentioned it only make sure you kept it in mind as you decided who to buy from and how to sell your current car.  

You may have noticed that a lot of expensive cars have either Oregon or Montana plates. This can be a tax dodge as those states have attorneys that will let you set up an LLC for a few hundred $. You then use that LLC to own your car. These states don’t tax car purchases, and in Montana’s case, some counties don’t even require annual inspections. Other State’s tax authorities are aware of these schemes and you may or may not want to pursue it. I didn’t. But as an attorney you’re much better suited to discern risk in this way than me. I just like understanding what’s possible and why things happen. I think this is what Leawood was referring to.

Stunning MC! Enjoy in good healthwink

Rossi:

Verde Artemis is a magnificent colour! kiss

Many congrats, beautiful car. I predict: you will enjoy it A LOT. wink

Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)

I assume this is CAD Dollars??? 364k? This is insane.

--

mcdelaug:

Hey Nick, so Grant’s explanation is exactly how things work if your state has one of these “schemes.” I guess California doesn’t. It saved me a few thousand $ on my Evo purchase. I mentioned it only make sure you kept it in mind as you decided who to buy from and how to sell your current car.  

You may have noticed that a lot of expensive cars have either Oregon or Montana plates. This can be a tax dodge as those states have attorneys that will let you set up an LLC for a few hundred $. You then use that LLC to own your car. These states don’t tax car purchases, and in Montana’s case, some counties don’t even require annual inspections. Other State’s tax authorities are aware of these schemes and you may or may not want to pursue it. I didn’t. But as an attorney you’re much better suited to discern risk in this way than me. I just like understanding what’s possible and why things happen. I think this is what Leawood was referring to.

I own a property in Beaverton with my daughter. For estate purposes she is on both the property and car title. If you want to go the LLC route, as a lawyer it would be a piece of cake and much simpler than paying for grad school.  Oregon does no car inspection and Kansas only when first purchased (unless it is new then not at all). 

Thanks for sharing that info Leawood. Is it crazy that I’d prefer to pay taxes to my home state than save a little money? Don’t answer that, haha! I’m very loyal to Texas; It has become part of my identity.

Also, I found a better set of Verde Artemis pictures! The rear 3/4 views come closest to the real shade, and also show some pearl color shifting.

https://www.moto3m.pl/lamborghini-gallardo-w-unikalnym-kolorze-verde-artemis-w-integrale-drive-club/

mcdelaug:

Thanks for sharing that info Leawood. Is it crazy that I’d prefer to pay taxes to my home state than save a little money? Don’t answer that, haha! I’m very loyal to Texas; It has become part of my identity.

Nope, highly understandable. Smiley

--

RC:
    mcdelaug:

Nope, highly understandable. Smiley

Says the man from Texas with no state income taxes.  I also own property in Kansas and Missouri and plenty of car and boat taxes in both of those not to mention income taxes. Tax day was yesterday and I just wrote another $7k check. Never got any Covid relief money even though my income took a 40% hit. But I get your point. Do keep in mind I would never have gone the llc route. It was just logical and legal. 

Guys thanks. Something to think about. 

--

Congrats it looks incredible, great spec choices all around. To many happy miles wink

RC:

I assume this is CAD Dollars??? 364k? This is insane.

--

what is beyond insane is that the equipment totals almost the price of the base car.

glad its been ages that I held a Porsche price list in my hand. the only car that would tempt we would be the tacan. and there I am eyeing the e-tron rs

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    764063 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    436349 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260972 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257901 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    82606 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5325 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

876713 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    808734 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM