Crown

Board: Porsche - Boxster Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Suited and booted....

... and ready to fly.

Popped into the dealers yesterday to check a couple of things and drop off some 'accessories' for the car, and it was there - PDI completed, plates on it just ready and waiting under a cover out the back. All I can say was thnk god it was p***ing down with rain otherwise I would have crumbled. Anyway, here's a teaser piccie showing a bit of leg...

There was another guy there who also go to see his car, but when they pulled the cover back it was red.. and he'd ordered black. As I was leaving they were pretty sure it was just the wrong cover on the car and that his was somewhere else in the compound - I sure hope it was....

Re: Suited and booted....

Those 19" wheels look the bo!!ox.

I have refrained from going to see mine as it will make the wait that much harder!!!

Niiiiice wheeeeels.
    Where did you say your dealer was located...?

"Sorry, sir. We don't quite understand what happened...but when we came in this morning, someone had simply cut out the wheels. Luckily we have some 15" spare wheels from a Kia Picanto we can squeeze on..."-

Mua...muahaha...MUAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHHHAHAHHAHA!

You crack me up Dr P!!!!

Quote:
    DrPhil said:
    "Sorry, sir. We don't quite understand what happened...but when we came in this morning, someone had simply cut out the wheels. Luckily we have some 15" spare wheels from a Kia Picanto we can squeeze on..."-

But they look like 22" rims - bling, bling!!

Didn't see mine there per chance?

Quote:
    DrPhil said:

I would post a picture of our Kia Picanto, but the trouble is if I did everybody would want one. My wife says can she have her wheels back please, she doesn't like the crummy 17" Boxster ones someone swapped one dark night. It's ruined the appearance of her Picanto.

Quote:
    dreamcar said:
    Didn't see mine there per chance?

Might have done, there was a artic silver on the ramp hovering above mine but couldn't see the name on the cover.

Oh, found out it's 40 cars going out in March, not all on the first so I've the 8am slot for collection penned in the diary, so far just me and some poor sod picking up a 997 at that time.

Quote:
    Rich C (UK) said:
    ... and ready to fly.

"Intelligence sources" tell me that mine has arrived as well. Life is going to be cruel for the next two and a half weeks, worse, I am due to go down to the dealers next Saturday. How can I come away without my baby?

Quote:
    dreamcar said:
    Quote:
    Rich C (UK) said:
    ... and ready to fly.

"Intelligence sources" tell me that mine has arrived as well. Life is going to be cruel for the next two and a half weeks, worse, I am due to go down to the dealers next Saturday. How can I come away without my baby?

Let's just hope that their service lifts are all in order as we've just worked out that yours is immediately suspended directly over mine - no stepping on my car so you can have a better look at yours!!!

Quote:
    Rich C (UK) said:
    Quote:
    dreamcar said:
    Quote:
    Rich C (UK) said:
    ... and ready to fly.

Let's just hope that their service lifts are all in order as we've just worked out that yours is immediately suspended directly over mine - no stepping on my car so you can have a better look at yours!!!

Well, if the lift fails, at least my car will have a soft landing

Quote:
    dreamcar said:

Well, if the lift fails, at least my car will have a soft landing

Or will it? - remember I didn't go for the PASM so the car won't be in 'comfort' mode

You're a pretty pathetic pair. Youre like the Frasier and Niles Crane of car buyers!!
    Why on earth are you torturing yourselves instead of getting your b-hinds down there and pick up the cars????
    I know the UK license plate trouble, but I simply cannot fathom why a digit on a license plate can mean anything the day youre selling the car?
    I mean, you still have the registation papers telling the potential buyers exactly when the car was built, registered etc, right?

Is it a snob thing?

Get cracking! (Besides...I need those 19" wheels soon!)

Quote:
    DrPhil said:
    You're a pretty pathetic pair. Youre like the Frasier and Niles Crane of car buyers!!
    Why on earth are you torturing yourselves instead of getting your b-hinds down there and pick up the cars????
    I know the UK license plate trouble, but I simply cannot fathom why a digit on a license plate can mean anything the day youre selling the car?
    I mean, you still have the registation papers telling the potential buyers exactly when the car was built, registered etc, right?

Is it a snob thing?

1. Agreed. Sad isn't the word. I have met Rich C, you haven't I know, and he is positively normal compared to me, despite having been seen in a Mini Pram, but men in white coats with flannel mallets seem to follow us around.
    2. The difference those two weeks make in resale value could be up to Pounds1,000.
    3. Having portrayed myself as the Elder Statesman of Rennteam, I couldn't be seen to associate myself with anything rash or reckless, now could I?

Quote:
    dreamcar said:
    Quote:
    DrPhil said:

Is it a snob thing?

1. Agreed. Sad isn't the word. I have met Rich C, you haven't I know, and he is positively normal compared to me, despite having been seen in a Mini Pram, but men in white coats with flannel mallets seem to follow us around.
    2. The difference those two weeks make in resale value could be up to Pounds1,000.
    3. Having portrayed myself as the Elder Statesman of Rennteam, I couldn't be seen to associate myself with anything rash or reckless, now could I?

Dear Niles.
    Please explain to me how a number on a license plate can have any impact on the resell value? Would someone pay 1000Pounds less for a car registered feb 28 than one registered march1?? HELLO?? Ding-ding! Anyone home?

Me is confused.
    Me be no undestand.
    Me go now.

Oh, just remembered.
    I need to coordinate my trip to Old Blighty so that I can experience the official ex-closeting of Charly and his little hottie Cammy.
    I still dont understad why they didnt save themselves and everyone else a lot of grief and got married to begin with.
    Oh, sure...Edward and Roger (Henry? Libby? wassisname?) would have looked like a couple of horses with big ears, but at least they would have saved the trouble of a big wedding and having to book Elton for that funeral.
    Just a thought.

It's an English thing, I am afraid. If a car in drive "A" has a "54" plate on it, means it could have been registered as early as 1st September 2004, and car in drive "B" has an "05" plate means it could have been registered as late as 31st August 2005, hence it could actually look 1 year (less 1 day) newer than the other car, even if in reality they could only be 1 day apart. Yes it is snobbery and stupid, but you can't buck the market.
    It's not just you Danes that have the monopoly on insanity, you know - look at HRH Jug Ears and the soon to be Mrs Jug Ears.

Thats'some fecked up shet, dooode.
    Why not re-register it when it's time to sell it...or offer the new owner to pay for new plates??? Or dont you switch plates in the UK when selling?

Quote:
    DrPhil said:
    Thats'some fecked up shet, dooode.
    Why not re-register it when it's time to sell it...or offer the new owner to pay for new plates??? Or dont you switch plates in the UK when selling?

Plates normally stay with the car unless "personalised", in which case you can transfer it from one car to another, or even put it on "retention" on payment of an appropriate fee. You can't put a registration plate on a car that would make the car look newer than it actually is. (i.e. put a 2005 plate on a car first registered in 2004, for instance). But you can put an older plate on a new car. I currently have a personalised plate (1990 vintage) on my 2002 Ford Focus.

Dr P, Check out http://www.parkers.co.uk price guide website if you don't believe us! I know it's really stupid... The plate date-codes dictate where the steps in depreciation occur.

However, these price-points are mileage linked, based on something like 6k miles each 6 months. And there is a correction table to add or subtract Pounds's depending on whether the car has done over or under average mileage.

It's really only the first registration time that matters - basically you'd probably have to squeeze in 6 months worth of mileage into the 2 weeks before March 1st to make it worth registering early.

Does that sound plausible guys? (Or am I talking out of my a55 again? )

Sounds about right - but we are all mad but it's a cross we have to bear.

Now, 6000 miles in 2 weeks.. hmm.. the sun is out, it'll get the break-in period out of the way.. it's a thought!

I am off from 3rd - 14th March, so I am starting to think of some good driving days out. Probably go down to Burgess Hill one day on the A272 (scenic road). Cranbourne Chase, Dorset is a good long scenic route back from the dealers.
    Any other suggestions? Anyone want to meet up?

Over the tops - Blandford to Salisbury is a real blast. No cameras, yet, either!

Quote:
    Rich C (UK) said:
    Over the tops - Blandford to Salisbury is a real blast. No cameras, yet, either!

Which reminds me - must get a kit to be able to move my Snooper over!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    776281 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441224 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262492 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260694 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85019 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5452 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880233 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    815282 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM