Crown

Board: Porsche - Taycan Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Welcome to the new Taycan Forum!

Wonder if back seats are roomier than Taycan’s?

Now we’re talking!

Wonderbar:

8EDFCB4C-CB86-4458-B591-19A7BF1C3C2F.jpeghttps://cc.porsche.com/icc/ccCall.do?rt=1615071583&screen=414x736&userID=USM&lang=us&PARAM=parameter_internet_us&ORDERTYPE=Y1BFC1&CNR=C02&MODELYEAR=2021&hookURL=https%3a%2f%2fwww.porsche.com%2fusa%2fmodelstart%2fall%2f

Haha just about like that. But I will have the offroad package bits and the window surrounds and badges in black. Haven't decided on wheels yet.

Hvae had a baby blue GT2RS, gold turbo S, silver Taycan, so why not a pink Cross Turismo Smiley
    --

Wonderbar:

Wonder if back seats are roomier than Taycan’s?

Depends on how you define 'roomier'. 

Shoulder room and leg room will be the same as the regular Taycan. I think with the wagon roof profile rear head room will gain about an inch or so. But with a panoramic glass roof head room was never an issue in the first place. 

--

Topspeed:

Yes! 

Whoopsy, I am more interested in the rear leg room. The leg room in the regular Taycan is almost unacceptable. My prior Panamera Turbo had much better rear legroom, even better than my prior-to-that Cayenne.

Wonderbar:

Whoopsy, I am more interested in the rear leg room. The leg room in the regular Taycan is almost unacceptable. My prior Panamera Turbo had much better rear legroom, even better than my prior-to-that Cayenne.

No comparison. My Panamera has way more rear leg room than my Taycan, and mine isn't even the LWB version.

S-Class vs C-Class.

--

Topspeed:

Funny, I think a Taycan (Coupe) Convertible could really sell pretty well... People are still waiting for a Porsche GT car other than the 911. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)

mcdelaug:
    Whoopsy:
    mcdelaug:

We will have to take away your Y chromosome...

I can't win can I? If I choose black and everything thinks I am boring and if I pick colours and I am wrong also Smiley

What you can count on is that anything you post on RT will result in your being teased about it... But “frozenberry” should have set off some alarms... Lamborghini would just call it SE30 or something... then somehow it’s ok.

CaptainAmerica1_zps8c295f96.jpg

smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqbRRqaMYMA

Looking good IMHO

https://www.autogespot.com/porsche-taycan-turbo-s-cross-turismo/2021/03/10

neunelf:

Looking good IMHO

https://www.autogespot.com/porsche-taycan-turbo-s-cross-turismo/2021/03/10

Looks amazing!

Very nicekiss

The car in the first video looks great in that color combination.  The second video is impressive with the light off-roading conditions.  Finally, Matt Farrah needs a bra, too much man boobs in the advert section of his video. 

CGX car nut:

The car in the first video looks great in that color combination.  The second video is impressive with the light off-roading conditions.  Finally, Matt Farrah needs a bra, too much man boobs in the advert section of his video. 

Smiley

Here are some great pics of the maroon color. 

Especially like the garage pic 

https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-reviews/porsche/taycan-cross-turismo/

Maybe electric cars aren't as easy as Tesla makes it looksmiley

I was at the dealer last week and there were rows of Taycans.  I asked if I could have one as a loaner and was told there's some sort of recall on the 2020s requiring multi day service...

waiting for PDK:

I was at the dealer last week and there were rows of Taycans.  I asked if I could have one as a loaner and was told there's some sort of recall on the 2020s requiring multi day service...

It is a major software upgrade.

There’s a suspension recall involving the Taycan and other 2021 Porsche cars in the States too. https://www.autoblog.com/buy/2021-Porsche-Taycan/recalls/

CGX car nut:

There’s a suspension recall involving the Taycan and other 2021 Porsche cars in the States too. https://www.autoblog.com/buy/2021-Porsche-Taycan/recalls/

Stuff happens. Even if it’s not your first rodeo. There don’t seem to be any reports of accidents or injuries so this is excellent proactive action which I applaud. I wonder how they discovered this and if the assembly process was automated. Perhaps it was given the number of models. One guy having a bad week would not touch so many models. It would be interesting if some big data reporting on the manufacturing process highlighted the issue. 
    So I’m a bit of a data geek. 

Leawood911:
    CGX car nut:

Stuff happens. Even if it’s not your first rodeo. There don’t seem to be any reports of accidents or injuries so this is excellent proactive action which I applaud. I wonder how they discovered this and if the assembly process was automated. Perhaps it was given the number of models. One guy having a bad week would not touch so many models. It would be interesting if some big data reporting on the manufacturing process highlighted the issue. 
    So I’m a bit of a data geek. 

Never stated otherwise and merely suggested a possible reason why Taycans are stacked up at dealerships in the EU in addition to a software update.  However, the extent of the recalled vehicles does allude to the limitations of Porsche's product tracking software at the plant level.  Porsche, as a precaution, recalled many more vehicles than the less than 400 units with the potentially defective fasteners.  Some automakers track every part, including fasteners installed, to a per unit level of granularity.  

And here highlights the major problem with EVs. Infrastructure.

Tesla has a better network, but they are not immune to the same issues. 

- People living inside the city don't have easy access to their own 'home' charging. 

- Crowded charging stations

- Charging problems, be it compatibility or out of order chargers. 

Consumers really just want a car that just works. Convenient charging anywhere like gas stations, and quick charging also.

Home charging is not the solution. More rapid charging infrastructure is the solution. 

--

It just depends. For me home charging is perfect.  It is like having a gas station at home. The quicker they can make home charging the better but speed is not as important as just having a place to plug in at home.  Superchargers, as a result, are almost always empty.  My guess is we have far fewer EVs available by magnitudes than houses with electricity suitable.  If your house has an electric clothes washer then you have enough power. 
    once you can charge at home you Virtually never stop anywhere else in your town to charge.  Road trips are different  and for those it is not quantity but ease of use and reliability. 
    If I were to guess I would say 98% of my charging is at home and I put 20k miles on in one year while working from home. 
    If I could not charge at home and had to go to chargers to fill up, regardless how fast, I would never own an EV knowing what I know.  Home charging is key. This is where your car sits most all the time. Perfect use of idle time. Sitting at a charger is nuts. Thinking that more of these is the solution is even more unrealistic. 

Sometimes I get the feeling these reviewers don’t actually spend much time using EVs in real life. 

Leawood911:

It just depends. For me home charging is perfect.  It is like having a gas station at home. The quicker they can make home charging the better but speed is not as important as just having a place to plug in at home.  Superchargers, as a result, are almost always empty.  My guess is we have far fewer EVs available by magnitudes than houses with electricity suitable.  If your house has an electric clothes washer then you have enough power. 
    once you can charge at home you Virtually never stop anywhere else in your town to charge.  Road trips are different  and for those it is not quantity but ease of use and reliability. 
    If I were to guess I would say 98% of my charging is at home and I put 20k miles on in one year while working from home. 
    If I could not charge at home and had to go to chargers to fill up, regardless how fast, I would never own an EV knowing what I know.  Home charging is key. This is where your car sits most all the time. Perfect use of idle time. Sitting at a charger is nuts. Thinking that more of these is the solution is even more unrealistic. 

Sometimes I get the feeling these reviewers don’t actually spend much time using EVs in real life. 

As you can see in the video his parking is in a parking garage, he has multiple spots there and the cars aren't permanently parked in one particular spot, that means if he were to install home charger it would means installing chargers on all his stalls. Doesn't make sense. There may not even be a wall plug for every stall there.

He isn't the exception, many people needed to park their cars in parkades and faces the same problem. Their own stall may not come with a wall plug.

There aren't any wall plugs on street parking spots either.

Your own situation fits EV ownership perfectly, you can charge your own car at home, that doesn't mean everyone else has the ability to do the same thing. Far from it. Many could be renting apartments in downtown and need to park the car on the street or in a common parkade, with or without permanently assigned slots and without easily accessible wall plugs. Public charging is a must for them. 

--

Whoopsy:
    Leawood911:

As you can see in the video his parking is in a parking garage, he has multiple spots there and the cars aren't permanently parked in one particular spot, that means if he were to install home charger it would means installing chargers on all his stalls. Doesn't make sense. There may not even be a wall plug for every stall there.

He isn't the exception, many people needed to park their cars in parkades and faces the same problem. Their own stall may not come with a wall plug.

There aren't any wall plugs on street parking spots either.

Your own situation fits EV ownership perfectly, you can charge your own car at home, that doesn't mean everyone else has the ability to do the same thing. Far from it. Many could be renting apartments in downtown and need to park the car on the street or in a common parkade, with or without permanently assigned slots and without easily accessible wall plugs. Public charging is a must for them. 

So we don’t disagree at all except that I think home charging is required and if you depend on public charging you should not bother with an EV.  
    charging your car away from where you usually park it will be as silly as getting coal to go and heat your house. The whole gas station paradigm makes no sense all all any longer. Duplicating them for EVs is senseless madness. 
    Once lightbulbs were invented houses got electricity very quickly.  Soon not just homes but parking spaces for apartments will have level 2 charging just like there are lights and dishwashers. 
    This is far more important than rapid charging. IMHO. 
    All is elementary so long as there are not enough batteries for even the people with homes that can charge. 

https://www.engadget.com/porsche-batteries-electric-motorsports-102040418.html

On top of leading the industry with their 800V system, they are going to pad their lead with 15 mins charging cells.

First supplies would be expected to land in their Motorsport usage. With the factory capable of producing 100 megawatt-hours a year, it would be logical to see these new batteries going into their next halo sports car, the EV 918 successor.

--

Zero CGI special effects, pure cinematic magic and cutting. 

Jaw dropping video of the Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo 30/30 campaign.

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/17/24 7:48 AM
    GnilM
    662228 1775
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    401193 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    254595 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    229199 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    59557 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4381 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

853518 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    761887 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM