Crown

Board: Motor Sports Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: 2016 British F1 Grand Prix at Silverstone

You dragged nastiness into it because I disagreed with you. Sure Hamilton has had some good wet drives, but that still doesn't explain your use of "now" since he hasn't shown anything particularly in the wet lately, and has lately shown a lot of bad driving in the dry. Other drivers have had even better wet performances at times, Vettel comes to mind, but I wouldn't say Vettel has proven himself "now" in reference to those.

Do I like Hamilton? No, I don't. I think he's a whiney prima donna who's ego is way bigger than his abilities. Just look at the nasty snarky comment he made to Verstappen after the race. Completely uncalled for, but his ego erases all sense from his brain.

apias:

You dragged nastiness into it because I disagreed with you. Sure Hamilton has had some good wet drives, but that still doesn't explain your use of "now" since he hasn't shown anything particularly in the wet lately, and has lately shown a lot of bad driving in the dry. Other drivers have had even better wet performances at times, Vettel comes to mind, but I wouldn't say Vettel has proven himself "now" in reference to those.

Do I like Hamilton? No, I don't. I think he's a whiney prima donna who's ego is way bigger than his abilities. Just look at the nasty snarky comment he made to Verstappen after the race. Completely uncalled for, but his ego erases all sense from his brain.

You mean the one he talked to Max about Rosberg while Rosberg is in the room?Smiley

Rosberg is much more whiney than even Alonso in his heydays, Hamilton can't even match half of Nico on that.

--

No, I mean the obnoxiously condescending, smirky way he said, "No you weren't," when Verstappen said something like, "I was catching up to you." (it was difficult to catch his exact words.) Verstappen is a talented, enthusiastic teenager, Hamilton is an experienced, 31 year-old "adult". There's absolutely no reason to respond like that except that he's a prick.

Hamilton may be a good driver, but he's a failure as a human being, who forgets that his success depends on being in the fastest car by far on the grid vs a teammate who isn't as strong, or lucky.

I must admit I am no fan of Hamilton. His personality comes across a bit fake and not very natural to say the least, e.g. DR personality ( at RBR ) comes across more real and natural..

Of course LH is a great driver, would they have Mad Max in the same team, doubt it. Max wouldn't respect him, he would just treat him like a normal driver because Max would believe he is quicker.

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.

@Whoopsy

+100o to every post of you (despite draging Obama into F1 *gg*)

@apias

LH didn't have and didn't want to push as hard as he may have could because he was saving his engine (as he had already a few problems) for the rest of the saison:

Mercedes-Mercedes:

#44 Lewis Hamilton: ICE - 3 | TC - 5 | MGU-H - 5 | MGU-K - 3 | ES - 3 | CE - 3
    #6 Nico Rosberg: ICE - 3 | TC - 3 | MGU-H - 3 | MGU-K - 2 | ES - 2 | CE - 2

Red Bull-TAG-HEUER:

#3 Daniel Ricciardo: ICE - 3 | TC - 3 | MGU-H - 3 | MGU-K - 3 | ES - 2 | CE - 2
    #33 Max Verstappen: ICE - 2 | TC - 2 | MGU-H - 2 | MGU-K - 2 | ES - 2 | CE - 5

Ferrari-Ferrari:

#5 Sebastian Vettel: ICE - 4 | TC - 3 | MGU-H - 3 | MGU-K - 3 | ES - 3 | CE - 3
    #7 Kimi Raikkonen: ICE - 3 | TC - 3 | MGU-H - 3 | MGU-K - 4 | ES - 3 | CE - 3

(source - > http://formula1insider78.blogspot.co.at/p/blog-page_62.html )

This is why he stated that MV wasn't catching up on him, he was just managing the pace and lead!!

The Red Bulls have a great car in the wet - it's said to be the best of all F1 cars this year under these circumstances - and if you want to compare any drivers skills you have always to compare them with the teammate first and...

LH was ALWAYS faster than NR in the wet ever since the raced together in the team.

It was the same with LH and FA in 2007 when they were teammates @Mclaren; and it was LH first season @F1 and he could match FAs pace in any condition and without FAs very dumm move @Hungary GP LH would have become F1 WC already in that year!kiss

But it's obvious that you don't like him and therefore praise anybody to be quicker/ better/ more sympatic/ ... than him! mail

But as as said, it's all about your teammate first and looking back any season @Mercedes GP since LH & NR were racing together LH was always quicker and was also in every season better ranked as Nicorettesmiley

And without his technical problems he had in the first five races he would have be leading the championship big time (again), he's only mistake was his crash @Baklu whilst qualy 3!

Regarding the Barcelona crash it was 50:50, in Austria it was so obvious what Rosberg had in his mind (but gladly failed) and racing commision was paying him back...

I'm totaly with you regarding LHs behaviour (in his private life) but at least he's the ONLY F1 driver who's working & partying hard! blush

He's the black version of James Hunt

apias:

Uhm, Hamilton never had to do anything today to prove himself, particularly after the safety car start, and he won by a smaller margin than Mercedes is used to winning by, so I don't know what you are talking about. In Monaco, Red Bull gifted him the win and he actually only won by cutting the chicane. In Austria, he only won because of the stupid DRS gimmick, and being lucky after he turned into Rosberg. In Barcelona he made the stupidest move I've ever seen a driver make. And, what exactly did he prove in Baku after he ran off track and later wrecked his car in qualifying? So, again, how has Hamilton proven anything "now"?

Hamilton admitted to nursing the engine as much as possible due to his limited engine allocations. Check the SKY interview. All he did was manage the gap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xmccy36_Lo
    --

2003 BMW M3 CSL (sold) / 2008 Porsche 911 GT3 RS / 2013 MINI John Cooper Works GP / 2014 BMW Alpina D3 biturbo Touring

@Porker

*sarcastic mode ON*

NO!! @apias is right, LH is a very, very bad driver!

• NR is better driver
    • MV is even so much better
    • Rio Haryanto is at least as good as LH

*sarcastic mode OFF*

Whoopsy wrote that he had proven himself "now", so while I don't dispute that he was trying to save his engine, I don't think he proved anything about his driving yesterday either -- i.e., it wasn't a notable drive, it was an ok drive.

apias:

Whoopsy wrote that he had proven himself "now", so while I don't dispute that he was trying to save his engine, I don't think he proved anything about his driving yesterday either -- i.e., it wasn't a notable drive, it was an ok drive.

The 'now' was directed at you, so you can finally accept he is a great driver, a better driver than Rosberg, which the whole world already knows.

But then again, seems it fell on deaf's ears.

Personality doesn't win races, who cares if he is a jerk in person like Alonso? I couldn't even care less if he is a closet crossdresser!

--

Whoopsy:
    apias:

I couldn't even care less if he is a closet crossdresser!

And if he crossdresses in white he will always be ""THE FASTEST"" ,,,,, apias Smiley Smiley...

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.

Whoopsy:
    apias:

The 'now' was directed at you, so you can finally accept he is a great driver, a better driver than Rosberg, which the whole world already knows.

But then again, seems it fell on deaf's ears.

Personality doesn't win races, who cares if he is a jerk in person like Alonso? I couldn't even care less if he is a closet crossdresser!

I''ve never argued that he isn't overall a faster driver than Rosberg. But, he drives dirty (and has for long before he and Rosberg became teammates), he often drives stupid (Barcelona, for example), and he's really not all that. On any given day, he may be better than Rosberg, or he may be worse. I do care if he's a whiney prick, because being a fast driver doesn't make him a great champion, no matter how many titles he wins.

@apias

SV and FA are always whining around, not LH!

He barely complains, he's just overtaking anyone in front of him and being three times WC is proof enough that he knows best what, when & where to do.

Real champions NEVER back up, Senna didn't, Vettel didn't, Schumacher didn't, Alonso didn't,... and Hamilton doesn't either!

Ha, ha, he was even just whining about what tires he was on in Austria. Hamilton constantly complains and throws the team under the bus.

@apias

it's even more fun to discuss with you about F1 than watch the races!!

Well, I can't believe no one is interested in discussing anything other than whether Hamilton rocks or not.

apias:
    apias:

Still no announcement regarding the stewards' investigation of Mercedes/Rosberg? (I haven't been able to find anything.)

A 10 second penalty for Rosberg, dropping him to 3rd, and reducing his lead over Hamilton to 1 point. Reasonable, maybe even a little light, given the current regulation, but I'm not a fan of the radio ban as it is currently employed.

I do think it's improper for the teams to give advice on things like braking points, but I think for car failures, and potential failures, particularly for things like impending brake failures, teams should be allowed to communicate wit the drivers. I also think a situation like Hamilton had in Baku should allow team communication to get a settings issue worked out. These are not so much issues of the driver driving the car, but safety and systems issues. I also think the FIA has seriously overstepped the intent of the "alone and unaided" clause in the regulations.

However, this decision by the stewards now sets a precedent. I think in a situation like Perez had in Austria, given the fact that the first part of Mercedes radio communication, regarding the impending failure, was deemed of, teams should feel free to warn drivers of impending brake failures. They also have an idea of what sort of penalty applies, so strategists can apply their calculus to determine if the communication is worth the penalty. I think in Rosberg's case it clearly was worth it for Mercedes. Although, I'd still prefer to see this whole radio ban reworked.

https://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2016/07/analysis-you-cant-have-help-from-team-radio-but-well-tell-you-when-its-ok-to-go-racing/

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690500 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409763 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256017 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235280 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65650 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4657 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858426 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774711 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM