Have I had a fun couple of days finalising insurance. Never easy when you're trying to insure 2 cars with 1 driver. I had an arrangement with Zurich who I have been with for several years, who allegedly give "multi product discounts" if, like me, you have both cars and house insurance with them. A very sick joke, that one! They would also give me NCD's on both cars in my name. Fine in theory but then I got their quote for the Boxster 2.5 times higher than the cheapest with double the excess! So then I try to get a quote for the Focus without a NCD. Have you ever tried to sort that lot out with an Indian in Bangalore? Don't get me wrong I am in no way racially biased but that call centre is utterly hopeless. Zurich were more expensive for the Focus without an NCD than the Boxster with any other insurer I had quotes from. Fortunately Porsche Insurance sorted it all out and gave me good quotes for the both - both cars with Zurich Pounds1,800. Both cars with Porsche Pounds1,050. With Porsche Insurance the Boxster, on its own 9,000 miles, Pounds350 xs, my wife and myself as drivers both clean licences and no fault accidents Pounds630. Considering the overall package a very good deal.
I now even have my 05 registration number so it's about to happen....

Porsche Centre Bournemouth have over 40 cars going out on 1st March, so I am glad I am waiting to the 3rd. It will be like a Grand Prix pit lane there on the 1st