Crown

Board: Porsche Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

NEWS!!!

Gents,
    I have an exciting news!
    A good friend of mine who just ordered a 997S cab, got back recently from Porsche Camp 4 in Finland where he had an amazing time!
    Needless to say, organisation was amazing, the cars great and most of all, the hostesses so hot it hurts! One of them was Miss Finland 2001.
    I'm going next year and this time no excuse.
    But most of all, two news, the first one is no scoop, the Porsche staff mentionned the Cayman a couple or times so confirmed here. Pretty cool!
    3.4 Litres with 320 hp, the aim of the car is the revive the sporting spirit of the 911 of the 60s it's said internally, whatever that means, it's great news!
    And pricewise, rumors seem to be confirmed, it'll be priced betweet the Boxster S and Carrera.
    But the main news is that my friend met Wiedeking himself who was there for a few days with his wife and kids.
    The guy apparently is amazing, very nice, really relaxed, and open.
    They stayed at the bar one night late, drinking beers and gin tonic, and nothing in particular, Wiedeking was asking questions about the service of my friend's dealership, etc etc etc, then toward the end, he told him:
    Well, wait for October, something will happened at Porsche that has never ever happened before in the history of the firm and even in the history of automobile!!!!!!!!!!!
    My friend tried to find out more, if it was related to the Cayman, but Wiedeking pretended he never heard the name before! Smart man, he just said, the a new model is coming and that the presentation is going to blast everyone!!!
    This is really exciting!!! The last time Porsche blew me away was with the Carrera GT concetp in Paris in 2000, nobody, absolutely nobody was expecting it!
    I'm thinking, it can't be the Cayman, because everybody knows about it, the four door sedan? Also known, so we'll see. Or could it be the Cayman, but just so good that no one expects it?
    But trust me guys, my friend is no liar, I know that, and he's not even crazy about cars like we are, he decided to go to camp 4 because his dealer had a spare place, so he wouldn't BS me.
    Can't wait for Ocotober!

Re: NEWS!!!

Quote:
    Fanch said:
    Gents,
    I have an exciting news!
    A good friend of mine who just ordered a 997S cab, got back recently from Porsche Camp 4 in Finland where he had an amazing time!
    Needless to say, organisation was amazing, the cars great and most of all, the hostesses so hot it hurts! One of them was Miss Finland 2001.
    But most of all, two news, the first one is no scoop, the Porsche staff mentionned the Cayman a couple or times so confirmed here. Pretty cool!
    3.4 Litres with 320 hp, the aim of the car is the revive the sporting spirit of the 911 of the 60s it's said internally, whatever that means, it's great news!
    And pricewise, rumors seem to be confirmed, it'll be priced betweet the Boxster S and Carrera.
    But the main news is that my friend met Wiedeking himself who was there for a few days with his wife and kids.
    The guy apparently is amazing, very nice, really relaxed, and open.
    They stayed at the bar one night late, drinking beers and gin tonic, and nothing in particular, Wiedeking was asking questions about the service of my friend's dealership, etc etc etc, then toward the end, he told him:
    Well, wait for October, something will happened at Porsche that has never ever happened before in the history of the firm and even in the history of automobile!!!!!!!!!!!
    My friend tried to find out more, if it was related to the Cayman, but Wiedeking pretended he never heard the name before! Smart man, he just said, the a new model is coming and that the presentation is going to blast everyone!!!
    This is really exciting!!! The last time Porsche blew me away was with the Carrera GT concetp in Paris in 2000, nobody, absolutely nobody was expecting it!
    I'm thinking, it can't be the Cayman, because everybody knows about it, the four door sedan? Also known, so we'll see. Or could it be the Cayman, but just so good that no one expects it?
    But trust me guys, my friend is no liar, I know that, and he's not even crazy about cars like we are, he decided to go to camp 4 because his dealer had a spare place, so he wouldn't BS me.
    Can't wait for Ocotober!

Are you out of your mind? wait till October?
    Are you sure that it wasn't due to the cold factor and many beers that your friend started to hallucinate?
    Just kidding .

My guess would be the 4-door sedan too since he (W.W.) said it'd never happened in the history of the company .
    Isn't Frankfurt Auto show in September? what's up in Oct?

RC, please shed some light on this; you know we can't wait till October .

Quote:

hmmrpff. porsche never mentioned their hostesses or miss finnland on the website -- if i'd knew this...

Quote:
    'm thinking, it can't be the Cayman, because everybody knows about it, the four door sedan? Also known, so we'll see. Or could it be the Cayman, but just so good that no one expects it?

but when wendelin tells that this "never happened in the history of automobiles" it sure is no 4 door sedan

maybe some new type of cupholder?

i'm curious

nice story, thanks for sharing francois.

Quote:
    but when wendelin tells that this "never happened in the history of automobiles" it sure is no 4 door sedan

At that point Wiedeking was talking about the launch of the car itself.
    Like possibly a new approach, I don't know.
    Remember the 997? First Estoril, then press launch in Austria, at the castle of Munchausen or something like that, very well organised but typical.
    So expect something never seen before, we'll see, it's exciting.
    I personally love the way they introduced the Carrera GT, Walter Rohrl drove it down the Champs Elysees at night until the Louvre where some journos had been invited. They were all expecting the Cayenne
    So this is the proof thaf despite media technology, Porsche can surprise. Wait and see for now.

Someone call up sherlock, we need a good detective to figure this one out. Damn Octobers is much too far away

"never happened in the history of automobiles"
    Do you guys think it will be some sort of new car, suv, van, ...what can it possibly be??? Maybe those new airless tires on production vehicles...

Hmmm, I just thought. Maybe the first ever hybrid or electric sports car thats actually fast.

Quote:

maybe some new type of cupholder?

Great story Fanch, thanks!

Yes, maybe not an unknown vehicle but a different approach to the introduction, or maybe new technology. Hybrid? Active suspension? The Bose Suspension System hasn't been introduced yet. Maybe the new Porsche four-door would be a good premier for that system.

Great news...

but now..i just can't sleep thinking to the 997 Turbo...i can't take other strange thing to think about!!!

ciaoo

997 C4 and C4S deliveries starting September.
    Boxster Coupe (creating a hype around the Boxster Coupe with the name Cayman is a smart move; don't you think?)
    Naturally the real name will appear at a later stage.
    Deliveries of this car starts in September/October.
    GT3 May 2006
    997 Turbo May 2006

Christian,

Welcome back!

Quote:
    CF said:
    997 C4 and C4S deliveries starting September.
    Boxster Coupe (creating a hype around the Boxster Coupe with the name Cayman is a smart move; don't you think?)
    Naturally the real name will appear at a later stage.
    Deliveries of this car starts in September/October.
    GT3 May 2006
    997 Turbo May 2006

Good to see you CF .

Then what's the deal with "not in the history of automobile" thing that WW said.

Here in the US letters have gone out from PCNA to participate in some marketing research about current and future products...feedback on some new models.
    A qualification question was would you be interested in a model priced in between the 987 and 997....hmmmm.
    I'am in and looking forward to what they have to show..

Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:
    Then what's the deal with "not in the history of automobile" thing that WW said.

I may be just me but I have to admit I find that phrase little "disturbing" until we know what it is, its doens't necesarily mean its good for the sportcar enthusiast part of the Porsche crowd...

I know, the Boxster coupe is going to be the first hybrid sportcar!

Quote:
    zzboba said:
    hmmrpff. porsche never mentioned their hostesses or miss finnland on the website -- if i'd knew this...

I regularly go to Finland for business, and to meet with some famous Finnish drivers that are friends of mine. And from my experience, believe me, I will rush to such a camp only the day it will be organized with Swedish hostesses. But with Finnish hostesses, not interested, sorry girls

according to francois it's more likely that wendelins remark was made with regards to the introduction. so the surprise probably is not WHAT is being presented, but HOW it is being presented.

so here's my guess:

in october on the cayman islands a porsche cayman will be destroyed (and eaten) by some caiman crocodiles while village people are performing YMCA

Quote:
    zzboba said:
    so here's my guess:

in october on the cayman islands a porsche cayman will be destroyed (and eaten) by some caiman crocodiles while village people are performing YMCA

zzboba, you should be a screen writer for films, is my guess correct?

Quote:
    zzboba, you should be a screen writer for films, is my guess correct?

thanks a lot!

(but no i'm not unfortunately, i'm working at an internet/IT agency where i have to tell clients some reasonable stories why their project is delayed -- which demands some creativity at least )

Quote:
    according to francois it's more likely that wendelins remark was made with regards to the introduction. so the surprise probably is not WHAT is being presented, but HOW it is being presented.

That's correct, Wideking was referring to the intro of the model, so possibly something cool along the lines of Zzoba's story.

Ahm... maybe it will be the return of Porsche to Le Mans? There was some rumor about porsche returning in 2006... that would mean with an MY 2006 car, introduced octobre 2005... Elementary, my dear Watson!
    -Joost-

Quote:
    Joost said:
    Ahm... maybe it will be the return of Porsche to Le Mans?

Now that would be the best gift they could give us!!... Porsche returns to racing!!

... I doubt it though

Quote:
    Joost said:
    Ahm... maybe it will be the return of Porsche to Le Mans?
    -Joost-

Pretty clever Joost that would be awesome.

But it wouldn't be sth that would happen for the first time in the history of automobile...

True. Keep in mind that he was talking about a model introduction, and also that they had quite a lot of Beers and Gin & Tonic by then.
    But I can promise you it's true, not that you know me but the people who do know I do not BS for pleasure.
    Although I have been sent wrong info from Mercedes in the past! Isn't it RC;)

Porsche New 4th Model??

Perhaps Wiedeking was thinking about new Porsche 4th model.........

Quote:
    Fanch said:
    ... then toward the end, he told him:

'
    www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/d/75890

LOL it's got sport design rims!!!

10 inch Sporttechno's

I hope it is not the 4 door but a new high performance sportscar which will blow Ferrari away and that brings Porsche back to racing again...

LOL!

sounds really interesting...perhaps its the Cayman since there have been some spy pictures recently...

Lots of you guys must have ignored or misread this part "never happened in the history of automobiles".

Im going to stick with my hybrid/electric sports car theory

Quote:
    Wild-Speed said:
    10 inch Sporttechno's

right

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/29/24 1:47 PM
    Enmanuel
    691797 1781
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    410452 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256334 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235557 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65878 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4753 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

859027 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    775512 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM