Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: 992 GT3

If driving the gt3 in a spirited manner I would not want human beings trapped in the back. Too many things to go wrong and so little space. This from someone who used his back seats in old air cooled 911s for years. I was always very aware of how dangerous it would be for someone back there. 

$7k for seats in a car shell that normally has them.  Stockholm syndrome?

Leawood911:

If driving the gt3 in a spirited manner I would not want human beings trapped in the back. Too many things to go wrong and so little space. This from someone who used his back seats in old air cooled 911s for years. I was always very aware of how dangerous it would be for someone back there. 

My exact thoughts. Smiley

--

The purpose of life is to enjoy the moment.

waiting for PDK:

$7k for seats in a car shell that normally has them.  Stockholm syndrome?

10K for exterior color coming from an existing list which is just outside the configurator Smiley...

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual

Cayenne GTS 2014

AP pointed out that the price of the “Club Sport” option for the Porsche 992 GT3 is in line with previous versions...  C7BEAB03-A272-4B0C-AF73-D01AEAA5AA36.gif

F52DE58B-8B6E-44FD-9A0E-A4BE8FA6A686.jpeg

nberry:
    Leawood911:

My exact thoughts. Smiley

The Turbo has got rear seats and is faster than the GT3, someone call Porsche and tell them to stop the madness Smiley

--

2016 Porsche 981 GT4 | Racing Yellow
    2018 Audi S6 Avant | Ibis White

Like every GT3 owner drives the nuts off the car everytime everywhere? Sane people adapt their driving style when there are kids in the car, regardless the type of car. 

--

997.2 4S / BMW 745e / Donkervoort GT 

spudgun:

Like every GT3 owner drives the nuts off the car everytime everywhere? Sane people adapt their driving style when there are kids in the car, regardless the type of car. 

+1

--

2016 Porsche 981 GT4 | Racing Yellow
    2018 Audi S6 Avant | Ibis White

If the Touring can have a wing delete, why not rear seats, there is clearly demand for it so I don't see a point in arguing if there are useful on a Touring or not, clearly they can be to some if there is such a demand.

It is not like the rear seats will have any disadvantage whatsoever in a GT3 Touring (performance or otherwise), so let the owner decide. Especially now that there are no naturally aspirated options to choose from other than the GT3 anymore.

Boxster Coupe GTS:

AP pointed out that the price of the “Club Sport” option for the Porsche 992 GT3 is in line with previous versions...  C7BEAB03-A272-4B0C-AF73-D01AEAA5AA36.gif

Yes the cage and one harness is free if you are ready to pay for the specific seats...Smiley so free but not really. Porsche style at its best.

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual

Cayenne GTS 2014

Carlos from Spain:

If the Touring can have a wing delete, why not rear seats, there is clearly demand for it so I don't see a point in arguing if there are useful on a Touring or not, clearly they can be to some if there is such a demand.

It is not like the rear seats will have any disadvantage whatsoever in a GT3 Touring (performance or otherwise), so let the owner decide. Especially now that there are no naturally aspirated options to choose from other than the GT3 anymore.

Does anyone know if Porsche uses the existing floor stamping for GT3 or is it a different assembly because of clearance issues and so forth?  If it’s a different component then that would impact placing rear seats in that space. 

CGX car nut:
    Carlos from Spain:

Does anyone know if Porsche uses the existing floor stamping for GT3 or is it a different assembly because of clearance issues and so forth?  If it’s a different component then that would impact placing rear seats in that space. 

Porsche doesn't need to reuse existing stamping, they can do GT3 specific ones as it's just one part. Just like how they uses different floor stampings for RoW cars which can be fitted with roll cages vs the unreinforced stampings for North America cars which can't safely support roll cages.

--

reginos:

The GT3 is a more noisy car given its engine. Moreover, it has a harder suspension including firmer ball  joints, less noise insulation and thinner windows.

All these will make a family ride a kind of punishment for family and passengers notwithstanding the joy for the driver.......and this until the wife starts pestering for the discomfort Smiley

--

"Porsche....and Nothing else matters"

My kids always loved the noise...they fell asleep (and still do). Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)

Whoopsy:
    CGX car nut:
    Carlos from Spain:

Porsche doesn't need to reuse existing stamping, they can do GT3 specific ones as it's just one part. Just like how they uses different floor stampings for RoW cars which can be fitted with roll cages vs the unreinforced stampings for North America cars which can't safely support roll cages.

Can or do use different rear floor assemblies? That would require recertification of the rear seat anchor points and that cost would be large enough for Porsche not to offer the option.  

spudgun:

--

The temptation to exercise the car as it’s meant for is too great. When people ask for rides they expect spirited driving and not following speed limits. Families are no different. A month ago a New Lamborghini spyder put along side of me with a young boy in the passenger seat. We were entering a stretch of road which is very curvy that I drive often enough to the point I could drive it with my eyes closed.

I follow a rule that I never engage another car who wants to race and boy do I get a lot of those. Stupidly  this driver wanted to show what his Lamborghini could do to a Porsche. He started to gun his engine along this four lane road with a concrete center divider. My initial reaction was to ignore him. But he kept at it. So a engage him. It wasn’t pretty. I lost in my rear view mirror after the second curve. When we finally came to a stop at a red light the Lanbo finally catches up I looked over and the young boy and driver looked distraught. They were all smiles when we started. 

I was pissed at myself for engaging. The road we were on is very technical and requires fore knowledge to navigate it at speed. If the Lamborghini lost control and the boy and driver injured I could have been charged. My point is when you driving a high performance sport car no matter how good you are at controlling your instincts, the power/performance of the car will overwhelm you and will do something stupid. Smiley

--

The purpose of life is to enjoy the moment.

Just as a comparison: 992 GT3 lease in Germany 2700 EUR. Huracan Evo RWD Spyder 2500 EUR. Ouch. Just received the offer from my Lambo dealer, unfortunately the tax advisor said no, no Lambo for the business, Porsche is OK, even if it is 200 EUR more expensive. German taxation weirdness.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)

RC:

Just as a comparison: 992 GT3 lease in Germany 2700 EUR. Huracan Evo RWD Spyder 2500 EUR. Ouch. Just received the offer from my Lambo dealer, unfortunately the tax advisor said no, no Lambo for the business, Porsche is OK, even if it is 200 EUR more expensive. German taxation weirdness.

Is lease better than buy, so that you can deduct from your business?

--

18 GT3 Manual, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

GT3 for a business in France is a no no. 

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual

Cayenne GTS 2014

the-missile:

Maybe you could say you need to move butter from one place to the next very quickly. Can't have the layers of those unbaked croissants melting. 

Enmanuel:
    the-missile:

Maybe you could say you need to move butter from one place to the next very quickly. Can't have the layers of those unbaked croissants melting. 

or vaccines Smiley

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

intouch1:
    Enmanuel:
    the-missile:

or vaccines Smiley

Some here would prefer a croissant Smiley

Enmanuel:
    intouch1:
    Enmanuel:
    the-missile:

or vaccines Smiley

You meant to say a bagel.

--

2018 White 911 GT3

Hmm, smoke salmon cream cheese on a toasted bagel with smoke salmon on top.......................

--

Gauss:
    Enmanuel:
    intouch1:
    Enmanuel:
    the-missile:

or vaccines Smiley

You meant to say a bagel.

Smiley

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual

Cayenne GTS 2014

Bagel thread now is it 

Wheres the Coke Zero one indecision

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.

991 GT3.2 pick up April/May 2018. ( Hairy Chest Spec ).

Vauxhall Zafira 1.6 Exclusive pick up June 2013. ( Shit Box )

Rennteam Hairy Chest Advisor.

You could try run the GT3 with Coke Zero. It is already fit for synthetic fuel. 

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual

Cayenne GTS 2014

the-missile:

The brand name counts...Porsche...Audi...BMW...VW...even Range Rover, no problem. 

Lamborghini, Ferrari, McLaren, Aston Martin...problems. Maserati is so and so, sometimes they accept it.

If you have a big company with a couple of hundreds of employees, no problem with anything of the above, even Rolls Royce is possible. German tax courts have decided that the car needs to fit not only the income but also the representation level of the person/company. A big shot company owner can drive a Ferrari, a low show pharmacist like me not. Smiley

I am pretty sure that at some point, tax laws will be adjusted to EVs and environmental factors, so I guess in two or three years, maybe slightly later, the tax office will only allow business cars which fit a certain emissions class or whatever. It already started with advantages for business owners who choose to drive an EV and it will get worse.

--

Grant:
    RC:

Is lease better than buy, so that you can deduct from your business?

Basically the same but right now, I'd say lease is better for various reasons. 

My tax advisor was at my office yesterday, we did some calculations. Basically, 50% of my business car cost is covered by the government. Not bad. This includes lease cost, fuel, maintenance, everything. If you use a certified logbook, it can be up to 100% (not likely though since you always use the car privately).

There are several issues with buying a car: 

1. Capital is locked.

2. Car becomes part of business capital (which has taxation consequences when you want to sell the car and/or want to move it into your private estate).

3. Risk of resale value at the end of ownership (usually you keep a car you buy 5 years, lease only 2-3 years), especially now with this whole EV and emissions laws situation.

Buying an expensive car privately is even more dumb and the reason is simple: You "loose" the VAT.

Let me explain: A friend, he is a pharmacist as well, bought a Mercedes AMG GT (S I think) a while ago. Privately. He didn't think his tax advisor would OK it (he would have, he didn't ask Smiley). Last year, he wanted to sell the car because he needs a SUV for the family. No dealer wanted to buy it or take it in for an acceptable amount of money because it "lacked" VAT. If you buy the car for a business, you retain the VAT, which means that even when you sell the car, the buyer (if he owns a business) can deduct the VAT. If the car was owned privately, the VAT is "lost". I do not know if this is the same in other countries but in Germany, this is a serious problem with high end cars because if the VAT is "lost" (car bought privately), it is difficult to sell to certain types of customers.

Just imagine: AMG GT (MSRP 170k EUR), VAT would be a whopping 32k EUR or so, this is not something a dealer can ignore.

Now here comes the lease in play: If you lease a car privately(!), you still "keep" the VAT because the car is owned by the lease company, not you. This is good for both, you and the dealership who needs to take the car in after the lease. 

--

spudgun:

--

You are correct that owning a sportscar doesn't mean driving flat-out all the time and in all circumastances.

However, something like a GT3 is not an only car.

Someone who can afford a €180.000 focused driving car has the financial ability to own other cars (limousine/estate and/or SUV) who fit the purpose of traveling and carrying passengers a lot better than the hypothetical 2+2 GT3 Touring.

--

"Porsche....and Nothing else matters"

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689304 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409080 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255690 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234943 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65498 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857889 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773890 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM