Crown

Board: Lamborghini Language: English Region: Worldwide - USA Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Evo Spyder RWD

RC:
    mcdelaug:

Deposit made, now for the waiting...

Congrats, you will never let this car go, believe me. There is nothing like it coming anymore I'm afraid. The V10 is dead (it will be replaced by a V8 Biturbo hybrid in the next gen, only the V12 stays n/a as a hybrid as well) and the sound of this engine will stay unique, all future cars will be muted, especially in Europe but also those for the US market at some point.

My dealer claims that the RWD Evo is as loud as the Performante, louder than the Evo AWD, for whatever reason. The same was the case with the R8 RWS, pretty weird.

You will love it, no doubt. Smiley

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019

Thanks RC, I know you have strong opinions (like me) and investigate things that interest you very thoroughly (also like me) so I believe you are correct. The exhaust sound of the RWD with the top down is *almost* too much. Almost.

Leawood911:

Congrats. Way to make time crawl. Keep us posted 

Heh, yes you’re correct Leawood, this + Covid is making time pass soooooo slowly

mcdelaug:

Hey Enma, thanks for asking.
    It will be MY 2021 in Verde Artemis, Aesir diamond cut 20s, CCBs with yellow calipers, gloss black on front, rear And side aero, body color diffuser

interior: new carbon sport seats in yellow and black Evo trim with inverted stitching (black on yellow and yellow on black), Bicolor floor mats, Lambo badge on headrest in yellow, cruise control (otherwise there’s a blank on the steering wheel), magneto-rheological suspension, front axle lift, alcantara on ceiling and A pillar, leather everywhere else. Yellow stitching on wheel. I removed all the composite material because it won’t match the carbon on the seats. No interest in the Sensonum (stereo) either given V10...

Delivery in April or May.

Impressive yet somehow very traditionally Lamborghini Smiley I join you in the wait, it’ll be a sight to behold. 

mcdelaug:

It will be MY 2021 in Verde Artemis, Aesir diamond cut 20s, CCBs with yellow calipers, gloss black on front, rear And side aero, body color diffuser

interior: new carbon sport seats in yellow and black Evo trim with inverted stitching (black on yellow and yellow on black), Bicolor floor mats, Lambo badge on headrest in yellow, cruise control (otherwise there’s a blank on the steering wheel), magneto-rheological suspension, front axle lift, alcantara on ceiling and A pillar, leather everywhere else. Yellow stitching on wheel. I removed all the composite material because it won’t match the carbon on the seats. No interest in the Sensonum (stereo) either given V10...

That will be a superb car SmileySmiley

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm -- 991.2 GT3 RS 

mcdelaug:

Wow Smiley, can't wait to see the pics. Long wait... Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

mcdelaug:

Deposit made, now for the waiting...

Congrats! Smiley

--

2016 Porsche 981 GT4 | Racing Yellow
    2018 Audi S6 Avant | Ibis White

Why the long wait? Is the factory shut down or reduced hours? 

--

When you're going through hell.....keep going.

Thanks to all of you for the enthusiasm!

Nick, of course the factory is closed for August, they are a little behind due to Covid closure, and they are building too many Urus, not enough sportscars...

nberry:

Why the long wait? Is the factory shut down or reduced hours? 

Behind schedule and many many orders, especially Urus... Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

mcdelaug:

wow, congrats! looking forward to the pics Smiley

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Rossi:
    ISUK:

It does have a 3 flash function. Press the switch then immediately press it again and it will give a three flash signal before self cancelling.

Oh really? Smiley

I never realised that. Smiley
    Must definitely try this next time I drive the car...

My dear Iain...

... it doesn‘t work. Smiley

Or I‘m too dumb to operate it. Smiley

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

It did on my 2016 model year car Stefan. Perhaps they have changed it Smiley

My Evo RWD should be here early next month so I'll see if it works in that.

Rossi:
    Rossi:
    ISUK:

It does have a 3 flash function. Press the switch then immediately press it again and it will give a three flash signal before self cancelling.

Oh really? Smiley

I never realised that. Smiley
    Must definitely try this next time I drive the car...

My dear Iain...

... it doesn‘t work. Smiley

Or I‘m too dumb to operate it. Smiley

Told you...the Performante is completely different than the Huracan. Smiley Smiley

--

Stefan,

My car went in February so I can't test it out but did you try pushing the button in the direction you want to indicate then immediately press down on the button to cancel. I think that is how it worksed in mine to get the 3 blinks function.

ISUK:

Stefan,

My car went in February so I can't test it out but did you try pushing the button in the direction you want to indicate then immediately press down on the button to cancel. I think that is how it worksed in mine to get the 3 blinks function.

Doh. Smiley

I pushed the button in the direction and pushed again, but in the same direction! Smiley
    So it‘s press down after a while to cancel, press down immediatly for the 3 blinks function.

Man, only Italians can come up with such ideas. Smiley

Oh, BTW, congrats to your Evo RWD. Smiley

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

Rossi:

Man, only Italians can come up with such ideasSmiley

This is what happens when you get rid of good old fashioned column stalks that worked perfectly well. There is a limit to what you can do with one button so this type of crazy nonsense is what they come up with.

Don't they realise that we never read the owners manual as a matter of personal pride Smiley

I wish the owner's manual was accurate. Smiley

--

RC:

I wish the owner's manual was accurate. Smiley

Absolutely. Things are described in words and pictures that do not exist. Smiley

--

Rossi:
    ISUK:

Stefan,

Doh. Smiley

I pushed the button in the direction and pushed again, but in the same direction! Smiley
    So it‘s press down after a while to cancel, press down immediatly for the 3 blinks function.

Man, only Italians can come up with such ideas. Smiley

It really works!  

Not as intuitive as the 3 blinks function with stalks, but you can get used to it quite easily. Smiley

--

Unica app finally says “In Production” 6 months after signing. Maybe 4-8 weeks to go!

mcdelaug:

Unica app finally says “In Production” 6 months after signing. Maybe 4-8 weeks to go!

Just in time for a spring flowers road trip?  Or a 2-shot vaccine celebration road trip.... Smiley

--

2017 Range Rover Sport S/C,  2019 Porsche 911 Turbo

4trac:
    mcdelaug:

Just in time for a spring flowers road trip?  Or a 2-shot vaccine celebration road trip.... Smiley

Spring flowers sounds perfect, I love the wildflowers here in Spring.

Spring, especially in Texas, is perfect for picking up a Lambo Spyder. Smiley

Picked up my Performante in spring as well and enjoyed a beautiful summer (oh, well...judging by German standards Smiley).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)

Spring seems far away... -8C this AM...

mcdelaug:

-20C here Smiley

--

18 GT3 Manual, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

Grant:
    mcdelaug:

-20C here Smiley

Even Vancouver is at -4C and snowing. 

Global Cooling in effect................

--

Whoopsy:

Global Cooling in effect................

Indeed.

https://www.dw.com/en/cold-winter-global-warming-polar-vortex/a-56534450

--

2016 Porsche 981 GT4 | Racing Yellow
    2018 Audi S6 Avant | Ibis White

I agree with this article... as more energy is put into the atmosphere, global weather becomes less stable, less predictable. So while it’s colder here today than is typical, maybe some polar bears and Arctic fox are having warmer weather, lucky bastards...

mcdelaug:

I agree with this article... as more energy is put into the atmosphere, global weather becomes less stable, less predictable. So while it’s colder here today than is typical, maybe some polar bears and Arctic fox are having warmer weather, lucky bastards...

Right, global warming refers to the average global temperature but that doesn't mean that it can't get colder in some areas because other areas get hotter, and the overall global average effect is still towards warming. And as that happens the climate and weather changes in the different areas will also increase and become more caotic (droughts, floods, freezing spells, heat waves, etc)

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Carlos from Spain:
    mcdelaug:

Right, global warming refers to the average global temperature but that doesn't mean that it can't get colder in some areas because other areas get hotter, and the overall global average effect is still towards warming. And as that happens the climate and weather changes in the different areas will also increase and become more caotic (droughts, floods, freezing spells, heat waves, etc)

And there global warming crowd is still in denial. Mother Earth didn't follow their 'prediction', and just keep doing it's own things, so instead of admitting they are wrong, they changed their movement to 'climate change', just to cover every bases. They Earth's climate is always changing, by itself, for the past 4 billion years, and it will continue to do so, for the next 4 billion years. It's like the kid in the playground who keep losing so he changes the rules just so he can win. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Humans have no solid proof one way or another, the 'samples' they have are for an insignificant chunk of time in Earth scale. They need more data period.

I have been living in Vancouver for basically the last 30 years. The first 8 years or so, weather is cold enough to still snow around Valentine's Day. The next 15 years or there about got warmer, we don't even get one day of snow a year. The last few years it gets colder again, and have regular snow days. 

Those scientists are basically take the first part of my stay here in Vancouver and claimed global warming. But 5 years ago when it got colder, and disproving their 'theory', they changed the name to climate change, so it doesn't matter it gets warmer or colder. 

What they are doing right now is like Einstein found out his E=MC2 equation is wrong, so he changed from using Mass to say Time, T, in his equation and claim he is still right Smiley

There first rule of being a scientist is that one has to be able admit they could be wrong. One can't just hang onto one single theory and when it is proven wrong, instead of starting over, one start changing the data used in order to fit everything around the flawed theory. That's not science. 

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    806285 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    449450 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    267023 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90434 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    7173 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

887143 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    835884 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM