Crown

Board: Motor Sports Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: [2021] Formula 1

Christian Horner is a sore loser and he proved this many times before.

But Karma is a b**ch and Max just got a 5 grid penalty for his reckless driving under double yellow. Still he isn’t admitting his mistake, Max is a very bad educated bully who’s thinking the world is turning around him 😵‍💫

Go for it Lewis, it’s hammer time 🔨⏱

So Dr Marko had a chat with Gasly.

Could he be asking Gasly to take out Hamilton? It's a freebie as Max won't be affected, nor will Red Bull as it will be a Alpha Tauri car.

--

This could be but I still hope that anyone @RedBull still has some integrity left 🙏🏻

FD6E3EF2-56C8-4913-9DC5-0D7C63AF0B03.png

Whoopsy:

Could he be asking Gasly to take out Hamilton? It's a freebie as Max won't be affected, nor will Red Bull as it will be a Alpha Tauri car.

You so guessed it.  

Depends on how one look at it, it is both exciting and procession race at the same time. As expected, all the passing was down in turn 1 with DRS.

Brand new circuit on the calendar so no one knows about tire performance. After the Bottas blowout, the suspense hangs in the air to see how Red Bull and Mercedes will react. Even more suspense came when both the Williams got the blow outs.

Alonso on the podium. Wow. What a drive by him. he finally made it back on the steps. On the broadcast it was mentioned that last time Alonso was on the podium was when Max first joined F1. That's a long time ago. He should also send a Christmas card to Latifi thanking him for bringing out the VSC so late in the race to save his tires. Another incident worth mentioning, he did a Verstappen on Verstappen at the start between turn 2 and turn 3.

5 place grid drop is nothing to Max, he dispatched those cars in no time on the start, save for Gasly and Alonso. But the way Gasly got out of the way for Max without getting into trouble was a novelty. And the advantage of the Red Bull over the Alpine was on full display when Max passes Alonso with ease. Him in the Red Bull pulling away from the the pack with Hamilton was amazing to see, like a second or 2 a lap faster than everyone else. Pity Red Bull didn't quite get the setup right this weekend, or else it would be a much closer fight. 

Hamilton drive a picture perfect boring race. Two tire stops in reaction to Max and that's it. Wasn't really in doubt as Mercedes nailed their car setup for the twisty bits this weekend, that's where Hamilton gained the most over Max in the Red Bull. Maybe Horner will harp about illegal downforce generator in the Mercedes or something next race. 

Bottas. Mostly self inflicted. When he starts in the middle of the pack he almost always get a back start and get stuck there somehow. He is great running at the front, but really who doesn't? he just simply doesn't have the extra gear in the bag when needed. But he is also the most unlucky driver also, it would seems disasters keep following him.

Pace drop from Ricciardo is tragic. How a driver of his caliber sunk so low. And he got a decently fast McLaren under him. 

One last note, I believe Hamilton wasn't running PU5, the new engine in Brazil this weekend. He was using PU4, the older engine. It would seems Mercedes is saving the fresh PU5 for the Saudi race.

-- 

--

CGX car nut:
    Whoopsy:

You so guessed it.  

Haha not quite, but did you see how far out of the way Gasly got to to let Max through?Smiley

--

Now Horner had been summoned to the Stewards for breaching the Sporting Code.

Wonder what that is about? Didn't see anything during the broadcast.

Could it be from a illegal communication to sister team for letting Max get past Gasly?

--

Lewis is trully in the zone, flawless race from him, well done! He didn‘t use PU5 in this race, wise move from Merc.

Even though I really don‘t like Max he did a tremendous job at the start and in the opening laps, but still it was clearly visible how much fast RedBull is.

The only reason this championship isn‘t decided yet is because of Sir Lewis, he‘s making the difference.

This year RB has obviously the fastest and easiest to drive car, remember the Mexican race when Sergio was chasing down LH44 with ease although he was driving behind him in the slow sectors w/o losing downforce.

Whoopsy:

Now Horner had been summoned to the Stewards for breaching the Sporting Code.

Wonder what that is about? Didn't see anything during the broadcast.

Could it be from a illegal communication to sister team for letting Max get past Gasly?

I guess finally nobody can‘t hear his and Dr. Marko‘s bad mouthing anymore, although RedBull was taking profit way more of this years F1 decisions than any other team!

In Brazil MV33 should have handed a 5s penalty at least, BUT… 😖

And so the summon was for a stern warning about this criticizing the marshals and the general lack of respect towards FIA personal.

They got off easy.

I really not sure what ground Horner think he is standing on is solid about arguing. 

It's the basic racing rules, obey flags. light panels and car display for yellow or red conditions are only recent thing. For the longest time it was flag stations with marshals showing flags. Electronics can malfunction but flags won't. 

There is a stationary car to the right of Verstappen, the marshal on the left is definitely correct in waving double yellow. it doesn't matter if flag stations before that didn't show any flags, they aren't responsible for that section in the first place. 

Do Red Bull really think they are above regulations and rules?🤦🏻‍♂️

--

Well Redbull got away with no penalty for Brazil… so one would be forgiven to think they could get away with anything Smiley

Great recovery drive from Max though. 

There was little doubt, actually zero doubt, that a driver of Max's caliber and in a superior car would be able to dispatch everyone between him and Hamilton. Bottas could have been a troubling spot but he went backwards instead of forward at the start so there. The only question was will he be able to catch Hamilton by the time he got through the traffic. The answer to that was no. Heck, just look at Perez's progress slicing up the field, there aren't any car on the grid that could pose a problem of the Red Bull other than Hamilton's Mercedes. 

--

Mad Max driver of the day, by a far shot. What other pilot on the grid could have kept this close to Ham.

Merc the stronger car. Jeez, Max really has his work cut out for the remaining two races.

Really hope he pips Hamilton this year.

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.

991 GT3.2 pick up April/May 2018. ( Hairy Chest Spec ).

Vauxhall Zafira 1.6 Exclusive pick up June 2013. ( Shit Box )

Rennteam Hairy Chest Advisor.

2 more races to go this season. 8 points separating between the contenders.

That non-race race at Belgium now is proven to be very critical point wise. Max gained an automatic 10 points over Hamilton there, without it he would be trailing by 2 points. 

Max's path is very clear. Win one of the two races remaining and he is automatically the champion. 

If Hamilton wins the next race and get the fastest lap point, they would tie in points going into the last race. In that scenario, whoever finish higher would be champion. 

Now if Hamilton doesn't get the fastest lap next race, he would go into the last race trailing by a single point. Max will still win the championship if he finish 9th to Hamilton's 10th. assuming neither gets the fastest lap. They would tie in points but Max wins on tie breaker with 9 wins vs Hamilton's 8. 

--

As Max said once, if you put him in a car that is capable of winning, he will win, otherwise he won’t. It’s more on the constructors than the drivers at this point. Max and Ham are pretty equal in skill, IMHO.

Formula 1 has always been about the constructors. That's the more important trophy.

Best teams attracts and signs the best driver available. And those drivers will take advantage of the best car and win the drier's championship too most of the time.

Red Bull was smart to recognizes Max's talent, and sign him early. Max was equally trusting of Red Bull's promise to deliver him a championship winning caliber car. They delivered their end this year so it's all on Max to hold up his end of the bargain.

It was the same with Hamilton way back then. He was in Mclaren, happy. Mercedes recognizes his talent and potential, courting him into take the risk to join them and head into the unknown together. Hamilton took up that offer and Mercedes delivered on their promise and the rest, well the rest is history. 

Vettel tried with Ferrari, so did Alonso, but Ferrari didn't deliver. And Alonso, well his luck means he ran into a brick wall called Hamilton at Mclaren. And then every year after at Ferrari. Vettel at least got 4 championships done during his time at Red Bull in their all conquering era. 

Skill wise, Hamilton is on a declining curve for a while, he isn't young anymore yet it's amazing that he is still able to maintain his pace, on top of having experience from years of racing. Max is going up the other way, but 7 years now in F1, he should be reaching his peak or will be there soon, what's lacking is experience and decision making on track. These 2 curves were on a converging path last couple of years and this year or possibly next year will be the crossover point. Where Max will be clearly ahead. But a whole bunch of young guns are right behind him, all have the potential to win it all if the right car comes along. Leclerc, Norris, Russell to name a few. With the new car and engine freeze coming next year for a few years, who is to say Ferrari won't deliver a home run car and Leclerc winning the next few titles? Or Mclaren with Norris? 

--

Max undoubtedly has great natural driving skills and has been a winner in the right car and now likely to win the World Championship.

His only problem is that he is a graduate of the "Helmut Marko School of Racing Etiquette".

I mentioned Max needing to only win one of the last two races to win the title.

But there is a possibility that Hamilton could win both, earning 50 points and Max finishing 2nd both races to earn 36. if he gets both fastest lap points he would lose the title by 4 points. 

And the only reason he lost by 4 was because he try to shut the door on Hamilton at Silverstone. Had he did a Hamilton and yield and live to fight another day, he would have gotten at least 18 points there, if not the full 25. And he would win the title by at least 10 points if not the full 14. He would actually be leading the standing by 26 at this point in time with 2 races to go if everything after Silverstone stays exactly as what had happened. 

If Hamilton wins the title, Silverstone would be the turning point. and Max would indeed learn a very valuable lesson, ever point count, finishing 2nd is better than not finishing at all. There are time and place to be aggressive and that one corner isn't. 

If Max doesn't win this year and he never gets to win one, which is a distinct possibility as Red Bull could be starting on their back foot for the new regulations next year and could mingle mid pack until the next rule changes, and by then someone else could be the dominant team, maybe a Ferrari or McLaren, or even Alpine. He would surely reflect back to Silverstone 2021 as the one mental mistake he made that cost him dearly.

--

If Hamilton didn't exist in F1 the drivers' title would have been decided in favour of Verstappen long time ago.

Hamilton's racing intelligence and skill greatly offset the advantage of RBR's car and is keeping the fight alive. Verstappen is struggling more than he should to seal a championship that was from the beginning his to lose. 

I hope Lewis Hamilton wins his 8th this year.

--

"Porsche....and Nothing else matters"

Unfortunately I highly doubt it that Max will see it that way… most probably in the scenario he will lose the championship, he will say that Hamilton won dirty instead of accepting his mistake and grow up.

--

There is no try. Just do.

Lots of “what if’s” for 2021.

If Max wins by 5 points or less we can look back to the Spa result and question the validity of the decision to declare a result..

Go LH - get yourself number 8!!

I'm also rooting for Hamilton's 8th. What an achievement that would be! Fingers crossed.

--

2018 White 911 GT3

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/hamilton-i-want-to-be-the-purest-of-f1-drivers/6812989/

A fresh interview with Hamilton.

"I am not too big or too successful to back out to fight another day. I know that is sometimes the route you have to take. You have to be the smarter one.

"Sometimes you lose points in doing that, for sure, but it's not just about me. I have 2,000 people behind me and, through that selfish decision I could make - 'No, I'm going to hold my ground' and don't finish - that costs all my team potential bonuses at the end of the year, all the hard work they have to do, the damage of the car. I am conscious of those things also."

That's someone with experience and can see the bigger picture. 

--

I think someone at Brackley is still laughing on the floor. They sent Red Bull on a wild goose chase about the rear wing. Which Horner and his crew are wasting spending pointless hours studying the misdirection. 

Red Bull keep harping about Mercedes' top speed, but they have always had the top speed advantage since forever, different car design philosophy. 

The real gain from the Mercedes side is actually from slow-medium speed corners. Traditional places where Red Bull has the clear advantages. Mercedes are now able to go around those at a quicker pace than before, hence they can keep the momentum building towards end of straights for a bigger speed advantage. 

Horner just found out Mercedes are 2/10th faster a lap at turn 6 of the Qatar circuit, the slowest corner there. 

Turn 12 at Brazil was another one of those slowish speed corner that is a traditional Red Bull corner. But Hamilton pretty much nailed it lap after lap from Friday to Sunday. Mercedes must have found the secret to their car setup to gain ground on slow speed corners, but since the headline at Brazil was Hamilton's engine, no one else paid any attention to their handling side of things. 

Funny to watch him keep backtracking after backtracking to save some face. 

On another note, Aston just poached Mercedes's chief aero guy. Mercedes keep bleeding talents to rival teams. Could they maintain their spot around the top of the teams next year?

Could the 'impossible' happen for 2022? Alpine nailed the package and Alonso drives away with his 3rd title? I may not be an Alonso fan before, but I am now and I am rooting for that. That old fox still got a lot of fight in him. 

--

reginos:

If Hamilton didn't exist in F1 the drivers' title would have been decided in favour of Verstappen long time ago.

Hamilton's racing intelligence and skill greatly offset the advantage of RBR's car and is keeping the fight alive. Verstappen is struggling more than he should to seal a championship that was from the beginning his to lose. 

I hope Lewis Hamilton wins his 8th this year.

--

"Porsche....and Nothing else matters"

+1

It‘s only because of Sir Lewis that we‘re still in a championship fight!

He‘s just that good and way smarter than the dutch prick.

I trully hope that MV never wins any championship as he‘s the most aggressive & reckless driver out there.

Every time someone is paying back to him he‘s claiming that it’s unfair🤬

Gauss:

I'm also rooting for Hamilton's 8th. What an achievement that would be! Fingers crossed.

+1

🤞🏻🙏🏻💪🏻

Whoopsy:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/hamilton-i-want-to-be-the-purest-of-f1-drivers/6812989/

A fresh interview with Hamilton.

"I am not too big or too successful to back out to fight another day. I know that is sometimes the route you have to take. You have to be the smarter one.

"Sometimes you lose points in doing that, for sure, but it's not just about me. I have 2,000 people behind me and, through that selfish decision I could make - 'No, I'm going to hold my ground' and don't finish - that costs all my team potential bonuses at the end of the year, all the hard work they have to do, the damage of the car. I am conscious of those things also."

That's someone with experience and can see the bigger picture. 

I think there are not many drivers who are as complete as Hamilton, If we look back, he is a driver that arrived very matured to F1 IMO... he gave a great fight to Alonso on his rookie season and wouldnt he was held back that that year he would have won the WDC. Alonso was in his peak that time and also had the best car, but Hamilton was just as good. He did not do many mistakes in his career. I was never a Hamilton fan, but one thing is sure he is as perfect as it gets as a driver. This year I must say I am rooting for him, and this is the first time I do so.... 

I am a bit disappointed in Max with his behaviour, what a great driver a great talent, but on the other side zero respect to all. This could cost him this championship. I am sure he will be a multiple WDC but he is lacking on many other things. 

Sure Hamilton was always lucky from his beginning to have a great car, but he also always had teammates and he was always on top (almost always). After Shumi won his 7th title I was sure this record is one to stay for at least 50 years... what an achievment, and here is Hamilton fighting for his 8th.... nothing else need to be said here I think.

While most of us never got to watch Fangio, Clark, etc race, our generation (I think most of us here are about the same age and not too far apart) get to see some of the greatest F1 winners still. Lauda, Prost, Senna, Schumacher, Alonso, Vettel, Hamilton and now Max. We also get to see how they carry themselves on and off track. 

Lauda and Prost are the methodical ones that always calculate a few moves ahead, Prost on top is the little schemer that's always trying to scheme up something. he knew exactly what would happen 3 moves before he even do it. 

Senna is the one that's single minded in his pursuit of speed, passionate about it, a bit rough in his style, but he never forgets when he is crossed. 

Schumacher is a blend of all three. He carries grudges, he is passionate, he is ruthless, he is calculated, and he also schemes like Prost. 

Alonso has the talent, he is passionate, but in the begging of his career, he is also a bit naive but he is also brash. He is finally humbled after his second stint at Mclaren, but he is a more complete racer at Alpine now than he ever was. I would love to see him win another WDC before he retires, of all drivers currently on the grid, he is the one most deserved to win. Skill wise, he never really lost a step compared to his Renault days, heck, he got better racing in the rain, which was never his strong suit to begin with. 

I can safely group Vettel and Max together. Max is pretty much following Vettel's footsteps coming up the Red Bull system. I believe the Red Bull system encouraged and developed them to be entitled and selfish. They both have the natural talent from the beginning. Red Bull had identified them early to see the greatness in them, they were not wrong. They just didn't polish up the rough diamond correctly. Vettel carried that attitude to Ferrari and only now at Aston that he basically 'matured'. But he is already past his prime. Max started off at RB at a very young age, the RB influence is very strong, that's the only thing he know. But even now he is still young, and he is a fast learner, I hope he wakes up early enough to change. He is missing a few pieces but the raw talent is there for him to follow Hamilton's greatness. 

Hamilton. There is really nothing else to be said about him. Everything he has now he earned it fair and square. Nothing was spoon fed to him. The raw talent, the hunger, the perfect blend of methodical and ruthlessness. Even luck. There isn't a 'complete' racer until him. But that's on track. Off track, he is even more impressive. He carried himself as a gentleman through and through. Now his off track endeavours might not be for everyone's taste, but he knew he is always on spotlight and had acted perfectly. Never ever once did he swears on the radio, he might question decisions or voiced annoyance about another driver or something, but he never go below the belt and swear at people. That's the greatest attribute of them all. he is the model every kid around the world should follow. 

--

Whoopsy, every driver is a product of its generation. 

You can take the best drivers of 30s - Rosemeyer, Carac, Nuvolari, Stuck; 50s - Fangio, Moss, Hawthorn; 60- Clark, Hill, Gendebien; 70- Ickx, Lauda, Andretti; 80- Prost, Bellof, Senna and etc

All of them incomparable as a personality - different generations and in mastership - the cars being so much different that racing was a different discipline. The guys that were good in 50s would never win in 80s and vice versa.

Schummi, Kimi and Alonso are very different to modern crying Hamilton and Vettel. First 3 are much more interesting and all round more deeply developed personalities to me than the late 2.

About Hamilton - he is a great driver of course, they way he searches the motivation so long is exceptional, but to me he represents the worst from the current generation - lack of deep knowledge and propaganda of shit like lgbt and blm. I am liberal who is for the fair rights for all, but this guy is too much active in racism (staying on the knee) where the people who never were the slave owners must stay one the knee in front of those uneducated criminals who never were slaves. Socialism propaganda, save the planet and other crap. In 30s such a personality would be very efficient to promote nazism. Whats interesting the guys like Rosemeyer and Carac were never the propagandist ones:)

I hope that the young people, that represent the next generation will not follow the ham route. My imho

--

sportcars-history.com

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    762525 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    435405 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260531 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257589 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80956 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5321 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

872323 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    807691 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM