Crown

Board: Motor Sports Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: [2021] Formula 1

BjoernB:

F1 became political and t4 rubbish - decisions are clearly made in favor of Mercedes.....

What ??? Smiley FIA is trying since years to slow down Mercedes in order to bring back excitement to F1… the problem is that until this year no changes were significant enough, I think what you say regarding „in favor for Mercedes“ is total nonsense. That F1 is political is nothing new, it is like that for almost 20 years now and it has nothing to do with Mercedes. 

Buy the sway the best season in years… if you ask me it can continue like this…. Smiley

For some, any decisions that didn’t go Max’s way is in favor of Mercedes. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Some wanted to think a 3 place grid penalty is too harsh for Max, especially compared to the 10 second Hamilton got in Silverstone. But apples to oranges. In Silverstone Hamilton is still running, so the 10 second is appropriate. Here in Monza Max is clearly out of the race, giving him a 10 second is pointless.

Hamilton at Silverstone had to go really fast to negate the penalty, Max can easily neutralized the grid drop by taking a new engine, which he is due to get one anyways. Which means the 3 place grid drop is also pointless.

Which also means Max got off penalty free for crashing out Hamilton.

Now since both cars are damaged in this incident, it also affects both teams’ budget. Mercedes probably got off worse in that regards. #44’s tub likely will be a write off with the damage, while the 33 car only got some minor floor damage. Unless of course the collision damages the engine components too. The it would means might need another engine on top. 

--

This is true, the rule change to reshaping the floor to favor high rake cars like Red Bull’s and slow down low rake cars like Mercedes was clearly done to bring Mercedes back to the pack and increase competitiveness… to ignore that this is the most competitive year in almost a decade and say the FIA favors Merc is just ignoring evidence.  Even Helmut Marko is not trying to blame Lewis… so even he knows deep down that Max was at fault. 

One of most fair analyses one has heard about the incident.  

First race I have watched in quite a while. Great time to have tuned in ! Loved the way that Bottas gave his team a podium finish, but did not disrupt a McLaren one two finish. May have been the limits of his tires; may have been beyond the car's capabilities; or may have been beyond his current level of motivation       smiley

CGX car nut:

Yes. It goes on to proof that Lewis, as a 7 time world champion, is a much fairer racer, he doesn’t need to resort to shoving others off track in order to gain an advantage. Which also means he wasn’t hitting Max on purpose at Silverstone. It was Max being Max and trying to bully his way around and tried to shut the door on Lewis and hit his car instead. 

Stewards are hyper consistent this year in penalizing the inside car for incidents.

Crashing Lewis out works just fine for Max, he actually left the weekend gaining some points over Lewis.

--

How many drivers this season have been saved by the wishbone. Seen quite a few where many would have taken a impact to the head.

Me, a Max fan. I love aggressive driving but on that incident he tried to be too much of a bully indecision

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.

991 GT3.2 pick up April/May 2018. ( Hairy Chest Spec ).

Vauxhall Zafira 1.6 Exclusive pick up June 2013. ( Shit Box )

Rennteam Hairy Chest Advisor.

Whoopsy:
    CGX car nut:

Yes. It goes on to proof that Lewis, as a 7 time world champion, is a much fairer racer, he doesn’t need to resort to shoving others off track in order to gain an advantage. Which also means he wasn’t hitting Max on purpose at Silverstone. It was Max being Max and trying to bully his way around and tried to shut the door on Lewis and hit his car instead. 

Stewards are hyper consistent this year in penalizing the inside car for incidents.

Crashing Lewis out works just fine for Max, he actually left the weekend gaining some points over Lewis.

--

Your bias is on exhibit once again.  MV is aggressive but that's what separates (potential) world champions from the mere good F1 drivers.  No one gets to that level without being extremely competitive and you know that. 

Also:

rare footage of kimi actually curious about something

smiley

CGX car nut:
    Whoopsy:
    CGX car nut:

--

Your bias is on exhibit once again.  MV is aggressive but that's what separates (potential) world champions from the mere good F1 drivers.  No one gets to that level without being extremely competitive and you know that. 

What’s wrong with bias? We’re talking about sports, it’s all about passion.…Smiley

--

997.2 4S / BMW 745e / Donkervoort GT 

I think Max is very good for the sport, as he brings something that was long gone in F1… there is a lot of action because of him. I think that 3 places grid penalty is a bit on the low side, 5 would be sufficient IMO and they should not allow to combine this with the PU change. Anyhow if he will continuer like this he will loss the DWC to Lewis, as he is way “smarter” he know when to risk and when not to. The times are long gone where you can just crash into someone and go without penalties…. The 90’s are long gone. Max has the best car but I think that the combination Mercedes/Lewis ist the stronger one. I put my money on Lewis 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTznYSaotsF/?utm_medium=copy_link
    another great view of the accident 

The next Netflix season is going to be a treat to watch smiley

Enmanuel:

Are they continuing filming this season again?

--

2004 Porsche 996 GT3 RS  / 2018 Mercedes-AMG E63 S / 2020 Ferrari 812SF

Hamilton vs Verstappen: Who Was To Blame At Monza? | Jolyon Palmer's F1 TV Analysis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_J-sfngex4

Porker:
    Enmanuel:

Are they continuing filming this season again?

Affirmative, it's confirmed for 2022 release. And I think I read somewhere that they 99% secure (but not final) on filming the 2022 season and airing on '23. 

Netflix were filming at Monza. Ted Kravitz (Sky Sports) made a reference to their presence in pit lane.

I know this is a "we love Hamilton " and "Max has the faster car" (although patently untrue) thread, but not every one agrees with the stewards decision. Some are even current racing drivers that actually race at Monza and some are even Porsche Motorsport drivers. One of those drivers points out that when you have another car besides you and you still keep aiming for the apex of the corner (as Hamilton did) then you are asking for a collision to happen. The other driver completely agreed. For me...Its F1 and I much prefer sportscars.

Spyderidol:

I know this is a "we love Hamilton " and "Max has the faster car" (although patently untrue) thread, but not every one agrees with the stewards decision. Some are even current racing drivers that actually race at Monza and some are even Porsche Motorsport drivers. One of those drivers points out that when you have another car besides you and you still keep aiming for the apex of the corner (as Hamilton did) then you are asking for a collision to happen. The other driver completely agreed. For me...Its F1 and I much prefer sportscars.

What you said about this thread is total BS I actually never liked Hamilton, on the other hand I loved Max from the first moment, but you must be blind to not see Max’s behavior on the track…. And I don’t mean only this incident I mean all over his career until now, seems that his motto is as he said over th radio in the recent incident “that’s what happened if you don’t leave space” F1 is long past the old Schumi times where you can just push drivers of the track without beeng punished… honestly I love the action that he brings, but he deserved the penalty… 

great season SmileySmileySmiley

What I reported is what some racing drives have stated. If you think it is BS, then thats great! You are entitled to your opinion as other are too.

I think the Palmer review shows how thin the line between hero and zero is. Everybody shouting Max was overly aggressive (well, he is generally an aggressive driver anyway) is just because of the big aftermath. A hair's width left or right and it would have been a spectacular overtake.

In the same review you can see that Max is looking at Hamilton when he walks past their pile of cars and Hamilton already moving, so all the BS about Max not even being considered is also a bit overdone IMHO.

I have to admit, when I saw the crash, I would agree with most people that this was taking it too far maybe, but after seeing Palmer's review, I am inclined to judge it as a racing incident as well.

--

Porsche, separates Le Mans from Le Boys

Schumacher documentary is now available on Netflix.

Joost:

I think the Palmer review shows how thin the line between hero and zero is. Everybody shouting Max was overly aggressive (well, he is generally an aggressive driver anyway) is just because of the big aftermath. A hair's width left or right and it would have been a spectacular overtake.

In the same review you can see that Max is looking at Hamilton when he walks past their pile of cars and Hamilton already moving, so all the BS about Max not even being considered is also a bit overdone IMHO.

I have to admit, when I saw the crash, I would agree with most people that this was taking it too far maybe, but after seeing Palmer's review, I am inclined to judge it as a racing incident as well.

This ^^^.  Also a bit surprised that the sausage curb is getting little coverage for its contributory role in this incident.  If it were a normal runoff area, MV’s car would not have catapulted itself into Hamilton’s car.  

Ricciardo vs Max

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr8I3jSKKFo

CGX car nut:
    Joost:

This ^^^.  Also a bit surprised that the sausage curb is getting little coverage for its contributory role in this incident.  If it were a normal runoff area, MV’s car would not have catapulted itself into Hamilton’s car.  

And Palmer also said the Silverstone incident is also a racing incident too btw.

Btw, did you hear the silence from Mercedes about having Red Bull pays for their damages?

Take off your Max goggles. He is a very talented race car driver. No one is disputing that. What he is missing is maturity. He spent 5 yrs now in the sport, he should have learn what’s acceptable and what’s not. 

it’s not like he doesn’t know. Look at him progressing on moving under braking. He was famous for that dangerous move when he first came out. Now it’s all but gone. He do clean braking now. So he knows what he needed to do, but the bullying part he still kept, he doesn’t trust his own skills, keep thinking the only way he can get ahead is intimidating others, most driver let him be, not all and not all the time. He is finally learning that. At Monza he has the hotter tire. He would have come out of the chicane with more speed even if he tucks in behind Lewis, and he can get Lewis before the next turn with the tow and greater exit speed. 

I literally called it at the beginning of the season, Max is going to crash out Lewis together. Didn’t take them long.

call me Hamilton shill or whatever. I literally like all the young kids  on the grid. All the young guns. Norris, Leclerc, Russell, Ocon and even Albon and Sainz. I don’t particular like Max and his behavior doesn’t automatically means I am a Hamilton fan. I admire what he had accomplished, especially with how he begins. Every step of the way he fights and conquered. And he races clean. That’s the difference. He may whine and bitch on radio and interviews but he never endanger someone else on track. Even at Silverstone. Max is the one that turned into him to try and shut the door but clipped Hamilton’s rear front wheel instead. Stewards penalized Hamilton, just like how they did with every inside car on every incident this year. they are consistent so I had no problems with that.

--

Whoopsy:

Take off your Max goggles. ...

No, why? I am a fan of his, and I know I am biased! I am not saying my opinion is the truth, I'm just trying to explain how I see the events. He is a bit overly aggressive/bullying, I agree with that and I wish he would make his overtakes without that, so there is no dispute about whether or not you can do it that way. But still, I also love how he shakes things up and how he isn't bothered/impressed by other driver's "status". I also think that his behavior is partly due to the character of modern days racecars; it's basically impossible to be on the other drivers tail lap after lap, overtaking in one corner and being overtaken in the next. Due to all the aero stuff, you basically have to force your way past the other. You could say that Lewis never needed that, but the flip side is that Lewis has always had a VERY dominant car wrt to the rest of the field, so he could just fly past... 

--

Porsche, separates Le Mans from Le Boys

Joost:
    Whoopsy:

Take off your Max goggles. ...

No, why? I am a fan of his, and I know I am biased! I am not saying my opinion is the truth, I'm just trying to explain how I see the events. He is a bit overly aggressive/bullying, I agree with that and I wish he would make his overtakes without that, so there is no dispute about whether or not you can do it that way. But still, I also love how he shakes things up and how he isn't bothered/impressed by other driver's "status". I also think that his behavior is partly due to the character of modern days racecars; it's basically impossible to be on the other drivers tail lap after lap, overtaking in one corner and being overtaken in the next. Due to all the aero stuff, you basically have to force your way past the other. You could say that Lewis never needed that, but the flip side is that Lewis has always had a VERY dominant car wrt to the rest of the field, so he could just fly past... 

This incident involved two drivers fighting for the World Driving Championship with only a few races remaining so every pass and overtake is becoming critically important.  If any incident is a racing incident it was this one. Was Max aggressive, yes, but he also held a speed advantage over Hamilton who had reentered the track with cold, fresh tires.  Again, if that sausage curb wasn't there, this incident wouldn't be anything greater than mild contact.  

There's no goggles but Nick can't see it.

Spyderidol:

Spot on !

Regardless of how one feels about Max/Hamilton one way or another, the Stewards have been extremely consistent, right or wrong, in their assessment on penalties. The inside car is always in the wrong.

some say Hamilton 10 sec penalty is too light, or unjust, exactly the same as Max’s 3 place grid penalty, too light or unjust.

Max was out of the race, a 10 second means absolutely nothing, Hamilton was still running so a 10 second was assessed. Had Max been able to continue the race after he crashed out Hamilton, pretty sure he will get a 10 sec penalty.

What the Stewards wanted to enforce is that both competitors start racing fair. They were doing that the last few years but something changed. Perhaps one smell blood as he knew he could win it all, and the other start protecting as he felt his position might be threatened.

All we know is, if they keep crashing, the title will not be won by either, Norris will be the 2021 Champion, which he is well deserved also. Heck, Leclerc still have an outside chance to win it all. 

Would that be something, a McLaren or a Ferrari at the top. And  Max’s best chance to win it all will be gone, as next year with new rules, his car may not be the best and he also needed to fight off the other young guns, Leclerc, Norris and Russell, and everyone else.

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688736 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408786 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255563 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234818 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65406 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4636 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857653 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773515 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM